Careercow Robert Chipman / Bob / Moviebob / "Movieblob" - Middle-Aged Consoomer, CWC with a Thesaurus, Ardent Male Feminist and Superior Futurist, the Twice-Fired, the Mario-Worshipper, publicly dismantled by Hot Dog Girl, coping poorly

What's next for Bob Chipman?

• Total voters

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He will devolve pseudo-philosophy if a ghoul actually knows more about Bing Bing Wahoo than him, considering his obsession with it has less to do with the character and universe himself, and more about escapism.
He'd just dance between canons until he gets a minimal win and then strut. Because he wouldn't stop until he thinks he can eke a win or mitigate an L. He's that fucking stupid.

NynchLiggers

kiwifarms.net
There is some deep deep comedy and social commentary in the fact that Loki was first portrayed as pure facist evil at first. In The Avengers there is a scene where an old jewish man basically calls him Hitler, and now he's a sassy trans who people like Blob YASSSSSS QUEEN over.
The capeshit factories saw fortunes with the tumblrina market, branching out from the usual MovieBlob type autist.

Grumpy Pickle Rick

kiwifarms.net
I swear, his violent fantasies of exterminating us Mayo Ghouls are getting more deranged and stupid by the day.
You know what’s one thing I always wondered? Why is it, autistic nerds always have the most deranged fantasies?

For people who are obsessed with magic ponies, superheroes Disney Princesses and other cute junk, they have the most abstract thoughts and messed up fantasies.

Anybody who feels the need to post woke shit all the time has severe skeletons in their closet, and/or compensating for something. And is a humongous asshole in real life.
Agreed.

Last edited:

LordofCringe7206

What's that Plank? They're hiding in the library?
kiwifarms.net
Hm, getting canned twice from Escapist and now possibly from Film Theory, I see fatboy ia making headway. Speaking of which, a buddy on mine discord told me how one time their film professor brought up Bobo as a legit source of movie knowledge and even showed his videos in class, including the Magneto one where he agreed with Bobos comments
Bob is very lucky. I was once in a journalism program and one of my professor's openly mocked Kurt Eichenwald. When you have a leg up on Kurt you should be doing victory laps.

TowinKarz

I've been a wreck lately.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He has absolutely no filter and no way of being able to explain himself succinctly. Now, I'm sure we've watched a film and come up with some take we thought was amazing. The difference is, we may realize that it's stupid once we think it over. Bobert is so enamored with his own perceived brilliance that he won't rethink anything he says. He'll either make the conversation so convoluted to try and make his point look smart or delete what he said in a vain attempt to avoid embarrassment.

Like science vs. "I fucking love science!"

Real smart vs. fake smart is easy to spot.

Real smart people get their ideas across in short, concise, points, sometimes with folksy humor and "nerdy" references too. Because they want their idea to get out there and will "sell" it to lay people in terms they can understand so everyone benefits.

Fake smart people obfuscate their ideas with impressive sounding words and page after page of rambling into tangents from that original point in an effort to "sound" smart and look informed. Because their core argument is weak and probably 100% supposition, or just an opinion that doesn't even NEED defending. It's valid by being yours. You don't even have to argue it unless you're the egoist kind that feels you opinions should have supremacy. And they won't "sell it" with breezy or silly flourishes because this is serious... this is a quasi-GOD talking here!

You know what’s one thing I always wondered? Why is it, autistic nerds always have the most deranged fantasies?

For people who are obsessed with magic ponies, superheroes Disney Princesses and other cute junk, they have the most abstract thoughts and messed up fantasies.

If you don't fit in to the "Real World" the ideal escapist fantasy isn't to have a higher standing in that world, but to inhabit a new one.

An average person who fantasizes probably dreams of having something they desire but can't get, a nicer car, a beautiful boy/girlfriend, an important job with prestige.... whatever it is, there's a 99% chance it's something other people can and do get right here on Earth Prime.

If you're caustic in personality or detached from reality due to mental issues, you can grow so distant from "normal" people that even a high position among "normies" isn't enough to satisfy .... you've got to go the extra mile.... you've got to fantasize about being King of another planet, or at least a subject of the King of Sparkle Pony Land.

The fantasy is twisted by the inability to tolerate Real Life to the point that any escape from it isn't complete until you're in a totally different dimension where the mayoghouls, trolls and Got-Dang Asexual Women can't even DREAM of getting into....

