Rian Johnson Needs to Come Back to ‘Star Wars’ – But His Movies Have to Be Original -

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
Star Wars, no, modern cinema is currently fucked by two extremes of bad writing - The first is the wish fullfillment writers who cannot create anything new, they are leeches who can only use others people's work, change it slightly (universally to the worse while completely missing out on what made it good) and then declare it as the new real iteration. The other is the cynical writers who have contempt for their betters, who will joyfully destroy the works of others while masturbating on how the original works were bad and their new adult (ie, 12 year old edgy) take is the real version of events.
Ruin is the latter, and until Hollywood purges those two types of writers, their movies will continue to be unoriginal shit that lives of nostalgia to decades prior.

JohnDoe

Its a heat-stroke risk, running ovens in Jew-lie!
kiwifarms.net
Even that I wouldn't pin on her, that was probably the direction she was given.

Yeah, she's a decent actress and fully capable of playing a firm, non-bitch commander. Rian wrote her character and then directed her to be as much of a man-hating hyper-feministic cunt on purpose.

Anyway, Rian should not make a Star Wars movie. He obviously wants to do his own thing and has no love for the franchise, setting or characters. He'll only hurt himself and damage the franchise, as we fucking saw. A sequel movie in an established franchise is not the place for freewheeling directors that want to throw out some ridiculous attempt at subversion.

Starscreams Cape

Read my posts in his voice
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, she's a decent actress and fully capable of playing a firm, non-bitch commander. Rian wrote her character and then directed her to be as much of a man-hating hyper-feministic cunt on purpose.
When will actresses themselves start waking up to the fact that NOBODY likes females portrayed this way. It actually says something about the hidden mysogony of people like Rian Johnson that he believes women leaders in the future/past/whatever can only be effective if they act like a cunt. He's saying in essence that they can't be an inspirational leader.

Absolutego

Making dough but not enough to blow
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
When will actresses themselves start waking up to the fact that NOBODY likes females portrayed this way. It actually says something about the hidden mysogony of people like Rian Johnson that he believes women leaders in the future/past/whatever can only be effective if they act like a cunt. He's saying in essence that they can't be an inspirational leader.
They get paid in the low six figures at minimum to appear in these movies. They don't care and have little interest rocking the boat.
I strongly suspect outside of the women who obviously got Weinstein'd like Alyssa Milano, most of these actresses are just parroting the predominant narrative pushed by male feminist producers.

ProblematicUser420

Tits and Abs
kiwifarms.net
Star Wars needs to not be in movie form until at least 2029.

Disney can do their Mandalorian show, maybe a Kenobi show to keep Star Wars in the public eye. Then maybe a cartoon. No more than that. (I know, I know, no way Disney+ won't end up having a dozen or more shows by 2022)

But absolutely they need to take a decade break from the films at this point.

I just want to say I said a dozen shows as an exaggeration and holy shit they're actually doing it.

ArthuriusMartyrius

kiwifarms.net
I firmly stand by the theory that Rian Johnson is actually a secret genius who deliberately sabotaged The Last Jedi so hard that it was effectively impossible to unfuck and in the process demonstrated how much of a talentless hack J.J. Abrams was.

Knives Out is not something that would've been made if Rian was actually as much of a dumb, feminist hack as we thought.

Absolutego

Making dough but not enough to blow
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I firmly stand by the theory that Rian Johnson is actually a secret genius who deliberately sabotaged The Last Jedi so hard that it was effectively impossible to unfuck and in the process demonstrated how much of a talentless hack J.J. Abrams was.

Knives Out is not something that would've been made if Rian was actually as much of a dumb, feminist hack as we thought.
idk, the twist was rather obvious, since anyone who knew Rian Johnson knew that a) there was no way anything bad would happen to the impoverished Latina maid, and b) there was no way he'd make the rich white guy a secondary protagonist.
It had the same subversion energy as The Last Jedi, in my opinion, but by virtue of not being part of an established franchise, wasn't nearly as tedious.

JohnDoe

Its a heat-stroke risk, running ovens in Jew-lie!
kiwifarms.net
It had the same subversion energy as The Last Jedi, in my opinion, but by virtue of not being part of an established franchise, wasn't nearly as tedious

Exactly. Subversion or deconstruction is practically impossible to do within an established franchise or sequel situation because the entire premise is you're giving the audenience more of what they got the first time around. The only exception might be KOTOR 2, and even that isn't unanimously considered a deconstruction or subversion.

If you're intending to do a big subvert, it needs to be part of a standalone project.

LORD IMPERATOR

kiwifarms.net
It was also the beginning of the Reylo shit, turning Star Wars into Twilight with lightsabers.
That was already the case when The Force Awakens came out. Although it was more 50 Shades of Grey with Kylo Ren capturing Rey and strapping her down while attempting mind rape.

Last edited: