Roosterteeth / Achievement Hunter / Let's Play / Funhaus / Inside Gaming - Do you ever wonder why we're still here? Dick pics and sellouts ahoy.

• Emails (registration / password reset) appear to be working; be sure to check spam.

Cold Root Beer

Refreshing
kiwifarms.net
I'll accept any thunks and puzzles I get for this one, but this whole trend of purging "problematic" gaming comedy makes me think of the cyclical cultural cycles of the world.

Like, in the 1950s you had standup comedians working squeaky clean until Lenny Bruce came along and did his dirty comedy which was super popular and the audiences loved it. But he caught a lot of shit, being put on trial for obscenity for his comedy club performances, and having literal police presence at his shows to arrest him on stage for just telling his dirty comedy. And he only appeared on TV like 6 times in total, despite his huge popularity.

But going through all that hardship kinda paved the way for the future dirty comics like Richard Pryor and George Carlin, who in turn inspired pretty much all of the major comedians today.

I feel that groups like FunHaus and RoosterTeeth had the real opportunity a couple years back to leverage the fact that they could still stand (relatively) without relying on YouTube ads by leveraging First Memberships and their site to stick to their guns and do the kind of edgy comedy that a huge market segment craves that is censored and demonetized on Youtube. Like, the initial success of FunHaus was largely in part to their willingness to push the line when it came to their jokes. If they censor themselves down to just woke, they're in the same pool as a billion other dime a dozen youtubers chasing youtube monetization. Imagine if RT/AH/FH/etc. kept the humor as it was years ago, but uploaded the "bleep out the stuff that will get us demonetized" version to youtube, but had the uncensored version on their site behind the paywall. Or hell, fix the video player and have it on their site open with independently sourced ads.

I feel like by not staying true to their original culture, they were always destined to fail as a company. I was listening to a podcast where a person in a completely different industry was speaking about achieving success as a company. And he said one of the key things to do is to figure out what your core values as a company are. Things that you are willing to stick to no matter what, that you will never compromise on, no matter what the situation. Take a good long time to figure out what those are, and write them down. Commit to them. And then, every so often, go back and review the core values and see if you're sticking to them. Especially if things start going sideways, because you'll almost always find that when things are going sideways, it's because you've fell off the track on at least one tenant of your core values, and once you work back to maintaining that core value, it will right the ship.

I couldn't even imagine any core values that RoosterTeeth holds, even the ones they might want to proclaim they have, so let me take a crack at some of them.

"Be Inclusive to the LGBTBBQ"? Hmm, remember when Kdin would appear in Let's Plays (and for a time, let's build's) way back when? He wasn't bad on the mic or the controller, to be honest. But suddenly when he goes troon, boom, straight to the editors room, and suddenly no more appearances. Gay representation? They had that one guy on Always Open that Barbara basically used to act as the stereotypical catty gay bestie, like out of a 1990s stereotype. And all the "lesbians" at RT were inevitably "claim being bi for attention" types, or lipstick lesbians who magically decided after a year or two that they were actually "Bi" but exclusively date men for some reason now. If appealing to the gay audience is one of their core values, they've been lazy and failed pretty hard on it. Even the soulless big corp I work for does the bare minimum that they do, which is throw a rainbow on the logo for a month and put out some copy saying "gay good, beating gays bad".

What else, "Be more inclusive to the BIPOC?". Well, rather than just saying 'here's our content, make black people like it', they could have trying making content that appealed to the audience they wanted to appeal to. Sports games and FGC are huge in the black scene. Hell, at one point they had TwoBestFriends under their Let's Play umbrella, with Woolie Madden, a massive black otaku with a love of fighting games. They had him over with Achievement Hunter one time, ever. With all the failed projects they've had, they could have easily made a FGC or sports game splinter group, and fostered content that way, and organically brought black people into the content fold. No, instead they think adding one half black half french girl to a group of gooney beard men playing dorky fuckin minecraft every week is going to somehow make their corny content somehow palatable to that segment. And the core RT stuff? Not even middle class whites want to listen to upper class whites complain about minor inconveniences in air travel, or buying a Testla. So throwing a black person into the middle of the podcast but keeping everything else the same is still going to be shit. So, they've failed that one as a core value as well.

