Retcon Round-Up -

MoonRocker

kiwifarms.net
Surprised to see that the “Dave” meme retcon hasn’t been mentioned yet.

A troll tip brought up the fact that the ‘tractors call him Dave to trigger him. Troll tipper was wondering if DSP got triggered by it.

Queue Dave’s typical bullshit shtick that he never pays attention to ‘tractor content in the first place and nothing they do bothers him. Also retconned the origin of the meme: that it was some random guy during the stream who tipped him while calling him Dave and he thought it was funny because his dad’s name is Dave.

This was a great opportunity to steal/ change/ modify the origin of the meme which originated from Tevin who thought it’d be funny to call DSP Dave since he’s such a bland, average looking/ doing fuck.

Last edited:

ReentryPhantom

It is business related, and I still own it.
kiwifarms.net

A troll tip brought up the fact that the ‘tractors call Dave to trigger him. Troll tipper was wondering if DSP got triggered by it.

Queue Dave’s typical bullshit stick that he never pays attention to ‘tractor content in the first place and nothing they do bothers him. Also retconned the origin of the meme: that it was a guy who tipped him calling him Dave and he through it was funny because his dad’s name is Dave

This was a great opportunity to steal/ change/ modify the origin of the meme which originated from Tevin who thought it’d be funny to call DSP Dave since he’s such a bland, average looking/ doing fuck.
It was because Phil Burnell sounds like an asshole, but Dave Bennett sounds like a nice guy.

Comma

kiwifarms.net

A troll tip brought up the fact that the ‘tractors call him Dave to trigger him. Troll tipper was wondering if DSP got triggered by it.

Queue Dave’s typical bullshit shtick that he never pays attention to ‘tractor content in the first place and nothing they do bothers him. Also retconned the origin of the meme: that it was some random guy during the stream who tipped him while calling him Dave and he thought it was funny because his dad’s name is Dave.

It's actually true that the Dave meme started because of a random dood tipping him a dollar, calling him Dave out of the blue. Tevin just ran with it after that and it blew up. He didn't come up with the name, though.

Actual lore:

Close, but the actual lore is slightly different:

It's true that "Dave" became popular during/partially thanks to a Tevin re-stream, but it's not Tevin who came up with the name. It was actually some random person sending DSP a single $1 tip seemingly trying to ask for an unban, but calling him Dave for no apparant reason at the beginning of that message. DSP reacted in his typical "No idea what you're talking about, dood, but my name is not Dave. Nu-huh. Why is he calling me Dave? I'm not Dave, you've got the wrong person, man, ack ack."-manner.
It became an instant meme and chat kept calling him Dave for the remainder of the stream. Tevin, who was re-streaming said stream, picked up on it, laughed about the randomness of the whole thing and DSP's defensive reaction to it, and kept referring to it as well. And thus the nickname was born, never to go away.

The end.

Footage of the moment the Dave meme was born:

Okay, I actually found the footage of DSP getting the $1 tip message calling him Dave that started the whole thing. :lol: [/USER]

He starts doing the shoutout at 1:07 of his "Crash Bandicoot 3: WARPED (N-Sanity HD) playthrough pt17 - No Deaths and Tomb Torture!" video of July 1st, 2017.
(https://youtu.be/1nLFftMb7vY?t=65)

Here's a clip, in case you don't want to give him views:
View attachment 740522

I love how pissy he looks and sounds when doing the shoutout to that subscriber. That shit was living rent-free in his head from that point onward. :story:

He also received a cheer mentioning "DarksydeDave" about 9 minutes later, but it seems like he ignored that one.

View attachment 740530

PieceofShet

kiwifarms.net
He didnt play MvC3 early cause it was Howards copy.

He didnt play DS3 early cause everybody else played it early. He actually played it a few days later. EVERYONE ELSE WAS PLAYING IT.

He didnt play F4 early cause he didnt ask for it, machinima gave it to him. Every content creator did it. He could have play it earlier but he didnt.

Raven'sChild

Peep, peep, RAWR!!!!!!111one
kiwifarms.net
He didnt play MvC3 early cause it was Howards copy.

He didnt play DS3 early cause everybody else played it early. He actually played it a few days later. EVERYONE ELSE WAS PLAYING IT.
He did nothing wrong posting YT videos of him playing Howard's PIRATED copy of the game early because he didn't pirate the game. Howard pirated it. He only played the pirated game Howard had given him to play..early...because he had to in order to make more YT monies posting it before it was officially released.

Additionally, he HAD to buy DS3 early from Japan using an exploit because he was hurting financially and needed those pre-Day One YT views. Him playing games early was nothing like the streamers and Yters who do it now. They only do it because they can make more money from viewers seeing their gameplay of the game before other streamers/YTers. This is totally not in any way like his YT business model of uploading unedited gameplay the second his camcorder card had 20-30mins of footage recorded on release day so that his Ep. 1-3 would be the first to be available. It's not his fault that other people chose to edit their gameplay or wait until after they finished a session to upload their videos. D$P took pride in the fact he was uploading episodes while he was continuing to record the next batch. So much so, he would often remark in his videos that the first few installments were already uploading to his channel.

