Rick and Morty Griefing Thread - Originally titled "Rick and Morty writer Jessica Gao, who wrote Pickle Rick, leaves show"

The handsome tard

RealHandsomeJack - Based HERO CEO of Hyperion
kiwifarms.net
My 13 year old nephew is rewatching this crap show and man, in retrospect, this show was leftist garbage even back in S1. The third episode "Anatomy Park" is just painful to rewatch, especially with the poly relationship subplot with Jerry acting like a "selfish dick".

It also doesnt help that the humor of this show somehow feels more inmature than ever now on rewatch...I dont know, it just feels so unbearable now, maybe its me knowing how even worse it gets or maybe its because I actually know of the leftist politics that the creators love to preach about it. It doesnt help that the show just feels like their power fantasy, especially in latter seasons.

...oh and the memes are fucking cancer, Im sorry but they are. It honestly cant end sooner...

Aqua Teen Hunger Force died for this shit... *sigh*

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
My 13 year old nephew is rewatching this crap show and man, in retrospect, this show was leftist garbage even back in S1. The third episode "Anatomy Park" is just painful to rewatch, especially with the poly relationship subplot with Jerry acting like a "selfish dick".

It also doesnt help that the humor of this show somehow feels more inmature than ever now on rewatch...I dont know, it just feels so unbearable now, maybe its me knowing how even worse it gets or maybe its because I actually know of the leftist politics that the creators love to preach about it. It doesnt help that the show just feels like their power fantasy, especially in latter seasons.

...oh and the memes are fucking cancer, Im sorry but they are. It honestly cant end sooner...

Aqua Teen Hunger Force died for this shit... *sigh*
I think the show is fondly remembered by some episodes with nice sci-fi ideas (the car battery one) and for making idiots feel smart.

Also is it just me or is nobody talking about the new season? Not even any shitty memes.

The handsome tard

kiwifarms.net
I think the show is fondly remembered by some episodes with nice sci-fi ideas (the car battery one) and for making idiots feel smart.

Also is it just me or is nobody talking about the new season? Not even any shitty memes.
Thats because the show lost a lot of fans after the extremely mediocre S3. Ironically, a series about hardcore nihilism kind gets exaustive when the show paradoxically gives you no reason to watch it. If nothing matters, why one should care to watch it?
Besides, it doesnt help that once you open your eyes and see the subtext, especially the political ones, it gets so cringy...and kind of creepy when you see that the creators obviously are meant to be Rick while Jerry is suppose to be people they dont like, like the everyday family man that holds values like morals, family and religion.
S4 is just enjoyed by the usual suspects, I doubt the show can maintain itself from edgy children and adults with the mind of children for very long.

Fuck that show.

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
Thats because the show lost a lot of fans after the extremely mediocre S3. Ironically, a series about hardcore nihilism kind gets exaustive when the show paradoxically gives you no reason to watch it. If nothing matters, why one should care to watch it?
Besides, it doesnt help that once you open your eyes and see the subtext, especially the political ones, it gets so cringy...and kind of creepy when you see that the creators obviously are meant to be Rick while Jerry is suppose to be people they dont like, like the everyday family man that holds values like morals, family and religion.
S4 is just enjoyed by the usual suspects, I doubt the show can maintain itself from edgy children and adults with the mind of children for very long.

Fuck that show.
I don't think the creators initially wanted for Rick to be seen as cool but changed their minds when they saw how popular he was (heck, I don't think they are still sure about it). You are right that Jerry is always portrayed negatively despite consistently having a point about Rick being a danger. I think the show just run out of ideas and just rehashes old concepts because the writers are afraid to change the status quo.

The handsome tard

kiwifarms.net
I don't think the creators initially wanted for Rick to be seen as cool but changed their minds when they saw how popular he was (heck, I don't think they are still sure about it). You are right that Jerry is always portrayed negatively despite consistently having a point about Rick being a danger. I think the show just run out of ideas and just rehashes old concepts because the writers are afraid to change the status quo.
S1 and 2 at least showed Rick as a miserable sack of shit for the most part. He was miserable. S3, however, changed that. It went from Rick and Morty to Rick and Rickies. The whole family became a bunch of "intellectual" Rickies (minus Jerry because we have to beat the dead horse joke that he is miserable).
Also I will be brutally honest...the creators and writers of the show just arent creative. its the same problem with Community, there was a good start and signs of actual effort (tho I think it was sort of undeservingly popular even back then) but then it dropped everything for the status quo and lol jokes! Justin Roiland and Dan Harmon just arent that creative people in the long run, they can do jokes but characterization clearly isnt their strongest skill. I think the whole show was built on improv jokes they decided to put a plot around it but they could only maintain this guise for so long until their lack of creativity and political bias began to show its ugly face.

Stab You in the Back

kiwifarms.net

Ratings have collapsed down to season 1 levels. I think the multi-year long breaks and short seasons really killed any momentum the show had. If your target audience is high school kids, you shouldn't hold your dicks in your hands while they age out of the show.

Damn Near

It's lovely to be here, thank you for having me
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
oddly enough, up here in nyc i see tons of black and latin kids wearing Rick and Morty 'Sprayground' graphic backpacks

The handsome tard

kiwifarms.net

Ratings have collapsed down to season 1 levels. I think the multi-year long breaks and short seasons really killed any momentum the show had. If your target audience is high school kids, you shouldn't hold your dicks in your hands while they age out of the show.

It also doesn't help when the show has a very passive aggressive nature with its viewers, like they are insulting you under their breath while they are making lame jokes. Hell, I remember how S3 had a lot Build up with the family actually going to go risk it all to save him from prison....until APARENTLY it turned out that this was all part of Rick's cartoonishly overly complicated but somehow "genius" plan to restore the status quo. It ruined the season 2 finale while setting the stage for what tô expects from the rest of this season. It pulled a TLJ on us, where it almost seems to be mocking all the theories and investiment on the cliffhanger ending...like they got bitter that fan theories are better than what's they came you with that they throw away the board and tell you to go Fuck yourself.
It's just one of the many reasons The show is falling apart, you shit on your fans and surprise surprise, they will leave.

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
I watched the fifth episode and it's very big meh.

There aren't any real jokes except references that are a substitute for jokes (including references to earlier episodes), there isn't any character developement or insight. Even the idea itself of a slightly different civilization the duo fucks over was already done in the first seasons.