Richard Meyer v. Mark Waid (2018) -

Waid Livestream - What will happen?

• Talks about the lawsuit.

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Further incriminates himself.

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • Defames YaBoi again.

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Doesn't talk about the lawsuit nor CG.

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Host disagrees with Waid on something, chimpout insues.

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Normal interview. (no drama)

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Comicsgeist

Yeah, no.
kiwifarms.net
Except you wait for the final number to be given and then basically go to your friends and have them basically give you the money under the table, or as Al Sharpton did in the Tawanna Brown rape hoax, literally had a friend write the check for the amount he ordered to pay, in court, the day he found out how much he was going to have to pay the cops he falsely accused of gang raping Tawanna Brown.

Sharpton didn't even go through the process of trying to appeal the punitive damage; just had a rich friend pay the amount for him so that Sharpton wouldn't be financially ruined by it.
Yeah.. that's not going to happen for Waid.

Sharpton's friends have deep corporate pockets, Waid's friends (if he has any) are struggling comics pro's. We've seen the power of their ability to crowd fund and it's not that impressive.
Waid is currently at $80,869 of $75,000 goal on Gofundme for his ‘fightin’ dem Nazi’s fund’
Richard C. Meyer is at $113,596 of $100,000 goal on Gofundme, and there's been suggestions from Meyer that a further round of funding may be needed from backers if a settlement isn’t agreed, which tells you just how expensive this suit is and it gives you an indicator of just how far Waid's money is likely to stretch also.

Waid may have raised enough cash to cover his legal fees, provided that the case doesn't drag on, but not nearly enough to cover a judgement against him. Furthermore, the funds he managed to raise came after a huge push by industry pro’s and industry media to back his defence fund (combined with the implicit threat from the whisper-networks that those not contributing or at the very least promoting Waid’s campaign would be noted ...and might find their names on the list of 'possible comicsgate sympathizers’ to be scrutinized carefully).

If Waid loses, I really can’t see those same people having a whip-around just to put money directly into Ya Boi’s pocket. There’s no good fight to be fought for the reighteous in that, ony paying out reperations for a defeat.
Add to that the fact that Waid is more feared than liked in the industry, which means that the stench of failure is likely to cause many of his fair-weather supporters to melt away.
Ethan said on a stream a few months ago that an industry third party (un-named) had approached him to act as an intermediary in the hope of getting Zack to drop the case. He suggested that Waid would donate his gofundme money to a charity of Zack's choice as a goodwill gesture and asked if it everybody could just back down, he was told to get fucked. So clearly there's not a lot of faith that Waid will win coming from the anti side of things, which will make them even more reluctant to back a looser.

I expect Waid is likely to declare bankruptcy shortly after a judgement. The judgement will be that big.
Jawbreakers raised $404,913 (Iron Sights raised a further $119,424).
Doubtless when arguing for compensation, Zack’s lawyers will use those numbers as an indicator of what he could have raised in the direct market had he not been locked out of it by Waid’s tortious interference. Add to that any damages for future earning and you could easily be looking a cool half a million judgement, minimum.
There’s no way anybody is crowdfunding that kind of cash for Waid. It’s game over for him and a salutary lesson for the rest of the industry spergs attacking comicsgate.

Last edited:

Jub-Jub

kiwifarms.net
What would even give him that indication?
Because Mark Waid is a gigantic moron. Here is the section of transcript.

Q. Obviously, you use a -- a lot of powerful language here, Mr. Dunn, and I don't need to go through it with you line by line. By the end of this email, are you still, at least at this point, standing by your decision to proceed with the publication
MR. PIERCE: Object to form.
A. I -- I think at -- by the end of this rant that did in this email, I had felt that my emotional status had been drained and I felt like I didn't want to continue down that pathway.
MR. WAID: Yes.
Context: Before this question Joeming is answering questions about a long email screed he wrote. In this email Joeming is talking about how AP are in a no win situation, that he still hadn't decided one way or another to publish, but that he is contractually obligated too, how the double standards of the industry people are bullshit and they should all get fucked. This email was sent ~10 minutes before his call with Waid.

