Resident Evil - Hard-on for STARS, only $60 for a short experience *Now with spergings over gamer, skirts, and violence against a woman

Judge Dredd

Senior Layout Artist
kiwifarms.net
Rev 2 I didn't play as much but it offers a ton more playable characters, enemies and maps (including a bunch from RE6) and is a lot easier. I remember the optimal way I ran most stages was with a full-auto sniper rifle that would only stop firing by dodge-cancelling (or running completely out of ammo).
Rev 2 is doable, but can be a challenge at times. With 2 people it's a push over. I think the reason they fucked up is that there's no scaling for 2 people. I read somewhere that the final difficulty of Rev 2 was nerfed from level 110 to level 95 because it was impossible to do solo. I think they should have capped it at 100 instead of 95, but I can see how people would be pissed off at a 110 cap.

My one criticism with Rev 1 raid mode was those perfect run medals. In Rev 2, completing a stage without using a health item was possible, but in Rev 1, it was too easy to get hit by a fish hiding behind a door or some other bullshit.

Sinners Sandwich

Eid Htrad Redav Eid !
kiwifarms.net
Soooo since I'm still sick with the flu & can't go outside or even leave the bed I read a few spoilers regarding content after you beat the game (because I'm bored as hell).

Let's just say if what I read is true it has lots of replay value.

Last edited:

ProfDongs

kiwifarms.net
Some Frenchman played through the game and streamed it recently (here), peoples reaction to it are very mixed and I haven't watched myself personally. I'm still gonna play it on release and see for myself, but it sounds like something they knew they couldn't sell at full price so Resistance was included to pad out the value. I'm still looking forward to it but its more cautious optimism at this point.

• Disagree
Reactions: Sinners Sandwich

Sinners Sandwich

Eid Htrad Redav Eid !
kiwifarms.net
Remember that people who played RE 2 remake early had mixed reactions too. Also people were concerned about RE3 remake when the first pictures where leaked. Then came the demo, journalists & later gamers had positive reactions.

I don't trust internet rumors. I also don't trust a french guy who is rushing trough the game without trying ng+ and other stuff.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Syaoran Li

nosemouth

kiwifarms.net
Some Frenchman played through the game and streamed it recently (here), peoples reaction to it are very mixed and I haven't watched myself personally. I'm still gonna play it on release and see for myself, but it sounds like something they knew they couldn't sell at full price so Resistance was included to pad out the value. I'm still looking forward to it but its more cautious optimism at this point.
Yes, that's why RE3 wasn't sold at full price, I'm glad those people who watched a French guy play it didn't devalue it further.

Sinners Sandwich

Eid Htrad Redav Eid !
kiwifarms.net
Yes, that's why RE3 wasn't sold at full price, I'm glad those people who watched a French guy play it didn't devalue it further.
The french players liked it if what I read is true. One even wrote a positive review in a french forum which has since been deleted but I saw it before it got taken down.

It could all be a hoax tho. The best thing is to wait until the review embargo is over and of course experience it yourself.

• Agree
Reactions: Syaoran Li

I Love Beef

Bell peppers and bee- HEY WAIT A SEC WHERE'S THE B
kiwifarms.net
My only gripe, with not just RE3 but the RE2 remake is just the art design. The 90s never felt this.... "organized?" "Orderly?" I think the right word would be sleek and streamlined. I like that the police station is more utilitarian, has a lot more stuff scattered around and it feels like there was activity and people doing stuff, and the orphanage definitely hit the right feel of it being 1990s in interior design. The biggest nitpicks from me would be that Raccoon City looks like it's a 2010s take on the 1950s, 1960s and 1970s, than it does the 1990s. I used to live out in a small city in the 1990s that was like the original Resident Evil 3's Raccoon City; there was never that much neon in the 1990s, at least outside of Nashville, lol. Plus the NEST has less of an industrial feel to it than the original. Clunky Cold Industrial was all the rage in the 1990s. Even Galerians, for being future cyberpunk and the first area being a hospital, never felt as clean and as hi tech as the remake's NEST, it was more sterile and cold than the new NEST.

