Careercow Robert Chipman / Bob / Moviebob / "Movieblob" - Middle-Aged Consoomer, CWC with a Thesaurus, Ardent Male Feminist and Superior Futurist, the Twice-Fired, the Mario-Worshipper, publicly dismantled by Hot Dog Girl, coping poorly

• Emails (registration / password reset) appear to be working; be sure to check spam.

What's next for Bob Chipman?

• Total voters

Bolo

kiwifarms.net
I can't believe I'm saying this, but Bob makes a really good point here.

Too bad that isn't Robert's own point of view, he is merely borrowing it from the TV/Hollywood "safe left" take. There is a new current going that now it is okay of making fun of progressive subjects, if the the point is to make fun of the cynical fashion big media/entertainment conglomerates use minorities and LGBTQs shit for superficial pandering platitudes.

SNL just made a sketch about that... not really a sketch really, more like a quick dig at the middle of a song, but the trend is, it is okay to point that out, even if it smells of cheap lampshade bullshit.

So now Robert is just following the "right side of history", It is another one of Robert's curious traits, for all the opinions and hot takes he has, if you pay attention, most of his positions are what can be called "safe left", a broad and non committing stance of agreement of all progressive issues, mening that democrats yay, republican boo, and you are pro everything except guns and religion.

In short "safe left" is all the opinions you see hollywood stars spew so they don't lose their jobs.

And that is what Robert follows. His more extreme opinions only come in this weird self-service "rationalization" of the workings of the world, you know, the Thinkers VS belivers superior future crap. That shit is a 100% Robert, and is because there is nothing Robert loves more than to fancy himself as the evolved thinker of the future, and the main reason why he just can't help himself on twitter.

Otherwise? You could say Robert is quite the basic bitch in terms of politics, if you watch Jimmy Kimmel or check out AOC's instagram, you would know what Robert has to say about pretty much any subject.

Bolo

kiwifarms.net
Sorry bout the double post.

IIRC there was a conscious decision not to do tie-in comics or even comic adaptations of the movies, due to a combination of rivalry between the comic and movie division (egged on by Bendis annoying the fuck out of the movie people in hopes of getting his backlog of rejected non-cape screenplays made into movies to the point that it led to them kicking Bendis and the rest of the comic people to the curb production-wise) and the comic side figuring that it was best to not do explicit tie-ins after the clusterfuck that was the Bayverse Transformers movie comics, which were constantly in a state of retcon due to the comic writers having their stories invalidated by each subsequent Bay movie.

I think another reason why Marvel never tried to tie their comics to movies is that they sorta tried to do that before, with Spiderman back when the Reimi movies were coming out and they gave Peter organic web shooters like in the movie.

Obviously everybody hated that, not to mention that the storyline that introduced the organic shooters was kinda wack, with the whole Ezekiel and the Spider-totem nonsese, which is a real shame, because I really liked the straczynski/Romita run otherwise... till, you know, the one more day shit, but seems like Straczynski was forced to do it, and whatever, at this point who cares.

But they sorta tried to get Spiderman to be closer to the movies, only to get back to the mechanical webshooters after, Brand new day? (I'm lazy, and i already googled how to spell "Straczynski").

After that I think they gave up having any movie continuity into their stuff. What marvel comics does get from from the MCU are the new personalities for their characters and the dialogue, that JUST DOESN'T WORK with a charismatic actor isn't delivering it, and that is why Current Marvel comics is populated solely by jagoffs.

Last edited:

Caustic Gelatin

Cleans all those hard-to-reach places!
kiwifarms.net
I just watched it hoping that it would make sense of this
View attachment 2197305
and was of course disappointed. The video is just some woman strutting down the stairs, doing a twirl at the bottom and tittering all sexy like. I don't even think this chick is in the movie, and I'm so dead inside of capeshit that I don't even care to find out, which makes it even more nonsensical. Hell, it's actually fitting because the trailer itself doesn't even make sense.
I am so sick of this constant use of old songs starting off as the original song then getting mutilated into a sad piano version or a cacophony of orchestral or dubstep bullshit. I swear there was a trailer from less than 5 years ago that used Skeeter Davis's End of the World in a far more appropriate way than this movie. Why is this melodramatic song about a teenage break up given this full, hopeful and optimistic orchestral remix for a movie that's seems to be focus on building up? Not once in the entire trailer is there even a HINT of a threat. I guess this is the future we all chose when we didn't pan and bully The Avengers 2 enough...
At one point the trailer shows The Eternals(tm) magic-ing some water and corn out of their ass in a barren wasteland for the puny humans. A female voice over has this to say over that segment
EDIT:
*There is the possibility that the woman says "We have watched and guided." but even if that's the case it still doesn't make a lick of sense due to the "we have never interfered" part. The whole monologue is breathy and spaced out so exact punctuation and sentence structure is difficult to parse out.

