Careercow Robert Chipman / Bob / Moviebob / "Movieblob" - Middle-Aged Consoomer, CWC with a Thesaurus, Ardent Male Feminist and Superior Futurist, the Twice-Fired, the Mario-Worshipper, publicly dismantled by Hot Dog Girl, coping poorly

What's next for Bob Chipman?

• Total voters

Positron

Ran, Bob Ran!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
cvd.png

cvd.png

Shit. These are sub- TV Tropes Wild Mass Guessing bullshit. No wonder they thought MovieBob would be an asset to them.

RockVolnutt

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Loki. Bobby imagines the archvillain to be the femme fatale, the one that sex-starved nerds like him made Rule 34 for.
View attachment 2248026
"Merged Marvel and the Ultraverse"

Bob, I am begging you, read what the hell you're talking about. This not only didn't happen, there's literally nothing in the story he's talking about that could be misread as that. In fact, the Ultraverse universe and characters are generally ignored as Malibu gave their creators royalties which Marvel does not want to pay.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2249229
View attachment 2249230

Shit. These are sub- TV Tropes Wild Mass Guessing bullshit. No wonder they thought MovieBob would be an asset to them.
I only know Matt Pat for having the most unlistenable voice I've heard in a while and for getting trolled by the guy who makes Five Nights at Freddies for doing Blue Curtain brain dead analyses that only speds like Movie Bob and children like.

I'm amused he still found a way to get fired. It was probably one of his more spree-killer/genocidal screaming fits on twitter that did it. Either that or he just got too drunk and twittering to do his job and missed deadlines.
"Merged Marvel and the Ultraverse"

Bob, I am begging you, read what the hell you're talking about. This not only didn't happen, there's literally nothing in the story he's talking about that could be misread as that. In fact, the Ultraverse universe and characters are generally ignored as Malibu gave their creators royalties which Marvel does not want to pay.
I glazed over it, but looking at Bob's little tard out, it's blatantly obvious he googled the Infinity Stones from the movie to try and desperately flex that he totally is a realpeople nerd and not a smoothbrained poseur who uses crib notes and has thesaurus.com on hand at all times because he was called stupid as a child. A lot. By his peers.

TopTierHealer

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2249229
View attachment 2249230

At least WMG were ridiculous enough to get a chuckle out of you. This is dumb enough that an 8 year old would call on your bulshit. Then again, Bob wanted to add Paradise Lost to the Care Bears. Not because there's any fucking connection but because his smoothbrain thought: this is a topic for grown ups but I can't be bothered to read; let's pretend a cartoon for toddlers can have Paradise Lost subtext.

Remember when he tried to pitch the idea that Forrest Gump was a Christ analogy? And when he got called out on it being a dumb take he spent 20 tweets explaining himself?

Tronathon242

kiwifarms.net
At least WMG were ridiculous enough to get a chuckle out of you. This is dumb enough that an 8 year old would call on your bulshit. Then again, Bob wanted to add Paradise Lost to the Care Bears. Not because there's any fucking connection but because his smoothbrain thought: this is a topic for grown ups but I can't be bothered to read; let's pretend a cartoon for toddlers can have Paradise Lost subtext.

Remember when he tried to pitch the idea that Forrest Gump was a Christ analogy? And when he got called out on it being a dumb take he spent 20 tweets explaining himself?
He has absolutely no filter and no way of being able to explain himself succinctly. Now, I'm sure we've watched a film and come up with some take we thought was amazing. The difference is, we may realize that it's stupid once we think it over. Bobert is so enamored with his own perceived brilliance that he won't rethink anything he says. He'll either make the conversation so convoluted to try and make his point look smart or delete what he said in a vain attempt to avoid embarrassment.

The tired cat

Fluffy angel of death
kiwifarms.net
Hm, getting canned twice from Escapist and now possibly from Film Theory, I see fatboy ia making headway. Speaking of which, a buddy on mine discord told me how one time their film professor brought up Bobo as a legit source of movie knowledge and even showed his videos in class, including the Magneto one where he agreed with Bobos comments

Sexy Senior Citizen

What's the big deal? It's called a fetish!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
To finalize, Bob and his ilk seem to think that the entire world abides by Western political values and that the "great" debates that happen in the West also happens in the rest of the world, wich couldn't be further from the truth, the world outside of the West is much more socially conservative and religious and things like "gay rights" are seen like a joke.
For all their bleating about how enlightened and intelligent they are, Bob and his ilk have a startlingly Amerocentric view of the world (understandable, given that most don't travel outside the US, and the ones that do either spend that time on their phones or only in areas the tour guides want them in.) They literally cannot fathom what other people live like; they have no frame of reference beyond their flickering screens. And what they see on those screens is tightly controlled by big corporations.