Core values like "put your audience first", obvious failure on that one. Also, "Put your employees first", huge fail on that one two. Shit, even the soulless values like "Maximize profit" or "Maximize exposure", fails on both counts. They're an utter failure of a business because they never really had any core values, or if they did they abandoned them years ago.

Your NSA Handler

Glowing. Watching. Laughing.
kiwifarms.net
I couldn't even imagine any core values that RoosterTeeth holds, even the ones they might want to proclaim they have
Here’s one Burnie talked about, long ago on the drunk tank: They never wanted to make contemporary jokes, especially about pop culture. He said it dated their content, and made it cheap.

Definitely stuck to that one. Good job, RT.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Here’s one Burnie talked about, long ago on the drunk tank: They never wanted to make contemporary jokes, especially about pop culture. He said it dated their content, and made it cheap.

Definitely stuck to that one. Good job, RT.
That’s what happens when you got bought by a major corporation. I can’t even say they shouldn’t have done it, since I’d imagine the money was really good. But they should have, at the very least, negotiated with the person buy them so that they could still keep up their brand of comedy.

Cold Root Beer

Refreshing
kiwifarms.net
That’s what happens when you got bought by a major corporation. I can’t even say they shouldn’t have done it, since I’d imagine the money was really good. But they should have, at the very least, negotiated with the person buy them so that they could still keep up their brand of comedy.
For anyone interested, the person who I listened to speak about the core values thing was Dave Tate, founder of EliteFTS, and their three core values are "Focus", "Trust", and "Strength", hence the name.
That's the crucial part of a business's core values: they have to be so core to you, all the other founders, and the employees that nothing could make you willingly compromise them. Not even a big corpo coming and offering you 5 million dollars to do something that would make you compromise one of the core values. Because no quick buyout will truly compare to a well-run successful, respected business. And respect and trust take a long time to build but a very short time to lose.

Maybe if you're getting so much of a payout that you're just going to quit and live off the interest of the massive payday you've been given, it could be worth it, but if you're ever looking to continue doing business, or start a different business, you're fucked.

Look at RT. When they had trust, they were able to convince multiple higher level content creators on youtube to come under their umbrella (InsideGaming=>Funhaus, SugarPineSeven, The Creatures=>CowChop), but they managed to piss away all the trust, and now AH can't even convince Jeremy to stay, and they're bringing on literal nobodies. By selling out their core, they've bled talent, bled money, lost any trust or marketshare they once held, and are in an objectively worse place than if they had just stuck to some core values. By selling out, what did they actually gain, on the big scale? GenLock to try to bust into the mainstream media market? It was a total flop. RoosterTeeth was doing online video content long before almost anyone else. They fostered so much of their core audience through forums, and eventually Youtube. That's a core value, "Being internet-first". So, when they sold out everything to try to make GenLock sell to TV and big media, it was an utter failure. Because they lost sight of (what was at least once) a core value of the company.

Same thing with them getting celeb voice actors for GenLock. One of the original appeals of RT was that all the content was closely linked. Someone would start watching AH, and then if they started watching RvB or RWBY, they'd hear the crossover, and vise-versa. To their main audience, the fact it was (as fucking gay as it sounds) "one big family" in their core media output was a core aspect of the company. And I'm sure it helped keep the costs down, and also meant that you had a lot of overlap for any of the cons or events. By hiring celeb voice actors (that nobody within the core RT fanbase really would give a shit about), they spent a shit ton of money they would never re-coup, and made it that any promotional work or events with the voice actors would come at an enormous expense (or just not happen at all), whereas when they just used RT people to voice stuff it was easy/free, since the employee will be around anyway. So, they sacrificed a core aspect of their company once again, and it was ultimately a very expensive failure.

Ultimately, RT is a business. But the only times businesses can actually get away with being grubby scum-suckers are when circumstances prevent any competition from seriously opposing their market share (like telecom companies) or they're extremely good at being grubby scum-suckers and it generates a profit for shareholders. RT is nothing. They've failed their employees, they've failed their audience. That's why their content now seems so confused and boring. They don't know what they're doing or where they're going. They're adrift in the sea of mediocrity.