So what fucking is it lady? Did you interfere or not? Oh shit, I'm sorry. You said you didn't guide them. That's my mistake. Clearly I'm not evolved enough to be able to fathom how you can help someone progress to the point where they can accomplish wonder without giving them any guidance or interfering. And woe unto you who dare balk and call out the faults in the wonderous gifts bestowed upon us by the Mouse for ye will be met with this drivel.
View attachment 2197344
This account that Bob retweeted, I don't know anything about them but I'm guessing they're a tranny because it's a safe assumption at this point, has done nothing but squeed about MCU garbage buy using shitty canned reaction videos from something called Reaction Videos, or clapped back at people point out things that they didn't like or don't make sense, not even to him, with "don't care don't care". The caricature is so on the nose that my mind struggles with processing it as anything other than parody. There's not a shred of intellect to be found. It gets thrown around a lot these past few years but it does feel like we're on the cusp of entering Idiocracy.
I know these are dumb sci-fi films that are just excuses for bad costumes and flashy CG effects but man am I sick of the trope that ancient man were too stupid to wipe their own ass without some aliens beaming down from outer space in order to teach them how. For fuck's sake agriculture has been advancing for the entirety of human history and every culture has come up with all sorts of ways to develop new tools, crops, and techniques in order to better cultivate plants and animals. Just kinda salts my rice when people shit on the ingenuity past man as they use all the science and technology you take advantage of today.
I can only assume that people like Bob like this trope because they view science like a tech tree in a video game. As long as you pump in enough science juice and money then you get betterer science! Those aliens are better than us because they unlocked way more of the science tech tree!

Oh man, those humans haven't even developed the technology to float a foot off the ground with shiny CGI effects! How embarrassing!

MirrorNoir

Un, deux, trois, dit miroir noir
kiwifarms.net
Sorry bout the double post.

I think another reason why Marvel never tried to tie their comics to movies is that they sorta tried to do that before, with Spiderman back when the Reimi movies were coming out and they gave Peter organic web shooters like in the movie.

Obviously everybody hated that, not to mention that the storyline that introduced the organic shooters was kinda wack, with the whole Ezekiel and the Spider-totem nonsese, which is a real shame, because I really liked the straczynski/Romita run otherwise... till, you know, the one more day shit, but seems like Straczynski was forced to do it, and whatever, at this point who cares.

But they sorta tried to get Spiderman to be closer to the movies, only to get back to the mechanical webshooters after, Brand new day? (I'm lazy, and i already googled how to spell "Straczynski").

After that I think they gave up having any movie continuity into their stuff. What marvel comics does get from from the MCU are the new personalities for their characters and the dialogue, that JUST DOESN'T WORK with a charismatic actor isn't delivering it, and that is why Current Marvel comics is populated solely by jagoffs.
Actually the organic webshooters came during Avengers Disassembled (in a story that had NOTHING to do with that shit sandwich story but was slapped with the logo for a cheap sales boost). Also, it was Paul Jenkins who wrote the story in question, not JMS, though the story had links to the infamous "magic spider bite" plotline JMS kept shilling in the main book, much to the horror of fans.

And reaction to the move to organic webbing was met with blah than actual hate, due to the way that Marvel underplayed the change with how they did it. IE tossing it into Paul Jenkin's book which by that point was a zombie cash grab book where nothing important happened and where Jenkins was forced to do any and all movie tie-in stories that Marvel was mandating so that JMS could do whatever he want with zero movie synergy stuff interrupting his work, especially since outside a Doc Octopus and Green Goblin via flashback story, JMS was largely disdainful of Peter's rogue gallery and barely touched them/used them in favor of his totem OCs, Loki, Doctor Doom, Dr Strange villains, and more OCs galore.

Bolo

kiwifarms.net
Actually the organic webshooters came during Avengers Disassembled (in a story that had NOTHING to do with that shit sandwich story but was slapped with the logo for a cheap sales boost). Also, it was Paul Jenkins who wrote the story in question, not JMS, though the story had links to the infamous "magic spider bite" plotline JMS kept shilling in the main book, much to the horror of fans.