But hey, all this shit gets taken out by a bomb anyway. The remakes are pretty damn good.

Syaoran Li

Beware The Walkin' Dude
kiwifarms.net
Resident Evil has never had a good history with handheld gaming, with the only thing even closely resembling a success story that I can think of being Deadly Silence for the DS. Gaiden and the RE2 port for the GameCom are often considered among the very worst of the lot, even more despised than RE6 or Survivor.

But today I found out about the planned Game Boy Advance port of RE2 that was planned but was ultimately abandoned. For a Nintendo handheld, it was surprisingly good based on what I saw.

Only a very short tech demo exists, but it looks like it could've had potential if it were ever seen to completion.

The zombies and Leon all had new models that were low-quality compared to the PS1 original, but were cutting edge for the GBA and the zombies themselves had a sort of bluish complexion that reminds me of the original Dawn of the Dead, which I think is cool. Especially considering that the character of Leon in RE2 was partly inspired by Roger from Dawn of the Dead.

Reactions: I Love Beef

Duncan Hills Coffee

Awakes you from a thousand deaths
kiwifarms.net
Resident Evil has never had a good history with handheld gaming, with the only thing even closely resembling a success story that I can think of being Deadly Silence for the DS.
What about Revelations? The first one started out as a 3DS exclusive. Of course, you can get it on other systems now, but there was a point in time where it was handheld only.

Syaoran Li

Beware The Walkin' Dude
kiwifarms.net
What about Revelations? The first one started out as a 3DS exclusive. Of course, you can get it on other systems now, but there was a point in time where it was handheld only.
I honestly forgot about Revelations being on the 3DS. My bad.

If I had the coding know-how or had friends who did, I'd love to make a Resident Evil fan game in the old-school style.

I've seen people make total conversions for the PC versions of RE2 and RE3 but those are hard to find, and getting the PC ports of the old RE trilogy to work on modern systems is infamously difficult.

The problem is that I'm just an idea guy with no real technical knowledge or skill either way.

I remember there was this TC project called "Resident Evil: Behind The Mask" that was basically a retelling of Resident Evil: Survivor but with the old-school tank-controls, fixed camera, and pre-rendered backgrounds instead of the FPS approach the original release went with.

It looked really good from the previews, but as far as I can tell, it's been long abandoned.

On another note, I've always wondered how the armor system that RE 1.5 had planned would have worked.

Oh Shit I'm Sorry

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
kiwifarms.net
Resident Evil has never had a good history with handheld gaming, with the only thing even closely resembling a success story that I can think of being Deadly Silence for the DS. Gaiden and the RE2 port for the GameCom are often considered among the very worst of the lot, even more despised than RE6 or Survivor.

But today I found out about the planned Game Boy Advance port of RE2 that was planned but was ultimately abandoned. For a Nintendo handheld, it was surprisingly good based on what I saw.

Only a very short tech demo exists, but it looks like it could've had potential if it were ever seen to completion.

The zombies and Leon all had new models that were low-quality compared to the PS1 original, but were cutting edge for the GBA and the zombies themselves had a sort of bluish complexion that reminds me of the original Dawn of the Dead, which I think is cool. Especially considering that the character of Leon in RE2 was partly inspired by Roger from Dawn of the Dead.
The Mercs game for DS or 3DS was supposedly pretty good too but I enjoy playing the mode in RE5 co-op and felt the handheld controls would be an issue so I never tried it.

Xenomorphs Are Cute

kiwifarms.net
We already have a nude Jill mode & it's installation guide:

Nude Nemesis when?
Not Nude, but there's a Nemesis in Umbrella Bikini mod

ProfDongs

kiwifarms.net
Reviews are coming out for 3 now, consensus seems to be that its good but there are problems with length, how Nemesis is utilized and the lack of a Mercenary Mode. Seems like reception is going to be that this is a step sideways for the franchise.

Tags
None