It's a tool like any other. Funny he calls it a male power fantasy when so many "male power fantasies" are action shots. Ask someone to think of Superman and they won't plant him on a throne, they'll have him flying or punching or both. Maybe standing in a heroic pose. But certainly not parked on his super-ass.

We also know, through decades of character building about what Superman stands for that he'd NEVER willingly sit on a throne. He doesn't see himself as the God Emperor of humanity, but rather, a Super-citizen of same who recognizes his functional invulnerability/immortality means he's the ultimate innocent bystander who can step in and say "Hey, stop that or someone's gonna get hurt!" and survive whatever happens. Putting him on one, would be subconsciously "rejected" by an astute reader as "something's wrong" as being in the seat of power implies you intend to force your will, and are plotting something, good or bad, for those you rule over.

Supes, the ultimate Boy Scout, doesn't plot, he lets the common person live their life and woe to anyone who would do that little man wrong.

Last edited:

Caustic Gelatin

Cleans all those hard-to-reach places!
kiwifarms.net
Okay Kiwis, taking all bets what the setback was?
Please tell me he tried to get his job at the escapist back. Oh god please tell me he tried to get his job at the escapist back and they slammed the door on him. Sweet Jesus that would be funny.

On a side note: Apparently J.R.R. Tolkien helped C.S. Lewis convert to Christianity which is a fun historical fact I never knew about. And who said you can never learn anything from reading kiwifarms?

Boston Brand

kiwifarms.net
Please tell me he tried to get his job at the escapist back. Oh god please tell me he tried to get his job at the escapist back and they slammed the door on him. Sweet Jesus that would be funny.

On a side note: Apparently J.R.R. Tolkien helped C.S. Lewis convert to Christianity which is a fun historical fact I never knew about. And who said you can never learn anything from reading kiwifarms?

Yeah, the Lewis and Tolkien friendship is one kf the most famous stories of the early fantasy genre.

I like the RE Howard/HP Lovecraft friendship myself, albiet that one ends more tragically.

Positron

Ran, Bob Ran!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Chris got a new gimmick, which old-timers would call "webring":
3.png

3.png

3.png

They have a 10-minute introduction that I can't be bothered to listen.

Bogs

The good gamer, bad gamer routine
kiwifarms.net
It might have something to do with the autism. Hot take, I know.

Also most of them avoid reality like the plague so their fantasies become their only frame of reference. Mario good, Bowser bad. Democrats good, Republicans bad.

cypocraphy

Deader than the parents on "Party Of Five"
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Speaking of which, a buddy on mine discord told me how one time their film professor brought up Bobo as a legit source of movie knowledge and even showed his videos in class, including the Magneto one where he agreed with Bobos comments

I would have burst out into uncontrolable and unstoppable laughter and they'd have to put me in the nut house.

Toxinophile

"I was cringe once, and it was FUCKING GLORIOUS"
kiwifarms.net
"I'M GONNA CONSOOOOM!!! AAAAAAUUUUUGGGGGHHH!!!!"
Archive (720p):
View attachment 2248319
I just torrented Loki episode 1 and watched it. Let's hear, or rather, read the video I transcribed on what's bobs take on things. just trying something different.

It's hard to know where to put punctuation when Bob's diatribes have inconsistently few pauses between sentences. If you find any grammar mistakes or offences, please take it all with a big grain of [sic].

Full Transcript:

_____And now here's Loki in which Marvel puts their in-house developed impishly handsome wiry English dark dream boat back to work while cramming Doctor Who, The Good Place, and The Blacklist pureed into a more meta than meta brunch smoothier [sic] streaming series while glancing around, avoiding eye contact with excessive fake humility high-whispering: "Oh gee I wonder if TV reviewers are gonna like this exact specific combination of ingredients I mean it's not like we got this down to a science or anything no but really do you like it?" (cue Lisa Simpson clip saying yes)

_____But yes, big fucking shock, Marvel, the Hollywood studio answer to a 3.0 GPA that still got into hobbit thanks to shockingly deep extracurricular numbers and a mall karate blue belt counting for two extra gym credits, appears to at least from the outset to have crafted another above average streaming miniseries by pairing a smorgasbord of story ideas and supporting characters from its 80 year history of comic book weirdness, fresh creative talent eager to prove their worth to the new fuedal lords of the entertainment kingdom, a studio chief possibly genetically engineered by DARPA to save the American movie industry, and whichever name stars from the cinematic universe were not currently shooting a feature but were still interested in a nice new car, boat, or addition to their house.

