Careercow Richard "Lowtax" Kyanka - Deadbeat Founder of Something Awful

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I wasn't suggesting she isn't bipolar (I think she is open about it? can't remember) but people were like lol schizophrenia medicine and I just wanted to point out it is used for other things, AND that Lowtax has sperged on his facebook a lot about his own psych meds. It's just dumb that he posted this as some kind of "gotcha"
He's so wackyzany he victimizes the mentally ill!

Sir Wesley Tailpipe

kiwifarms.net
I wasn't suggesting she isn't bipolar (I think she is open about it? can't remember) but people were like lol schizophrenia medicine and I just wanted to point out it is used for other things, AND that Lowtax has sperged on his facebook a lot about his own psych meds. It's just dumb that he posted this as some kind of "gotcha"
His mom is an ex-prosecutor, and it’s pretty clear a lot of the non-moronic but just scummy things he posts are following her dirty tricks playbook to try to look better in court.

RisingPheonix

I came here to squark at you
kiwifarms.net
His mom is an ex-prosecutor, and it’s pretty clear a lot of the non-moronic but just scummy things he posts are following her dirty tricks playbook to try to look better in court.
Momma Lowtax was the one pushing to try and get Ashlii deported as apparently she was the sponsor for her Adjustment of Status application (I guess Lowtax's tax issues meant he needed mommy to support maplewife's application), She's not *that* smart because she legit thought she could just demand her deportation, when searching r/immigration will bring up a whole host of posts from people with K-1 visa partners who have left them asking if they can send said partner back and getting a "lol no" response.

Momma Lowtax clearly feels her special little guy just keeps choosing horrid women that screw him over. So I would very much believe she's very on board with finding reasons to justify blaming the women over her own son yet again.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Momma Lowtax clearly feels her special little guy just keeps choosing horrid women that screw him over. So I would very much believe she's very on board with finding reasons to justify blaming the women over her own son yet again.
She seems like a real piece of something. I suppose it makes sense, after all, she shat out Lowtax.

Spedestrian

Demonically Possessed Ray-Ba᠎ns
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Latuda costs like $1400 a month in the US according to google
Lowtax would never pay $1400 for pills that don’t get you high.
That's not how much it actually costs, that's its imaginary exchange value within the American insurance pyramid scheme. I'm not even sure the insurance companies pay that much, I assume they probably do some wheeling and dealing behind the scenes, but at any rate they cover the bulk of it. The cost for the patient is probably more like $5 to $30 dollars depending on their insurance.

If insurance doesn't cover it then a lot of drug companies give out permanent discount "coupons" to pharmacies that they can use to reduce the price to something people might actually be willing to pay. Others achieve more or less the same result by offering special discount cards directly to patients rather than to pharmacies. Latuda apparently has a program that covers any insurance copay above $15, and they may have other offers aside from that.

Basically the American healthcare system is a gigantic racket and Latuda only costs $1400 in Monopoly money. The actual cost to the patient is a fraction of the obscene sticker price.

Ghostse

Waffle SS Untermenchenfurher
kiwifarms.net
Lol, Logan’s crazy pills cost more per month than Lowtax’s paetron pulls in.
(Latuda costs like $1400 a month in the US according to google)
Small fact check, Latuda is billed to insurance at $1400/mo. If you are uninsured and write or call to Sunovian, you will get that reduced to 10% or less provided your doctor doesn't just hand you a coupon.

edit: Fuck, beaten like Lowtax's girlfriend by @Spedestrian who had a better post

nohull

screw your ooptics, I'm ooperating
kiwifarms.net
Small fact check, Latuda is billed to insurance at $1400/mo. If you are uninsured and write or call to Sunovian, you will get that reduced to 10% or less provided your doctor doesn't just hand you a coupon.
Is that especific to Latuda or are all the med prescriptions like that?

Something Awful

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That makes me wonder: I'm shocked Goons haven't tried harder to #Cancel a lot of old, borderline-funny SA stuff like that. Has there been any pushback on the SA forums about past SA content?
They do try. There has been a steady stream of threads demanding the removal of everything from offensive smilies to old front page articles. Some of those threads were sincere while others were clearly trolling, but even the latter found a lot of sincere support among goons, and the admins happily accomodated the demands, while begrudgingly noting that the front page is out of their hands.

Prester Jane (erstwhile Prester John) famously made a thread suggesting a total rebranding of the site and changing the tagline from "The internet makes you stupid" to "The internet, filtered". Some people thought that was dumb, but it would actually be 100% appropriate, since SA is now a radicalization echo chamber that filters out everything beyond their bubble as "nazis".

Ghostse

Waffle SS Untermenchenfurher
kiwifarms.net
Is that especific to Latuda or are all the med prescriptions like that?
Every single one of them* and 99% of all medical costs.

