Richard Meyer v. Mark Waid (2018) -

Waid Livestream - What will happen?

• Talks about the lawsuit.

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Further incriminates himself.

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • Defames YaBoi again.

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Doesn't talk about the lawsuit nor CG.

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Host disagrees with Waid on something, chimpout insues.

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Normal interview. (no drama)

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Least Concern

Pretend I have a waifu avatar like everyone else
kiwifarms.net

Girl YouTuber wearing cat-eared hood and constantly jump-cutting (sorry, redundant) makes a good point about the Nerdist interview that I and apparently everyone else forgot to bring up; the host says that Waid's being sued for "defamation," without even mentioning tortious interference or any other circumstances of the case beyond that. So that's a half-truth at best. She also brings up a contradiction related to Waid's apparent aversion to the term "SJW."

Hmm, not a bad vid. Let's see what's going on in the commen-

youtube-comments.png

God damn it, what was I thinking?

ETA: :late: I guess since apparently damian just posted this in the #CG thread.

Last edited:

mindlessobserver

kiwifarms.net

Girl YouTuber wearing cat-eared hood and constantly jump-cutting (sorry, redundant) makes a good point about the Nerdist interview that I and apparently everyone else forgot to bring up; the host says that Waid's being sued for "defamation," without even mentioning tortious interference or any other circumstances of the case beyond that. So that's a half-truth at best. She also brings up a contradiction related to Waid's apparent aversion to the term "SJW."

Hmm, not a bad vid. Let's see what's going on in the commen-

View attachment 587918

God damn it, what was I thinking?

ETA: :late: I guess since apparently damian just posted this in the #CG thread.
We have found a white elephant. A girl on the internet that is dressed normally talking about things in front of a camera that she clearly understands and actually cares about. Usually this rare creature talks over audio only like geeky sparkles on clownfish tv. To see one on camera is truly fascinating.

TenMilesWide

It's a communist plot!
kiwifarms.net
We have found a white elephant. A girl on the internet that is dressed normally talking about things in front of a camera that she clearly understands and actually cares about. Usually this rare creature talks over audio only like geeky sparkles on clownfish tv. To see one on camera is truly fascinating.
I don't think that's what white elephant means.

The Doktor

kiwifarms.net
He has the right to say idiotic things in public as part of his representation. Some judges don't like it but it would generally be unconstitutional to order them not to do it without a good reason. Lawyers have gotten away with accusing the judge of being "drunk on the bench" (Yagman) and even a Nazi.

That said, the judge could order him to knock it off with sufficient cause.
As stated, it would be unlikely.

However, it's typically considered a bad idea to antagonize the judge. A case can live or die on the judge's decision, and you generally don't want them subconsciously biased against you because of shenanigans and tomfoolery.

This being a Texas judge and former Marine, I estimate his tolerance for bullshit in general to be pretty low, and all but non-existent for SJW reeeeeeeeeeeee.
Super autistic theory here.... what are the chances of Zaid basically being a “distraction” online to sperg & bait the CG crowd in order to maybe get some pull-quotes or evidence.... only to drop out/ “get fired” when the actual trial begins? Assuming his name isn’t on any of the paperwork yet beyond a PHV, and he hasn’t done anything in court yet, could Waid’s lawyers basically say “your honor, we fired that other clown so you can’t really hold his antics against us or our client”?

I’m probably assigning more intelligence or strategy than is really reasonable tho. More than likely a LOLcow client just hired a LOLcow lawyer because those types find each other somehow.

AprilRains

buy now while supplies last
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Super autistic theory here.... what are the chances of Zaid basically being a “distraction” online to sperg & bait the CG crowd in order to maybe get some pull-quotes or evidence.... only to drop out/ “get fired” when the actual trial begins? Assuming his name isn’t on any of the paperwork yet beyond a PHV, and he hasn’t done anything in court yet, could Waid’s lawyers basically say “your honor, we fired that other clown so you can’t really hold his antics against us or our client”?

I’m probably assigning more intelligence or strategy than is really reasonable tho. More than likely a LOLcow client just hired a LOLcow lawyer because those types find each other somehow.
I like your theory, but I don't think "but they're meanies!" is a viable defense to tortious interference. Of course, that might not stop Zaid from trying it.

soy_king

Now with 1000% more estrogen!
kiwifarms.net

It kinda goes with my general theory that Zaid is a Gloria Allred type who's more interested in conducting PR than actual litigation.

The Doktor

kiwifarms.net
I like your theory, but I don't think "but they're meanies!" is a viable defense to tortious interference. Of course, that might not stop Zaid from trying it.
Well, fishing expeditions seem to be Zaid’s forte. John Wilkes Booth. Aliens. Whatever weirdness he can find next. Maybe he thinks “if I sperg enough, someone involved will say something incriminating to pwn me” & he’s going fishing here too?

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
There's no "that varmint needed killin" defense for tortious interference. Considering it's Texas you think they would have that for everything, but not TI apparently.

Jub-Jub

kiwifarms.net
People aren't held accountable for the actions of their fans, see the 2001 Slayer case or the more recent Maddox LOLsuit. He may be fishing for stuff to claim CG is a hate movement, but wouldn't showing Zaid is fishing be enough to destroy that argument? for example comparing CG with the MAGAbomber.

kcbbq

No controlling legal authority
kiwifarms.net
If you think that's bad then you should look how bad they're got fucked up by mice and rabbits.
And toads. Everyone else is complaining about not being able to keep amphibians alive and the aussies can't stop them.

And starfish. And Johnny Depp's dogs.

Reactions: Goober_au

AprilRains

buy now while supplies last
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
And toads. Everyone else is complaining about not being able to keep amphibians alive and the aussies can't stop them.

And starfish. And Johnny Depp's dogs.
I thought Australia was an incredibly deadly land, a lab experiment in what happens when everything can kill you.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino