Rick and Morty Griefing Thread - Originally titled "Rick and Morty writer Jessica Gao, who wrote Pickle Rick, leaves show"

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

Honka Honka Burning Love

I am the Clownvis..Honk Honk Ba Donk.
kiwifarms.net
or at least get everything back to status quo
Same way they did it with him going to jail.

Rick waves his dick around, has everything go exactly perfectly his way buuut just make enough of a "joke" out of it in order to make the mouth breathers that still think this show is good think something clever is happening.

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
Episode 9 was just boring. Rick plot was the regular "reference as humour". Morty plot was just there, not funny or clever. All of this just to make the "this relationship is toxic" for the billionth time.
Episode 10 starts with shonen parody like we're in the 2000's and it's not overused as shit. I really hope it's not a parody of Samurai Jack, since Jack is better than Rick and Morty in every conceivable way. This abruptly stops five minutes in, and we have a canon episode that doesn't really give any new info and not even makes sense if you think about it (how is the show universe is "separated than non-smart Ricks universe" if some of the universes that are visited through the show don't even have rules of physics or their own versions of Ricks?, Why would Rick care for it anyways?).

I think my brother summed it best, it's just pretentious. We have basic bitch backstory, talking about empathy and toxicity and having a gay song, and that should make you, the viewer, care because you are a monkey that was trained to do it. Now buy our meme shit that was created in a sweatshop in China, even if the show makes an unfunny "capitalism is evil" joke multiple times in the same episode.
And the worse thing is that people will consider it some brilliant and innovative story telling because they got what they expected. And they are smart enough to understand the show, so it must be smart writing.

Tldr: It's shit.

Mr. Bung

This shit goes right through me...
kiwifarms.net
Season 5 episode 10 was good and the end was pretty interesting. I think season 6 and beyond we'll be seeing a new era for the show as the limited central finite curve consisting only of genius Ricks has been breached. What lies beyond are probably all of the Ricks of only above average, average, and even low level intelligence. And probably even some dimensions where Ricks are like Jerrys and Jerrys are like Ricks. Ricks are no longer special, just one of the countless other identities that are spread infinitely across the universes.

Of course C-137 will always be a genius, but as we've seen lately he causes a lot of trouble and mess in his wake and people are starting to get sick of his shit. It'll be interesting if future seasons keep finding ways to cut him down to size until he no longer has much room for his pride and hubris by the time of the final season, just as an overarching moral to the show that no one, not even C-137, can escape the consequences of their actions.

gaystoner

fucked up queer
kiwifarms.net
Season 5 episode 10 was good and the end was pretty interesting. I think season 6 and beyond we'll be seeing a new era for the show as the limited central finite curve consisting only of genius Ricks has been breached. What lies beyond are probably all of the Ricks of only above average, average, and even low level intelligence. And probably even some dimensions where Ricks are like Jerrys and Jerrys are like Ricks. Ricks are no longer special, just one of the countless other identities that are spread infinitely across the universes.

Of course C-137 will always be a genius, but as we've seen lately he causes a lot of trouble and mess in his wake and people are starting to get sick of his shit. It'll be interesting if future seasons keep finding ways to cut him down to size until he no longer has much room for his pride and hubris by the time of the final season, just as an overarching moral to the show that no one, not even C-137, can escape the consequences of their actions.
good points. They can even reference back to the 'shit eating rick' from season 1 because thats the only example of a non-smart Rick we've seen.

Mr. Bung

kiwifarms.net
Hmm, no reply button...
@gaystoner:good points. They can even reference back to the 'shit eating rick' from season 1 because thats the only example of a non-smart Rick we've seen.

Funny thing is, I think Doofus Rick is actually one of the genius Ricks. For example he was shown making ovenless brownies instantaneously using nothing but a set of chemicals. He's probably not as smart as the others, but just makes the cut to be allowed into their little genius club while his lower intelligence, friendliness, and social weirdness allow for someone that other Ricks can laugh at and maybe put the blame on sometimes.