When you hear people getting $100,000 hospital bills because they shoved a pool ball up their ass, that is because the hospitals have bill you what they bill insurance, and they bill insurance a made up number that includes a distributed load of all their operating expenses to cover for methheads who can't/won't pay.
If you get a medical bill, ask to speak to financial aid. Just showing up in the financial aid office will get 25% knocked off your bill before you even start.
Then ask for an itemized bill. This is where there is a lot of double billing and "well we don't have to charge for that" will knock that shit down even more, as they are dealing with an actual human and not an insurance adjuster who will approve anything within what their system says something should cost.
Want to get that shit even lower? Offer to pay in cash or debit card.
Want to pay amounts that you'll swear is the result of someone fucking up and leaving off a zero? Pay in cash before you have a procedure.

My friend and his wife paid less than the insurance deductible for the birth of their kid by going to the hospital administration when they were pregnant and paying upfront for the delivery.

Remember Skrelli and his epipen shit? That's why he marked epipens to $600 a unit, it was to gouge insurers. His only fuck up was not creating the personal exception program all the other drug companies run to avoid that exact fiasco.

* Ok, There are some extreme, extreme fringe cases where the $5000/mo is $5000/mo because what the drug treats is so uncommon there isn't actually a production line so batches have be cooked up by hand by a bunnysuited labtech. But in those cases you just get the nightly news involved and the drug company will happily write down the cost of keeping you alive because they don't want the PR nightmare.

MirnaMinkoff

Mama, nobody sends you a turd and expects to live.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That's not how much it actually costs, that's its imaginary exchange value within the American insurance pyramid scheme. I'm not even sure the insurance companies pay that much, I assume they probably do some wheeling and dealing behind the scenes, but at any rate they cover the bulk of it. The cost for the patient is probably more like $5 to $30 dollars depending on their insurance.

If insurance doesn't cover it then a lot of drug companies give out permanent discount "coupons" to pharmacies that they can use to reduce the price to something people might actually be willing to pay. Others achieve more or less the same result by offering special discount cards directly to patients rather than to pharmacies. Latuda apparently has a program that covers any insurance copay above $15, and they may have other offers aside from that.

Basically the American healthcare system is a gigantic racket and Latuda only costs $1400 in Monopoly money. The actual cost to the patient is a fraction of the obscene sticker price.
l

edit: Fuck, beaten like Lowtax's girlfriend by @Spedestrian who had a better post
Its a funny haha joke. Do you want to point out that the Blvd Beer’s Unfiltered Kiwi beer has no relation to KF too?

Dudes, I do understand the Rx billing racket but it‘s a joke because the quoted price is the same price as Lowtax’s paetron income.

Anti-psych drugs that don’t have generics yet are always ridiculously priced in the US because most severely mentally ill ppl are on Medicaid - which is just a Pharma piggy bank to rob.

However, if you had to pay cash for the pills or have lame Rx deductible you’d still be paying a few hundred bucks for it. If you qualify forvthr manufacturer program that will make it $15 you’re so poor you’d get Medicaid anyway. They do require stupid income vetting and long application process for the only $20 a month programs. Most manufacturers discount programs will give the any person a 50-60% off coupon without any hoop jumping though.

This does make one wonder how Logan affords all her therapy and meds. She’s not employed and her dream job at SA was never going to offer health insurance. She can’t still be on her parents insurance since she’s out of school and too old now anyway. Maybe Logan is on Medicaid which is why a non-paying job at SA was a-ok for her.

Even rich parents can’t pay out of pocket for mental health care for very long. Maybe the mormons have some helpful scheme in Utah for it.

forums poster wow

kiwifarms.net
Remember Skrelli and his epipen shit? That's why he marked epipens to $600 a unit, it was to gouge insurers. His only fuck up was not creating the personal exception program all the other drug companies run to avoid that exact fiasco.
Shrekguy actually did have one, he would give the meds for free to anyone who wrote him a letter.

Broadwing

kiwifarms.net
Looks like saying anything negative about Logan gets you a probe now.

View attachment 1417470
View attachment 1417473
This shit comes up all the time. Take the funtimes we document over at AC for example: Adam Wan is a rape machine, but he's good about selecting chicks with severe issues so really, nobody (or at least few enough people) can honestly believe them. They choose the crazy 'wisely'.

whatever I feel like

Flu Friendly Furby
kiwifarms.net
Can you imagine being his kids in school being asked what their parents do for work? "And what job does your father have?" Awkward silence as they try to think of something to say that diminishes the shame.

Then they settle on, "he's homeless on the street addicted to drugs." because the truth is so much worse.
Professional comedy writer would be a prestigious gig when I was a kid. Especially with the (double mortgaged) mansion and (brought with loans) car to prove status.