• Laugh, and the world laughs with you; weep, and you weep alone.
  1. The site is being DDoS attacked again. They've changed their bot behavior since last time. I've added a mandatory CAPTCHA at a Cloudflare level. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Richard Meyer v. Mark Waid (2018)

Discussion in 'Lolcow & Lolcow LLP' started by damian, Sep 29, 2018.

?

Waid Livestream - What will happen?

Poll closed Nov 7, 2018.
  1. Talks about the lawsuit.

3 vote(s)
    8.1%
  2. Further incriminates himself.

18 vote(s)
    48.6%
  3. Defames YaBoi again.

5 vote(s)
    13.5%
  4. Doesn't talk about the lawsuit nor CG.

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  5. Host disagrees with Waid on something, chimpout insues.

7 vote(s)
    18.9%
  6. Normal interview. (no drama)

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  1. A giant manbabby like Waid may reconsider when he realizes how many of his babby toys he'd have to sell to pay this all off.

The deposition may be the come to Jesus moment, if there is one. Waid is an adult infant who, from his previous screaming tantrums, phone poundings, and other mentally ill behavior as reported by Gary Groth, is completely incapable of coping with events where he isn't in control. He won't be in control in a deposition. He will have to answer questions, quite possibly questions that will seem incredibly rude or personal to him, and he can't just leave. If he does, he could end up owing tens of thousands in legal fees to compel his actual compliance, or even just automatically lose the case.

If there's a time his liability will actually sink in to his muddled little comics boy mind, that will be it, especially if up until now he's been huffing his own farts and Zaid has been blowing smoke up his ass for those sweet, sweet billable hours.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 4
    AnOminous

AnOminous sittin in the fabled catbird seat
    True & Honest Fan Retired Staff

kiwifarms.net
  2. Just checked again and the deadline for Jurisdictional discovery is Feb 27. Incidentally while the depositions themselves are not public record transcripts can be purchased from the court recorder. I suspect it'll be well worth it in this case.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  3. It's the parties who produce transcripts, if there are any. They're only available if they're actually submitted in the case. They can be submitted in their entirety, partially, or not at all.

The court reporter only creates records of actual court proceedings.

Deposition transcripts are discovery material. Not everything discovered ends up in the case.

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    AnOminous

kiwifarms.net
  4. That is the crux of the matter imho. The likes of Waid have never had to truly sacrifice anything. I think he will cave when he's faced with the price of his faggotry. He's a righteous soldier until he has something to lose. I may be surprised, though. How he reacts hinges on how autistic he is in perceiving how vulnerable he is within the industry.

The same goes for the other side of the coin. Ya Boi has shown a willingness to cuck himself to people like Waid. While I think that attitude has changed since legal proceedings have begun, capefags regards him as some kind of Smedley Butler, fight me if you don't list him in your top 5 Marines of all time, who will fight the kikes liberals and save their comics. I don't that's realistic. Meyer has a family to provide for and a life to lose. Waid is a fat loser who can ride out his life on past laurels if he shuts up and puts out a bit.

Spergs on the Deep Web™ are making this out to be some kind of epic case that will save their autistic fandom from the political correctness they hate so that they can circlecuck themselves into oblivion while a less offensive industry figures degrade the franchises they hold dear.

• Agree Agree x 5
    break these cuffs

break these cuffs the future liberals want

kiwifarms.net
  5. One of the big rules I’ve found to be true with this type of bullshit drama is that it’s never as bug a deal as the people on the inside seem to think it is and that the big finale everyone is hoping for will never come.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • DRINK DRINK x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  6. @break these cuffs If you or others are expecting it to bring the comics industry down in flames you're being optimistic, but I think it would do serious damage to whatever atoms of reputation they have left. At very least there'll be some good salt to be had. Maybe even some ResetEra style infighting as they realize they can't bully people to make them go away.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  7. Waid doesnt have the luck of the devil that R Kelly does. He also cant claim racism like R Kelly.

Comicsgate is a bit different than Gamergate. In Comicsgates instance many people involved said "Im gonna create my own comics with blackjack and hookers" and actually managed to successfully do so. Gamergate couldnt exactly go "Im gonna create my own games journalism with blackjack and hookers" though some blogs exist.

Any chance if they dont submit those transcripts in the actual case that Meyer can release them once its over?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  8. It's the salt I'm looking forward to. Basically anything that's BTFO of Renfamous, Waid, Tim Doyle and the other most malignant of the anti-CG brigade is going to be fun to watch the effects of. Making their eternal rage even more impotent would be a delight.

• Agree Agree x 7
    kiwifarms.net
  9. Its very easy to not suck as a movement if you have the most talented comicbook artist of his generation beeing your figure head.
    Ethan van skybirds art is just fantastic, and he never gets angry. also most people in comics gate arent spergs.

