Richard Meyer v. Mark Waid (2018) -

Waid Livestream - What will happen?

• Talks about the lawsuit.

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Further incriminates himself.

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • Defames YaBoi again.

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Doesn't talk about the lawsuit nor CG.

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Host disagrees with Waid on something, chimpout insues.

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Normal interview. (no drama)

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

damian

Not *cough* Zack.
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

FreeHugsCheap

Incredibly huggable
kiwifarms.net
Waid deserves the kind of useless piece of shit allies who he asks to do something utterly trivial but they're too triggered to do it.
My favorite part of that exchange is that for some reason they think that is going to help their defense against Waid being caught red-handed interfering in a fucking contract.

Meyers could have gone through a fucking thesaurus calling Maggie-Mads every fucking slur and insult he could find in alphabetic order and it would still do nothing to defend Waid from this suit.

It's remarkable how these people think being called mean words gives them a free pass to try and ruin someone's life and there should be no consequences for their actions.

Jigglyjogglers

The Doctor Bashir guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, they still seem really stuck on trying to assure the judge that everything Waid did is okay because Meyers is a veddy bad man.

How does that saying about lawyering go? Argue the facts, if the facts are against you argue the letter of the law, if the letter of the law is against you argue the precedent, if the precedent is against you call the opposing party an asshole?

Least Concern

Pretend I have a waifu avatar like everyone else
kiwifarms.net
Do we know that Mags Frances and Mags Vissagio are the same person? I can't see the PFP clearly enough to tell.

Speaking of PFP, I like the one for the manchild incel that wrote that Bleeding Fool article. (Might be fake though.)

Mola Ram

Self Righteous Ego Bastard Asshole
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, they still seem really stuck on trying to assure the judge that everything Waid did is okay because Meyers is a veddy bad man.

How does that saying about lawyering go? Argue the facts, if the facts are against you argue the letter of the law, if the letter of the law is against you argue the precedent, if the precedent is against you call the opposing party an asshole?
If the law is against you, pound the facts.
If the facts are against you, pound the law.
If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table.

Urbanmech

Got an AC 10 and not afraid to use it!
kiwifarms.net

The fact they have been fighting for just jurisdiction for over 1.5 years instead of trying to get it dismissed is extremely telling about Waids case.

OneHandClapping

52 Rioter Pickup
kiwifarms.net
Meyers could have gone through a fucking thesaurus calling Maggie-Mads every fucking slur and insult he could find in alphabetic order and it would still do nothing to defend Waid from this suit.
Look at Mignogna v. everyone. The dude was accused of harassment and sexual assault.

Defendants had supporting affidavits that confirmed... he had cheated on his fiancee. They pounded on the fact that... he had once hired a prostitute.

I think it's clear that since they can't make strong legal claims their tortfeasor asses will just try to defame their target further.

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If the law is against you, pound the facts.
If the facts are against you, pound the law.
If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table.
It really should be "settle for what you can reasonably get". This is how it almost always goes in any court room. Very few cases, civil or criminal go to trial. It takes a special kind of stupid, the kind Oberlin College had, to go down in flames before a jury.

Incidentally, Waid is a special kind of stupid.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
It really should be "settle for what you can reasonably get". This is how it almost always goes in any court room. Very few cases, civil or criminal go to trial. It takes a special kind of stupid, the kind Oberlin College had, to go down in flames before a jury.
You could say the same about Gawker, which actually ceased to exist as a result. That is dumber because while Oberlin is stupid as fuck to have taken that case in front of a jury, which as with Gawker, fairly obviously hated their guts, they have nearly infinite money to squander. There was still no rational reason to do this. They were clearly in the wrong, morally and legally, and the jury loathed them.

Aqua Panda

I've seen horrors… horrors that you've seen.
kiwifarms.net
I really want this case to hit full discovery. So much potential gold could be dug up based upon how Waid had the tendency to run off and brag online.

At bare minimum, I want to know if he ran off and talked to Marvel/DC and just how much he posted in the "whisper network".

The recent whisper network leaks have shown it 100% exists and discovery should go straight to getting transcripts from Facebook. There could very well be racketeering issues at play.

Tldr: this could end up being a WAY bigger shitshow.

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I really want this case to hit full discovery. So much potential gold could be dug up based upon how Waid had the tendency to run off and brag online.

At bare minimum, I want to know if he ran off and talked to Marvel/DC and just how much he posted in the "whisper network".

The recent whisper network leaks have shown it 100% exists and discovery should go straight to getting transcripts from Facebook. There could very well be racketeering issues at play.

Tldr: this could end up being a WAY bigger shitshow.

Its never RICO, especially for a civil litigation slap fight. However I do agree alot of compromising Twitter DM's and private Facebook messages could get dumped. Those also are never really "deleted" despite people going back and deleting them. Both companies keep a backup of deleted content for years for the very reason it could be targeted by a Subpoena at some point.