Retsupurae -

B

BT 075

kiwifarms.net

They riffed on Chris once. It's not on Youtube, just Something Awful.

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/webcam- ... he-hog.php
We all know that, but here's the thing. Is Retsupurae an awesome group of people riffing on people who are horrid in their LP's? :biggrin: If they do, who among the group are your personal favorites?

wow , This thread really sucked.

:story:

FogHornCakeHorn

kiwifarms.net
We all know that, but here's the thing. Is Retsupurae an awesome group of people riffing on people who are horrid in their LP's? :biggrin: If they do, who among the group are your personal favorites?
I thought retsupurae was just diabeetus and slowbeef, who are mostly just shitting on people doing crap kickstarters at the moment.

D

DC 740

kiwifarms.net
I liked RP when it first came out. Like 08 or so? These days they are pretty boring... you can only do the schtick so much though. I liked it's intent at first, to piss off basement dwellers on the Internet (see Velos video), but they've really milked themselves. Yeah, I know about the PDP video, Mighty #8 video, that riled people up but it really just seems... Eh.

At least Chip Cheezum knew when to stop, or is just really slow at putting up new videos if there are any.

Reactions: Alec Benson Leary

Protoman

Row, row, fight the power.
kiwifarms.net
I love 'em. Here's one of my favorite videos by them. @homerbeoulve Since you seem to be new to them, you might like it!

I liked RP when it first came out. Like 08 or so? These days they are pretty boring... you can only do the schtick so much though. I liked it's intent at first, to piss off basement dwellers on the Internet (see Velos video), but they've really milked themselves. Yeah, I know about the PDP video, Mighty #8 video, that riled people up but it really just seems... Eh.

At least Chip Cheezum knew when to stop, or is just really slow at putting up new videos if there are any.

Nah, it was never really about pissing people off. They have a policy where they'll happily remove a retsupurae if the person who they RP'd asks them to take it off, and because of how dickish their fanbase has been lately they've veered more into doing commentaries of weird old games and other kinds of stuff. It's sort of like MST3K with video games, shit's still pretty fun.

Last edited:

Overcast

Holiday Buttmunch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've really enjoyed their commentary on Darkseed 2.

Good god, that game has to have the most pathetic protagonist ever.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Barrister

Obnoxion

Pocket spaghetti monster
kiwifarms.net
I've really enjoyed their commentary on Darkside 2.
Did you mean, Darkseed?

Anyway, they seem to have mostly transitioned to commenting on longplays of unintentionally hilarious games nowadays. I think I actually like them more that way. The retsupuraes proper were good for some cheap laughs, but the episodes were quite hit-or-miss sometimes. I loved the BillyMC ones, for example, or the ElectricalBeast ones, but then there were people like Playtennis14 (or some other number) who only managed to make the B&B duo angry at his faggotry, and many more where nothing particularly funny or interesting happens at all.

Their wrongpuraes of Harvester, and more recently, Shadow of Destiny, were particularly entertaining to me.

tl;dr slowbeef and diabetus are pretty cool guys

Springblossom

Dungeon Crawlaholic
kiwifarms.net
I'm seriously hoping the wrongpurae of that 3D Cobra game gets off the ground. I'm not really feeling Shadow of the Comet, though.

Reactions: Obnoxion

The handsome tard

Currently targeting Bill Gates, you are welcome!
kiwifarms.net
I still like to marathon their zapdramatic videos when im playing real games sometimes.
Oh and darkseed 2 of course.

Auk Autist

Birbs create the big Happy
kiwifarms.net
Most of the old retsupurae guys became real milquetose over the years, didn't they? Slowbeef became a lot more tame after his daughter was born, and got a bit of troll's remorse about his older content because a lot of it was riffing on (hilariously retarded and mentally challenged) children/ teens. He hardly does anything on the Retsupurae channel anymore, but he tweets quite frequently on his twitter and streams on Twitch.

Diabetus was always my favorite dude out of the two, and out of the group of SA commentate-over-commentators. Hes just a pretty fun dude and he really kinda set most of the jokes up, or gave the best quips. He was the only one of of the duo who kept my interest in the newer retuspurae stuff after they stopped commentating other people, but has recently gone missing. He hasn't uploaded anything to youtube, and hasn't tweeted anything since February. However, a tweet from Slowbeef verified he is alive, and they might be doing something in the future. https://mobile.twitter.com/slowbeef/status/1194272848627585024

Chip Cheezum and General Ironicus were really good, and their earlier stuff was on par with Retsupurae's. I guess they're still doing lets plays, as a quick google search will uncover that they have a patreon that makes 1350 USD per month for them. I haven't really followed them though, so if they've done anything chuckle-worthy in the past few years I wouldn't know. Cheezum has the ol' he/him on his Twitter bio however...

Most of the old retsupurae guys became real milquetose over the years, didn't they? Slowbeef became a lot more tame after his daughter was born, and got a bit of troll's remorse about his older content because a lot of it was riffing on (hilariously exceptional and mentally challenged) children/ teens. He hardly does anything on the Retsupurae channel anymore, but he tweets quite frequently on his twitter and streams on Twitch.

Diabetus was always my favorite dude out of the two, and out of the group of SA commentate-over-commentators. Hes just a pretty fun dude and he really kinda set most of the jokes up, or gave the best quips. He was the only one of of the duo who kept my interest in the newer retuspurae stuff after they stopped commentating other people, but has recently gone missing. He hasn't uploaded anything to youtube, and hasn't tweeted anything since February. However, a tweet from Slowbeef verified he is alive, and they might be doing something in the future. https://mobile.twitter.com/slowbeef/status/1194272848627585024

Chip Cheezum and General Ironicus were really good, and their earlier stuff was on par with Retsupurae's. I guess they're still doing lets plays, as a quick google search will uncover that they have a patreon that makes 1350 USD per month for them. I haven't really followed them though, so if they've done anything chuckle-worthy in the past few years I wouldn't know. Cheezum has the ol' he/him on his Twitter bio however...
Check out the "Let's Players originating from Something Awful" if you want to catch up on everything. Proteus himself pops into the thread occasionally.

BrunoMattei

No I am not the Cinema Snob
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Most of the old retsupurae guys became real milquetose over the years, didn't they? Slowbeef became a lot more tame after his daughter was born, and got a bit of troll's remorse about his older content because a lot of it was riffing on (hilariously exceptional and mentally challenged) children/ teens. He hardly does anything on the Retsupurae channel anymore, but he tweets quite frequently on his twitter and streams on Twitch.

So much good shit like the RP on Nostalgia Critic's Bart's Nightmare.

THIS was the originator of This Is How You DON'T Play. After this went viral EvilAJ made the DON'T Play of MGS2 and it took off from there.