Roosterteeth / Achievement Hunter / Let's Play / Funhaus / Inside Gaming - Do you ever wonder why we're still here? Dick pics and sellouts ahoy.

Hugbox Kommissar

You wouldn't download an ideology
kiwifarms.net
I hate watching twitch streamers, but I tried watching Bruce. He is so passively aggressive to his fans, it's obnoxious and completely put me off any of his stuff.

Anyone else think it's crazy hypocritical that he and Autumn just had a wedding across the country (Florida) when him and the rest of RT and alums complain relentlessly about "covidiots"?
Yeah the "no negativity" rules and the "pay it forward" encouragements seem like a backhanded way to guilt his viewers into more donations.

Insalubrious

Edit: a word
kiwifarms.net
I stopped watching around then because of Geoff (whoever voiced griff) and his forced dick jokes and mentioning he has a cock every 5 fucking seconds during their lets plays. Still seriously suprised it was the Inside gaming faggots (who killed machinima single handedly with their "IS BrEATHING AIR NECESSARY?-tier "news" spam every fucking day.) and not Geoff who got outed as a sex pest for describing his genitalia for months on end on a youtube show watched by primarily minors back then.
Burnie talked about this on a podcast once. He said that Geoff talks about dicks so much that he could see him sitting down to dinner with his family and saying "So what would you guys like to talk about for dicks today?" Having said that I don't think it's predatory like you're implying though. At least it never came across that way to me, I think it's mostly just part of his sense of humor.

Jaded Optimist

Me Love You Long Time
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah the "no negativity" rules and the "pay it forward" encouragements seem like a backhanded way to guilt his viewers into more donations.
I hate that anytime a slightly different opinion was expressed he keeps harping on it.
"Sorry, generic name, I'm going to play the game I want"
"Its okay chat, generic name, never does anything wrong apparently"
"generic name, must be a perfect human being chat, they apparently never make mistakes"
And so on for at least 10 minutes despite that person not commenting anymore and/or being put in "time out". Like chill out, he made a comment that he thought was helpful or was just talking to chat.

Antarctic Hellbeast

"Roaming the ice fields of Antarctica"
kiwifarms.net
Burnie talked about this on a podcast once. He said that Geoff talks about dicks so much that he could see him sitting down to dinner with his family and saying "So what would you guys like to talk about for dicks today?" Having said that I don't think it's predatory like you're implying though. At least it never came across that way to me, I think it's mostly just part of his sense of humor.
It wasnt predatory, just annoying as hell. It wasnt until he stopped featuring in the lets plays that I checked back around the time RVB had devolved from a machinma to an autistically long fight scene after fight scene every episode for 5 minutes a sequence besides maybe a paragraph of total dialogue in most episodes of that wierd bastardization era between the reach and halo 4 seasons.

I have no idea when they got to halo 4 yet alone 5 if they ever did. Stopped watching because that hack weeb "Monty oof" taking over writing for everything from RVB to the weekly story animations they used to do and the cultists that act like you insult their god when in reality he was a better animator than story writer as he never improved the quality of his writing and just pissed out 2D flat "action figures" that solely exist for hilariously over the top weeb fight scenes.

Haloid definitely showcased that as there was zero fucking dialog and story besides samus and chief doing an autistically long over the top anime fight sequence against what would normally zap both their heads off in 2 seconds like the infamous legendary jackal snipers of halo 2 are known to do to this day.

every now and again the reach episodes for RVB pop up and are pretty good, zero weeb faggot fight scenes from what I remember and it had some pretty good practical machinima fx and some video editing. Was before the season immediately after that which showcased the insane levels of weeb delusions of grandeur and I was turned off for good from them.

Also didnt help that bungie stopped making halo and had fucked off to make destiny and suffered a coup d'état which led to that dumpster fire of another topic around that time. Which really killed the hype for anything Halo related for a while, Especially after the flop of 4.

Yet they also hired him to do RWBY and I already said my piece on that in the RWBY thread.

Last edited:

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
at least 8 years.
3 years, actually.
Jeremy made achievement guides for the Spyro Trilogy, which was released in 2018.
Also, the Achievement Hunters did try to do a challenge series about who could earn the most of Minecraft's achievements.
That was around the same time.
There already is a thread on RWBY in community watch
It's actually in Multimedia. Same as this one.

Druveer

kiwifarms.net
Congratulations, that's unbelievably cunty of you to say. Even if it's true, saying that is akin to telling fans to fuck off. You're signaling that you want nothing to do with them, and all they wanted was just to say they appreciate your work. This is why people are becoming more and more open to shitting on you, you're directly inviting it.
I'm sure Barb is just overjoyed that Lindsey just showed everyone that she's just that much more a cunt than everyone already thought.
at least 8 years.

Long gone are the days of social cohesion where difficult but balanced achievements being the coolest thing ever when most games since the 2010's increasing have "you wiped your ass!" among other trivial bullshit with the autistic spike immediately to "Spend 1000 IRL years on this game!" "achievements"
They did that GTA heist thing where they couldn't die... that was for an achievement right? But it's wasn't a guide so I'm not sure if that is what were talking about.

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
kiwifarms.net
I'm sure Barb is just overjoyed that Lindsey just showed everyone that she's just that much more a cunt than everyone already thought.

