• ”My goal is to put an end to this bullshit forum which serves as a place for bullies to gather and gang up on others.”

Richard Meyer v. Mark Waid (2018)

Discussion in 'Lolcow & Lolcow LLP' started by damian, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Does the extension suggest the 'Aids are desperately scrabbling to find a way to not get whupped?

• 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  2. given how much time they asked for, it does seem so. Whether it gets accepted is another matter

• Informative Informative x 1
    andr0id psycho sho(ker

andr0id psycho sho(ker I destroy internet memes with my creepy stare!

kiwifarms.net
  3. Could mean a bajillion different things. Could be Zaid has a trial or something like that and doesn't have time to fuck with it right now, could be he's on vacation, could be that they are trying to save attorney's fees and work on a settlement, could be that he needs to investigate some shit, could mean that Waid is being a moron like usual and is already trying to talk Zaid into some exceptional shit and Zaid needs time to wrangle him.

Contrary to popular belief, lawyers are usually pretty nice to each other. So it could be that he got an extension for no reason just because he asked for it, and now Zack's lawyer has that card to pull out if he gets jammed up and needs more time on something later. Even if you think the client on the other side is a fuck their lawyer is usually just a guy doing a job, and may be a guy you know or see all the time. Besides all that, federal judges are grumpy dicks who don't like to have to rule on stuff, so if you agree to the other side's reasonable (or even kind of unreasonable but not really a big deal) requests for procedural variances it wins you points with the judge if you have to oppose something later.

• Informative Informative x 12
    • Agree Agree x 3
    kiwifarms.net
  4. An extension is not that unusual in a case like this. I'm not sure why people are acting like it is. You have 21 days to find a lawyer; the lawyer isn't expected to concoct a complete response in the residue of that period.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 4
    AprilRains

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  5. There's no reason to be that concerned with time, either. This is a case about damages that already occurred, not ongoing damages. There's no current conduct that needs to be enjoined, and nobody is in imminent danger of going bankrupt immediately. It's just a case of whether Waid owes Meyer money and, if so, how much. Depending on the circumstances, any harm from delay would be covered by prejudgment and postjudgment interest.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Informative Informative x 2
    #325 AnOminous, Oct 11, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    AnOminous

AnOminous boo
    True & Honest Fan Retired Staff

kiwifarms.net
  6. Right. Mainly I'm concerned that we're making a mirror image of the error Waid's partisans are making. Let's not assume that every move Zaid makes equals self-doom.

• Agree Agree x 5
    AprilRains

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  7. Do we know if Zaid is admitted in WD Tex?

talk talk talk

talk talk talk Wise and Terrible

kiwifarms.net
  8. So far as I know, no, though I don't see how he wouldn't qualify, either by applying for admission to practice or by filing for pro hac vice status.

• Agree Agree x 1
    AnOminous

AnOminous boo

kiwifarms.net
  9. Sounds like a bunch of people who need a beer.

• Agree Agree x 6
    Kosher Dill

Kosher Dill Pumpkin Chips
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  10. Careful that leads them to being a rapist according the msm now.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  11. I think Yaboi lowballed the damages, he should have asked for $100K:
    72575A19-E6EE-4DD7-962D-3DD1263C71E1.jpeg
    (Congrats btw $400K)

• Like Like x 3
    damian

damian Not *cough* Zack.

kiwifarms.net
  12. He hasn't asked for a specific number yet, the "over 75K" thing is just boilerplate language to indicate that they believe in good faith that this is worth literally making a federal case out of.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    Kosher Dill

Kosher Dill Pumpkin Chips
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  13. Knowing the sperg-outs that Waid has done over the years, I believe this is the most likely option.

"Mr Waid, I don't think posting billboards of Meyer's face over a photo of Hitler is a good idea. No, creating a comic book villain named 'Ya Boi Zack' that rapes puppies is not advisable either. I also suggest tabling your plans to challenge Meyer in a 'to the death' cage match, at least until this lawsuit is resolved."

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    Water-T

Water-T Let's go crunch some numbers!

kiwifarms.net
  14. Real life isn't the same as ace attorney. Lawyers aren't huge assholes who try to fuck eachother over
    Zaid is probably a busy guy and asked for an extension because he has other cases he needs to handle right now.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Big Bad Fish

Big Bad Fish Antagonist

kiwifarms.net
  15. So do Byrne & Roberts in all likelihood. Both of these guys are professionals with no shortage of cases. One nice thing about this case is the lawyering is likely to be of higher quality than we're used to here, although this may be disappointing if you like horrifically shitty to the point of funny legal malpractice a la LanDUI.

• Agree Agree x 12
    AnOminous

AnOminous boo

kiwifarms.net
  16. ....So no Maddox maneuvers then.

• Feels Feels x 4
    Jaimas

Jaimas Spooky b/w Scary
    True & Honest Fan Wiki Sysop

kiwifarms.net
  17. Well......the case for Meyer is pretty strong, and that is all because Waid is a giant virtue signalling SJW. I see a similar pattern in the Damore-Google affair where the wrongdoing is crystal clear and documented. That is the big difference between the current left-leaning Social Justice discrimination of today when compared to the unlawful activities of yesteryear.

It used to be that you would just refuse to hire broads, or the nogs, and if you ever talked about it you did it in a smokey back room or on the golf course with your buddies. You didn't go publishing front page news articles about it because some shyster Jew would come a bothering you about it and besides that kind of talk was improper. Hence discrimination cases were very difficult to prosecute.

These new left-wing social justice warriors like Waid and Google, however, live in these insane echo chambers that make them feel like they are doing the socially acceptable thing and that they have to brag about it. Waid made tweets stating his intent before the call, and tweets after celebrating his accomplishment, Google management openly boasted about blacklists, and so on. This drive to get ass-pats from their fellow SJWs will absolutely, positively drive them all to self incriminate.

They can't help themselves, the insecure little bastards can only do 'good' if they get cheered along.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 1
    JohnDoe

JohnDoe A hyena with a knife is spooky, right?

kiwifarms.net
  18. I'm still hoping that more time was requested as Zaid is still trying to convince Waid to settle, or is going through tons of DnC's videos looking for evidence / a way to build a defense case. I love the thought of a high priced lawyer having to listen to DnC's videos for hours and considering Zaid is an apparent comic book guy it would be funny if Ya boi manages to red pill Zaid against current year marvel.

'Hey it's ya boi Zack *cough* and i'm going to talk about (issue), 5 min of rambling / army stories / talk about things happening around him punctuated with environmental noises and coughing, anyway 2 min of (issue) and why he doesn't like it and thinks it's bad for the industry thanks for listening and I'll have another video up later...' *cut to Zaid seeing 1300 more videos and internally screaming*

I don't think anybody brought this up, but maybe Waid is getting help from the Comic book legal defense fund? I hope not, I want any delays and filings to be costing Waid directly.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  19. Now this would be VERY interesting if true, Quesadilla and others from Marvel are members of it. Therefore he would be getting aid from Marvel somewhat indirectly.

• 🤔 Thunkful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    damian

damian Not *cough* Zack.

kiwifarms.net
  20. I'd hate to see a First Amendment fund be used to stamp out someone else's First Amendment rights, which is what Waid tried to do. All the CBLDF cases I can think of involve criminal prosecutions, though, other than the one time they helped defend against a frivolous lawsuit by Starbucks against a parody.

• Informative Informative x 8
    • Agree Agree x 5
    AnOminous

AnOminous boo

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.