Retcon Round-Up -

SkippyLongbottom

kiwifarms.net
Another Wolverine toy story retelling.

Now Phil claims the reason he wanted the figure so bad is because he was a collector and it was a rare figure that could be worth thousands. Reminder that this took place in the early 90s when Phil would have been around 10 years old.
Yeah, no kid would be collecting shit at 10 years old. You open that shit up asap on the car ride home and you play with it. Was he expecting to hold onto it till his 40s to resell mint? Knowing Phil the profit he would make would go straight to BILLS, right?

Martys_not_smarty

You don't know what hard times are daddy.
kiwifarms.net
I've looked around and there is nothing out there on the ol' interwebs about a first edition Wolverine in his 70's striped outfit only the second edition any able to confirm such a thing existed outside of the imagination of the pigroach because from what I got from his ramblings he claimed there was the red and yellow 80's Wolverine and this one here from his debut in Incredible Hulk as the supposed super rare version:

Last edited:

DankSydePhil

Big ups
kiwifarms.net
I've looked around and there is nothing out there on the ol' interwebs about a first edition Wolverine in his 70's striped outfit only the second edition any able to confirm such a thing existed outside of the imagination of the pigroach?

Phil cant get his story right, 1st edition Wolverine was the brown and yellow suit,. 2nd edtion, which at this point has to be the one hes talking about is the yellow and blue one. The 1st edtion pack fresh sells around 20-25 dollars on ebay vs 2nd edition going for 50-70 dollars on ebay.

Attachments

• 273a581f34b57b4102ad7a66d8059b5b.jpg
    273a581f34b57b4102ad7a66d8059b5b.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 263
  • Screenshot_20190720-202851_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190720-202851_Chrome.jpg
    296 KB · Views: 206

Sparkletor 2.0

My first Jonbenet accidentally died
kiwifarms.net
Another Wolverine toy story retelling.

Now Phil claims the reason he wanted the figure so bad is because he was a collector and it was a rare figure that could be worth thousands. Reminder that this took place in the early 90s when Phil would have been around 10 years old.
Watching his Connecticut condo tours, I knew everything Phil owned. He does not have a comic book collection or an action figure collection. His mom probably made him give all his toys away when he was 25 and still living at home.

Vic Viper T301

Giving Samus PTSD for Halloween
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, no kid would be collecting shit at 10 years old. You open that shit up asap on the car ride home and you play with it. Was he expecting to hold onto it till his 40s to resell mint? Knowing Phil the profit he would make would go straight to BILLS, right?
Exactly. Ten year olds aren't exactly known for their forward thinking. Phil doesn't seem to understand that the reason the Wolverine toy story is infamous is not because of the main part of the story. I think most kids probably had something similar happen where they begged and begged for a specific toy and never got it, for one reason or another. For me it was Power Wheels. Being a kid and wanting shit you can't have is perfectly normal; what's not perfectly normal is still holding a grudge about it decades later and saying shit like "They should have LISTENED TO ME!" and coming up with ridiculous justifications for why he wanted it so bad.

PieceofShet

kiwifarms.net
Exactly. Ten year olds aren't exactly known for their forward thinking. Phil doesn't seem to understand that the reason the Wolverine toy story is infamous is not because of the main part of the story. I think most kids probably had something similar happen where they begged and begged for a specific toy and never got it, for one reason or another. For me it was Power Wheels. Being a kid and wanting shit you can't have is perfectly normal; what's not perfectly normal is still holding a grudge about it decades later and saying shit like "They should have LISTENED TO ME!" and coming up with ridiculous justifications for why he wanted it so bad.

Even as a 37 yo dsp doesnt think forward....

