Careercow Richard Stallman / rms - Dirty old communist hobo lookalike who eats his own footskin. HURD release: Never

• We are being DDoS attacked still and 12,000 people are reading about incest. Expect weird errors. Most should go away by refreshing. Emails (registration / password reset) appear to be working; be sure to check spam.

THE MERGE IS ON.

Likely

kiwifarms.net
RMS is a disgusting, barely un-homeless man who has a long history of writing awful shit about pedophilia and bestiality. He's also a dick to woman. The man is walking cringe. But what really makes him a lolcow is that he's instrumental in the process of generating drama forceful enough to tear apart the Free Software Foundation, one of the most (historically, at least) influential organizations in technology.

8a15fc74bb832d66855071fbbc179062.jpg

So why this thread, now? Well, in 2020 he was kicked/forced to resign off of the board of the Free Software Foundation for saying some tricky stuff about how Epstein's victims were actually asking for it, and then got back on after a non-apology. BTW, he's functionally homeless, and it's basically his only paycheck. Needless to say, people are pissed, and it's likely he tries to defend himself (again) (poorly). The dramabomb on this stuff is already dropping

Considering the content of his posts, his non-apology, and the complete surprise of his reinstatement, this pissed a lot of people off. The next couple of days are going to be interesting. For example, already the big FSF conference organizers have announced that they were pissed off.

Richard Matthew Stallman (/ˈstɑːlmən/; born March 16, 1953), also known by his initials, rms, is an American free software movement activist and programmer. He campaigns for software to be distributed in a manner such that its users receive the freedoms to use, study, distribute, and modify that software. Software that ensures these freedoms is termed free software. Stallman launched the GNU Project, founded the Free Software Foundation, developed the GNU Compiler Collection and GNU Emacs, and wrote the GNU General Public License.

Due to his propensity for being a gross nerd, and the longevity of which he's been causing drama, he may be one of the oldest lolcows around.

Anyways, that's a bunch of dumb shit so here's the good stuff
- pedophile and bestiality defender
- awful personal hygiene
- Join us now and share the software; You'll be free, hackers, you'll be free.
- credibly accused of being a HUGE creep

Pedophile defender (and other gross shit)​

RMS is outspoken of his beliefs on children re: adults
https://www.stallman.org/archives/2006-may-aug.html#05 June 2006 (Dutch paedophiles form political party) archive
I am skeptical of the claim that voluntarily pedophilia harms children. The arguments that it causes harm seem to be based on cases which aren't voluntary, which are then stretched by parents who are horrified by the idea that their little baby is maturing.
https://stallman.org/archives/2017-sep-dec.html#13_November_2017_(Jelani_Maraj) archive
Due to the vagueness of the term "sexual assault" together with the dishonest law that labels sex with adolescents as "rape" even if they are willing, we cannot tell from this article what sort of acts Maraj was found to have committed. So we can't begin to judge whether those acts were wrong.
I see at least three possibilities. Perhaps those acts really constituted rape — it is a possibility. Or perhaps the two had sex willingly, but her parents freaked out and demanded prosecution. Or, intermediate between those two, perhaps he pressured her into having sex, or got her drunk.
What was his undoing, which caused him to resign from the only meaningful paying job in his life (not including when he fucked over a computer company by stealing another company's source code), was when he said the following on a prominent message board, in one of the references to his many victims
"We can imagine many scenarios, but the most plausible scenario is that she presented herself to him as entirely willing."

Nasal sex​

The infamous nasal sex stuff, in which he pissed off a room full of people paying him for his expertise and wisdom
https://stallman.org/articles/texas.html archive
"No, your lectures were good. It was the people who had dinner with you. Both evenings they were very uncomfortable with you. They said they didn't want to have you around any more."
"Uncomfortable? But they didn't say so. Did they say why?"
"One of them said he was upset when you talked about nasal sex with plants." I had actually demonstrated this perverse act with the bouquet on the table, at dinner the night before I was sent home. The plants were dead, although well preserved, so I was performing rhinophytonecrophilia on them.

Parrot fucking​

https://stallman.org/articles/extreme.html archive
parrot-love.jpg
A parrot once had sex with me. I did not recognize the act as sex until it was explained to me afterward, but being stroked on the hand by his soft belly feathers was so pleasurable that I yearn for another chance. I have a photo of that act; should I go to prison for it?

dolphin sex​

https://stallman.org/articles/extreme.html archive
Then there is the prohibition of realistically depicting sex with an animal. The law does not care whether the animal wanted sex. I've read that male dolphins try to have sex with humans, and female apes solicit sex from humans. What is wrong with giving them what they want, if that's what turns you on, or even just to gratify them?

But this law is not concerned with protecting animals, since it does not care whether the animal really had sex, or really existed at all. It only panders to the prejudice of censors.

Animal "consent"​

https://stallman.org/archives/2015-nov-feb.html#14_February_2016_(Oral_and_anal_sex_prohibited_in_Michigan) archive
Michigan's senate passed a bill prohibiting oral and anal sex, in order to prohibit sex with animals.
It is wrong to criminalize sex with animals if the animals are willing and not injured. I've read about people that smear on their genitals something that dogs find tasty, to get the dogs to lick them. That is sex with an animal. The animal clearly chooses to do it. What part of that deserves punishment?

For more information, view APPENDIX A (archive), a resource of credible claims of sexual misconduct by ole footy. In line with this (supposedly) women at MIT would stock their offices with houseplants because he hated them.

