Careercow Richard "Lowtax" Kyanka - Deadbeat Founder of Something Awful

Taken out of its early internet context a lot of the content/threads don't stand up at all. There are a few gems but most of it is just boring and cringy. Plus, no one has culled the megathreads or instituted a highlights feature so each thread is chock full of white noise.
Also broken image links.

It's rather telling that most of the funny on SA that's stood the test of time is the stuff mocking other goons like the zipline, grover house, goon lord of the flies, etc

Never Scored

kiwifarms.net
It was funny back when it was created. I've tried to go back and read stuff I remember, which seems like it was before the golden age a lot of people talk about here, and it's just not funny. You can mine try to mine it for nostalgia now, but most people are just going to find it lame or lolsorandom or offensive. People have been suggesting this for a while because it's all he's got and he'll do it because he can't make anything funny anymore and neither can the forums or the people who write for the frontpage, but I don't think it'll be a big hit. It might just be big enough to keep him in pills and box wine long enough for them to kill him.
I totally agree. I watched some old Flashtub stuff recently like Virusman and the Super Kansas City World Skippers that I remember liking back in the day. It sucks now. Society has changed and the people who liked it at the time have changed. 15-20 years ago this content felt like this counterculture underground nerd stuff . It was zanier than mainstream stuff because it lacked traditional media gatekeepers, and it was on the internet so there was some novelty. Now everything is on the internet and everyone is making wacky zany memes that are funnier than the old SA stuff. It's not special anymore.

TurdFondler

kiwifarms.net
Our expectations have changed too. Flash let a whole bunch of people make cartoons who would have otherwise been priced out of animation. Video content was very much in its infancy during SA's peak.

With today's tools the bar is so much higher for content. Green screens and special effectd are almost a given whereas it used to be a big deal.

It's not enough to just animate or film some zany random stuff and wait for the accolades to roll in. Your content nowadays has to be technically good and also funny, novel and engaging.

Sir Wesley Tailpipe

kiwifarms.net
That's a bold move. I wonder if it was Bogan's idea.
It would be the kind of thing someone coming in to tune up the business, but who wasn’t familiar with the history of it, would do. Owning intellectual property that you aren’t trying to profit off of is bad business, unless that IP is tied to an individual whose image and behaviour makes being associated with them cancerous to your image.

Given Bogan’s whole tryhard “Hey, I’m a longtime goonette, I, uh, lost my old password! I swear!” routine, I would not be surprised at all if it was her doing.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
It was funny back when it was created. I've tried to go back and read stuff I remember, which seems like it was before the golden age a lot of people talk about here, and it's just not funny. You can mine try to mine it for nostalgia now, but most people are just going to find it lame or lolsorandom or offensive. People have been suggesting this for a while because it's all he's got and he'll do it because he can't make anything funny anymore and neither can the forums or the people who write for the frontpage, but I don't think it'll be a big hit. It might just be big enough to keep him in pills and box wine long enough for them to kill him.
The trouble with SA's content even at it's best was it was way too cynical and smug.

Most websites in the 2000s had a self deprecating sense of humor, SA came off like they really did feel like they were above everyone else.

TurdFondler

kiwifarms.net
It shouldn't be surprising that the content was smug. Front page writers were the chosen few of an already insular and paywalled community. It was quite the soapbox.

Zaryiu

I miss the time when the show was good
kiwifarms.net
Also why he's a fucking terrible father. If he gave a shit about the kid he'd shut the fuck up, not have her pose for an internet picture (the fucking moron did shmorky not teach him anything), give her a cuddle and be happy she's home.

It's all about Lowtax, the fucking narcissist. I wonder how long before this one is wetting the bed at the thought of going to stay with him.
He's a Goon with a kid, exploitation is inevitable

• Feels
Reactions: Ghostse and Begemot

Sabrina

Look closely
kiwifarms.net
Lowtax now fucking a new goonette and organizing a threesome with Bogan, new 'nette wants a piece of the drama REALLY REALLY BADLY. LT only "liking" Bogan's posts and heart-reacting the new chick. None of what any of them and the two new sycophant front page writers have said is funny, not even in the pathetic way. I know this thread isn't active and nobody relevant had been posting anything except wacky zany lol random and that's why it isn't active.