_____Time will tell of course whether or not it has a chance of measuring up to Wandavision's medium challenging genre redefining emotional powerhouse, or Falcon and the Winter Soldier's occasionally awkward but admirably gutsy topical boldness but right now it feels prime to scratch the particular itch for quirky takes of big sci-fi metaphysical story conceits being turned inside-out by rye [sic], deadpan actors in an unfolding mystery maze plot that fans of such things may have been missing between other, bigger properties while also giving Tom Hiddleston an immediately intruiging new context in which to play around with the character he's taken ownership of like few blockbuster-level actors in recent memory, that fans should find instantly satisfying and yes, it looks as though these stripe of marvel fan that will tune in regardless to pour over every frame, seeking clues to futre storylines, will find themselves more than serviced as well, though, thus far thankfully not at the expense of more casual viewers I'll [sic]. <-- (prolly an editing mistake)

_____Note that I am aiming to keep this review by my definition "spoiler free" in terms of specific not-vailable-by-looking-just-at-the-promotions-and-ad-mataerial-plot-details-and-surpises, but given that the series appears to answer at least one, big previously unclarified question of the entire marvel universe "thing" offhandedly within its first 12 minutes, I'd advise those trying to go in completely clean to maybe watch the first one before this review. Okay? Alright. Otherwise- (cue transition)

_____So, in case there was any confusion Loki functions as a kind of direct side-sequel to the second act of Avengers: Endgame i.e [sic] the time travel heist part where in, you'll recall because the future Avengers made a mistake trying to steal the tesseract from their 2012-Avengers-part-1-selves. 2012-still-alive-and-still-evil-Loki was able to grab it back and teleport away, likely creating one of those new butterfly-effect-alternate-reality-timelines proffessor Hulk had warned about. Except it turns out, that's not such a big deal as he finds himself snatched up and thrown into a dystopian cosmic courthouse by very interminating [sic] agents of the Time Variance Authority. (cue clip of Loki getting arrested by the time police for time crimes)

_____A kind of cosmic combination [sic] legal bureaucracy, police force, FBI, detective agency, and court system that exist to chase down variants, which he apparently now IS, for crimes against the sacred timeline. Yeah that big lingering question I mentioned? If you've been wondering between the Quicksilver stuff, the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D inconsistencies, the Netflix stuff, et cetera, whether or not there was or was not a mult-eye-verse component to the Marvel Cinematic Universe? Loki has your answer straight off; there is not. (cue sad trombone) But there USED to be, and there could be again maybe but not if the TVA has anything to say about it. See a big conceit here is that apparently there WERE multiple universes at one point, but they kept getting into each other's business and making mult-eye-versal wars and destructive chaos that could've destroyed all realities forever if not for the trio of omnipotent cosmic beings calling themselves "Time Keepers," who whittled everything down to a single "Sacred Timeline," with a predetermined proper continuity of events for well, everything that the TVA is tasked with "protecting." Which chiefly means hunting down variants like Loki who break off their fated path, and in doing so creating alternate timelines which if not deleted in time, could become new realities and restart the mult-eye-verse which would be "bad" according to the Time Keepers, wherever they are.

_____But Loki seemingly lucks into a reprieve from deletion when Owen Wilson's TVA Agent Mobius decides for spoilerly reasons, he might be useful in tracking down an apparently even more dangerous fugitive variant that's skipping around the timeline, murdering entire squads of minute men, TVA enforcers, to steal their special equipment for sinister purposes. Loki agrees, in part because even the TVA random desk clerks seem to massively outpower him and also because the revelation of what supposed to, and what did come of his sacred timeline self has shattered his sense of identity and forced him to confront the TVA's seemingly self-evident commitment to benevolent fatalism versus his own inherence to uniquely chaotic free will, OR both sides are working a double-cross, hence Loki is literally the god of mischief and can't wait to tell anybody who'll listen. He just wants to talk with the time keepers. (cue Loki clip saying COME ON? What did you expect?) Mobius is, well a cop but also a cop that's pulling the: "only a killer can catch a killer" schtick, and the judge obstensibly in charge of their investigation is Gugu Mbatha-Raw as "Ravonna Renslayer," a name Marvel Comics fans should immediately recognize as belonging to the complicated, sometimes romantic interest of Kang the Conqueror, AKA the guy Jonathan Majors is playing in Ant-Man 3 who may or may not be the next major villain for this entire damn mega franchise.