So Waid hears this answer and thinks he's going to be off the hook, after all Joeming just confirmed that he was going to cancel the contract before the call right? Well the facts are that AP still hadn't breached until ~30min AFTER his conversation with Waid (timeline: 4.38pm - email, 10min gap, 4.48pm - Waid call lasting 27 min, 5.51pm - text to Waid 'Thank for talking to me this afternoon...i have decided to drop the project...statement on Facebook coming soon''). This answer also fucks Waid due to the Texas case Rackets loves to cite (Knox v Taylor) were they also had pretty much decided to breach contract (before 3rd party interference) and that it was just an icing on the cake. Boy that sure sounds like the answer above and Waid's call was just icing the cake.

ObeseScreamingBlackMan

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
idk I liked the "maybe I should wait a day so it doesn't look like a victory lap" part myself
I don't give a fuck about comics and I've never read one in my life, but I'm a huge fan of snivelling little manbaby pussies with unjustifiably large egos like Mark Waid getting their shit pushed in so hard it flies out of their eye sockets.

And that particular line just makes Waid getting shrekt about a million times better.

Pedro Sanchez

kiwifarms.net

Sharpton's friends have deep corporate pockets, Waid's friends (if he has any) are struggling comics pro's. We've seen the power of their ability to crowd fund and it's not that impressive.
Waid is currently at $80,869 of $75,000 goal on Gofundme for his ‘fightin’ dem Nazi’s fund’
Richard C. Meyer is at $113,596 of $100,000 goal on Gofundme, and there's been suggestions from Meyer that a further round of funding may be needed from backers if a settlement isn’t agreed, which tells you just how expensive this suit is and it gives you an indicator of just how far Waid's money is likely to stretch also.

Waid may have raised enough cash to cover his legal fees, provided that the case doesn't drag on, but not nearly enough to cover a judgement against him. Furthermore, the funds he managed to raise came after a huge push by industry pro’s and industry media to back his defence fund (combined with the implicit threat from the whisper-networks that those not contributing or at the very least promoting Waid’s campaign would be noted ...and might find their names on the list of 'possible comicsgate sympathizers’ to be scrutinized carefully).

If Waid loses, I really can’t see those same people having a whip-around just to put money directly into Ya Boi’s pocket. There’s no good fight to be fought for the reighteous in that, ony paying out reperations for a defeat.
Add to that the fact that Waid is more feared than liked in the industry, which means that the stench of failure is likely to cause many of his fair-weather supporters to melt away.
Ethan said on a stream a few months ago that an industry third party (un-named) had approached him to act as an intermediary in the hope of getting Zack to drop the case. He suggested that Waid would donate his gofundme money to a charity of Zack's choice as a goodwill gesture and asked if it everybody could just back down, he was told to get fucked. So clearly there's not a lot of faith that Waid will win coming from the anti side of things, which will make them even more reluctant to back a looser.

I expect Waid is likely to declare bankruptcy shortly after a judgement. The judgement will be that big.
Doubtless when arguing for compensation, Zack’s lawyers will use those numbers as an indicator of what he could have raised in the direct market had he not been locked out of it by Waid’s tortious interference. Add to that any damages for future earning and you could easily be looking a cool half a million judgement, minimum.
There’s no way anybody is crowdfunding that kind of cash for Waid. It’s game over for him and a salutary lesson for the rest of the industry spergs attacking comicsgate.
That's honestly been the most amazing thing for me throughout all this. Zack raises over 400K for Jawbreakers, 119K for Ironsights, and then another 100K for legal fees with a complete media blackout. No promotion from BleedingCool. Vice, Polygon, Kotaku, CBR, MarySue, comic pros, the comic book subreddit whichs proudly announced they ban anyone who tries to talk positive about Zack or his books there, no one. No one but his subscriber base and word of mouth. Meanwhile people like Waid, Kwanzer, Mags and all these other fundraiders get front page coverage on all these sites and promoted like hell from comic pros, and they can only raise a fraction of the money. Either these outlets have no influence at all, or all these people and their fans are poor as hell.

