Careercow Richard "Lowtax" Kyanka - Deadbeat founder of Something Awful, forced out of his own community, on his second divorce, stuck his dick in crazy, "Birth Giver"

White Devil

As in this world there are degrees of evils
kiwifarms.net
How is a shotgun easier to use than one of the most ubiquitous rifle platforms in the world with almost no recoil and known for its lightweight? Are you actually retarded? When was the last time you built a shotgun like an AR?
Well, almost half of current Something Awful posters would only need to shoot it the one time.

SA posters would say the trigger looks like a penis, ree about patriarchy online, then go back to browsing CP.

Never Scored

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How is a shotgun easier to use than one of the most ubiquitous rifle platforms in the world with almost no recoil and known for its lightweight? Are you actually retarded? When was the last time you built a shotgun like an AR?

SA posters would say the trigger looks like a penis, ree about patriarchy online, then go back to browsing CP.
Trigger triggered

CharlesBarkley

kiwifarms.net

This thread never would have happened if it had a gun.

But all joking aside, what's the deal with Lowtax anyways and his family shit. Honestly, I thought that picture of his ex's would cause some mega meltdown but besides slight whining he has been pretty quite.

glumCunt

daft twat/archemperor of the universe
kiwifarms.net
The thing that bothers me the most about him is, he's in his 40's right; why is he constantly acting like he's 13? Is that a coping mechanism where one doesn't take anything around him seriously and becomes increasingly juvenile whenever met with hostility or threat? I've noticed a similar pattern of such bizzare behaviour in certain older people such as Trump or Mel Gibson (2011 tapes with his gf Oksana Grigorieva, except he combines it with unrelenting rage).

Last edited:

Leonard Helplessness

kiwifarms.net
I'm surprised he hasn't tried out the PPP fraud that's getting so many people yoinked by the Feds.
He probably heard about PPP loans and was like “teehee pee pee” and slipped back into unconsciousness. Or he did start to fill out a loan application but looking up all those numbers is really, really hard, like WHY DO THEY WANT TO KNOW MY EIN THIS ISN’T 1969. Teehee, 69. Nnh, better just play another video game instead.

Ghostse

Gorilla Channel Executive Producer
kiwifarms.net
This thread never would have happened if it had a gun.

But all joking aside, what's the deal with Lowtax anyways and his family shit. Honestly, I thought that picture of his ex's would cause some mega meltdown but besides slight whining he has been pretty quite.

Its possible Mom & his lawyer have him tardwrangled. Or so doped up on ambien he doesn't care. Maybe both.

moonman1488

Gorilla Dick Nigga
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The thing that bothers me the most about him is, he's in his 40's right; why is he constantly acting like he's 13? Is that a coping mechanism where one doesn't take anything around him seriously and becomes increasingly juvenile whenever met with hostility or threat? I've noticed a similar pattern of such bizzare behaviour in certain older people such as Trump or Mel Gibson (2011 tapes with his gf Oksana Grigorieva, except he combines it with unrelenting rage).

A lot of people never mature past high school, especially Lowtax. His whole life was being in charge of a forum and anyone who disagreed with him could simply be banned. People who are addicted to drugs also are mental teenagers too.

Questionable Ceviche

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He's failed as an adult, like so many of the other cows here who are in their 30s and 40s who never grew up. Normal, rational, mentally healthy people don't make it onto KF. Their emotional maturity stops during puberty. Before you know it, they're 35 years old and still in dutch angel dragon diaper fursuit at a convention surrounded by people 10 years younger than they are. Or, they're 40 somethings with 3 children making fart jokes on stream while drunk on boxed wine and high on prescriptions before their court date.

The Gag Knuckle

kiwifarms.net
The thing that bothers me the most about him is, he's in his 40's right; why is he constantly acting like he's 13?

Same way anybody gets to be the way they are. Some nature, some nurture.

Dude is fairly obviously a pretty bad bipolar. Long before he was a fat druggie he'd still have The Lowtax Cycle, where he'd burst onto the forums manic and crammed with great ideas, run out of steam once he hit obstacles, get tetchy and start lashing out, then disappear. Prior to SA his work and education history was pretty cut-and-dry "bipolar guy who self destructs every 8 months" kinda stuff. This'd be exacerbated by having tolerant, well-to-do parents who'd insulate him from the impacts of this cycle to an extent. Also being a sedentary computer toucher isn't great for managing that kinda thing. You need some exercise, fresh air, bit of sunlight, regular sleep.