DukeMorty

Just Here For The Ride
kiwifarms.net
Phil cant get his story right, 1st edition Wolverine was the brown and yellow suit,. 2nd edtion, which at this point has to be the one hes talking about is the yellow and blue one. The 1st edtion pack fresh sells around 20-25 dollars on ebay vs 2nd edition going for 50-70 dollars on ebay.
Phil did say the one he wanted was a variant of the 1st edition brown Wolverine toy, which is common practice with toys back in the day in which the toy would have a limited variant next to the original toy release, like different colors or design. Phil did mention they made the variant in abundance later on as the Yellow Wolverine was more popular than Brown Wolverine, thus why they labeled that re-release as 2nd edition. The thing is I looked all over the internet and I couldn't find a 1st edition variant Wolverine toy that Phil mentioned. The thing is the 1st edition Brown Wolverine toy was from 1991, the Yellow 2nd edition was from 1992, and I found super-sized yellow Wolverine toy that was made in 1993. So based on what Phil said that he got the toy a year later means his story adds up since the 1st and 2nd edition toys came out one year apart. So maybe there was a 1st edition yellow variant Wolverine toy, but I couldn't find any trace of that toy, so either one of two things:

1) He is lying about this story so his fans think he was a smart and polite child, and to tell his fans that he gives good parenting advice yet he doesn't have any child-raising experience to give his advice weight. For instance, in reality, his parents just told him no on getting the toy because they probably didn't want to spoil Phil by buying whatever he wants and wanted to teach him a lesson that you can't always get what you want. But he probably kept bitching all year long and when the mom saw that fucking yellow wolverine toy she bought it to shut him up lol
2) His Boomer mind can't remember the story right and the story is not how it went, thus he thought that there was a variant 1st edition wolverine toy but in reality, he just got the 2nd edition and the variant confused.

What we can confirm is that this story takes place in 1991 because he said he waited a year later to get the 2nd edition toy that came out that year, therefore he was 9 years old when this all took place. It is funny how he says he KNEW that his parents had the money for the toy but that they were "fucking stupid" for not getting the toy. I am sorry, but unless the Pigroach was balancing his parent's checkbook at 9 years old (LMFAO), I don't know how the pig would know that his parents had enough money to buy it. I know when I was 9 years old I didnt know what the fuck was going with my parents let alone their financial records. Plus, he wants us to believe that at 9 years old he told his parents calmingly to buy him it and put it away so he doesnt play with it until his Birthday?? Ok sure that is what happened lol Another thing, he mentioned when he got the 2nd edition toy that it meant nothing to him because the 1st edition variant was rare and more expensive, therefore as a child he was angry that his parents lost him an investment opportunity. Now remember Phil mentions multiple times he would play with the toy, so why would he play with a 1st edition rare variant toy out of the box? And why would a 9 year old keep a toy in the box? This leaves me to believe that yet again Phil is making this story up and Adult DSP is remembering the story the wrong way and wants his fans to believe that he was a smart kid that knows how to get a good deal by spotting rare non-existent variant toys and that he knew his parents financial records at that time, and that his parents are "fucking idiots" for not listening to his dumb 9 year old self.

Last edited:

Sparkletor 2.0

kiwifarms.net
Phil did say the one he wanted was a variant of the 1st edition brown Wolverine toy, which is common practice with toys back in the day in which the toy would have a limited variant next to the original toy release, like different colors or design. Phil did mention they made the variant in abundance later on as the Yellow Wolverine was more popular than Brown Wolverine, thus why they labeled that re-release as 2nd edition. The thing is I looked all over the internet and I couldn't find a 1st edition variant Wolverine toy that Phil mentioned. The thing is the 1st edition Brown Wolverine toy was from 1991, the Yellow 2nd edition was from 1992, and I found super-sized yellow Wolverine toy that was made in 1993. So based on what Phil said that he got the toy a year later means his story adds up since the 1st and 2nd edition toys came out one year apart. So maybe there was a 1st edition yellow variant Wolverine toy, but I couldn't find any trace of that toy, so either one of two things:

1) He is lying about this story so his fans think he was a smart and polite child, and to tell his fans that he gives good parenting advice yet he doesn't have any child-raising experience to give his advice weight. For instance, in reality, his parents just told him no on getting the toy because they probably didn't want to spoil Phil by buying whatever he wants and wanted to teach him a lesson that you can't always get what you want. But he probably kept bitching all year long and when the mom saw that fucking yellow wolverine toy she bought it to shut him up lol
2) His Boomer mind can't remember the story right and the story is not how it went, thus he thought that there was a variant 1st edition wolverine toy but in reality, he just got the 2nd edition and the variant confused.