If Waid has to pay a million out to Zack in damages, he's bankrupt, and nobody is raising that kind of money for him. They can't even raise Zack levels of money for themselves.

GhostButt

kiwifarms.net
That entire text thread was incredibly creepy. Like an abusive relationship on display. He only hits you because he loves you.
"IM telling YOU how YOU feel and YOU FEEL like you WEREN'T BULLIED because I TOLD YOU how YOU FEEL about this, now repeat after me on written record for no reason other than that I want to be sure you're okay and no other reason" is the correct baaarely between the lines reading of that chain. Fucking amazing.

RodgerDodger

kiwifarms.net
That's honestly been the most amazing thing for me throughout all this. Zack raises over 400K for Jawbreakers, 119K for Ironsights, and then another 100K for legal fees with a complete media blackout. No promotion from BleedingCool. Vice, Polygon, Kotaku, CBR, MarySue, comic pros, the comic book subreddit whichs proudly announced they ban anyone who tries to talk positive about Zack or his books there, no one. No one but his subscriber base and word of mouth. Meanwhile people like Waid, Kwanzer, Mags and all these other fundraiders get front page coverage on all these sites and promoted like hell from comic pros, and they can only raise a fraction of the money. Either these outlets have no influence at all, or all these people and their fans are poor as hell.

If Waid has to pay a million out to Zack in damages, he's bankrupt, and nobody is raising that kind of money for him. They can't even raise Zack levels of money for themselves.
You have to wonder, what do other comic pros think about this? The poor dudes trying to keep their heads down in the trenches and not attract the thought police? What is their reaction to actually seeing what Waid pulled on an indie publisher. Because I can’t help but imagine that a lot of them are quietly of the mind “this dude raised $350k for his Comic. I wish that was me!” Mixed with looking at what Waid pulled on AP and Meyer and thinking “that could easily be me”.

Water-T

Let's go crunch some numbers!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You have to wonder, what do other comic pros think about this? The poor dudes trying to keep their heads down in the trenches and not attract the thought police? What is their reaction to actually seeing what Waid pulled on an indie publisher. Because I can’t help but imagine that a lot of them are quietly of the mind “this dude raised $350k for his Comic. I wish that was me!” Mixed with looking at what Waid pulled on AP and Meyer and thinking “that could easily be me”.
I also have to wonder - how many people in the industry actually despise Waid, and are just going with the crowd or staying silent in hopes that Der Comiks Furher doesn't try to blacklist them too?

One of the reasons I can't wait for Waid to get nailed to the wall is for all the people who got fucked over by Waid to come out of the woodwork and kick him while he's down.

LordofCringe7206

kiwifarms.net
I also have to wonder - how many people in the industry actually despise Waid, and are just going with the crowd or staying silent in hopes that Der Comiks Furher doesn't try to blacklist them too?

One of the reasons I can't wait for Waid to get nailed to the wall is for all the people who got fucked over by Waid to come out of the woodwork and kick him while he's down.
It's astounding and so revealing as to how terrible an industry is when this man of all people is somebody that people are legitimately afraid to be an antagonist of.

MirrorNoir

Un, deux, trois, dit miroir noir
kiwifarms.net
How is this Waid still employed? FFS.
He is BFFs with Tom Brevoort and a lot of the top brass at Marvel; people who at this point are continuing to employ him purely out of spite and malice.

At DC, he's pretty much persona non grata due to him making repeated death threats against the top folk there (to the point that there is a legit restraining order banning Waid from setting foot on ANY DC Comics property) and that Geoff Johns has to middleman any issues the top brass have with Waid over reprinting his stuff.

