Rick and Morty Fans - Futurama for 14 year old reddit atheists

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

kobox666

kiwifarms.net
I'm a simple man, I just chuckle at the funny voices and the character designs. I think the show its at its best when it embraces its sci-fi roots, than when it tries to be more than a quirky comedy.
Its not like the Simpsons first seasons that dealt with stuff like unemployment, family relationships, mental health, in a funny but adult way, you know, stuff that is actually important and meaningful to people.
Sperging about meta narrative is not deep.

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
Did you always dislike it, or did the excessive shark jumping sour the earlier stuff to you retroactively?
I used to hate everything after the second season, but now I like most of season 3 and parts of season 5.

I never saw what the big fuss was from the get-go ... And then the show got progressively worse with its shark jumping, which built up my resentment towards it.

Shokew

Trial by Fire! Trial by Fire!
kiwifarms.net
I caught Solar Opposites, today, if anyone cares.

It was..... OK. Not great, but not terrible like I was concerned about. Just OK. I'll see if S2 can flesh things out a little more, just because, but it's nothing special and it likely won't catch on like R&M had in its first 2 seasons otherwise, IMHO.