And reaction to the move to organic webbing was met with blah than actual hate, due to the way that Marvel underplayed the change with how they did it. IE tossing it into Paul Jenkin's book which by that point was a zombie cash grab book where nothing important happened and where Jenkins was forced to do any and all movie tie-in stories that Marvel was mandating so that JMS could do whatever he want with zero movie synergy stuff interrupting his work, especially since outside a Doc Octopus and Green Goblin via flashback story, JMS was largely disdainful of Peter's rogue gallery and barely touched them/used them in favor of his totem OCs, Loki, Doctor Doom, Dr Strange villains, and more OCs galore.

You are right, man I was way off, I could have sworm Peter got the organic stuff from the Spider-totem storyline, with all the "become the spider, the hunter" bullshit, but it was way later, and it was on 2004's Spetacular SM, which I went to take a look, and now I remember why I never read it, Humberto Ramos art... no thanks.

And soon I would drop Amazing Spideman as well... Sins Past... And after that One more Day. Goddamn, looking back now, fucking Quesada hated Spiderman huh? Jesus the 2000's were rough for Peter.

Anyway, thanks man for the correction.

Pokemonquistador2

Electric Boogaloo
kiwifarms.net
I know these are dumb sci-fi films that are just excuses for bad costumes and flashy CG effects but man am I sick of the trope that ancient man were too stupid to wipe their own ass without some aliens beaming down from outer space in order to teach them how. For fuck's sake agriculture has been advancing for the entirety of human history and every culture has come up with all sorts of ways to develop new tools, crops, and techniques in order to better cultivate plants and animals. Just kinda salts my rice when people shit on the ingenuity past man as they use all the science and technology you take advantage of today.
I can only assume that people like Bob like this trope because they view science like a tech tree in a video game. As long as you pump in enough science juice and money then you get betterer science! Those aliens are better than us because they unlocked way more of the science tech tree!

Oh man, those humans haven't even developed the technology to float a foot off the ground with shiny CGI effects! How embarrassing!
Fedoratippers like Bob like the "Ancient Aliens/Chariots of the Gods" origin for humanity because it discounts the Book of Genesis. It's also a favorite trope of science fiction writers because it explains why all of the rubber foreheaded aliens on Planet Grok look vaguely human and can have hybrid babies - turns out ALL sentient species in the universe have the same progenitor. (Just ignore the fact that all species on Earth technically come from the same progenitor DNA and humans still can only mate with other humans -or other branches of the human family like Neanderthals.)

I'd say the only franchise to do anything interesting with the "Ancient Aliens" idea was Evangelion, and only because it had the Precursor Race seeding the universe with two kinds of life - Eldritch beings and normal humans, with both crashlanding on the same planet: Earth. (Well, one landed here normally and the other crashlanded, to be specific.)

REGENDarySumanai

Randy Time!
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Fedoratippers like Bob like the "Ancient Aliens/Chariots of the Gods" origin for humanity because it discounts the Book of Genesis. It's also a favorite trope of science fiction writers because it explains why all of the rubber foreheaded aliens on Planet Grok look vaguely human and can have hybrid babies - turns out ALL sentient species in the universe have the same progenitor. (Just ignore the fact that all species on Earth technically come from the same progenitor DNA and humans still can only mate with other humans -or other branches of the human family like Neanderthals.)

I'd say the only franchise to do anything interesting with the "Ancient Aliens" idea was Evangelion, and only because it had the Precursor Race seeding the universe with two kinds of life - Eldritch beings and normal humans, with both crashlanding on the same planet: Earth. (Well, one landed here normally and the other crashlanded, to be specific.)
Despite the fact that humans evolved from primates.

Bolo

kiwifarms.net
Does anyone really care about the eternals?

Venom 2 is the only marvel movie I'm actually excited to see.
No, even in the comics talks, The Eternals are taken more as a footnote in Marvel's history as it was Jack kirby's last work for them than the actual story and characters, which weren't really all that good nor memorable, as Kirby was mainly re-using ideas he worked on before. However the comics don't matter in the least anymore.

Regardless, the same could be said about the Guardian of the galaxy, no one cared, but with a clever script and enough exposure, I don't see why Eternals can't be a hit as well. I know a lot of people want to see Disny/marvel fail, but they do employ the best talent around, and while I have zero desire to watch any of these movies anymore, it would be foolish to deny the mass apeal they still hold on audiences.

So who knows at this point, if I had to bet I would say these movies are too big to fail right now, the movie will be a hit by pure momentum, now if Eternal will add to said momentum, then i would say no, and if these next movies also fail to raise the bar in terms of captivating a larger and new audience, then Disney might have some trouble ahead.

