Roadkill

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.
Anybody eat it? I'm interested but I wouldn't know what to do with it, and usually any roadkill you happen across is already rotting.

Snakes, while not exactly roadkill, are also of interest. There are many times when you have to kill a snake in the yard and it seems like a waste to let nature's sausage rot in the weeds.

Here's some videos to stimulate the conversation.

Sīn the Moon Daddy

🌛
kiwifarms.net
Nah.

It might be one thing if I hit an elk or something, since then at least I could get some steak in exchange for a totalled car but not if it was just some random animal laying about

The common sorts of roadkill animals being scavengers brings the desirability of the meat down considerably. I'm aware that some wild country motherfuckers eat possums but fuck that.

nagant 1895

kiwifarms.net
I think its against the law to take Deer home with you if killed by a car. It counts as hunting so even if it was deer season and you had a permit it would still be with a weapon not permitted by law. That being said, one time I did accidentally run over an alligator snapping turtle and got out with the intention of eating it, but he hissed at me and turtle walked away. Turtle soup is delicious and massively underrated.

Half-Blood Princess

YOUS AMS DILDOS SKWISGAAR
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I wouldn’t. The chance of cooking it and finding worms inside is too high. Lots of cheap/poor people eat it though.

break these cuffs

Piping Hot Breadsticks for everyone!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've eaten roadkill deer and squirrel. Counties in my state maintain a dibs list for struck deer and moose. You can't just take it if you hit it. The cops are called and then they go down the call list until someone answers. Depending on where it and how hard it was hit, my buddy got one that was just struck in the head, you can expect to lose some meat due to muscle trauma. What sucks is if the intestines or stomach burst. There is a lot of talk about meat taint, and while I think a lot of it is overhyped, I would toss meat that had been sitting around in digestive juices for an hour or two before I got there. The only times I've eaten roadkill squirrel, squirrel is delicious btw similar to rabbit, is a couple times where just the head was struck and the body was perfect. Most animals that end up roadkill aren't going to have enough meat and are going to have sustained too much trauma to make it worth it imo. I'd only eat small game that I hit.

I've only eaten rattlesnake in a restaurant. I remember it being delicious, but not really what it tasted like. I was pretty young.

P

PL 001

kiwifarms.net
Outta write a roadkill recipe book.

Shake n bake snake
Kitty cat cold cuts
Boiled Beagle
Poached possum

You could be the Paula Dean of deep fried 'Dillo, OP.

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net
I think its against the law to take Deer home with you if killed by a car. It counts as hunting so even if it was deer season and you had a permit it would still be with a weapon not permitted by law. That being said, one time I did accidentally run over an alligator snapping turtle and got out with the intention of eating it, but he hissed at me and turtle walked away. Turtle soup is delicious and massively underrated.
In my State it's legal, you just have to wait for the cops to get there (assuming you're the one to hit it) when they write up the paperwork for you to give to your insurance. They fill out a tag that doesn't count against you as far as hunting goes, and makes it legal to butcher it even out of season. My family hasn't taken any deer we've hit (three in my life) but somebody always stops and asks if we want it or if they can take it once the cop signs the tag. So it's been nice to know that the meat hasn't gone to waste.

This is only applicable if it's dead right then and there, if it's winged but runs off no deal, or if it's hit by a semi that didn't notice and left, no deal.