_____Both the first and second episodes additionally conclude with big game-changing reveals as to the nature of the fugitive variant they're chasing that are fun and t-significant [sic] interesting directions that could get very interesting in the remaining 4 episodes but beyond whatever big Marvel reveals or retcons could be awaiting hardcore fans it does appear were back in the Wandavision territory in terms of subgenre. A one time supporting character taking center stage for a personal journey of sci-fi fantasy introspection and self-healing. Well, on the meta narrative side, the Marvel machine engages in some media study self-criticism vis-à-vis its own role as prime arbiter of the new global popular mythology. Where Scarlett Witch's eerily well timed truama-purg [sic] explored the psychology behind retreating into comfort viewing like nostalgia TV and by association the MCU itself, and whether or not this was healthy for us in general, as a therapeutic replacement for coping with grief or anxiety, Loki is both trying to find himself and also seems poised to be a counterargument for the benefits of free will and chaos of a multiverse, in opposition the ordered, quasi-religious fatalism of the TVA. Which of course also seems to represent an internal argument as to exactly how much of the velvet glove, iron fist treatment Marvel should be giving to its own stranglehold on the MCUs famously marketable, shared universe continuity.

_____Whether it succeeds or not at this goal, in fact if these ARE the goals and there isn't some sort of huge, thematic curveball waiting now that episode 2 has dropped its "okay, I guess anything can happen now. " cards on the table will remain to be seen but I find the whole thing extremely encouraging, in part with how laid back it is. Sure, nobody was expecting Wandavision to pull a complete en-medias-res reality break for three full episodes and trust the audience to stick around and catch up, or whereas Falcon and the Winter Soldier took a more complicated route given the material, by opening and sticking with a big movie level action crossed with TV level intrigue but so far Loki has a dialed down, melancholy, TV energy that feels key to both the frequency of TVA's retro 50s, DMV/Data center/Soviet filing office aesthetic, and Owen Wilson's ultra "Owen Wilsony" groove as Mobius, great great casting here as it turns out. Nothing about it feels like it's in a hurry, but Loki, which, fits with the world building and the gives it a fresh, chilled-out tempo for the main character to bounce off of.

_____Bottom line for now; I like the new characters, Hiddleston still works, I'm eager to see where all of this weirdness goes, I'm sure Tara Strong is going to be a fan favorite as Miss Minutes, the cartoon clock who claims to be both alive and a recording but not quite but extremely down for more. Not that I would probably need to say so but I recommend it. this should be a fun ride. (roll credits)

Arthur Morgan

kiwifarms.net

Well they don't have friends and are incapable of self reflection so they assume everyone is out to get them. And in the media they consume, killing the bad guys is fully justified so by murdering real people, they're just doing the right thing for the good of humanity.

Quixotic Man

From Another Place
kiwifarms.net
I would have burst out into uncontrolable and unstoppable laughter and they'd have to put me in the nut house.
I once watched a Moviebob video in a college class. Mind you it was prefaced by the Professor qualifying that he usually didn't agree with Moviebob. It was his video on Resident Evil 5 and the lesson something about racism and stereotypes in media. This was about a decade ago too, so I only knew Bob as the guy who was annoying, not a horrible human being with absoultely shit opinions. Pre-Gamergate and all that.

Troonologist PhD

kiwifarms.net
I once watched a Moviebob video in a college class. Mind you it was prefaced by the Professor qualifying that he usually didn't agree with Moviebob. It was his video on Resident Evil 5 and the lesson something about racism and stereotypes in media. This was about a decade ago too, so I only knew Bob as the guy who was annoying, not a horrible human being with absoultely shit opinions. Pre-Gamergate and all that.
The racism controversy around RE5 was some of the stupidest pre-Current Year shit I've ever heard. It's set in Africa so of course the infectees are going to be native Africans.