Sorry guys, your thread died over a month ago. There is no new content. I mean I guess you're probably driving traffic to an extremely overloaded site that is already getting multiple times the traffic of SA. Bogan and new chick mention kiwi by name like 4-5x as much as SA. Guess it was a solid business decision not to pay Bogan until she proves herself able to actually drive traffic to their site and not just infect goons' computers with aughts-style malware.

Also there is some crossover but we're not the ones writing ED articles. Whatever your name is could try appealing directly to them for the e-creds.

Only thing that's been on my mind wrt Low-T is wow you sure did it, buddy. You got your partial custody. Literally everyone including your fucking wife was pushing you to file for this. You could have done this, hell you could have filed for divorce and set up a hearing for a custody agreement before you ever flew off to catch corona from a busted thot. Yeah you're a pillhead alcoholic junkie, but you live in a house with the electricity on and something resembling food in the kitchen. That's literally all you need to have to be considered a fit parent in the eyes of family court. You're not "vindicated," you just finally woke up and listened to all the people, including your goony friends, the cop that doesn't like you, and your super lolyer, who told you to quit acting retarded, your wife isn't getting deported or thrown in jail or whatever the hell you were trying to do to her, and just file for fucking divorce and a custody order. This could have all been done in like a couple of weeks.

I feel sorry for your kid because she's going to grow up thinking it's ok to treat other people the way you do and you're going to pull the same bullshit with her just like you've done with every other woman who's ever been in your life. Your liver health is becoming extremely apparent and that's the only thing every single one of these women has to look forward to. Yeah the little one thinks you're the greatest thing ever right now, but you know exactly what happens when the hit around the 11yo mark, if you even live that long. Enjoy it while you can.

Last edited:

elrond hubbard

kiwifarms.net
Lowtax now fucking a new goonette and organizing a threesome with Bogan, new 'nette wants a piece of the drama REALLY REALLY BADLY. LT only "liking" Bogan's posts and heart-reacting the new chick. None of what any of them and the two new sycophant front page writers have said is funny, not even in the pathetic way. I know this thread isn't active and nobody relevant had been posting anything except wacky zany lol random and that's why it isn't active.

Sorry guys, your thread died over a month ago. There is no new content. I mean I guess you're probably driving traffic to an extremely overloaded site that is already getting multiple times the traffic of SA. Bogan and new chick mention kiwi by name like 4-5x as much as SA. Guess it was a solid business decision not to pay Bogan until she proves herself able to actually drive traffic to their site and not just infect goons' computers with aughts-style malware.

Also there is some crossover but we're not the ones writing ED articles. Whatever your name is could try appealing directly to them for the e-creds.

Only thing that's been on my mind wrt Low-T is wow you sure did it, buddy. You got your partial custody. Literally everyone including your fucking wife was pushing you to file for this. You could have done this, hell you could have filed for divorce and set up a hearing for a custody agreement before you ever flew off to catch corona from a busted thot. Yeah you're a pillhead alcoholic junkie, but you live in a house with the electricity on and something resembling food in the kitchen. That's literally all you need to have to be considered a fit parent in the eyes of family court. You're not "vindicated," you just finally woke up and listened to all the people, including your goony friends, the cop that doesn't like you, and your super lolyer, who told you to quit acting retarded, your wife isn't getting deported or thrown in jail or whatever the hell you were trying to do to her, and just file for fucking divorce and a custody order. This could have all been done in like a couple of weeks.

I feel sorry for your kid because she's going to grow up thinking it's ok to treat other people the way you do and you're going to pull the same bullshit with her just like you've done with every other woman who's ever been in your life. Your liver health is becoming extremely apparent and that's the only thing every single one of these women has to look forward to. Yeah the little one thinks you're the greatest thing ever right now, but you know exactly what happens when the hit around the 11yo mark, if you even live that long. Enjoy it while you can.
nigga what