What we can confirm is that this story takes place in 1991 because he said he waited a year later to get the 2nd edition toy that came out that year, therefore he was 9 years old when this all took place. It is funny how he says he KNEW that his parents had the money for the toy but that they were "fucking stupid" for not getting the toy. I am sorry, but unless the Pigroach was balancing his parent's checkbook at 9 years old (LMFAO), I don't know how the pig would know that his parents had enough money to buy it. I know when I was 9 years old I didnt know what the fuck was going with my parents let alone their financial records. Plus, he wants us to believe that at 9 years old he told his parents calmingly to buy him it and put it away so he doesnt play with it until his Birthday?? Ok sure that is what happened lol Another thing, he mentioned when he got the 2nd edition toy that it meant nothing to him because the 1st edition variant was rare and more expensive, therefore as a child he was angry that his parents lost him an investment opportunity. Now remember Phil mentions multiple times he would play with the toy, so why would he play with a 1st edition rare variant toy out of the box? And why would a 9 year old keep a toy in the box? This leaves me to believe that yet again Phil is making this story up and Adult DSP is remembering the story the wrong way and wants his fans to believe that he was a smart kid that knows how to get a good deal by spotting rare non-existent variant toys and that he knew his parents financial records at that time, and that his parents are "fucking idiots" for not listening to his dumb 9 year old self.
His parents allegedly took him to buy comic books once a week and gave him money to go to the arcade. He was already spoiled rotten.

Abe Vigoda

kiwifarms.net
He’s probably exaggerating bits in his weird Phil way but I don’t believe he made it up. He was too passionate telling the story, he obviously cared. Now if I was giving him the benefit of the doubt, I’d say that it’s just one of those stories you have as a kid where it’s way more important to you and sticks in your head for some reason, but he still seems legit upset and that’s weird.

Reactions: Haunter

Martys_not_smarty

kiwifarms.net
Maybe someone should ask around some toy collector forums and/or reddit see if anyone's heard of this fabled 1st edition yellow Wolverine cause I'm going with the conclusion that his old man mind has the dates mixed up.

Sparkletor 2.0

kiwifarms.net
I have a hard time believing the rarity of the wolverine doll. Phil claims it was ultra rare and they would only ship one to a store. Now I'm not 100% positive, but I'm pretty sure all retail items have a UPC code or product number the retailer uses to order said product. So when the store does inventory and sees they are sold out of wolverine toys, they can order more. They toy company doesn't just ship a box of random figures and the store hopes a rare wolverine is in the box. This isn't like opening a pack of magic cards where there is a random assortment of common toys and one rare one.

Phil said not a single toy store in town had the wolverine except the comic book store. I find this very difficult to believe. If they were sold out all over it was because wolverine is a fan favorite. Nobody wants Storm or Professor X, they want Wolverine.

Martys_not_smarty

kiwifarms.net
Once again it's something we might find on a toy collector forum or reddit because those sorts of people are gaga for such rarities if they exist. So far the only thing I've found is that they re released the first run Wolverine in 1993 with something the 1991 didn't have which was arms that bent at the elbow and again nothing about some double secret probation alternate figure.

Equinox_

Binge Monster tbh
kiwifarms.net
Maybe someone should ask around some toy collector forums and/or reddit see if anyone's heard of this fabled 1st edition yellow Wolverine cause I'm going with the conclusion that his old man mind has the dates mixed up.

I'll try and contact with some old friends that I know collected back in the 90s.

But in the mean time I have some searching as well and there is just no trace of this "Ultra rare 1st edition variant" of Wolverine from Toy biz. Action figure sperg sites would be mentioning something about it and its value, I would think. But the only thing they mention being somewhat worth something is the 2nd edition. Which we know is in the colors Phil has mentioned.

I did find this website (sure others did as well when searching for this fabled variant) http://thetoybox1138.blogspot.com/2013/11/the-uncanny-x-men-aka-x-men-toy-biz.html

And it doesn't exist there either. So maybe he forgot and wanted the 2nd edition, but ended up with the 3rd edition? I have no idea.