They did that GTA heist thing where they couldn't die... that was for an achievement right? But it's wasn't a guide so I'm not sure if that is what were talking about.
Not an achievement, an in game challenge

Internet's Boyfriend

Whoa.
kiwifarms.net
Congratulations, that's unbelievably cunty of you to say. Even if it's true, saying that is akin to telling fans to fuck off. You're signaling that you want nothing to do with them, and all they wanted was just to say they appreciate your work. This is why people are becoming more and more open to shitting on you, you're directly inviting it.
I mean I get it, I don't think any celebrity(or "celebrity" in this case) is genuinely enthusiastic about interacting with fans. After a while appearing at cons and meeting fans would get boring and monotonous, especially considering the kind of cringy autists that are RT fans, so I understand that they'd have to force themselves to act friendly and inviting despite how they really felt. But why would you publicly admit that? Like it's your fucking job, suck it up or get a new one.

I hate watching twitch streamers, but I tried watching Bruce. He is so passively aggressive to his fans, it's obnoxious and completely put me off any of his stuff.

Anyone else think it's crazy hypocritical that he and Autumn just had a wedding across the country (Florida) when him and the rest of RT and alums complain relentlessly about "covidiots"?
There was a thread a month or two ago on r/funhaus asking if people would support Adam if he came back and started doing stuff again, like streaming or whatever. Someone brought up Bruce's streams and obviously there were people who were like "I loved Bruce with Funhaus, but I can't get into his streams" and just like airing their grievances about it. This pissed off Bruce and he started arguing with people over it. He's like nearly 40 and he's getting into stupid slapfights online because they don't like him or what he does. He's thin skinned, but I guess that's business as usual for people these days.

Your NSA Handler

Glowing. Watching. Laughing.
kiwifarms.net
I mean I get it, I don't think any celebrity(or "celebrity" in this case) is genuinely enthusiastic about interacting with fans. After a while appearing at cons and meeting fans would get boring and monotonous, especially considering the kind of cringy autists that are RT fans, so I understand that they'd have to force themselves to act friendly and inviting despite how they really felt. But why would you publicly admit that? Like it's your fucking job, suck it up or get a new one.

There was a thread a month or two ago on r/funhaus asking if people would support Adam if he came back and started doing stuff again, like streaming or whatever. Someone brought up Bruce's streams and obviously there were people who were like "I loved Bruce with Funhaus, but I can't get into his streams" and just like airing their grievances about it. This pissed off Bruce and he started arguing with people over it. He's like nearly 40 and he's getting into stupid slapfights online because they don't like him or what he does. He's thin skinned, but I guess that's business as usual for people these days.
Bruce’s whininess is really off putting. His argument with Michael (I linked it earlier) makes him look pathetic.

Most Dumbest Bitch

[LGBT] Leader of Antifa
kiwifarms.net
Not with that dumpy face and those shitty locks of hair. I swear, as a straight guy, I thought he looked pretty good for an average dude for the past few years. Why does anyone think he looks good now?

Gotta agree here. I think the issue is in large part that he has two kids AND had them in the middle of a pandemic - stress on top of stress generally means neglecting personal care, so that's probably why he's become a bit of a slouch in the looks area. My favorite Michael era (both in looks and in sense of humor) definitely has to be from right around the time Ray joined RT:

1618341567064.png

The irony of this for me is how easily the roles could have been reversed; so many of the RT staff were fans first, Barbara and Lindsay included. How many times did they say some embarrassing shit after meeting the founders for the first time and the founders had to just be polite and friendly in spite of how embarrassing it was?

Again, I do agree that pretty much any celebrity would feel this way, and I don't begrudge them that; RT fans are notoriously obnoxious. I guess their whole gambit in sharing that is trying to be "real", which I know is something they've been playing at for years - but do they sincerely think they can keep that schtick up given everything that's happened to RT over the years? They're not a ragtag group of Gamers™, they're part of multimedia conglomerate. They're no more real than that horrible dick pic photoshop that was linked a few pages back.

Do you guys think there's any possibility for some of the current RT cast members to eventually break away and form their own groups or start their own careers? Ray was able to break off with extreme success, but that was years ago; is there any chance that someone like Michael or Alfred could do it with any modicum of the same success?

Blessed_feed

I'm totally not retarded
kiwifarms.net
My favorite Michael era (both in looks and in sense of humor) definitely has to be from right around the time Ray joined RT:
I could actually consider him attractive at that time, now he just looks like he smells like sweat and baby food
I couldn't be bothered to watch the tiktok, I'm not going through that kind of torture
I hate how gay people act like the only way to be proud of their sexuality is to mention is 24/7. Like nobody gives a fuck if you like dick or pussy, stop telling us

You're an idiot

kiwifarms.net
I couldn't be bothered to watch the tiktok, I'm not going through that kind of torture
For as long as I live, I will never watch anything that involves Fiona ever again. She is nothing but a spoiled girl who has never once struggled in the way that the most unfortunate do, yet paradoxically she pretends as if she's experienced being a victim by talking about how hard it is to live her incredibly fortunate life. She's emblematic of our society's rapidly degrading social structure. She only serves to keep black individuals in mental chains by insinuating all their problems are the fault of society, and therefore absolves them of their own responsibility. She holds back the potential of anyone that would listen to her. I can only hope she fails at everything that she does where she's influential, only so that maybe her voice will quietly fade away, and she can't bring any potential setbacks to the progress of everyday people.

Chilson

kiwifarms.net
For as long as I live, I will never watch anything that involves Fiona ever again. She is nothing but a spoiled girl who has never once struggled in the way that the most unfortunate do, yet paradoxically she pretends as if she's experienced being a victim by talking about how hard it is to live her incredibly fortunate life. She's emblematic of our society's rapidly degrading social structure. She only serves to keep black individuals in mental chains by insinuating all their problems are the fault of society, and therefore absolves them of their own responsibility. She holds back the potential of anyone that would listen to her. I can only hope she fails at everything that she does where she's influential, only so that maybe her voice will quietly fade away, and she can't bring any potential setbacks to the progress of everyday people.
You have described social justice for the last god knows how many decades, congratulations.