Rooster Teeth / Achievement Hunter / Let's Play / Funhaus / Inside Gaming - Do you ever wonder why we're still here? Dick pics and sellouts ahoy. Currently being sued.

• ATTN NEW USERS: I strongly suggest using a real, alter-ego email address from a reputable provider and using a Password Manager to securely keep tack of it. If you forget your email and password I cannot restore your account. These are good practices in general so stop being lazy.

When was the last time RvB was good?

• Before RWBY

Votes: 61 62.9%
  • Season 10

Votes: 22 22.7%
  • Season 11

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Season 12

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Season 13

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • Season 14

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Before RvB Zero

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LecherousGranolaBar

kiwifarms.net
For those of you who didn't watch the video RT fans are inhaling copium over, Critikal made a light jab about how RT is doing poorly which then spirals into the other co=hosts passively shitting on RT as a whole and Ray reluctantly sort of admits RT is not doing well.

Its about 3-4 mins long and Ray clearly wanted it to be even shorter.
Kinda wild how inspite of leaving RT on a not great note, Ray does his best not to shit on the company. I don't doubt he had some good times there but anyone paying attention after his twitch account got yoinked could tell he was pissed and checked out completely.

Vs Ky, who is actively dumping on everything that was built by Ray and the other 5. Ungrateful little bitch.

Nod Flenders

kiwifarms.net
Kinda wild how inspite of leaving RT on a not great note, Ray does his best not to shit on the company. I don't doubt he had some good times there but anyone paying attention after his twitch account got yoinked could tell he was pissed and checked out completely.

Vs Ky, who is actively dumping on everything that was built by Ray and the other 5. Ungrateful little bitch.
Ky is complete cancer. But of course, she gets away with everything, because if anyone DARES to disagree with her, she pulls the race card.

Din Djarin

The Farms' Number One Pedro Pascal Fan
kiwifarms.net
And it isn't like they've made any major strides towards being better, Gavin admitted to the RT app bricking his Apple TV. The only reason people ever use the RT site is to get spoilers a day or two early from the idiots who pay for first.
I'm still annoyed that they moved all the RWBY episodes to the website, even if I don't watch anymore. I like watched Salem's introduction at the end of season 3 so I watched that episode a lot, but now I rely on the great people who have uploaded the episodes themselves since RT doesn't care about their fanbase.

DimitryPidarBlyat

kiwifarms.net
Yet another reddit cope thread after Critikal brought up roosterteeth on his podcast with Ray
Someone in that thread is literally saying that Ray is not allowed to feel annoyed with all the AH jokes and references he has been hit with on a daily basis for the past 7 years.

This thread is filled with copium, what a fun read

Sleazy Car Salesman

Believe me when I say that I will take your money
kiwifarms.net
I'm still annoyed that they moved all the RWBY episodes to the website, even if I don't watch anymore. I like watched Salem's introduction at the end of season 3 so I watched that episode a lot, but now I rely on the great people who have uploaded the episodes themselves since RT doesn't care about their fanbase.
There are a couple pirate streaming sites that have the episodes.

Use an addblocker, and please try not to pass this one around too much, I kinda like it and I don't want it going down like Kiss.

Sexyphobe

kiwifarms.net
I wonder if there where early gaslighting from inside the cooperate body that puppets RT in purging some of the white cast and Jeremy ended up with a target over his head because he's white. If Ky is being openly racist outwards to the fan base I could see the potential for her to do it inwards at co-workers.

Jeremy could be the kind of guy who doesn't sling shit in public and all these panic attacks and his mood these past year/s could just be his own internal fight to justify hes worth the attention and money he earns from content (going solo on twitch) while RT gaslights to make him feel like a nothing white person who is only popular because RT made him.

Pretty classic work situation where management plays mind games with the bottom tier, happens in my job, happens in most peoples work places. RT is no different, the people you see in the content are not the ones who reap the financial benefit of the company doing well, even in the peak "gold" times I don't think the AH guys got a % of the company's profits, they where just wage slaves like the rest of us.

If you subscribe to that theory then people like Ray and Jeremy are threats to RT.
That'd be pretty messed up. I just hope he leaves for his health and gets help for his alcoholism. We've seen with Geoff how they just laugh it off and make fun of people worried, or people like Michael actively encouraging Jeremy to drink on the podcasts. Terrible environment filled with awful people.