Insalubrious

Edit: a word
kiwifarms.net
Not even middle class whites want to listen to upper class whites complain about minor inconveniences in air travel, or buying a Testla
There was a moment like this in today's Off Topic. Michael was complaining about the delivery people ringing his doorbell when he orders food at 12am because it wakes his sleeping children. I couldn't help but roll my eyes, it's such a stupid problem that he creates for himself and he got really upset while talking about it. He could just eat at a more reasonable time, put a note at the door for the driver that says not to ring the doorbell, or maybe even make his own food but no, that would make too much sense.
-Michael, Gavin, Jeremy and Matt are on this episode

-This is not an in person episode so I anticipate audio delays

-Michaels audio quality is somewhat poor

-Michael says that they "botched" the episode and that is why they are doing it from home, says that the studio is currently full

-Michael's daughters can be heard in the background, they are loud

-Gavin says that he is excited to be on the podcast

-Michael says that he almost did not ask Gavin to be on the podcast since it's from home

-Gavin says his carpet is crusty due to a recent episode of Play Pals

-Michael's daughters can still be heard in the background and it is somewhat annoying, especially paired with the audio issues he is experiencing

-Gavin says that during the aforementioned Play Pals he spilled his "shitty starbucks drink" and that it got everywhere, he apparently can not be bothered to clean it up

-Gavin, Michael and Jeremy say they like the video game series "The Room"

-Gavin says that his streaming room is falling apart, his light fixtures have apparently collapsed

-Gavin says that Michael's camera/lighting setup makes him look like a ham. Michael agrees and Matt and Jeremy both say "There was a nicer way to say that"

-Michael says his camera setup is shit but he does not care because there is at least adequate light

-Gavin and Matt bemoan the short battery lives that most cameras seem to have

-Michael says that he will wear Gavin's skin

-Michael adjust his camera settings, Gavin says that he now looks like "a ham in the dark"

-Gavin compares Michael tearing down/setting up his streaming equipment to "someone in the air force" flying a plane, he says it seems like a nightmare

-Matt says that if something in his home breaks he usually does not bother to fix it for a very long time. He says that if his fridge were to stop working he would just throw it out and buy a new one

-Matt says that he can not use ladders or fix his doorbell

-Michael (or Lindsay) need to keep their children quiet. The screaming is getting to me

-Matt says that he went to bed at "7 'o'clock" one day and he seems to mean 7am

-Michael says that he regularly orders food at 12am and that the delivery drivers ring his doorbell, which causes his children to wake up, he is very upset about it. He wishes that they would "just throw his food on the ground and walk away"

-Jeremy says that contactless delivery is "the best thing to come out of the pandemic" and Michael is still upset that "people don't adhere to it". He is still upset about it and I can't help but feel that his frustration is somewhat childish

-Jeremy says that he once ordered food and before his delivery arrived he had to chase away a group of nearby turkey because he did not want the driver to have to deal with them

-There is an ad read for felix gray

-Michael says that he is annoyed by his doorbell camera sending pointless alerts to his phone (it is motion activated). He says "it's a hard life"

-Gavin once had some wasps build a nest over his doorbell camera

-Jeremy must live in a somewhat remote area, he says that he only sees cars driving by about twice a day

-Gavin says that he had a drink with "Papa Dooley" the other day, Jeremy goes on to say that Gavin, Meg, Alfredo and Jackie visited him recently

-Jeremy says that his father "yammers and talks" about nonsense for entertainment purposes

-Jeremy's father was sad that the group did not want to stay and drink with him (he only drinks when other people are around I guess)

-Gavin felt that he was invading Jeremy's privacy by drinking at his parent's house while Jeremy was away (Jeremy says he visits his father often). Gavin says he had a good time

-They show a picture of aforementioned group playing a board game. At a glance Meg, Jackie, and Cat (Jeremy's wife) all look like slight variations of the same person

-Gavin and Jeremy about the board game they were playing, the game is very long-running and they put it on hold for a year due to corona

