Roguelikes and Roguelites General - Discussion, recommendations, and suggestions

ChucklesTheJester

Kyubey.
kiwifarms.net
Hey update on the run. I am currently heading up with the amulet and I have a few death wands for the wizard if he wants to show up next to me as I make my way up.

I think this is the run.

I've genocided everything I dislike and could easily kill my run. (Mind flayers, Lichs, Sea monsters ,ect)>

Only one problem. I lost my +6 Excalibur somewhere in hell, and I am not going to go search for it so I am using a blessed unicorn horn as a makeshift eh fuck it weapon.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Hey update on the run. I am currently heading up with the amulet and I have a few death wands for the wizard if he wants to show up next to me as I make my way up.

I think this is the run.

I've genocided everything I dislike and could easily kill my run. (Mind flayers, Lichs, Sea monsters ,ect)>

Only one problem. I lost my +6 Excalibur somewhere in hell, and I am not going to go search for it so I am using a blessed unicorn horn as a makeshift eh fuck it weapon.
Hope you can locate the traps on Air. And hope you get lucky on Astral because you sound like you're in trouble for being surrounded.

• Optimistic
Reactions: ChucklesTheJester

ChucklesTheJester

Kyubey.
kiwifarms.net
Hope you can locate the traps on Air. And hope you get lucky on Astral because you sound like you're in trouble for being surrounded.
No Need to worry the wizard screwed me over.

Out of all 6 Thing he could do for harrasment he kept reviving to the point I used 2 full death wands on him and then beat him twice with a unicorn horn named bootleg Excalibur before a minituar on a maze level above the castle finished me off.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
No Need to worry the wizard screwed me over.

Out of all 6 Thing he could do for harrasment he kept reviving to the point I used 2 full death wands on him and then beat him twice with a unicorn horn named bootleg Excalibur before a minituar on a maze level above the castle finished me off.
Air is your biggest issue. And then, how you deal with Astral. Lol I hope you get lucky because you haven't shown any sign of thinking about that yet.

• Optimistic
Reactions: ChucklesTheJester

Livecorpse

kiwifarms.net
So, serious question for the hackers in this thread. When I tried to get into NetHack, I always found myself alt-tabbing between the game and the Nethack wiki. I felt like doing that was cheating, but I'm curious if that's normal for new players.

Book Thievery

Literature Liberator
kiwifarms.net
So, serious question for the hackers in this thread. When I tried to get into NetHack, I always found myself alt-tabbing between the game and the Nethack wiki. I felt like doing that was cheating, but I'm curious if that's normal for new players.
Eh, I've done it. I think the game's obtuse enough to justify using the Wiki, but then again, I've yet to actually beat it.

Kane Lives

Peace through power
kiwifarms.net
It's normal. Unless you want to dedicate hundreds of hours on failed runs just to know how something works, it's practically mandatory. Technically the Oracle is supposed to help you with that, but eh, I don't see why we shouldn't just make use of the information we already have. Game's RNG and hard enough as it is.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I insisted on winning it legit. Took well over ten years.

ChucklesTheJester

Kyubey.
kiwifarms.net
It's fine to use the wiki otherwise you just spend years T&E ing all the hidden stuff you wouldn't be the first or last who uses the wiki because the game is just too obtuse sometimes.

I insisted on winning it legit. Took well over ten years.
Must have been a headache learning a ton of stuff The Hard way.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Must have been a headache learning a ton of stuff The Hard way.
There were a couple multi-year gaps because I either didn't have access to a mainframe (which is where you would have played this shit when it came out) or just tard raged out on a particularly unfair seeming death and quit.

• Feels
Reactions: Book Thievery

Rice Is Ready

*MMMMUUAH
kiwifarms.net
Does anyone know how to make contact with a survivor camp in CDDA? Whenever I get close to the gate their automatic sentries Swiss cheese me.

Livecorpse

kiwifarms.net
Welp, this thread combined with the quarantine got me to try Nethack again. So I had a decent run with my dwarf valkyrie, got Grayswandir by sacrificing fairly early, got lucky with magic markers, and headed into Gehennom fairly well equipped. Got to Orcus town, and THE FIRST FUCKING TURN FUCKING ORCUS GETS FUCKING DEMOGORGON FUCK.

And it all kind of went downhill from there. I got Orcus to the level below and killed him, and thought I could do the same to Demo, but I got sickened and chain-stunned to death. Fuck you, Orcus.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
And it all kind of went downhill from there. I got Orcus to the level below and killed him, and thought I could do the same to Demo, but I got sickened and chain-stunned to death. Fuck you, Orcus.
There's never any good time for Demogorgon. It's the one time I'll blow a wish for a rubber chicken to one shot him.

Livecorpse

kiwifarms.net
There's never any good time for Demogorgon. It's the one time I'll blow a wish for a rubber chicken to one shot him.
What really hurts is that I choked once Demogorgon appeared. I think I probably could have killed him if I'd kept my head and not panicked.

Well, guess that's something to remember for next time.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
What really hurts is that I choked once Demogorgon appeared. I think I probably could have killed him if I'd kept my head and not panicked.

Well, guess that's something to remember for next time.
There's no rush. When that guy appears or anything else absolutely fucked happens you should immediately get up and go do something else for a bit. My least favorite way to die is with something in my inventory that would have saved me but I was saving it for something else, apparently in the afterlife.

ChucklesTheJester

Kyubey.
kiwifarms.net
There's no rush. When that guy appears or anything else absolutely fucked happens you should immediately get up and go do something else for a bit. My least favorite way to die is with something in my inventory that would have saved me but I was saving it for something else, apparently in the afterlife.
How about finding out that un-id-ed amulet in your inv was a amulet of life saving. I've had it happen before.

:story:

• Agree
Reactions: AnOminous
Tags
None