Aknowledge Jontron

kiwifarms.net
There are a couple pirate streaming sites that have the episodes.

Use an addblocker, and please try not to pass this one around too much, I kinda like it and I don't want it going down like Kiss.
All the seasons are on Torrents and most popular anime streaming sites. Don't worry it's not going anywhere.
I don't even recall RT being very hard on anti-piracy, those 15 people paying for FIRST just gotta justify their purchase.

Sleazy Car Salesman

Believe me when I say that I will take your money
kiwifarms.net
All the seasons are on Torrents and most popular anime streaming sites. Don't worry it's not going anywhere.
I don't even recall RT being very hard on anti-piracy, those 15 people paying for FIRST just gotta justify their purchase.
Yeah I'm just pointing out that you can still watch them.

batigol

kiwifarms.net
What was most noticeable about that "Ray" thread is that their audience doesn't understand, or is wilfully ignoring why YouTube views and subscriber growth is important to Rooster Teeth even with First memberships.

Their existing base of First members will attrition over time and those members who leave need to be replace with new ones, the pipeline for new members is YouTube. If their YouTube channels are declining in views and declining or stagnating in subscribers then their sales funnel for First memberships is also proportionally declining.

Their is only so much they can make this up by milking the whales among their First members for merchandise, live events, and other crap.

Without YouTube pulling it's weight they will slowly fade away until WB sells the brand or shitcans it.

The hopium is real.

Slurgle

kiwifarms.net
The argument that a good portion of their audience might be on their website is fascinating to me, since "alternate solutions" to big services such as YouTube rarely manage to attract substantial attention especially if, in the first place, the content creator built up a base on the big web site in question. See what happened during the various adpocalypses.

At this point, the company might just be propped up on the back of whales (as said above), or subsidies from a parent company.

Benjamin Sisko

kiwifarms.net
Without YouTube pulling it's weight they will slowly fade away until WB sells the brand or shitcans it.
What are the chances in the foreseeable future that this is going to happen? Maybe if the DCEU really tanks after the Flash and the following movies?

Also the more I watch Armitage FH compilations and the more I get heavy nostalgia of what it used to be, and how I never would have been able to predict Funhaus ending like it is now.

LecherousGranolaBar

kiwifarms.net
I hope the same fate for Funhaus. I really wish for them to crash and burn by mid-2022, but apparently most of the fans are high on copium as the average views for the last videos is around 65k. A fucking shame.
It wouldn't surprise me to see Funhaus congealed into the greater Lets Play Family soon enough. They did the same with all the RT channels recently, crushing them down all onto the main channel.
What are the chances in the foreseeable future that this is going to happen? Maybe if the DCEU really tanks after the Flash and the following movies?
I think RT might end up being downsized to just its animation division if WB ever went the downsizing route. Cut down to just its animation core and prolly congeal it with idk Cartoon Network or something. RWBY becomes a Toonami thing like Gen Lock and they take the fanbase with them at least.

But there's also a part of me that feels like RT is barely a blip on WBs radar. Even with flailing numbers, they attract enough eyes for sponsorships and they literally play the same 3 games almost constantly. 3 games that are incredibly old, so don't need new hardware and its not like they need new copies of the games or anything.
If you subscribe to that theory then people like Ray and Jeremy are threats to RT.
I think there is something to be said about that. Ray leaving and being as successful as he is proves pretty much none of the classic talent still at RT need RT to succeed anymore. Same story with Bruce, Lawrence and Jeremy too. Even Matt could probably pull livable stream numbers if he decided to fuck off too.

At a point higher ups at RT realized they need these talents more than the talent needed them and if they could leave and succeed on their own, making more money than they did at RT well, that's a disaster for the company. Stack that with the fact that solo streaming is absolutely less stressful than working in a corporate environment. You can stream whatever games you want and aren't beholden to just playing Minecraft, GTAV and TTT for 8 hours a fuckin day.

Not to mention every OG talent that leaves AH/FH is another nail in the coffin for the branch. God help AH if Micheal or Gavin ever decided to leave and FH would get squatted tomorrow if James and Elyse ever decided to leave.