-Jeremy was blending some cardboard cards from the game into a 'smoothie' with some water (???) and he picked up his blender while it was running, he dropped it and almost broke it. His wife was upset

-Alfredo chose to name his dog after a character from the game

-There is a 3rd ad read for express VPN. One at the beginning, again immediately after the intro and one at ~30 minutes

-Michael says that "shit's gettin' okay" in reference to "being able to do things" because muh pandemic. Gavin says that he is going to jinx it and Michael tells him that it is all his (Gavin's) fault anyway

-Michael says that he has had house guests recently but they hung out in his backyard instead of going into his home. He has also gone to dinner "once or twice". He says that he is planning on going to a bar sometime soon to just sit there and drink for hours

-Michael says that he "had a couple people over" when Fiona was in town

-Michael tells a stupid story about Fiona being an obnoxious retard

-Michael says that the last thing he did before the pandemic was go bowling, he later regretted it because it was very crowded

-Gavin says that he cannot tell whether or not he goes bowling "ironically". He thinks it's fun but does not actually seem to know if he is supposed to enjoy it

-Michael says that he does not like people who take bowling seriously, Gavin says that Geoff does this because he used to be good at it

-Michael's daughters are still being loud intermittently

-While at the bowling alley Jeremy ran up to Michael and did some bit abut his bowling score because he thought he was recording a video. Michael allowed him to carry on for ~20 seconds before telling him that he was just taking a picture

-Jeremy says that he would like to be sponsored by some brand of liquor

-I am beginning to suspect that Michael's daughters are actually in the same room he is because you can hear them quite clearly at times

-Jeremy says that he always keeps a bottle of liquor under his desk. Michael replies with "Who are you, Fiona?" and then does an impression of Fiona dumbly demanding said liquor. Michael compares this behavior to his daughters because they do similar things

-They ring the first bell and Michael begs the audience to give money to their dying company

-Gavin describes a moment from a recent TTT video, he says that it is his "favorite moment with Alfredo, and that's including me throwing a moonball at his testicles while he was in the air"

-The conversation turns to their favorite moments in TTT (or whatever game they are talking about) and it feels a bit like old Achievement Hunter. I am quickly brought back to reality however when this moment is promptly interrupted by an ad read for some company that sells stamps to people that are too lazy to go to the post office

-Jeremy moves his camera to show all of the liquor he keeps in his office. He says that he is trying to do what his dad does and only drink when others are present and that he needs to lower his calorie intake due to some stomach ailment. Michael presses Jeremy to drink but he refuses to do so. Michael says that the fact that Jeremy is not currently drinking is insulting

-Matt says that he is not currently drinking because he already drank all of the beer he had in his home earlier in the day

-Gavin points out that Matt has a tendency to answer questions as vaguely as possible

-Matt says that he used to listen to their fuckface podcast but stopped because he was told by someone that Geoff insulted him on an episode that he was about to watch

-Michael says that he feels like he was "reborn" in the last few years

-Michael shows us his "team nice dynamite" tattoo that he has and says that when he travels by air he wears a wristband to cover it

-Jeremy almost got Gavin's name tattooed on his shoulder as a joke but decided against it

-Gavin says that Geoff has a tattoo of Gavin's nose

-Michael talks about how they streamed Halo 2 & 3 recently, he says that they are notoriously bad at it as they are with everything

-Jeremy says that they are bad at video games because they play a lot of different games and don't bother trying to be good at any of them

-Gavin says "It's like a jack of all trades scenario, except I feel like we're a 4 of all trades". Michael says that they are "a crap of all trades"

-Michael produces a half eaten container of McDonalds french fries and says "I got a supply drop". Gavin says that Michael had eaten some food from Wendy's earlier in the day

-Jeremy says that he was planning on grilling later but might not be able to because it is raining, he says this is a strange childlike (and Trevor-esque) voice

-Jeremy talks about going to an escape room when Gavin and company went to visit him

-Jeremy owns two mustangs, one is a convertible

-Michael says that the post-team is going to play Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events on the ps2 after the podcast (???)

