Rick and Morty Griefing Thread - Originally titled "Rick and Morty writer Jessica Gao, who wrote Pickle Rick, leaves show"

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This one was good if only because it finally got some kind of advancement on the hanging story threads they set up a long time ago. And its nice having Bird Person back.
I was watching it and that “you’re one of those Rick’s that go live with a version of our dead daughter” threw me off so much I had to go back and listen to it again to make sure I caught that right.

Also given what Rick told Bird Person about how he rarely tells anyone about the whole dimension-hopping and everything does add to show much much he does care about Morty.

Last edited:

Stab You in the Back

kiwifarms.net
I left emergency numbers on the fridge.
Yeah yeah... wait, what? 'Emergency numbers on the fridge.' What does that even mean?
Honestly, I don't even know. I've seen so many movies that start with the parents leaving it just popped out of my mouth.

Is that a joke? Has comedy really devolved to half-formed concepts you'd drunkenly type on twitter at 2am in the morning?

So what did everyone think of the latest episode, in my opinion, it's WAY better than some of the other episodes this season
I thought it was terribly written and trite. Its 20 minutes of exposition-style "jokes" like the above and a narcissist trying to psychoanalyze himself.

Also, the ending was straight up exceptional:
(paraphrased)
"I know you're sad and want to die, but you also have a kid."
"Suddenly I'm not sad and don't want to die anymore. Goodbye."

KillThemCrackasBabies

kiwifarms.net
Also given what Rick told Bird Person about how he rarely tells anyone about the whole dimension-hopping and everything does add to show much much he does care about Morty.
I thought this was odd because, at least initially, he whipped that gun out at the drop of a hat. I wonder if this was a new thing they're wanting to go with him.

Anyway yeah, the episode was convoluted. Didn't hate it, but it was probably the worst of the season.

Mr. Bung

This shit goes right through me...
kiwifarms.net
That was the best episode of the season. Did all the talent and effort go into this episode? Imagine if the writers kept this level quality for all episodes.
I agree it was the best episode of the season, and I think part of that just has to do with bringing back classics like Birdperson, Squanchy, and the Federation/gromflomites instead of just seemingly putting all those on a bus after being featured so much in seasons 1 and 2. The show could benefit from a bit more serialization.

Derpman123

You talk like a fag, and your shit's all exceptional
kiwifarms.net
I agree it was the best episode of the season, and I think part of that just has to do with bringing back classics like Birdperson, Squanchy, and the Federation/gromflomites instead of just seemingly putting all those on a bus after being featured so much in seasons 1 and 2. The show could benefit from a bit more serialization.
I would be happy with 50/50 serialization and wacky bullshit episodes.

UnKillShredDur

Black Deaths Matter.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I left emergency numbers on the fridge.
Yeah yeah... wait, what? 'Emergency numbers on the fridge.' What does that even mean?
Honestly, I don't even know. I've seen so many movies that start with the parents leaving it just popped out of my mouth.

Is that a joke? Has comedy really devolved to half-formed concepts you'd drunkenly type on twitter at 2am in the morning?
Yes, and...

"I'm trying to stay humble right now, but as soon as you guys are gone, the potential for a new Pickle Rick starts skyrocketing..."
That was so much fucking worse.

SomethingWittyandBadass

Daddy's too busy fucking a whore to care Timmy.
kiwifarms.net
Imma be honest here; that was the worse idea she could ever do.

Rick and Morty is gonna have a lot of seasons. She could had caked up her resume real good and then show off some cool new ways to show how Rick's a piece of shit.

It would had been awesome. But no, dumbass wanna go to some boring ass asian comedy pilot that won't get greenlight for one season because no one really watches anything for regular tv. Not the people that matter anyway that actually SPENDS the most money on the said franchises. I could be wrong however. I haven't watch regular TV in a minute.

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
It was definitely the best episode since the one with life in the city of Ricks. A lot of it is from young Rick being very likable, and the interaction with Birdman being a divergence from the usually extremely cynical outlook the show has.
Some of the jokes were god aweful though, and in general it was more interesting episode than funny.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
8015C29F-57A0-43CA-B9A9-9471F2378CF7.jpeg

robobobo

kiwifarms.net
"OMG Beth is dead!" No shit she's dead. Rick's flashback to getting the portal technology in season 3 showed her and his wife at ground zero for a huge explosion. He apparently bounced over to a dimension where that Rick had ditched/died/whatever so there was still a living Beth.