SkippyLongbottom

kiwifarms.net
He’s probably exaggerating bits in his weird Phil way but I don’t believe he made it up. He was too passionate telling the story, he obviously cared. Now if I was giving him the benefit of the doubt, I’d say that it’s just one of those stories you have as a kid where it’s way more important to you and sticks in your head for some reason, but he still seems legit upset and that’s weird.
He seems to have some resentment. I can understand if it's one of those toys you remember wanting and is probably rare but there are way better toys/figures nowadays. I remember instances where there were some cool Transformers I wish I kept around but the thing is, we are adults now. Just buy the fucking figure or an even better version to get some closure on it already and leave it at that.

He's not even a real collector. The shit he gets is random statues of shit he doesn't even play, like his Team Fortress 2 Heavy and Medic. He's just a straight up hoarder because he is not even trying to make a dedicated display for them.

I remember having the series two Magneto and a giant ass Apocalypse when I was young. Poor Phil.

Last edited:

Abe Vigoda

kiwifarms.net
I have a hard time believing the rarity of the wolverine doll. Phil claims it was ultra rare and they would only ship one to a store. Now I'm not 100% positive, but I'm pretty sure all retail items have a UPC code or product number the retailer uses to order said product. So when the store does inventory and sees they are sold out of wolverine toys, they can order more. They toy company doesn't just ship a box of random figures and the store hopes a rare wolverine is in the box. This isn't like opening a pack of magic cards where there is a random assortment of common toys and one rare one.

Phil said not a single toy store in town had the wolverine except the comic book store. I find this very difficult to believe. If they were sold out all over it was because wolverine is a fan favorite. Nobody wants Storm or Professor X, they want Wolverine.
I feel like the “rarity” was really more of a thing where as a kid he only saw it in one store. I remember being a kid and being totally at the mercy of whatever two stores your parents went to unless you could convince them to make a special trip. I’m sure Phil turned that into “no one could find it” the same way “everyone” tells him stuff these days.

Martys_not_smarty

kiwifarms.net
So I'm looking at that list of figures and they did make more than one variant from 1992 they say 2nd and 3rd edition on the packaging but they're all part of the Toy Biz series 2 so I'm just gonna guess he's got his series/editions mixed up and doesn't know it or won't admit he's mixed up.

Equinox_

Binge Monster tbh
kiwifarms.net
So I'm looking at that list of figures and they did make more than one variant from 1992 they say 2nd and 3rd edition on the packaging but they're all part of the Toy Biz series 2 so I'm just gonna guess he's got his series/editions mixed up and doesn't know it or won't admit he's mixed up.

3rd edition also has a variant (only different color pants) but, at this point I'm 100% convinced he didn't remember the editions since the 2nd and 3rd editions match up better to his story...kinda.

He wanted the more expensive of the editions (2nd), ended up getting the 3rd edition which was the cheaper one. Since on Ebay the 2nd edition goes for more money (almost double) compared to the 1st and 3rd editions.

JackDavis

kiwifarms.net

Wasn't Phil's story that he would pick up a toy, austically stare at it for an hour while his parents shopped, then happily put it back when they were done shopping?
- Why would they have been in a comic book store if it wasn't to buy something? I always thought they were at Walmart or something during this story.
- Who at 10 years old would even think about collectibility? I had baseball cards back then and would put them in my bicycle's rear wheel so I could have a motorcycle. I wasn't too scared of minorities to learn to ride a bike though.

Reactions: Vic Viper T301

Sparkletor 2.0

kiwifarms.net
Wasn't Phil's story that he would pick up a toy, austically stare at it for an hour while his parents shopped, then happily put it back when they were done shopping?
- Why would they have been in a comic book store if it wasn't to buy something? I always thought they were at Walmart or something during this story.
- Who at 10 years old would even think about collectibility? I had baseball cards back then and would put them in my bicycle's rear wheel so I could have a motorcycle. I wasn't too scared of minorities to learn to ride a bike though.
They would take him to the comic book store once a week to blow his allowance money. This is how he got such an encyclopedic knowledge of comic books and how he learned to spend all his money as fast as he gets it.