Positron

Ran, Bob Ran!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Support my Patreon, but whether I deliver my promise or not depends on the "headspace" I'm in.
7457.png

E2MlUbNXoAUgy15.jpg

7457.png

7457.png

7457.png

Now I'm 100% sure this she/they thing is a man.
E2Ko9WwWQAgMAnI.jpg E2HOKRDXIAAFjU5.jpg

RockVolnutt

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Saw the trailer and it seems to be a bastardization of what the Eternals are. Life still evolved normally but pre-humans were genetically modified by the Celestials around the time of Homo Erectus which left the seed for different kinds of super people. Eternals just happened to be one group of god-men who kept to themselves until having a civil war with a group of them fucking off to Titan, Saturn's moon, and the rest being confused for Greek gods whenever they did something (Greek Gods were real too though). Biggest thing they do is fight off the Deviants who are the unstable creations and the source of some monster stories from when they dominated mankind.

Celestials.jpg

The MCU's versions are coming off as more smug puppet masters who are behind every development on Earth which is both off and only going to distance the audience from these characters even more. I'm not looking forward to seeing how this whole thing goes over. Though like others have said, a lot of the creators of Kirby after he returned to Marvel aren't very good but still shouldn't be morphed into this.

If you're going to ask why the Celestials did the experiments that created these groups like the Eternals, read the 2016 Ultimates because it's actually a good book. Basically the Celestials are the creation of a lonely god who they betrayed and took away his power. The entire multiverse is actually a science experiment to see what conditions will cause life to transcend to the level they are and if it doesn't happen, they just wipe the slate clean and start over with a new tweak. We're on the 8th, formerly 7th, cycle of creation which is allegedly the one that will succeed. This is also probably why the multiverse is home to countless variants of the same people.

Different cycles had different themes than the current "super genetics" one like the previous focusing even harder on the sci-fi (the mortal who became Galactus is from here) and the one before that was full of eldritch magic.

Last edited:

Positron

Ran, Bob Ran!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Bobby applauds at dementia patient getting mental stimulation:
Untitled.png
Peppa Pig is such a killjoy.

Capitol 06/01:
7969696900-.png
I don't know why, but whenever a shemale explains people's fetishes, I listen.

Untitled.png

0o[]i].png

Texas is trying to prevent public schools teachers teaching current events. Bobby should be happy because this is exactly what China orders teachers in Hong Kong.
jhhj.png

No idea:
79.png

+ + + +
79.png

Untitled.png
As if Washington Post and movie criticism weren't obsolete already.

Bobby hates James Bond being associated with Amazon's rumored accquisition of MGM; he dreads that very soon people won't need to go to cinemas to watch the latest Bond films:
Untitled.png

Bobby admits that MCU has been exploiting their "creators":
Untitled.png

The Eternals. Needless to say Bobby would wax philosophical about the trailer.
Untitled.png

MCU again broke new ground by casting a 50-something latina woman:
79.png

Incoherent rant to the bro who disses the casting of The Eternals.
Untitled.png

Nash isn't exactly thrilled about The Eternals.
569569.png

gkgll.png

DC:
3460p-8970.png

870870.png
What is Lindsay Lohan's politics? If she were a pedophile I'd blame her stint as a "child star" in Disney.

lhj;lhi.png

Untitled.png

56485.png
Oh Bobby, you'd always be the cutest ugly thing I've ever seen.

Jetpack Himmler

Self-loathing Millennial
kiwifarms.net
The first image that comes to mind when I hear Chris say' "headspace" is an empty room because it's obvious that he doesn't have a lot going on upstairs.

As for Bob salivating over Eternals, he truly is getting excited over nothing isn't he? As much as I loathe to admit it, Nash is 100% right in saying that Marvel is not selling the film at all. Bob is too much of a knuckle-dragging consoomer to realize that it was tedious and mundane.

WEEWOOManiac90

Life has many doors, Ed-Boy!
kiwifarms.net
Eternals: "We didn't interfere until now"
Thanos: *Literally wiped entire planets clean, eliminated a ship load of refugees from Asgard, eliminated half of life in the universe and probably ending thousands of endangered species and was only reversed by time BS*
Eternals: *latte sipping intensifies*

Bob is literally the most "consoom' person I have ever seen. Sure, Marvel has some pretty decent stuff, but he's just so OBSESSED that he can't point out the obvious problems. Hell, CHRIS CHAN thought Sonic Boom, a series that he worshiped his entire life was awful even though it was a stupid reason.