EDIT: Saw this in an ad and had to track it down. I know it's just part of the endless Rick and Morty product placement, but look at Jerry! Look how cute he looks holding the fruit! I feel bad now that I used to hate him a few years ago...
Screenshot 2021-09-06 at 23-27-10 Morty's.png

Last edited:

northstar747

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Justine doing solar opposites shows.

This season was weak because they did too many on earth episodes, the sperm, the turkeys, the decoys, mr nimbus, the go trons.

but when they break out shit like bird person, morty being the portal boys, and finally getting evil morty out, and in writing him out of the show.

Justine and Dan mentioned the idea of putting a secret into the show, and reddit guessed in 5 minutes. From a story point of view it makes sense to just not play those games, forget story arch just have character arch's etc.

Zarael

kiwifarms.net
Why'd they have the crow shit eat up the first 5 minutes of the episode? It was already worn out in the last episode there wasn't really any need to open the last episode with it especially when they desperately needed more time to fit everything in.

As for the episode itself it was ok but nothing mind blowing. Having Evil Morty just be a random Morty is a bit of a let down, I think most people were hoping he'd have some connection to C-137. It also leaves open the question why C-137 seems so much better at what he does than any other Rick to the point where he can effortlessly kill off thousands of copies of himself. It seems somewhat contradictory to have the main character be much more special when a main theme of the series is that nothing is special or unique or meaningful in an infinite multiverse.

Mr. Bung

kiwifarms.net
It also leaves open the question why C-137 seems so much better at what he does than any other Rick to the point where he can effortlessly kill off thousands of copies of himself. It seems somewhat contradictory to have the main character be much more special when a main theme of the series is that nothing is special or unique or meaningful in an infinite multiverse.
It's just a very common stock troupe in fictional shows and video games to have the main characters quickly take out many enemies in the heat of battle with barely a scratch to themselves, and I think in the case of R&M it even overrides the nihilistic message.

Stab You in the Back

kiwifarms.net
So the finale was just more of the same:
-sci-fi concepts pushed aside for pointless violence and 80s references
-constant meta commentary based on character relationships from the first two seasons
-a music montage that tries, and fails, to evoke sentimental feelings towards a character
-characters developed through half-assed psychoanalysis instead of their actions and experiences

Its a shame Evil Morty had to be sucked into this shit show of amateurish writing and lazy concepts. Fuck this show.

Pronouns: Xe/Xer
kiwifarms.net
Here's my impression of the episodes:
* Mort Dinner Rick Andre - SHIT - I liked the concept of a parallels universe where time moves faster, but the conclusion and the main story are trash. Episode feels like they are writing as they go along (this entire season does). If this guy was such a big deal (and Rick's nemesis) why was he not mentioned or hinted at before? The 'multiple universes' excuse and the 'that's the joke' excuse don't explain shit writing.
* Mortyplicity - GOOD - We see the side effects of a common sci-fi trope gone wrong, and it all goes down beautiful in a sea of guts and gore. It's what you expect from Rick and Morty and is a good episode overall.
* A Rickconvenient Mort - GOOD - The planetina plot was nice, but the Rick plot feels shoehorned in and out of character. It's like the writers don't know what Rick is anymore.
* Rickdependence Spray - SHIT - HAHAHA GIANT SPERM geddit? Where the meems at? This episode is shit.
* Amortycan Grickfitti - MEH - Honestly, this all feels forgetful, because the idea was good but the implementation felt rushed and boring. The ending sucked.
* Rick & Morty's Thanksploitation Spectacular - SHIT - HE TURNED HIMSELF INTO A TURKEY; needlesly convoluted plot and stupid solutions.
* Gotron Jerrysis Rickvangelion - SHIT - Nobody remembers the Power Rangers. Most forgetable.
* Rickternal Friendshine of the Spotless Mort - MEH - The reveal was good, but did we really need to go in depth into a side-character's backstory? A character that doesn't even appear that much to begin with? Could have done better with the whole 'inside someone else's mind' concept.
* Forgetting Sarick Mortshall - SHIT - This was just boring.
* Rickmurai Jack - MEH - This episode is too big to make sense and contradicts many past episodes, proving that this season is made up as it goes along. Feels rushed and like it was done just to please the fans.
Final score - FALLS FLAT ON ITS FACE - The show tries to have an overarching story but only takes 1 episode per season to forward it. They try to have a grander plot but fail miserably. Good ideas, but poor writing fucks it all up.