-Jeremy says that he is playing minecraft today in order to get the new achievements they put out for it

-Michael says that he is very excited about the new Ratchet and Clank game. He says he does not have time to play it, from the way he talks about it they must run a pretty strict schedule for the games they play at "work"

-Michael says "I am one of the six people in America that has a ps5"

-Michael has that "Gavin's gotta go get off" and begins to bring the podcast to a close

-Michael says that Jack and Geoff are on vacation/"work" trip for their new roller coaster show. Jeremy, referencing an old AWHU, says that they ran into "Klenan Thompson"

-Michael says they will be back in the studio next week and Gavin may or may not be there

Its not me I swear

kiwifarms.net
There was a moment like this in today's Off Topic. Michael was complaining about the delivery people ringing his doorbell when he orders food at 12am because it wakes his sleeping children. I couldn't help but roll my eyes, it's such a stupid problem that he creates for himself and he got really upset while talking about it. He could just eat at a more reasonable time, put a note at the door for the driver that says not to ring the doorbell, or maybe even make his own food but no, that would make too much sense.
-Michael, Gavin, Jeremy and Matt are on this episode

-This is not an in person episode so I anticipate audio delays

-Michaels audio quality is somewhat poor

-Michael says that they "botched" the episode and that is why they are doing it from home, says that the studio is currently full

-Michael's daughters can be heard in the background, they are loud

-Gavin says that he is excited to be on the podcast

-Michael says that he almost did not ask Gavin to be on the podcast since it's from home

-Gavin says his carpet is crusty due to a recent episode of Play Pals

-Michael's daughters can still be heard in the background and it is somewhat annoying, especially paired with the audio issues he is experiencing

-Gavin says that during the aforementioned Play Pals he spilled his "shitty starbucks drink" and that it got everywhere, he apparently can not be bothered to clean it up

-Gavin, Michael and Jeremy say they like the video game series "The Room"

-Gavin says that his streaming room is falling apart, his light fixtures have apparently collapsed

-Gavin says that Michael's camera/lighting setup makes him look like a ham. Michael agrees and Matt and Jeremy both say "There was a nicer way to say that"

-Michael says his camera setup is shit but he does not care because there is at least adequate light

-Gavin and Matt bemoan the short battery lives that most cameras seem to have

-Michael says that he will wear Gavin's skin

-Michael adjust his camera settings, Gavin says that he now looks like "a ham in the dark"

-Gavin compares Michael tearing down/setting up his streaming equipment to "someone in the air force" flying a plane, he says it seems like a nightmare

-Matt says that if something in his home breaks he usually does not bother to fix it for a very long time. He says that if his fridge were to stop working he would just throw it out and buy a new one

-Matt says that he can not use ladders or fix his doorbell

-Michael (or Lindsay) need to keep their children quiet. The screaming is getting to me

-Matt says that he went to bed at "7 'o'clock" one day and he seems to mean 7am

-Michael says that he regularly orders food at 12am and that the delivery drivers ring his doorbell, which causes his children to wake up, he is very upset about it. He wishes that they would "just throw his food on the ground and walk away"

-Jeremy says that contactless delivery is "the best thing to come out of the pandemic" and Michael is still upset that "people don't adhere to it". He is still upset about it and I can't help but feel that his frustration is somewhat childish

-Jeremy says that he once ordered food and before his delivery arrived he had to chase away a group of nearby turkey because he did not want the driver to have to deal with them

-There is an ad read for felix gray

-Michael says that he is annoyed by his doorbell camera sending pointless alerts to his phone (it is motion activated). He says "it's a hard life"

-Gavin once had some wasps build a nest over his doorbell camera

-Jeremy must live in a somewhat remote area, he says that he only sees cars driving by about twice a day

-Gavin says that he had a drink with "Papa Dooley" the other day, Jeremy goes on to say that Gavin, Meg, Alfredo and Jackie visited him recently

-Jeremy says that his father "yammers and talks" about nonsense for entertainment purposes

-Jeremy's father was sad that the group did not want to stay and drink with him (he only drinks when other people are around I guess)

-Gavin felt that he was invading Jeremy's privacy by drinking at his parent's house while Jeremy was away (Jeremy says he visits his father often). Gavin says he had a good time