Awful personal hygiene​

Dude reeks. Enough said. No wait, not enough, how about the foot video? If you don't want to watch a man eat something off his foot IN A ROOM FULL OF PEOPLE in which he's a guest of honor, then don't click:

Join us now and share the software; You'll be free, hackers, you'll be free.​

And lastly, the famous free software song. This shit is weaponized cringe.

Anyways:
RMSleisure.jpg
I didn't bring up his pleasure cards, or what he thinks about disabled people (that they're effectively pets), or his famously insane rider for speaking engagements ( https://groups.google.com/a/mysociety.org/g/mysociety-community/c/zkyZpOXjgoQ/m/_8xyXSxv9zYJ archive)

Last edited:

The Fool

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Open Source community has a notable man called Stallman. When he was young, he wanted to write his own software, but everything he wrote ended up becoming a notepad. Once upon a time, struggling with implementing the “onKey” event, he found a letter from a Finnish student who wanted to write his own OS. He wrote, in particular, “hello, I’m 17 and I wrote a bootloader, pls help me write the rest, my OS is almost ready. Linus from Finland”. Stallman responded: “Hello, my name is Richard Stallman, I’ve already written a notepad for Unix and I think I can help you write your own OS, young man” The first thing Richard did was to try write a kernel for Linus’ bootloader, which he called The hURD. Unfortunately, once again it ended up being a text editor. Linus was angry and then another person, called Cox, came and wrote the whole kernel. He was a very good British man who could not stand others feel bad. Stallman, seeing how his fame is being stolen by Cox, said: “I have already written many notepads for the Linux system, you cannot just delete it all”. Linux had to agree, due to their friendship, and left all the notepads inside the Linux. It was renamed to “the GNU’. To this day, even in 2015, we can enjoy the beauty of Stallman’s genius. For example, there’s a program which takes one file and renames it to another file. Also, there’s a program which deletes a file. Windows doesn’t have such things. Just imagine Linux without such software.

Stallman’s magnum opus is emacs. It’s one of his notepads where he put a scripting language into. Only a visioner is capable of writing a text editor and putting a scripting language there. Some may say it’s 1 grade students’ project, but they will be wrong, as Stallman didn’t put there Basic or Pascal — he’s put there Lisp. It’s a very powerful language, because it’s functional (Basic and Pascal are called dysfunctional). From what I understood reading Wikipedia, functional languages are very awesome because they’re very math. Only smartest people can code in them because it’s too math for common people. Basic is not enough math, C is not enough math, Lisp is a lot of math because it’s functional. So emacs has Lisp in it, so it’s a very good editor made by a innovator and a genius, who understands math and functions.

When he turned 62, Stallman got a bit tired of writing notepads, so he founded Free Software Foundation to promote his ideas. The foundation’s main idea is that you cannot use a program unless it’s written by Stallman himself. He believes that anything not written by Stallman is potentially a patent troll and a vendor lock-in, because there’re no guarantees to Stallman, and only Stallman gives guarantees to himself. And we again return to the topic of notepads, unfortunately. In a perfect world, there are not other programs, but notepads written by Richard Stallman. Preferably with LISPs inside (no less than 85% functional). Maybe Stallman is right, maybe he is wrong, I can’t tell for sure. What I know for sure is that he’s a visioner, an innovator, and we definitely should at least consider his opinion.

The Repeated Meme

Death Null
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A parrot once had sex with me. I did not recognize the act as sex until it was explained to me afterward, but being stroked on the hand by his soft belly feathers was so pleasurable that I yearn for another chance. I have a photo of that act; should I go to prison for it?
and dolphin sex (same page)
Then there is the prohibition of realistically depicting sex with an animal. The law does not care whether the animal wanted sex. I've read that male dolphins try to have sex with humans, and female apes solicit sex from humans. What is wrong with giving them what they want, if that's what turns you on, or even just to gratify them?

But this law is not concerned with protecting animals, since it does not care whether the animal really had sex, or really existed at all. It only panders to the prejudice of censors.
and animal consent https://stallman.org/archives/2015-nov-feb.html#14_February_2016_(Oral_and_anal_sex_prohibited_in_Michigan) archive
Paging @Expurgate Contradictions
This thread is shit, but I support it in spirit. Rating it Semper Fi anyway even though it'll probably be sperg'd.
It's far from perfect but I think this is a good start.

Last edited:

Knight of the Rope

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I’d just like to interject for a moment. What you’re refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!

Also obligatory:
stallmanvan.png

Anyway, exciting to see what happens with the FSF re-takeover. If there's one thing this parrot fucker is good at, it's making an absolute ass of himself publicly. (And also fucking parrots.)

Stallman’s magnum opus is emacs.
Emacs is okay I guess. Shame that it doesn't have a decent text editor though.

Nathan Higgers

You can call me Nate.
kiwifarms.net
Fully support making a thread on our arrogant and stubborn GNUTard. You should have mentioned the cringe alt-names he gives to new stuff. For instance he calls Internet of Things, internet of stings... A full list can be found here.

And how about the time he had a meltdown (I can't fucking archive currently, sorry):

Also I just have to post this:
richard-stallman.jpg

WeWuzFinns

Armed with the cap of flame and goggles of speed.
kiwifarms.net
Kind of funny how being open pedophilia advocate didn't cause him to lose his position. Only when he defended the actions of human trafficker Epstein, MIT deemed that he was too inconvenient to retain. It says a lot about the state of modern academia how James Watson gets unpersoned for trying to explain group disparities, while Stallman have been able to defend pedophilia for years.