Raven'sChild

Peep, peep, RAWR!!!!!!111one
kiwifarms.net
Link to the 6 Nov. 2019 Mario/Sonic Review Copy saga for archival purposes :
D$P does not accept review copies nor can he due to the negative influence of his 'tractors'....except for the Review copies of games he does get via reaching out to 'the company he goes to for review copy codes'....which randomly contact him out of the blue to give him codes without him asking for them. He needs those tips to be able to afford the games he needs to buy that he got a free review copy code for. @.@

Last edited:

Here is our favourite thumb headed piggy claiming his ytmnd got so many views (38000 as of May 2019) it was removed from the site. Apologies for linking lsb's stream & not the original but I'm not giving Philip a view.

What actually happened was he made a cringey YTMND 4 years after the site was relevant his fans watched it, nobody else did and it was never removed. It sounds as though he is describing the situation regarding the How to Prank a Telemarketer YTMND which as of May 2019 had over 9000000 views due to being linked on normalfag sites and legitimetly annoyed the community leading to a mass exodus from the site in 2006. However it was never removed either so he is completely full of shit.

For reference here is my post where I found his page.

• Informative
Reactions: vorbos and Haunter

Shambler

kiwifarms.net

Here is our favourite thumb headed piggy claiming his ytmnd got so many views (38000 as of May 2019) it was removed from the site. Apologies for linking lsb's stream & not the original but I'm not giving Philip a view.

What actually happened was he made a cringey YTMND 4 years after the site was relevant his fans watched it, nobody else did and it was never removed. It sounds as though he is describing the situation regarding the How to Prank a Telemarketer YTMND which as of May 2019 had over 9000000 views due to being linked on normalfag sites and legitimetly annoyed the community leading to a mass exodus from the site in 2006. However it was never removed either so he is completely full of shit.

For reference here is my post where I found his page.
uh well you're OBVIOUSLY not going to find it because it was removed by some booksmart nudnick, and forget about the wayback, the guy payed them off because he and they are detractors out to ruin phils YTMND success

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
DSP said he admitted the fappening cause there was no point of lying, it was obvious what is he doing.

What? What you saying? No, it has nothing to do with youtubers making videos of him, NOT AT ALL!
Yeah he spent like a full week claiming up and down that he was obviously just "scratching his leg" and anyone who believed otherwise was a conspiracy theory-spinning nudnik.

KingjadVCMP

kiwifarms.net
Yeah he spent like a full week claiming up and down that he was obviously just "scratching his leg" and anyone who believed otherwise was a conspiracy theory-spinning nudnik.
Not quite accurate. He said he was "doing various" things or stuff, denied it for the first several hours, and then admitted to it when Keemstar tweeted about it. "scratching his leg" is a detractor YouTube comment I'm afraid.

Afterwards he actually, imo, handled the incident not terribly. But he is adamant that he never denied it when he was banning every mention of it in stream chat and his forums.

Schmeckel

Silver Shamrock
kiwifarms.net
But he is adamant that he never denied it when he was banning every mention of it in stream chat and his forums.
Ah, the Burnell way.

1. Fuck up in some way.
2. Get called out for fucking up.
3. Deny it half-heartedly, but go gestapo on shtreem chat when fuck up is mentioned.
4. Claim its a tractor meme.
5. FINALLY admit that he fucked up, but twist a small detail to make the people who originally called him out seem dumb for not having all the facts. Debunked.

KingjadVCMP

kiwifarms.net
I know that I replied to you already but I've reminded myself that DSP is, genuinely, using the "scratching my leg" reasoning these days. I had forgotten that he used it when being his toxic self to projared (and claiming he came up with it within two minutes).

Wurstbrot

This was my depression
kiwifarms.net
Screenshot_20200220_064737.jpg
I assume this new story came up when Superblindman asked him if he rocks around every second because the blind guy hears the difference especially well.

Screenshot_20200220_071133.jpg
People at work called him "Sway" because of it.

Last edited:

ZehnBoat

Benny Harvey RIP
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1153237
I assume this new story came up when Superblindman asked him if he rocks around every second because the blind guy hears the difference especially well.

View attachment 1153267
People at work called him "Sway" because of it.
funny how phil is this supposed alpha chad but was insulted by literally everyone and given strange insulting names

also is this his new lie he's going to pull out all the time?
"I did/was X and people at Y called me Z"

PutridElephant

Lazy automated restreamer
kiwifarms.net
Phil just claimed he never said he didn't know who GamerjLee was. Apparently he knows who he is now.

He also didn't call out the guy's name because he didn't want to name them, not because he claimed he didn't remember their name.