Resident Evil - Now with BIG TALL MOMMY VAMPIRE MILKERS *is likely to mutate into a horrific abomination

Syaoran Li

The Fresh Prince of Mayberry
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That was never the case besides RE Code Veronica as far as I know. RE Zombies are 99% LIVING people in a coma. RE CV had a few dead bodies coming back to life I think (?).

Well RE zombies are these said weirdos

IIRC, RE3 and Code Veronica both had scenes where zombies got out of graves.

They weren't even dead but comatose and mistaken for dead. Files in both games mentioned that workers at the facility mistook them for dead and buried them in shallow graves, and they got up after being fully zombified.

RE9 needs either the Egyptian desert theme you mentioned or you could do a Celtic faerie-themed set of B.O.W's with psychic powers and have it set in some creepy windswept moor in Ireland or in the hills of Scotland.

Think about it, the RE Engine games all emulate a specific sub-genre of horror pop culture.

RE7 - Backwoods horror (Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Hills Have Eyes. etc.)

RE2 Remake/RE3 Remake - Zombies

RE8 - Gothic horror and traditional folklore monsters (vampires, werewolves, witches)

Raiken

Making Nanomachines great again
kiwifarms.net
Played the castle demo.
It was far less scripted then the first one, but it felt far shorter(maybe because it was actual gameplay)
I thought i was not going to like the duke, but he clearly has a conection to the world explaining why he is in the castle.
It also shows some puzzles you can't solve yet, but i hope it will not have a lot of those pushing puzzles like the lantern one.

Titos

Your smile makes my heart explode :3
kiwifarms.net
I love the weird fish dude in the gameplay they showed recently and how they're leaning into basically every classical horror story, Dr. Moreau, Vampires, Werewolves, Gargoyles, etc. One of the few games I'm gonna buy day one since Capcom has been on a roll over the last 4 years or so and they don't seem to be stopping.

catpin

Being nice only will last for a while
kiwifarms.net
I'm pretty new to the RE games, I've only played through RE(2)Make and RE7.
I love how they diverted from the whole Private militia umbrella virus stuff to an inexperienced man with no combat history goes into a haunted mansion to find his missing wife.
I can't wait till RE8, I'm a sucker (Pun intended) for Dracula vampire gothic shit

The Marauder

HAUGH! *SHING*
kiwifarms.net
Just finished playing through the RE7 DLC. It was mostly good. Not a Hero and End of Zoe are obviously the highlights. The Banned Footage with Clancy was pretty solid. The Daughters scenario was pretty weak. Having two endings was bullshit, especially when you have to look at a guide to get the true ending. Why couldn’t they focus on just the one ending and make the level actually more interesting? It’s really only saved by how short it is.
I played a bit of Jack’s 55th Birthday, that was pretty funny. I didn’t even touch Ethan Must Die, maybe I’m just getting sick of this game’s lack of enemy variety.

Last edited:

Duncan Hills Coffee

Not a normal human
kiwifarms.net
I've been replaying RE1, and it's interesting to me that outside of REmake and 3 the series never really leaned into the branching pathways it's got going on. Chris and Jill have four endings each, and these endings are dependent on whether you can save the other character and keep the partner alive. And the way it goes about doing this is pretty cool. Take Chris for example, Rebecca's role in his campaign can vary greatly based on your decisions. If you tell her to stay in the chemical storeroom, she'll stay there and heal your wounds, but she won't help you fight Plant 42 and you'll have to save her on the return trip to the mansion. Conversely, if you let her tag along, she makes the Plant 42 fight easier but she stays in the guardhouse for healing, which is a much longer and potentially dangerous trip than to the storeroom.

This makes the multiple endings much more interesting to achieve in my opinion because you have to put in at least some thought in how you want to go about it. It's not like RE7 where it's just an A or B decision two-thirds of the way through. I really wish the series kept this because it retains the sort of decision making you're already doing in the gameplay and applying it to the story. I know 3 does something similar, but I can't really speak on how effective it was because I haven't actually played it yet.

Last edited:

Chin of Campbell

Un-chinny Valley
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Would have been much better without the "JUST SOMETHING MY FRIEND THE MERCHANT FROM RESIDENT EVIL 4 FOR THE NINTENDO GAMECUBE USED TO SAY, HAHA REMEMBER RESIDENT EVIL 4???" tacked onto the end of it. Just have the guy say "What're ya buyin'?"

Man, you guys are really attached to "just something my friend used to say".

Last edited:

Zelos Wilder

A drunk, a pervert, a junkie and a sodimizer.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Would have been much better without the "JUST SOMETHING MY FRIEND THE MERCHANT FROM RESIDENT EVIL 4 FOR THE NINTENDO GAMECUBE USED TO SAY, HAHA REMEMBER RESIDENT EVIL 4???" tacked onto the end of it. Just have the guy say "What're ya buyin'?"
Gonna respectfully disagree. I don't really mind it. Resident evil 4 was over a decade ago. There's a whole lot of people who never played 4, so it's just a harmless little bit of fanservice.

Chin of Campbell

Un-chinny Valley
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Gonna respectfully disagree. I don't really mind it. Resident evil 4 was over a decade ago. There's a whole lot of people who never played 4, so it's just a harmless little bit of fanservice.
Adding "just something my friend used to say" doesn't make it any less of a RE4 reference. It makes it sound more like a shitty reference in a Youtube comment. If you played Resident Evil 4, you will get "What are you buyin?" It doesn't help that it isn't a particularly unique catchphrase and sounds awkward if you don't get what he's referencing.

"Pass me the salt...haha just something my friend used to say."

My problem isn't with the reference, it's that they give you the reference and then immediately say "THAT WAS A REFERENCE!" afterward. Again, just have the guy ask you "What're you buyin'?" when you open the menu sometimes.

Rose Winters

kiwifarms.net
Adding "just something my friend used to say" doesn't make it any less of a RE4 reference. It makes it sound more like a shitty reference in a Youtube comment. If you played Resident Evil 4, you will get "What are you buyin?" It doesn't help that it isn't a particularly unique catchphrase and sounds awkward if you don't get what he's referencing.

"Pass me the salt...haha just something my friend used to say."

My problem isn't with the reference, it's that they give you the reference and then immediately say "THAT WAS A REFERENCE!" afterward. Again, just have the guy ask you "What're you buyin'?" when you open the menu sometimes.
no no, that line is necessary. First, it establishes that the Merchant actually exists as a character and not just as an in-game mechanic for RE4. I think it's a nice addition to the lore. Second, the Duke doesn't have the same accent so him just throwing "What ya buying" line wouldn't have been in-character.
The real question is if trading is even necessary. I seriously doubt Village has the amount of action and content to justify buying guns.

Zelos Wilder

A drunk, a pervert, a junkie and a sodimizer.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
no no, that line is necessary. First, it establishes that the Merchant actually exists as a character and not just as an in-game mechanic for RE4. I think it's a nice addition to the lore. Second, the Duke doesn't have the same accent so him just throwing "What ya buying" line wouldn't have been in-character.
The real question is if trading is even necessary. I seriously doubt Village has the amount of action and content to justify buying guns.
Regarding the last thing if trading is necessary, I believe it will be. It seems from the trailers alone, the enemies are more in number and seem stronger.

Also if the map is to be believed, there's other major areas aside from the castle and village.

The old mansion the doll lady has, the fishing hamlet and Heisenbergs factory.

Feels like we've only scratched the tip of the iceberg.