thegooddoctor

kiwifarms.net
Season 5 was honestly A mixed bag filled with some honestly great episodes, petered out with some of the worst I've seen from the show, I agree with @RumblyTumbly that this is overall a more entertaining season than 4 despite many episodes not being particularly funny and plagued with stupid or hackneyed story decisions, repetitive gags and tired character cliches. The gross out concepts don't honestly bother me the show has always been like that, I mean a 14 year old is nearly raped by a jellybean in S1 and has an old man frequently gets naked and literally fucks planets ,why are people so hung about it being excessive? Honestly the one aspect of the show I'd say has been consistently great and Is often overlooked Is the quality of the action scenes, they're always brilliantly animated and have amazing fight choreography (Season 4s Finale Rick vs Birdperson is a highlight) and are the main reason why I keep returning for each new season. Regardless of how I may feel about an episodes weak story and sub-par jokes, any action on screen is really amazingly directed, the animators and art designers behind the show are the most talented part of the crew bar none.

I think the biggest Issue Is that Dan Harmon and Justin Roiland aren't terribly creative people, they are amazing at tackling tired old science fiction concepts and making funny takes on popular cliches, but they suck at writing consistent characterisations and are very prone to putting gay politics and taking their Nihilistic 'Intellectual' writing (which originally was written as a joke) too seriously. The characters are so obsessed with being meta, and trying to be contrarian on every trope they experience that they in themselves have become parodies of themselves. ultimately I think the show would better off being a straight up Sci-Fi Action show, Instead of the loose Sci-Fi Pastiche Surreal Comedy it is, Final Space comes to mind.

Mr. Bung

kiwifarms.net
I think the biggest Issue Is that Dan Harmon and Justin Roiland aren't terribly creative people, they are amazing at tackling tired old science fiction concepts and making funny takes on popular cliches, but they suck at writing consistent characterisations and are very prone to putting gay politics and taking their Nihilistic 'Intellectual' writing (which originally was written as a joke) too seriously. The characters are so obsessed with being meta, and trying to be contrarian on every trope they experience that they in themselves have become parodies of themselves. ultimately I think the show would better off being a straight up Sci-Fi Action show, Instead of the loose Sci-Fi Pastiche Surreal Comedy it is, Final Space comes to mind.
I like Justin a lot more than Dan, I've heard Dan is mostly just a meddler that gets in Justin's way. A lot of justin's humor is like throwing shit at a wall to see what sticks and in what shapes, and then immediately improvising jokes around that. It often works surprisingly well imo.

Chilson

kiwifarms.net
Season 5 was honestly A mixed bag filled with some honestly great episodes, petered out with some of the worst I've seen from the show, I agree with @RumblyTumbly that this is overall a more entertaining season than 4 despite many episodes not being particularly funny and plagued with stupid or hackneyed story decisions, repetitive gags and tired character cliches. The gross out concepts don't honestly bother me the show has always been like that, I mean a 14 year old is nearly raped by a jellybean in S1 and has an old man frequently gets naked and literally fucks planets ,why are people so hung about it being excessive? Honestly the one aspect of the show I'd say has been consistently great and Is often overlooked Is the quality of the action scenes, they're always brilliantly animated and have amazing fight choreography (Season 4s Finale Rick vs Birdperson is a highlight) and are the main reason why I keep returning for each new season. Regardless of how I may feel about an episodes weak story and sub-par jokes, any action on screen is really amazingly directed, the animators and art designers behind the show are the most talented part of the crew bar none.

If you want to just see pure Justin, watch the solar opposites. Its basically R&M, but there is very little over arching story. Ignoring the wall people zoo, but I kind of like the wall zoo so its okay.

Its nothing amazing, but its honest and clearly something that Justin is just having fun with that is not meant to be taken seriously.