Roguelikes and Roguelites General - Discussion, recommendations, and suggestions

ChucklesTheJester

Kyubey.
kiwifarms.net
I don't think he's sleep resistant, but I don't think I've ever tried that as a strategy. Be prepared to try something else if it doesn't work. I seem to remember he wakes up pretty easily when he's asleep earlier in the game so maybe he still does.
If it doesn't work it just means I have to play a game of keep away, and use a bunch of damage wands I have that he doesn't resist.

I lucky I found a second bag of holding before the castle do to a bones file. (I also blessed it before I ever went below the castle). I've been keeping a big old stack of wands in it, and I have 4 tins full of nuse meat as well.

I just have to hope wizard doesn't summon demogorgon.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
If it doesn't work it just means I have to play a game of keep away, and use a bunch of damage wands I have that he doesn't resist.

I lucky I found a second bag of holding before the castle do to a bones file. (I also blessed it before I ever went below the castle). I've been keeping a big old stack of wands in it, and I have 4 tins full of nuse meat as well.

I just have to hope wizard doesn't summon demogorgon.
Why you filthy cannibal. Whatever you do don't put one bag of holding inside another. It's fairly easy to do accidentally. I usually just use a normal bag for the spare holy water to uncurse the other bag if it gets cursed, and a couple other emergency items like that. I always found finger of death to be the ultimate Rodney repellent but you probably don't have that as a Valk. And wands of death are fairly infrequent.

ChucklesTheJester

Kyubey.
kiwifarms.net
Why you filthy cannibal. Whatever you do don't put one bag of holding inside another. It's fairly easy to do accidentally. I usually just use a normal bag for the spare holy water to uncurse the other bag if it gets cursed, and a couple other emergency items like that. I always found finger of death to be the ultimate Rodney repellent but you probably don't have that as a Valk. And wands of death are fairly infrequent.
The other bag got destoryed before the quest by a accident with WoC :story: I made sure to add to the name of the wand DO NOT PUT IN BAGS.

• Feels
Reactions: AnOminous

Book Thievery

Literature Liberator
kiwifarms.net
I seriously wish I could get that far in Nethack. I haven't played it in years, but the furthest I remember getting is the boss of the Samurai Quest, and dying to him.

• Agree
Reactions: ducktales4gameboy

ChucklesTheJester

Kyubey.
kiwifarms.net
Welp runs dead I got gang banged on my way up by liches and mind flayers. Dlvl 32.

I would have you know Genocided them but I never did find any scrolls for it.

And I should have wasted a wish on blessed ones. :story:

Also fuck you Mysterious force, I sure do love being sent back in progress 7+ times on the same 3 Dlvl's.

• Feels

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Lh;

Three things I usually genocide. Because fuck eels, anything that weak with an instakill attack can blow me.

• Feels
Reactions: Book Thievery

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I fucking hate the Big Room. Always makes me nervous because I can't funnel the Monster Manuel worth of diffrent monster into a choke point.
They're mostly trash. Just stay on the upstair and pop back up for a breather every now and then.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I forgot the other way to cope with that big room. Standing on the up stair, read a not cursed scroll of earth. Blessed is good but either will do, although a blessed one doesn't also drop a boulder on your head at the same time. Then push one out of the way (or force bolt or wand of striking to bust it). There you have your chokepoint.

ChucklesTheJester

Kyubey.
kiwifarms.net
I forgot the other way to cope with that big room. Standing on the up stair, read a not cursed scroll of earth. Blessed is good but either will do, although a blessed one doesn't also drop a boulder on your head at the same time. Then push one out of the way (or force bolt or wand of striking to bust it). There you have your chokepoint.
My God that far smarter then 90% of the way I play. Hell I don't even Engrave on the floor outside of Testing wands. :story:

(edit) Holy shit Just started another run (like my 16th today) and The dwarwin spear that spawned next to me was +5.

Last edited:
  • Feels

ChucklesTheJester

Kyubey.
kiwifarms.net
Wanna see some real bad luck.

Screenshot_161.png

Take a note it's dlvl2 1 water demon gated in a second which gated in two others which gated in the vrocks ON DLVL 2.

I figured my luck would one of Trump's Chosen People me with a water demon but I didn't expect it to give me the old Dwarf fortress Sprial.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Wanna see some real bad luck.

View attachment 1181206

Take a note it's dlvl2 1 water demon gated in a second which gated in two others which gated in the vrocks ON DLVL 2.

I figured my luck would one of Trump's Chosen People me with a water demon but I didn't expect it to give me the old Dwarf fortress Sprial.
Dipping in fountains again? That is a gambly way to do things.

ChucklesTheJester

Kyubey.
kiwifarms.net
>Fall down a trap hole, get placed next to a ogre lord.
>Go to hit orge lord next to me.

Screenshot_162.png

No way to counter this thanks to RNG.

I hav't seen any dragons (so no chance for scale mails) No wishes, No lucky Sliver shield in a shop or Randomly generated (and this was also before medusa floor so I never got to check there), and Sokoban was a bag of holding.

Aside from not having Reflect it wasn't a bad run.

despite Not being a gnome would this count as a
type of situation.

Tags
None