Roosterteeth / Achievement Hunter / Let's Play / Funhaus / Inside Gaming - Do you ever wonder why we're still here? Dick pics and sellouts ahoy.

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon. I REALLY WISH THEY'D HOTFIX THIS SO I CAN REMOVE THIS NOTICE.

Faggotty Rabbitty

kiwifarms.net
As an outsider, what is the difference between Texas and Austin, TX?
Austin is where all of the Californian Liberals go when they get fed up with how awful it is to live in California. Of course, such people are too stupid to realize that it was their own horrible policies that made California the way it is - and so they keep supporting those policies, thus turning Austin, Texas into a Cali-away-from-Cali.

Aknowledge Jontron

kiwifarms.net
Yeah the RT guys always struck me as nouveaux riches. I'd be very surprised if they were poor.
Ray also left in 2015 before RT really got their huge expansion. And he's probably talking about earlier than that since the story implys him and Tina don't live together yet.

They're probably getting paid far more now, there's no way Micheal is a home owner with two kids if he was getting a salary that can only budget a bag of Fritos for dinner.

IneptRobot

Brave contributer to the HeWillNutDivideUs jar
kiwifarms.net
Ray also left in 2015 before RT really got their huge expansion. And he's probably talking about earlier than that since the story implys him and Tina don't live together yet.

They're probably getting paid far more now, there's no way Micheal is a home owner with two kids if he was getting a salary that can only budget a bag of Fritos for dinner.
So this was back when he was in New York, getting unemployment and it was about to run out and he either had to stop making videos for AH and get a 'real job' or get Geoff to give him a full time job? If I remember rightly it's discussed in detail in Retsutalk episode 41. I'm not home right now but I don't think the episode is on YouTube, there's there's archive with a direct download if anyone wants it.

If not then it's done on an early IB ep which I'll dig out. Good episode though, good chemistry and Ray is peak Ray in it.

Insalubrious

Edit: a word
kiwifarms.net
faces.png

Last edited:
Austin is California 2.0.

There is a campaign slogan out there called "Keep Austin Wierd" aka Keep Austin Pozzed.
Out of all Texas' metropolitan areas, Austin is the most blue-pilled.

Austin is where all of the Californian Liberals go when they get fed up with how awful it is to live in California. Of course, such people are too stupid to realize that it was their own horrible policies that made California the way it is - and so they keep supporting those policies, thus turning Austin, Texas into a Cali-away-from-Cali.
I thought that could be said about all the big cities of Texas, but Austin just has that the most.

Hugbox Kommissar

You wouldn't download an ideology
kiwifarms.net

Tom Honks

kiwifarms.net
I too aspire to look like an inbred 17th century European monarch.

Austin and Dallas the most. Houston is big oil and shipping, San Antonio is more texican.
As someone From Houston it ain’t as liberal as Austin. But that’s my personal opinion. We just do whatever we don’t vote or whatever to keep Houston weird like Austin but it is really
Big oil and big chemical plants. But once again from a personal standpoint it isn’t as liberal but the votes say otherwise.

BurnerPhone

Involved in several boating accidents
kiwifarms.net
Austin is one of the worst cities I've been in, right next to Las Vegas. You can't walk a block without running into protests, buskers, chuggers, and other miscellaneous annoyances. I haven't been to California, but I imagine it's just filled with a bunch of Austins.

ToddleDoddle

kiwifarms.net
I know a couple people living in Austin and it's already hell trying to find somewhere to live there. Apartments don't stay on the market for longer than 48 hours and you have like 10 people all applying for the same one. One of them was considering applying for a place without even looking at it first just because of how high the demand is right now.