Tronathon242

kiwifarms.net
I just torrented Loki episode 1 and watched it. Let's hear, or rather, read the video I transcribed on what's bobs take on things. just trying something different.

It's hard to know where to put punctuation when Bob's diatribes have inconsistently few pauses between sentences. If you find any grammar mistakes or offences, please take it all with a big grain of [sic].

Full Transcript:

_____And now here's Loki in which Marvel puts their in-house developed impishly handsome wiry English dark dream boat back to work while cramming Doctor Who, The Good Place, and The Blacklist pureed into a more meta than meta brunch smoothier [sic] streaming series while glancing around, avoiding eye contact with excessive fake humility high-whispering: "Oh gee I wonder if TV reviewers are gonna like this exact specific combination of ingredients I mean it's not like we got this down to a science or anything no but really do you like it?" (cue Lisa Simpson clip saying yes)

_____But yes, big fucking shock, Marvel, the Hollywood studio answer to a 3.0 GPA that still got into hobbit thanks to shockingly deep extracurricular numbers and a mall karate blue belt counting for two extra gym credits, appears to at least from the outset to have crafted another above average streaming miniseries by pairing a smorgasbord of story ideas and supporting characters from its 80 year history of comic book weirdness, fresh creative talent eager to prove their worth to the new fuedal lords of the entertainment kingdom, a studio chief possibly genetically engineered by DARPA to save the American movie industry, and whichever name stars from the cinematic universe were not currently shooting a feature but were still interested in a nice new car, boat, or addition to their house.

_____Time will tell of course whether or not it has a chance of measuring up to Wandavision's medium challenging genre redefining emotional powerhouse, or Falcon and the Winter Soldier's occasionally awkward but admirably gutsy topical boldness but right now it feels prime to scratch the particular itch for quirky takes of big sci-fi metaphysical story conceits being turned inside-out by rye [sic], deadpan actors in an unfolding mystery maze plot that fans of such things may have been missing between other, bigger properties while also giving Tom Hiddleston an immediately intruiging new context in which to play around with the character he's taken ownership of like few blockbuster-level actors in recent memory, that fans should find instantly satisfying and yes, it looks as though these stripe of marvel fan that will tune in regardless to pour over every frame, seeking clues to futre storylines, will find themselves more than serviced as well, though, thus far thankfully not at the expense of more casual viewers I'll [sic]. <-- (prolly an editing mistake)

_____Note that I am aiming to keep this review by my definition "spoiler free" in terms of specific not-vailable-by-looking-just-at-the-promotions-and-ad-mataerial-plot-details-and-surpises, but given that the series appears to answer at least one, big previously unclarified question of the entire marvel universe "thing" offhandedly within its first 12 minutes, I'd advise those trying to go in completely clean to maybe watch the first one before this review. Okay? Alright. Otherwise- (cue transition)

_____So, in case there was any confusion Loki functions as a kind of direct side-sequel to the second act of Avengers: Endgame i.e [sic] the time travel heist part where in, you'll recall because the future Avengers made a mistake trying to steal the tesseract from their 2012-Avengers-part-1-selves. 2012-still-alive-and-still-evil-Loki was able to grab it back and teleport away, likely creating one of those new butterfly-effect-alternate-reality-timelines proffessor Hulk had warned about. Except it turns out, that's not such a big deal as he finds himself snatched up and thrown into a dystopian cosmic courthouse by very interminating [sic] agents of the Time Variance Authority. (cue clip of Loki getting arrested by the time police for time crimes)

_____A kind of cosmic combination [sic] legal bureaucracy, police force, FBI, detective agency, and court system that exist to chase down variants, which he apparently now IS, for crimes against the sacred timeline. Yeah that big lingering question I mentioned? If you've been wondering between the Quicksilver stuff, the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D inconsistencies, the Netflix stuff, et cetera, whether or not there was or was not a mult-eye-verse component to the Marvel Cinematic Universe? Loki has your answer straight off; there is not. (cue sad trombone) But there USED to be, and there could be again maybe but not if the TVA has anything to say about it. See a big conceit here is that apparently there WERE multiple universes at one point, but they kept getting into each other's business and making mult-eye-versal wars and destructive chaos that could've destroyed all realities forever if not for the trio of omnipotent cosmic beings calling themselves "Time Keepers," who whittled everything down to a single "Sacred Timeline," with a predetermined proper continuity of events for well, everything that the TVA is tasked with "protecting." Which chiefly means hunting down variants like Loki who break off their fated path, and in doing so creating alternate timelines which if not deleted in time, could become new realities and restart the mult-eye-verse which would be "bad" according to the Time Keepers, wherever they are.