• Agree Agree x 4
    kiwifarms.net
  10. (Allegedly) going our of one's way to sink someone's publication just looks horrible, optics-wise, as well. Also alot seem genuinely salty some of these people are making actual money and not the poverty wages marvel gives. (And still can't run a profit on)

I think that's the driving force for a good amount of the resentment towards them. Artsy people can be some of the pettiest and cattiest people you'll meet.

• Agree Agree x 4
    TheWatchfulFurfag

TheWatchfulFurfag Hovers over the e-highway of autism

kiwifarms.net
  11. My favorite EVS quote:
    upload_2019-1-11_15-56-46.jpeg
    Oh they are spergs, just not as exceptional as the other side (except for AutismCampaign). It’s one of those “The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.” type of things.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    damian

damian Not *cough* Zack.
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  12. This is true though even the high profile GG celebs never did much and the only one I can think of is a bit of a lolcow

If someone had actually profited off Gamergate Zoe Quinn would have pitched a fit.

• Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  13. Gamergate could, and a handful attempted. Upon finding out that actually making a website work took... work, they all dropped them and nothing remains of any. CG, though essentially as big as spergmagnet as its vidyagame parent, managed to attract people willing to work towards their vision. GG seemed to think the threat of "We'll do it ourselves! S-seriously, we'll do it..." was going to convince people into just doing what they wanted, and when it came time to actually put effort into anything, all decided to either leave or argue about loli.

Nigger, Mundane Matt did for like 5 years...

• Agree Agree x 3
    kiwifarms.net
  14. http://www.deepfreeze.it is still up and a great resource, though it hasn't been updated in a while.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Least Concern

Least Concern Pretend I have a waifu avatar like everyone else

kiwifarms.net
  15. I mean more in the vein of "The bright new future of gaming journlaism!", and the whole idea they would actually make their own videogames. Anti-SJW as a career path revealed itself to be very lucrative, so naturally people were willing to all hop aboard for that instant pay off. But the vast majority of that shit was low-if-any effort. Actually making a gaming website work? Putting in the effort to making some kind of videogame? Any kind of videogame? Fuck that, maybe some already established dev might get the urge to start screaming "Fuck SocJus!" and they can piggy back off that (Kingdom Come), but that whole bullshit about "They fuck with our games?! We'll make them ourselves!" and the idea Vivian James was going to be a media-spanning, new age mascot? Dead in the water.

If there wasn't an almost immediate pay off, none of them bothered.

• Agree Agree x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  16. So did Carl Benjamin and any number of other bloviating tards.

AnOminous

kiwifarms.net
  17. I wouldnt call any of the main people spergs. but yeah some of the minor characters are totaly nuts.

kiwifarms.net
  18. gamergate was dumb and comicsgate is also dumb.

• Agree  x 1
    • Winner  x 1
    • Semper Fidelis  x 1
    • Informative  x 1
    •  x 1
    Dynastia

Dynastia woman respecter
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  19. I mean, she did in a way, but at the cost of always being known as the girl who fucked five game journos

TheWatchfulFurfag

TheWatchfulFurfag Hovers over the e-highway of autism

kiwifarms.net
  20. I don't think any of the game developers actively fought SocJus, they just didn't kowtow to the people who were demanding they pay obeisance. Vavra and Soret, the two main developers who have been shrieked about being alt-right, either just dismissed the attacks on their game (Vavra) or was positive about GG five years ago in a couple of tweets before staying quiet on the issue (Soret) - and they've been called Nazis ever since.

I think there was one actual game which had Vivian James in a small role, but other than that my understanding is the closest GG had to producing games were a few low-effort 'let's own the libtards' games that were actually from right-wing trolls rather than even the more exceptional GGer.

A few people profited on both sides, Zoe Quinn being one of them. Profited handsomely, even. Even though nearly all of their reputations have taken massive nosedives, however, they're still making income (well, except for Milo) because of GamerGate, mostly through Patreons and Kickstarters which deliver little-to-no content. But anyone who came out of GG better than Zoe she REEEEEs at.

In the case of ComicsGate, so far the only people to really profit are the CGers, with oddly enough Waid and his 'funds for my lawsuit', and Ren with her 'I only want the attention and to rage about people' being the two main anti-CGers who have profited. And since Waid should lose the lawsuit or at least have to settle, he'll not actually profit, while Ren is only being paid in attention and will likely turn into anti-CG's Nora Reed or worse, so it's hard to see how CG isn't winning.

Unless you count self-congratulation, sanctimony, and circle-jerking as currency. Because anti-CG is generating a great deal of those.

• Agree Agree x 4
    kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.