It's a pretty horrible way to live, because after a while you start to lose your grip on a regular work > reward ethos, and you become unsure what you do and don't value because your emotional register is so changeable and random. You become avoidant of risk and effort, cause if you downswing and fuck it up it hurts. People seem stupid and fretful when you're flying, mean and spiteful when you're swinging down, better than you in ways it hurts to face when you're all the way down. So to cope you become Mr. Irony Perpetual Teenager, keeping everything at a safe and manageable remove and making sure your life is easy and controllable.

Now, I've been that dude, and I've been friends with a lot of that dude. Usually there comes a point, in the mid-to-late 20s, where you take a look at yourself and go "wait, what". You're still the chaotic teen doof, but your peers are starting to grow up, get married, have kids, have careers, have adventures, get real hobbies, all that Grown Up shit. So then you either double down and spiral into being a dipshit, or you make an effort to get your self under control.

Unfortunately for Lowtax, that time was roughly when he hit it huge with SA.

Not to powerlevel, but I was actually in close-ish contact with Lowtax 2001 - 2003. The eFront thing had fucked him [not as bad as he pretended fiscally, but it had made him realise he was a mongo] and he was having That Moment of self reflection. He'd started seeing a doc, was taking night school classes, was basically about to become a grown up and [probably] shutter SA. Then Fistgrrl, of all people, single-handedly kept SA afloat while inflating Lowtax's ego, SA started generating colossal profit, the old unpredictable moderators became replaced with new sycophantic ones, and Lowtax was Doomed. 20 years of never having anyone talk shit to him [except in a last furious explosion before being instabanned], guaranteed money no matter what, starry-eyed goon groupies and free labour has left the dude basically divorced from reality. He's never had that experience of waking up, knowing your job is shit but having to go in anyway cause you have plans for the money. He's never had a friend get pissed at him and taken steps to fix it, since his friends have always been dependent or nutters themselves. Anything he lost [an employee, or a friend, or a wife] he could effortlessly replace because the Goons would fall over themselves to be around THE Lowtax. He's never had ANY of the things that forge you into a grownup.

Also lol he gay and he do the drugs, lol.

Spunt

A Leading Source of Experimental Internet Gas
kiwifarms.net
There is a certain kind of cow who hits it big in their early 20's and therefore carries their teen arrogance into their later life. Most of us were smug, dickish know-it-alls as teenagers who thought we were so much smarter than everyone else, but as soon as we were spat out of education and entered the workforce, we got a rude awakening. There are people out there who can do everything that you can, but better and with a better attitude. There's lots you don't know, and those old farts who were being square and conservative were actually doing it for good reasons. And then you will fail at something, maybe for the first time in your life. That usually comes as a shock.

For most people, their early twenties are a time of harsh lessons. It's not enough to be smart, to succeed in the world you need social skills, financial skills, negotiation skills, knowing-when-to-shut-the-fuck-up skills, things they don't teach you in school or college or university. Some people grasp those things faster than most, but they usually learn them by their late twenties or early thirties and go on to be successful at whatever it is they do. Life is a very effective but pitiless teacher.

But if the first thing you do out of college is a big hit, you don't have that experience. Even if (as in Lowtax's case) that success was pure luck and not really much to do with you, you maintain that teenage snottiness because "hey, guess what, 100% of the things I do turn to gold, I'm a goddam genius and anyone who disagrees with me is wrong by definition".

If you carry on doing the one thing you hit the big time with you can sustain that success (see: Yahtzee, PewDiePie, James Rolfe), or at least make so much money that any subsequent failure doesn't matter so much (see: Notch). But for many of these people, they fall for the narcissistic fallacy, and think that their success is not due to the successful things they did, but because they did it. That massive early success convinces you that anything you do will be successful, so why worry or plan for the future? After all, I'm me, and everything I do is amazing, so everything is going to be great forever, and if it isn't it must be someone else's fault, because I don't make mistakes.

But then their first big success fades, either because its time is over or because they actively fucked it up. And then our prodigy has a bit of a problem, specifically that of no marketable skills, and especially no interpersonal skills that will be needed for the next business venture. And because they didn't gain those skills in their formative years, and because they have colossal egos, everything they touch after the first success goes horribly South real fast. At first it doesn't matter, there's plenty of money and groupies, but eventually those successive failures start to bite. But that sense of invincibility hasn't gone anywhere, so they convince themselves that the failure of their subsequent ventures can't be their fault, because they always succeed. Look at what they achieved! So they rage and they flail and they blame everyone but themselves as their life goes down in flames. They don't move on, because they think they're too special to get a normal job, not that they have the necessary skills, qualifications or experience for it anyway. Then they get a Kiwifarms thread.

How many cows can you think of who follow this pattern? The once-successful prodigy brought low by narcissism and laziness - Lowtax, Spoony, Anthony Cumia, Cosmo Wright, Mumkey Jones, Movieblob, Doug Walker, Onision - that's just off the top of my head. You also see it off the internet - how many sportsmen, models or musicians got big at 18, never had to grow up, and then crash and burn once their star is no longer so bright?