-They show a picture of aforementioned group playing a board game. At a glance Meg, Jackie, and Cat (Jeremy's wife) all look like slight variations of the same person

-Gavin and Jeremy about the board game they were playing, the game is very long-running and they put it on hold for a year due to corona

-Jeremy was blending some cardboard cards from the game into a 'smoothie' with some water (???) and he picked up his blender while it was running, he dropped it and almost broke it. His wife was upset

-Alfredo chose to name his dog after a character from the game

-There is a 3rd ad read for express VPN. One at the beginning, again immediately after the intro and one at ~30 minutes

-Michael says that "shit's gettin' okay" in reference to "being able to do things" because muh pandemic. Gavin says that he is going to jinx it and Michael tells him that it is all his (Gavin's) fault anyway

-Michael says that he has had house guests recently but they hung out in his backyard instead of going into his home. He has also gone to dinner "once or twice". He says that he is planning on going to a bar sometime soon to just sit there and drink for hours

-Michael says that he "had a couple people over" when Fiona was in town

-Michael tells a stupid story about Fiona being an obnoxious retard

-Michael says that the last thing he did before the pandemic was go bowling, he later regretted it because it was very crowded

-Gavin says that he cannot tell whether or not he goes bowling "ironically". He thinks it's fun but does not actually seem to know if he is supposed to enjoy it

-Michael says that he does not like people who take bowling seriously, Gavin says that Geoff does this because he used to be good at it

-Michael's daughters are still being loud intermittently

-While at the bowling alley Jeremy ran up to Michael and did some bit abut his bowling score because he thought he was recording a video. Michael allowed him to carry on for ~20 seconds before telling him that he was just taking a picture

-Jeremy says that he would like to be sponsored by some brand of liquor

-I am beginning to suspect that Michael's daughters are actually in the same room he is because you can hear them quite clearly at times

-Jeremy says that he always keeps a bottle of liquor under his desk. Michael replies with "Who are you, Fiona?" and then does an impression of Fiona dumbly demanding said liquor. Michael compares this behavior to his daughters because they do similar things

-They ring the first bell and Michael begs the audience to give money to their dying company

-Gavin describes a moment from a recent TTT video, he says that it is his "favorite moment with Alfredo, and that's including me throwing a moonball at his testicles while he was in the air"

-The conversation turns to their favorite moments in TTT (or whatever game they are talking about) and it feels a bit like old Achievement Hunter. I am quickly brought back to reality however when this moment is promptly interrupted by an ad read for some company that sells stamps to people that are too lazy to go to the post office

-Jeremy moves his camera to show all of the liquor he keeps in his office. He says that he is trying to do what his dad does and only drink when others are present and that he needs to lower his calorie intake due to some stomach ailment. Michael presses Jeremy to drink but he refuses to do so. Michael says that the fact that Jeremy is not currently drinking is insulting

-Matt says that he is not currently drinking because he already drank all of the beer he had in his home earlier in the day

-Gavin points out that Matt has a tendency to answer questions as vaguely as possible

-Matt says that he used to listen to their fuckface podcast but stopped because he was told by someone that Geoff insulted him on an episode that he was about to watch

-Michael says that he feels like he was "reborn" in the last few years

-Michael shows us his "team nice dynamite" tattoo that he has and says that when he travels by air he wears a wristband to cover it

-Jeremy almost got Gavin's name tattooed on his shoulder as a joke but decided against it

-Gavin says that Geoff has a tattoo of Gavin's nose

-Michael talks about how they streamed Halo 2 & 3 recently, he says that they are notoriously bad at it as they are with everything

-Jeremy says that they are bad at video games because they play a lot of different games and don't bother trying to be good at any of them

-Gavin says "It's like a jack of all trades scenario, except I feel like we're a 4 of all trades". Michael says that they are "a crap of all trades"

-Michael produces a half eaten container of McDonalds french fries and says "I got a supply drop". Gavin says that Michael had eaten some food from Wendy's earlier in the day

-Jeremy says that he was planning on grilling later but might not be able to because it is raining, he says this is a strange childlike (and Trevor-esque) voice

-Jeremy talks about going to an escape room when Gavin and company went to visit him

-Jeremy owns two mustangs, one is a convertible

-Michael says that the post-team is going to play Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events on the ps2 after the podcast (???)

