Richard Meyer v. Mark Waid (2018)

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

Waid Livestream - What will happen?

• Talks about the lawsuit.

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Further incriminates himself.

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • Defames YaBoi again.

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Doesn't talk about the lawsuit nor CG.

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Host disagrees with Waid on something, chimpout insues.

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Normal interview. (no drama)

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smleman303

kiwifarms.net
Is it wierd that Ya Boi has treaded other races better than Waid has?
Kinda but then we all know what kind of person waid hides underneath and I wonder if ya Bois time a marine is actually what made him the best at treating others equally? Certainly explains where he met the mother of his Muslim daughter (the one who wears a burkha and even looks down on ms marvel as pandering trash, at least she learned good taste).

soy_king

Joshua Connor Moon: Born to the Broom
kiwifarms.net
Kinda but then we all know what kind of person waid hides underneath and I wonder if ya Bois time a marine is actually what made him the best at treating others equally? Certainly explains where he met the mother of his Muslim daughter (the one who wears a burkha and even looks down on ms marvel as pandering trash, at least she learned good taste).
Doubtful he met his ex wife over there. She's an Uzbek, and theres not a lot of them on Afghanistan

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
Forum Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I had no idea about that. Everyday is a school day. On a related note what do we know of the mothers of his Jewish daughter and latino son? Ex-wives or girlfriends?
I know he was married when he was in the Marine Corps (I read his memoir/autobiography), but I didn't see anything about having children with his then-wife.

Mister Dongs

kiwifarms.net
https://archive.md/9bYDE

1608677962991.png

Welp.

Newman's Own

kiwifarms.net

AnOminous

See you in the funny papers.
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Disappointing but pretty standard. Presumably he at least obtained an agreement from Waid not to do this shit in the future.
I was actually tempted to contribute to Meyer's LOLsuit at first. Now I'm thankful I didn't. This sucks for the people who thought he'd fight to the end. I wonder if he got any settlement to drop it. I'm thinking "no".
You should never donate to a litigation fund in the hopes of doing anything other than improving the situation of the person you're donating to. You can't buy a lawsuit and you don't own it. In fact, if you did do that it would be illegal in many places under a doctrine called champerty.

Needless to say I'm disappointed, I wanted to see that nasty little doughboy Mark Waid stomped into jelly, but I'll have to live with that. I hope Meyer can live with it too.

Captain Manning

kiwifarms.net
Well, this feels like a complete gigantic waste of time and money. I feel it would have been better for Richard to have gone all the way and lose* rather than this B.S..

* Not saying Meyer would have, especially considering he got this far, and Waid is a cretin, but...

I hope he at least got an agreement out of Waid to never do this shit again.

AnOminous

Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well, this feels like a complete gigantic waste of time and money. I feel it would have been better for Richard to have gone all the way and lose* rather than this B.S..

* Not saying Meyer would have, especially considering he got this far, and Waid is a cretin, but...

I hope he at least got an agreement out of Waid to never do this shit again.
Pretty sure he did and from the wording in the announcement it also looks like there's a mutual non-disparagement clause of some sort as well. I doubt you'll see either of them mention each other at all again, ever, except in the vaguest terms. If Meyer had a good negotiating position he would have also given that teeth with a liquidated damages clause such that if Waid ever does fuck around in this way again, it's an automatic fixed penalty.

Mola Ram

Self Righteous Ego Bastard Asshole
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Pretty sure he did and from the wording in the announcement it also looks like there's a mutual non-disparagement clause of some sort as well. I doubt you'll see either of them mention each other at all again, ever, except in the vaguest terms. If Meyer had a good negotiating position he would have also given that teeth with a liquidated damages clause such that if Waid ever does fuck around in this way again, it's an automatic fixed penalty.

I give Waid a year before he violates it in some way. The man cannot control himself, and likely thinks he won, especially if there was no settlement.

Captain Manning

kiwifarms.net
The announcement says there's a confidential agreement.
The exact scope of which we don't know.

My point is that I hope it's worded in a way where they both just shut the fuck up about each other in any context, and not just this case (moreso that should apply to Waid, but I'm sure such a clause would be written to cut both ways).

The good thing with such a clause is it would mean Waid can't ever try to "cancel" Meyer ever again. Regardless of context. I suppose that's one way of looking at this as a kind of victory.

AnOminous

Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Mark Waid is the reason people know his name and gave him a million dollars to make comics. Best of luck to him trying to do that without YouTube, drama, and spite.
No joke, though, this fact is actually maybe why Meyer decided to settle. Once you prove liability, you have to prove damages, and while generally, the fact that your unpopular actions ultimately made someone money doesn't mean you aren't liable, they could try to offset any damages award by pointing out Meyer actually probably made more money than he otherwise would have, and ultimately, other than the cost of switching publishers, didn't actually suffer any damages. He'd be more or less guaranteed the cost of switching publishers. But possibly not much else if the endeavor ultimately went on to turn a profit and, arguably, more of a profit than it would have if not for Mark Waid's buttfuckery.

TheClappening

The pimp hand
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I am disappointed this and the Vic case both ended up fizzling out. Vic and YBZ both ended up doing ok though

so that's a win?
Vic's not quite done yet. The salt that would come from a favorable appeal will be glorious.

I also think he'd be a lot, lot less lenient to the defendants than Meyer seemingly was to Waid.

Status
Not open for further replies.