Rooster Teeth / Achievement Hunter / Let's Play / Funhaus / Inside Gaming - Do you ever wonder why we're still here? Dick pics and sellouts ahoy. Currently being sued.

• The site is having difficulties because our bandwidth is totally overextended. Our 1Gbps line is at 100% even when there aren't 8000 people on the site. We were supposed to get a second Gbps line months ago but I'm struggling to get technicians scheduled to set it up.

When was the last time RvB was good?

• Before RWBY

Votes: 61 62.9%
  • Season 10

Votes: 22 22.7%
  • Season 11

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Season 12

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Season 13

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • Season 14

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Before RvB Zero

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AuxPersonality

kiwifarms.net
I suppose that's fair enough but even when he was at his peak he was still playing second fiddle to everyone else.
Some times you just got to have warm bodies, AH has always been a sum of it's parts. When Jack wasn't being a bitch and participating in the comedy he was just fine. Even if he was 2nd tier.

Maybe that's why I dislike him so much now, he is not a front line material and the more he try's to sit in Geoff's chair and lead these videos the more I want him to fuck right off.

Sleazy Car Salesman

Believe me when I say that I will take your money
kiwifarms.net
So rewatching some old Let's Plays reminded me of some names, does anyone have any clue what happened to some of the guys like Caleb and Kaiden? The guys that were always kinda in the background. I assume they just left.

Nod Flenders

kiwifarms.net
So I found this video of RT Minecraft moments from their old videos and it made me realize that Jack was always a cunt. I guess I always knew it intuitively but it never really registered until I realized that all of Jack's contributions to their Let's Plays was just being a salty bitch.
Jack is a charisma vacuum, so to compensate for it, he's a cunt. Not just on camera, but off camera as well.

CptnSnshn

Submissive and Breedable.
kiwifarms.net
4 Months ago: https://www.reddit.com/r/roosterteeth/comments/ptebep/kys_audio_is_too_loud/

2 Months ago: https://www.reddit.com/r/roosterteeth/comments/qgbj9d/first_mica_then_fiona_now_ky_and_blackkrystel/

1 Month ago: https://www.reddit.com/r/roosterteeth/comments/r4eui1/can_we_all_just_chill_for_once/

It's amazing to see a community de-evolve this hard this fast RT fans have always been sycophants and awful when it comes to criticism but how does anyone who makes anything let it get this bad, some of them have university degree's they must know that criticism is life blood of creators.

Benjamin Sisko

kiwifarms.net
So I found this video of RT Minecraft moments from their old videos and it made me realize that Jack was always a cunt. I guess I always knew it intuitively but it never really registered until I realized that all of Jack's contributions to their Let's Plays was just being a salty bitch.
If you look back into it, Jack and FH Adam have always been the "fun ruining cunts". Adam derailed multiple gameplays like Civ6 because he couldn't go back to jerk off into the bathroom fast enough.

Sharyn

kiwifarms.net
Aging out of AH/RT content is one thing but they haven't actually managed to capture a new audience and LazarBeam, that Australian guy they took under their wing a couple years back when the LP Family started is now getting more views on his videos than RT ever did.

2 day old video, 3.2m views. That might be more than Rooster Teeth gets with all their channels combined in a whole month.

You're an idiot

kiwifarms.net
Aging out of AH/RT content is one thing but they haven't actually managed to capture a new audience and LazarBeam, that Australian guy they took under their wing a couple years back when the LP Family started is now getting more views on his videos than RT ever did.

2 day old video, 3.2m views. That might be more than Rooster Teeth gets with all their channels combined in a whole month.
LazarBeam got the omega powerful Fortnite booster and skyrocketed past them all after only a short time. At first I wasn't impressed by it because Fortnite was just free views right after it's initial launch, but I am now definitely impressed by him because usually the creator falls off hard after a year or so. Being able to retain that success is something to be proud of no matter what the content is.

Hagfish

kiwifarms.net
If you look back into it, Jack and FH Adam have always been the "fun ruining cunts". Adam derailed multiple gameplays like Civ6 because he couldn't go back to jerk off into the bathroom fast enough.
at least the selling point with adam in a lot of gameplays, mostly back in the inside gaming days, was his ability to break a game which often brought hilarity.

manlikebigp

Smoking Monkberry Moon Delight
kiwifarms.net
So rewatching some old Let's Plays reminded me of some names, does anyone have any clue what happened to some of the guys like Caleb and Kaiden? The guys that were always kinda in the background. I assume they just left.
Kdin became a weird tranny freak (what do you expect with a name like that) and I think he is still with RT whereas Caleb left to become a full time Pro-Frisbee player and I believe had a kid. The two extremes, eh? Really a red pill vs a blue pill kind of deal.