Also, he's BFFs with Grant Morrison (who wrote the introduction of Waid's murder fantasy comic book involving a Superman expy) and Grant literally is paying Waid to do jack shit, to help him out financially while being sued.

Waid could probably get Neil Gaiman to bail him out. Both to further Gaiman's SJW street cred (since Gaiman is now officially part of the SJW Hollywood crowd, complete with having the Simpsons production staff on speed-dial as far as being able to write for them whenever he feels like it) and because Gaiman's a true kool aid drinking believer who thinks Waid is innocent and would be his sugar daddy to bail him out just to spite his critics and be "praised" for "standing up to hate" in the public eye and now has started making mad Hollywood money that he could probably afford to bail Waid out and miss it in his bank account.

Vampy

kiwifarms.net
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
It must have been a rough time for them but I can only pity them so much for bending over constantly to the Goodthink crowd.

KingofNothing

Arise, Sir Leg of Lamb
kiwifarms.net
Fucking what? I must have missed that stream. I doubt EVS will ever out the guy, but I would love to know which snake tried to bribe Zack out of real justice

He is BFFs with Tom Brevoort and a lot of the top brass at Marvel; people who at this point are continuing to employ him purely out of spite and malice.

At DC, he's pretty much persona non grata due to him making repeated death threats against the top folk there (to the point that there is a legit restraining order banning Waid from setting foot on ANY DC Comics property) and that Geoff Johns has to middleman any issues the top brass have with Waid over reprinting his stuff.

Also, he's BFFs with Grant Morrison (who wrote the introduction of Waid's murder fantasy comic book involving a Superman expy) and Grant literally is paying Waid to do jack shit, to help him out financially while being sued.

Waid could probably get Neil Gaiman to bail him out. Both to further Gaiman's SJW street cred (since Gaiman is now officially part of the SJW Hollywood crowd, complete with having the Simpsons production staff on speed-dial as far as being able to write for them whenever he feels like it) and because Gaiman's a true kool aid drinking believer who thinks Waid is innocent and would be his sugar daddy to bail him out just to spite his critics and be "praised" for "standing up to hate" in the public eye and now has started making mad Hollywood money that he could probably afford to bail Waid out and miss it in his bank account.
Neil's a cuck if he bails Waid out of the mess he created.

KingofNothing

Arise, Sir Leg of Lamb
kiwifarms.net
I think he's talking about the part of someone else's deposition where Waid suddenly and completely inappropriately disrupts the deposition by blurting shit out and they immediately go off the record to yell at him.
Yep, 10 minutes of Waid getting his ass blown open during Joe Dunn's deposition because the dummy still can't keep his stupid mouth shut after all this.

Judge Holden

Corpsefucker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
As I read this thread I like to remember how Waid is not an isolated specimen. Creative media is absolutely infested with this kind of barely functional bipolar ultra-needy drama queens who spend 90% of their time either brownnosing important and popular people in order to get favours or asspats, or declaring furious jihad on whatever the popular enemy of the moment happens to be in order to improve their image and status among the herd.

Seriously take a look through our lolcow banks at the various specimens who are in creative media and you will see that from Chuck Windig to Wil Wheaton to Graham Linehan there are the exact same traits...
  • Absurd ego despite precious little to be proud of other than a few mediocre successes decades ago that were invariably largely the work of others
  • Spineless willingness to sell out to whatever cause is in vogue, even when it utterly contradicts shit they used to do or continue to do now
  • Utter dependency on the personal nepotism and the favours of friends to protect their position and get good press for whatever they do
  • A truly grotesque level of mindless hate and fanaticism when it comes to attacking those who are either deemed enemies by whatever cause they latch on to, or simply those they think are "fair game" and thus wont get them into trouble among the bigwigs they perpetually suck up to.
  • Absolute surety that they can get away with the most blatantly shady activity just by smearing those who critique them

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino