Reveal something totally unexpected about yourself - Shock and awe awaits - Don't powerlevel

FuckedUp

Trump's half-Chosen
kiwifarms.net
I can perfectly hear songs in my mind every bit as good as listening to them..especially when I don't need to.
I thought everyone was able to do that until learning about aphantasia about a month ago. Is it some unique ability to be able to imagine things like fictional episodes of animated shows down to the drawing/animation style? Being unable to picture anything except what's directly in front of me sounds horrifying.

Neon

Element Ten
kiwifarms.net
Being unable to picture anything except what's directly in front of me sounds horrifying.
My brain works like this, or at least is on the very weak end of the visualization spectrum. I only realised other people's minds worked differently when a friend and I were discussing the same book and she was able to describe the main character's appearance in vivid detail while I'd never given a thought to how he looked.
People tend to be horrified or saddened by the concept of aphantasia but it doesn't bother me and I never think about it. I may not be able to picture a character in a book doing things, but I conceptually understand that the thing is being done and not seeing it doesn't hamper my enjoyment of it! :) I think it does hurt my ability to be creative and spontaneous as an artist, but I can still draw and paint well given enough reference and time.

bookiedookie

True & Honest Faggot
kiwifarms.net
My brain works like this, or at least is on the very weak end of the visualization spectrum. I only realised other people's minds worked differently when a friend and I were discussing the same book and she was able to describe the main character's appearance in vivid detail while I'd never given a thought to how he looked.
People tend to be horrified or saddened by the concept of aphantasia but it doesn't bother me and I never think about it. I may not be able to picture a character in a book doing things, but I conceptually understand that the thing is being done and not seeing it doesn't hamper my enjoyment of it! :) I think it does hurt my ability to be creative and spontaneous as an artist, but I can still draw and paint well given enough reference and time.
This kind of thing is very interesting to me, because it sounds awfully dull and frankly scary to not be able to imagine a person or character vividly do a thing. In my mind, right now, I’m seeing Donald Trump having sex with me. It’s vivid, and it looks like a memory, but I know it isn’t real because I just came up with the scenario. It’s bizarre to think that other people can’t conjure up the same images.

Autumnal Equinox

Null killed my avatar
kiwifarms.net
All the men in my immediate family get told constantly we look like famous killers. My dad apparently looks like a younger Charles Manson, my brother like a white Richard Ramirez, and I look like Dahmer.

I've tried a few times to get all three of us to go to a Halloween party dressed up more closely as our likeness, but none of them will go for it.

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This could be a thread unto itself

When trying to picture places or people I haven't seen, my mind automatically maps out placeholder things for them, like having someone I either personally know or a familar public figure inserted as sort of an actor for them, or like someone's home, I'll imagine using someone else's place I've been to before. This even happens with my dreams. I guess it's a little like those Garry's Mod/Source Filmmaker videos where they have various Valve characters acting out the roles of completely different people.

Tags
None