Druveer

kiwifarms.net

IneptRobot

Brave contributer to the HeWillNutDivideUs jar
kiwifarms.net
Found this in my recommended.
He's got some points but he also spends too much time sucking the dick of Monty and when it comes to the season he says he likes the most he doesn't even know the villains name. Also, he wasn't even 1 year old when RvB came out, not to disparage someone based on their age but there I go anyway. This guy has shit taste, The Chorus Trilogy was terrible and the blue balled ending of it was exceptional.
Also, I literally just remember the old animated episode that was on one of the DVD's which they apparently re-used in Season 14, that was good, it was animated well and unlike the dumb Monty animated segments in the mainline show it had little character bits like Grif being overweight.
1628258714872.png

Nicholasvanryn

kiwifarms.net

Ray might’ve left before the performance peak of AH but he definitely left just as the quality of RT in general started tanking.

He’s talked about being super poor while working with RT before in various twitch streams. Both before and after he and Tina started dating. It was also a recurring joke in AH videos. Now whether this is solely because RT was paying him a shitty wage or because he had other financial things going on who knows.

It seems like at the time there were monetary incentives for on camera talent to be working multiple projects. Burnie and Ray discuss it a little bit in their game time video... that Ray has yet to branch out into different shows etc within RT. Which would also explain the pay disparity between someone like him and Michael.

Michael would do let’s plays with the team, rage quit, solo long plays, appear in podcasts, appear in shorts, was a lead or the first lazer team movie, was VA for RWBY etc.

Ray did achievement guides and let’s plays. He reluctantly did the voice acting on X-ray and Vav a show that was pitched by Lindsay.

Obviously rooster teeth had a non compete clause in their employment that included things like twitch. Which is why he couldn’t offer subs or accept tips until after he left RT. This is also why Meg left around the same time ... she made more selling cosplay photos than working on the know. She mentions in her leaving rooster teeth vid that it was a business decision and that she tried to negotiate things so she could stay. They didn’t care she was taking smut pics only that she was selling them and they weren’t getting a cut. Hell Burnie was telling her to take her tit pics now (in 2015/16) before it was too late.

Ray and Meg leaving is probably what made RT reverse that clause with other forms of revenue. At first taking up to half the money and now none. (Per a Jon Smith super Mario odyssey stream)

JesusChristSuperstar

kiwifarms.net
Sean Hinz, the apparent co-head of Rooster Teeth animation, posted a letter to RvB fans in response to Torrian's letter the other day, and Rooster Teeth just retweeted it.

1628276181615.png

1628276769995.png

1628276787420.png

Torrian low key throws RT under the bus saying the problems with the season are their fault and also has already left the company and they still find the need to defend him like this. Pretty surprising until you see alot of the tweet responses to Torrian's original post are getting on RT's ass for their supposed mistreatment of the team, including Fiona.

1628278437635.png

This letter is damage control for Rooster Teeth. Makes me wonder how much of it is simple Diversity Hire Defense and how much of it is actually Rooster Teeth low key acceding to screwing over the season.

As others have pointed though out the major flaw with RvB:Zero is that its writing was dogshit so I don't really see how that's RT's issue short of them maybe forcing drafts that needed more editing time out the door. The other criticism was that there were too many unneeded fight scenes and somehow I doubt Torrian, noted Death Battle director, had the gun to his head forcing him to add fight scenes in. Also Fiona's (and many other's) voice acting was fairly bad, also don't see how that's RT's fault short of them, you know, deciding to hire bad voice actors like her.

Funny how I'm sure RWBY writers like Miles have gotten just as much shit if not more but they never went all pissy on twitter to the point that Rooster Teeth felt the need to kiss their ass and defend them with their Code of Conduct.

ChevroletBlackboard

kiwifarms.net
It's at least a better message than Torrian blaming everyone and everyone he could to pass the buck on Zero's failure (up to and including throwing his old bosses under the bus by saying to send death threats to them instead), but that's not exactly a difficult challenge to beat.

At this point Zero's just cursed. It's super obvious it had a bad production, with one of Torrian's friends outright saying Torrian had to go do mocap as early as 4am some days and that they were operating on a skeleton crew with tight deadlines. Zero should just be left to rot instead of trying to clean out the wound.