_____But Loki seemingly lucks into a reprieve from deletion when Owen Wilson's TVA Agent Mobius decides for spoilerly reasons, he might be useful in tracking down an apparently even more dangerous fugitive variant that's skipping around the timeline, murdering entire squads of minute men, TVA enforcers, to steal their special equipment for sinister purposes. Loki agrees, in part because even the TVA random desk clerks seem to massively outpower him and also because the revelation of what supposed to, and what did come of his sacred timeline self has shattered his sense of identity and forced him to confront the TVA's seemingly self-evident commitment to benevolent fatalism versus his own inherence to uniquely chaotic free will, OR both sides are working a double-cross, hence Loki is literally the god of mischief and can't wait to tell anybody who'll listen. He just wants to talk with the time keepers. (cue Loki clip saying COME ON? What did you expect?) Mobius is, well a cop but also a cop that's pulling the: "only a killer can catch a killer" schtick, and the judge obstensibly in charge of their investigation is Gugu Mbatha-Raw as "Ravonna Renslayer," a name Marvel Comics fans should immediately recognize as belonging to the complicated, sometimes romantic interest of Kang the Conqueror, AKA the guy Jonathan Majors is playing in Ant-Man 3 who may or may not be the next major villain for this entire damn mega franchise.

_____Both the first and second episodes additionally conclude with big game-changing reveals as to the nature of the fugitive variant they're chasing that are fun and t-significant [sic] interesting directions that could get very interesting in the remaining 4 episodes but beyond whatever big Marvel reveals or retcons could be awaiting hardcore fans it does appear were back in the Wandavision territory in terms of subgenre. A one time supporting character taking center stage for a personal journey of sci-fi fantasy introspection and self-healing. Well, on the meta narrative side, the Marvel machine engages in some media study self-criticism vis-à-vis its own role as prime arbiter of the new global popular mythology. Where Scarlett Witch's eerily well timed truama-purg [sic] explored the psychology behind retreating into comfort viewing like nostalgia TV and by association the MCU itself, and whether or not this was healthy for us in general, as a therapeutic replacement for coping with grief or anxiety, Loki is both trying to find himself and also seems poised to be a counterargument for the benefits of free will and chaos of a multiverse, in opposition the ordered, quasi-religious fatalism of the TVA. Which of course also seems to represent an internal argument as to exactly how much of the velvet glove, iron fist treatment Marvel should be giving to its own stranglehold on the MCUs famously marketable, shared universe continuity.

_____Whether it succeeds or not at this goal, in fact if these ARE the goals and there isn't some sort of huge, thematic curveball waiting now that episode 2 has dropped its "okay, I guess anything can happen now. " cards on the table will remain to be seen but I find the whole thing extremely encouraging, in part with how laid back it is. Sure, nobody was expecting Wandavision to pull a complete en-medias-res reality break for three full episodes and trust the audience to stick around and catch up, or whereas Falcon and the Winter Soldier took a more complicated route given the material, by opening and sticking with a big movie level action crossed with TV level intrigue but so far Loki has a dialed down, melancholy, TV energy that feels key to both the frequency of TVA's retro 50s, DMV/Data center/Soviet filing office aesthetic, and Owen Wilson's ultra "Owen Wilsony" groove as Mobius, great great casting here as it turns out. Nothing about it feels like it's in a hurry, but Loki, which, fits with the world building and the gives it a fresh, chilled-out tempo for the main character to bounce off of.

_____Bottom line for now; I like the new characters, Hiddleston still works, I'm eager to see where all of this weirdness goes, I'm sure Tara Strong is going to be a fan favorite as Miss Minutes, the cartoon clock who claims to be both alive and a recording but not quite but extremely down for more. Not that I would probably need to say so but I recommend it. this should be a fun ride. (roll credits)
Everything he ever describes as "game changing" or "revolutionary" or "medium challenging" always gets forgotten. I still remember the Scott Pilgrim sperg out when that film didn't get the recognition he thought it deserved and now over a decade later, it's nothing more than a curious nerdy footnote.