Ripping videos from Twitter and Youtube -

MarvinTheParanoidAndroid

This will all end in tears, I just know it.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The future fate of KF notwithstanding, until its possible termination, I believe that KF still has a place as a platform for free speech and that we serve in small part as an archival force of sorts. We can host videos that Youtube would purge with the response time of the Eye of Sauron, & Twitter is a labyrinthine shithole that's near impossible to navigate for source footage. I used to have a trick for downloading videos from Twitter where I would just use the mobile version of the site since the videos were completely unprotected in that instance. Now Twitter is using blob code for both desktop and mobile and I can't get any footage from it. The latest video I tried to rip to no avail was this one:

The one of the white guy getting beaten by a black guy at a Macy's in Flint Michigan. Of course there's already a clone on Bitchute, only problem is that it's been adulterated with a race baiting title card in the title and the beginning.

My problem with this is that it damages its archival value by tainting the truth of the video by trying to slant your view of it before the video even starts, which is made all the worse by the emergence literal book burning and destroying statues. So now I'm looking for possible methods of ripping videos from Twitter and Youtube, does anyone have any recommendations?

Ben Garrison

Got a life sentence, when I shot a Jew
kiwifarms.net
What you can do to rip is get the m3u8 from the xhr request unless you just want to use youtube-dl which should covert most of it

MarvinTheParanoidAndroid

This will all end in tears, I just know it.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Been playing around with youtube-dl and I'm loving it so far. Too bad I can't get private videos though, something of a shortcoming imo, unless there happens to be a workaround for that. Otherwise, this is great.

Vecr

"nanoposts with 90° spatial rotational symmetries"
kiwifarms.net
Been playing around with youtube-dl and I'm loving it so far. Too bad I can't get private videos though, something of a shortcoming imo, unless there happens to be a workaround for that. Otherwise, this is great.
Only if you have an account that can access those videos normally, then you can pass something to yt-dl to make that happen.

Tags
None