If my theory is right, then we will see more e-celebs sink to full-on cow status. Look for people who don't do, or clearly don't want to do, the thing that made them famous any more but don't have the skills to do anything else. My money is on iDubbz, Ethan Klein and Angry Joe to join that list. They have largely or completely stopped doing what they got popular for, and are trying to diversify and falling flat on their faces in the process, as well as getting caught up in petty drama all the time. All aboard the cow train! Choo choo!

Last edited:

AnOminous

とても可愛い
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Unfortunately for Lowtax, that time was roughly when he hit it huge with SA.
This was the worst thing to happen to a guy like this, because this kind of narc always attributes anything good that happens to them as the inevitable product of their absolute greatness, while anything bad that happens to them is pure bad luck and the malice of others. It would never occur to Dickard that he was just in the right place at the right time for lightning to hit and if it hadn't been him it would have been someone else, maybe an even bigger fuckup.

Ghostse

Gorilla Channel Executive Producer
kiwifarms.net
There is a certain kind of cow who hits it big in their early 20's and therefore carries their teen arrogance into their later life. Most of us were smug, dickish know-it-alls as teenagers who thought we were so much smarter than everyone else, but as soon as we were spat out of education and entered the workforce, we got a rude awakening. There are people out there who can do everything that you can, but better and with a better attitude. There's lots you don't know, and those old farts who were being square and conservative were actually doing it for good reasons. And then you will fail at something, maybe for the first time in your life. That usually comes as a shock.

For most people, their early twenties are a time of harsh lessons. It's not enough to be smart, to succeed in the world you need social skills, financial skills, negotiation skills, knowing-when-to-shut-the-fuck-up skills, things they don't teach you in school or college or university. Some people grasp those things faster than most, but they usually learn them by their late twenties or early thirties and go on to be successful at whatever it is they do. Life is a very effective but pitiless teacher.

But if the first thing you do out of college is a big hit, you don't have that experience. Even if (as in Lowtax's case) that success was pure luck and not really much to do with you, you maintain that teenage snottiness because "hey, guess what, 100% of the things I do turn to gold, I'm a goddam genius and anyone who disagrees with me is wrong by definition".

If you carry on doing the one thing you hit the big time with you can sustain that success (see: Yahtzee, PewDiePie, James Rolfe), or at least make so much money that any subsequent failure doesn't matter so much (see: Notch). But for many of these people, they fall for the narcissistic fallacy, and think that their success is not due to the successful things they did, but because they did it. That massive early success convinces you that anything you do will be successful, so why worry or plan for the future? After all, I'm me, and everything I do is amazing, so everything is going to be great forever, and if it isn't it must be someone else's fault, because I don't make mistakes.

But then their first big success fades, either because its time is over or because they actively fucked it up. And then our prodigy has a bit of a problem, specifically that of no marketable skills, and especially no interpersonal skills that will be needed for the next business venture. And because they didn't gain those skills in their formative years, and because they have colossal egos, everything they touch after the first success goes horribly South real fast. At first it doesn't matter, there's plenty of money and groupies, but eventually those successive failures start to bite. But that sense of invincibility hasn't gone anywhere, so they convince themselves that the failure of their subsequent ventures can't be their fault, because they always succeed. Look at what they achieved! So they rage and they flail and they blame everyone but themselves as their life goes down in flames. They don't move on, because they think they're too special to get a normal job, not that they have the necessary skills, qualifications or experience for it anyway. Then they get a Kiwifarms thread.

How many cows can you think of who follow this pattern? The once-successful prodigy brought low by narcissism and laziness - Lowtax, Spoony, Anthony Cumia, Cosmo Wright, Mumkey Jones, Movieblob, Doug Walker, Onision - that's just off the top of my head. You also see it off the internet - how many sportsmen, models or musicians got big at 18, never had to grow up, and then crash and burn once their star is no longer so bright?

If my theory is right, then we will see more e-celebs sink to full-on cow status. Look for people who don't do, or clearly don't want to do, the thing that made them famous any more but don't have the skills to do anything else. My money is on iDubbz, Ethan Klein and Angry Joe to join that list. They have largely or completely stopped doing what they got popular for, and are trying to diversify and falling flat on their faces in the process, as well as getting caught up in petty drama all the time. All aboard the cow train! Choo choo!

Adding to your point about the success trap is that when you try new things, you usually fail. Sometimes you get better, sometimes you don't. It is very hard for someone successful, and especially when success comes "easy", to put in the time and effort to be competent but less successful at new things. Why struggle and fail when you can take the easy path and enjoy the fading warmth of your dying star.