Benjamin Sisko

kiwifarms.net
at least the selling point with adam in a lot of gameplays, mostly back in the inside gaming days, was his ability to break a game which often brought hilarity.
Eh sure. Jack was a lot more bitchy and whiney compared to Adam.
Kdin became a weird tranny freak (what do you expect with a name like that) and I think he is still with RT whereas Caleb left to become a full time Pro-Frisbee player and I believe had a kid. The two extremes, eh? Really a red pill vs a blue pill kind of deal.
Now that I've gone back to rewatching old Minecraft stuff (hitting almost the 10th year mark on Episode 1 by the way), I did remember that Caleb fucked off RT and went on to become a Pro-Frisbee player. I did not know that was a sport, but good for him, better than sticking in RT.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Now that we’re talking old LP fun stuff, Ray losing his shit at Gavin for team killing him in Rainbow Six will always be hilarious to me.

Also that one insult in a different video that got bleeped out and the the explanation of the joke(because Gavin didn’t get it) bleeped for like 5 seconds that made Micheal and Geoff lose their shit.

DimitryPidarBlyat

kiwifarms.net
Now that we’re talking old LP fun stuff, Ray losing his shit at Gavin for team killing him in Rainbow Six will always be hilarious to me.

Also that one insult in a different video that got bleeped out and the the explanation of the joke(because Gavin didn’t get it) bleeped for like 5 seconds that made Micheal and Geoff lose their shit.
Oh man, I used to hate it when they would bleep stuff. I would love it if they released an uncensored version of every LP that had bleeps but we all know they don't have the balls to do that.

Nod Flenders

kiwifarms.net
"No, "criticism" is just another excuse for "fans" to be racist towards our diversity hires new employees" - Geoff, probably
Why can't they just fix the damn audio? Are they too cheap? No matter how hard they try to push it, loudness does not equal funniness. Also, isn't them saying black people are loud make them racist themselves?

Spud

kiwifarms.net
Why can't they just fix the damn audio? Are they too cheap? No matter how hard they try to push it, loudness does not equal funniness. Also, isn't them saying black people are loud make them racist themselves?

Shh, you're thinking to hard about this, black people Audio needs special skills to mix and master correctly to make sure they're elevated above that of the White Colonizer.

DimitryPidarBlyat

kiwifarms.net
It's not a money thing, it's a racism thing. Audio engineers are inherently racist because they are activley silencing black voices with their editing software and their sliders and fancy equipment.

Serious answer though, I think they know their audio is trash, but they refuse to listen to the portion of the audience that they see as "racist" for pointing out a technical issue. Yes, they've always been loud, but their sound levels where fucking balanced back then and listeing to them shout over each other didn't hurt my ears. Now they probably also got lazy and don't care about quality much, only quantity. Doesn't help that they probably lost all the passion they once had. It's no longer a bunch of friends playing video games together, it's a bunch of coworkers playing video games because they have to.

I was able to find that vibe again with RDCWorld1 and their gaming videos. It feels like old AH used to feel, to me at least. They are loud too, and their audio is hella inconsistent in older videos, and even in newer ones, but I can chalk that up to them being amatures. Regardless of that, they balance their audio as best they can. If a bunch of dudes with no professional editing experience can do that, AH should be ashamed that their team of professional editors cannot do something as simple as balancing audio.

Faggotty Rabbitty

kiwifarms.net
If they had Uncensored versions on their website they'd probably get more people going to it.
I think they did that once with a "Let's Watch" series. I think the game was called "House Party" or something. Basically, a bunch of teenagers have a party, and it is the players mission to have sex with them. Ryan was the one playing that, funnily enough, and the game had nudity and actual sex scenes, so they censored them on YouTube but left them uncensored on the Rooster Teeth website.

Cactuar King

kiwifarms.net
I think they did that once with a "Let's Watch" series. I think the game was called "House Party" or something. Basically, a bunch of teenagers have a party, and it is the players mission to have sex with them. Ryan was the one playing that, funnily enough, and the game had nudity and actual sex scenes, so they censored them on YouTube but left them uncensored on the Rooster Teeth website.
They did, but they took those videos down even before Ryan was fired. Apparently someone felt the game was too inappropriate, which is a shame, because Ryan jerking off onto a girl while his friends egged him on is hilarious in so many ways.