Rick and Morty Griefing Thread - Originally titled "Rick and Morty writer Jessica Gao, who wrote Pickle Rick, leaves show"

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

RumblyTumbly

kiwifarms.net
OK, I actually enjoyed this episode at least a little bit.

It was a wacky and fun episode that highlighted the Keith David president more, and he has grown on me as a really fun addition to the show. And the Thanksgiving theme actually provided some solid jokes.

And hey, they took jabs at Congress and the Office of the President, which shocked me because I thought that was taboo nowadays. (Unless its Trump)

The episode had the problem that alot of the newer episodes do in that they provide a ton of filler with mindless action, but the stuff inbetween was at least funny.

Last edited:

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
It's not a funny episode but it is fun to see how it ramps up. The only problem is that it's a ripoff of a South Park episode:

Gravityqueen4life

cat burglar extraordinaire
kiwifarms.net
fuck, i cant even remember when i drop the show. season 3? thats were pickle rick was right? the humor got lost along the way and dam harmon is an absolute soyfiled bitch. didint come out that the voice actor of the dad was creeping on his fans on twitter and doxed a girl for not liking the show? heard she lost her job because of it.

RumblyTumbly

kiwifarms.net
The Voltron episode was meh. I wasn't annoyed by it compared to other more egregious episodes (like the Heist movie one), but it was another example of using the same joke over and over again with out much in return. It looked nice, but it was just more obvious jokes played on a loop.

Last edited:

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
The Voltron episode was bad, just no laughs the entire run. It wasn't even a cringy "anime is stupid" as I expected, it tried to do Voltron robots, anime, voiceovers, family power struggle and that incest baby. The latter might have worked if there were actually organic memes about it, rather than the writers behaving like there were.

Summers sucking up to Rick is of the the most annoying plot points, especially since it keeps popping up and being resolved over and over.

Chilson

kiwifarms.net
This one was good if only because it finally got some kind of advancement on the hanging story threads they set up a long time ago. And its nice having Bird Person back.
Its almost like paying off the setup instead of shitting in your fans mouths over expecting a payoff and delivering nothing to be "subversive" actually tends to make for a far better product.