-Jeremy says that he is playing minecraft today in order to get the new achievements they put out for it

-Michael says that he is very excited about the new Ratchet and Clank game. He says he does not have time to play it, from the way he talks about it they must run a pretty strict schedule for the games they play at "work"

-Michael says "I am one of the six people in America that has a ps5"

-Michael has that "Gavin's gotta go get off" and begins to bring the podcast to a close

-Michael says that Jack and Geoff are on vacation/"work" trip for their new roller coaster show. Jeremy, referencing an old AWHU, says that they ran into "Klenan Thompson"

-Michael says they will be back in the studio next week and Gavin may or may not be there
Thank you for your weekly contribution/sacrifice.

Chilson

kiwifarms.net

They can't even pretend to act professionally, yet keep insisting on being these child-friendly woke pearl clutchers. Jeremy is being responsible and Michael just being a cunt about it.

I get that its a podcast and it would be fine if they just had a few drinks. But these fuckers are getting absolutely blitzed before and during this whole shit show. They are far away from their early 20's and this behavior wouldn't even be really acceptable in private, let alone with thousands of people (a large percentage being children) watching.
I will take "Never going to happen" for a 1000.

lolwut

Like a vampire, but with retardation.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They can't even pretend to act professionally, yet keep insisting on being these child-friendly woke pearl clutchers. Jeremy is being responsible and Michael just being a cunt about it.

I get that its a podcast and it would be fine if they just had a few drinks. But these fuckers are getting absolutely blitzed before and during this whole shit show. They are far away from their early 20's and this behavior wouldn't even be really acceptable in private, let alone with thousands of people (a large percentage being children) watching.
It's also just outright disturbing, considering Jeremy has a very obvious and severe drinking problem, for Michael to try to sabotage his attempts to get better.

I’ll always say that the time RT should have grown up and started acting like a professional company was the time RWBY took off and they realized they had something that was bigger than their web community.

pephickshigh

Lives Rent Free in JimiHendrix's Head
kiwifarms.net

Jeremy must not actually live in Boston or even a surrounding suburb, right? Imagine having friends travel all the way from Texas and that is what you do?

Thankfully Jeremy doesn't live in Manhattan or if his AH friends traveled to see him he'd take them to the Hooters in Times Square.

Insalubrious

Edit: a word
kiwifarms.net
Imagine having friends travel all the way from Texas and that is what you do?
To be fair that's not the only thing that they did.
Untitled.png

They played some elaborate and long running board game (that I do not remember the name of) that they started in 2019 but put on hold in 2020 because of the pandemic. From the way they talked about it they really enjoyed it.

There has been an air of "forced enjoyment" so to speak about the episodes of Off Topic lately that was notably not present in this episode, it actually did seem like friends hanging out and talking to each other this time (aside from Matt but he always seems a bit aloof). I don't think that this will carry over into future episodes though, especially if Ky is there to wet blanket everyone with her stupid opinions and unfunny humor.

JimiHendrix

The best jazz player around.
kiwifarms.net
To be fair that's not the only thing that they did.
View attachment 2260023

They played some elaborate and long running board game (that I do not remember the name of) that they started in 2019 but put on hold in 2020 because of the pandemic. From the way they talked about it they really enjoyed it.

There has been an air of "forced enjoyment" so to speak about the episodes of Off Topic lately that was notably not present in this episode, it actually did seem like friends hanging out and talking to each other this time (aside from Matt but he always seems a bit aloof). I don't think that this will carry over into future episodes though, especially if Ky is there to wet blanket everyone with her stupid opinions and unfunny humor.
meg looks 75 years old, holy fuck.

An Ghost

So zetta-mogus
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
>2 mustangs
>1 is a convertible
Absolute midlife crisis

From some of his descriptions it sounds like he lives in the heavily wooded areas up around or in New Hampshire.
I dunno if he's still in Burlington but its a fairly upscale suburban city. If hes on the end of some road with nice houses, i could totally believe one or two cars pass daily.
Quality soyboy face.