This reminds me a bit of 1984 (yes, I know the parallels between that book and Bob are old; bear with me.) In the book, the citizens of Oceania are ignorant of anyone outside of Oceania, and this is deliberately kept in place by the Party. Interaction with foreigners is kept to a minimum (in the form of servants or POWs) because, if an Oceanian was allowed even a single cordial meeting with a foreigner, they would realize that foreigners are no different from them. Bob and company isolate themselves from people who might think differently from them, and in doing so are able to construct a caricature in their head of what these Others are like. Thus, when Bob talks about nuking the midwest from orbit, he's not referring to the Midwest as it actually is- he's referring to the image he's built up inside his head (God only knows how hellish that image is.)

The roots are put down deeply enough that Bob will never see the mayo ghouls as anything but mayo ghouls, no matter how much he learned. Though, it'd be amusing to see Bob learn how many obsoletes like Bing Bing Wahoo; Bob would probably have a heart attack at the revelation.

Positron

Ran, Bob Ran!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
For all their bleating about how enlightened and intelligent they are, Bob and his ilk have a startlingly Amerocentric view of the world
Let's say they have a simulacra of an American-centric view of the world, distorted by pop culture, shitty journalism, and their own obsessions.

it'd be amusing to see Bob learn how many obsoletes like Bing Bing Wahoo; Bob would probably have a heart attack at the revelation.
He'll find some bullshit point to distinguish himself from the proles. The ghouls may like Mario, but can they wax philosophical about the dialectics of power structure of the Mushroom Kingdom? Or explain how World 6-3 a metonymy of Derridean différance? Unlike the kid who queued with Bobby and asked his parent, "This big guy likes Mario too?", Bobby would ask instead, "How dare someone who knows so little about Mario queue with a true intellectual like me!"

Last edited:

Woe-B-Gon (TM)

I'm being subverted by an anime avatar, plz hlp
kiwifarms.net
My hunch is that it is not so much "male power fantasy" as good, symmetrical composition.
It's also a trick for making something look bigger when verticality is limited. If you have a vertical framing you can certainly have the subject standing with wenches grasping at / enemies dying at his feet. But if it's horizonal (like our TVs and film screens) you just can't do it - most of the guys in those shots would be out of frame if they stood up so you'd have to pull back and show more background. Instead, you sit the subject down and get close so he fills the frame. I'm sure if there was a supine pose that conveyed the idea of power they'd use that more to cater to widescreen TVs, but it's hard to look powerful when you're flat on your back.

Not related but it's also used in statuary like Zeus at Olympia (and its obvious descendant, Lincoln in Washington), because doing a big free-standing statue is hard but a seated one can be huge and everyone will look at it and think "If he stood up he'd be a giant!", giving most of the effect of a standing statue with a lot less effort.

It's a tool like any other. Funny he calls it a male power fantasy when so many "male power fantasies" are action shots. Ask someone to think of Superman and they won't plant him on a throne, they'll have him flying or punching or both. Maybe standing in a heroic pose. But certainly not parked on his super-ass.

Woe-B-Gon (TM)

I'm being subverted by an anime avatar, plz hlp
kiwifarms.net
Usually I can translate, but that didn't really make sense to me either. Truck drivers kept the economy going, yes, but janitors just did what they always do and food workers were getting fucked left and right by Saint Fauci, Pope of Science and his delightful gang of psychotic, overcontrolling governors. Honestly. it just comes off as more leftist "WE RESPECT THE WORKING CLASS FOR REALS YOU GUYS!!!!" bullshit (nothing in there about farmers or fabricators though, hmm...).
Janitors in offices (what offices haven't been working from home) have been doing more sterilizing of doorknobs and such. "Food workers" then implies Doordash / Uber Eats drivers, because I strongly suspect the writer is your typical urban bumpkin - never crossed the ring road and never will.

NynchLiggers

kiwifarms.net
He'll find some bullshit point to distinguish himself from the proles. The ghouls may like Mario, but can they wax philosophical about the dialectics of power structure of the Mushroom Kingdom? Is World 6-3 a metonymy of Derridean différance? Unlike the kid who queued with Bobby and asked his parent, "This big guy likes Mario too?", Bobby would ask instead, "How dare someone who knows so little about Mario queue with a true intellectual like me!"
He will devolve pseudo-philosophy if a ghoul actually knows more about Bing Bing Wahoo than him, considering his obsession with it has less to do with the character and universe himself, and more about escapism.