Roosterteeth / Achievement Hunter / Let's Play / Funhaus / Inside Gaming - Do you ever wonder why we're still here? Dick pics and sellouts ahoy. Currently being sued.

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

When was the last time RvB was good?

• Before RWBY

Votes: 61 62.9%
  • Season 10

Votes: 22 22.7%
  • Season 11

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Season 12

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Season 13

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • Season 14

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Before RvB Zero

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FishermanThree

kiwifarms.net

And post on r/funhaus that highlights the major points, archived below.
  1. Lawrence starts saying he doesn't want this to "talk shit" the entire time about his former employers.
  2. Fullscreen initially only wanted SOME of the Inside Gaming crew, but they stood united and were all hired together.
  3. Lawrence indicates Fullscreen didn't pay them as much as promised after taking a chunk of the revenue.
  4. Lawrence saw the atmosphere being "spend money now, worry two years later" with decisions and consequences. (Both at Machinima and Fullscreen.)
  5. Lawrence claims Machinima and Fullscreen would push the talent harder and harder to get even a tiny drop of blood from a stone.
  6. When Lawrence saw the same signs at Fullscreen/RT as he did in Machinma he proclaims "This was suppose to be the good one!"
  7. Lawrence goes into the history of how MCNs get into subscription services (ala Rooster Teeth's membership). Says original content would get too expensive for little gain in trying to compete with Netflix. Says executives would incorrectly think people would flock to pay for these services and skip Netflix.
  8. Says RoosterTeeth creative mentality changed once "premium content" became the focus and a lot of pressure was put onto people to make it successful (and you would be considered a failure if you didn't hit a quota).
  9. Lawrence says this did expand his creativeness and gave him some opportunities he wouldn't get if he didn't try them out. Shaun says it didn't mean you would get financial benefit from it.
  10. Lawrence claims Machinima was only paying him $35-40K yearly in LA and it was one of the reasons he quit. Sean said he was only making $36K as a community manager for Fullscreen.
  11. Another reason Lawrence became independent was seeing years of people below him in terms of creativeness were moving up the ladder and getting paid more compared to himself.
  12. "It was do your job, and do these other things too. Do your job and fix these monetary issues we keep getting ourself into." -Lawrence "Yeah, the workload was insane there." -Shaun
  13. Lawrence said crunching at work one day to then go to a full day taping where he got eliminated early in the video, and had to sit on the sidelines all day, was a tipping point for him wanting to quit.
  14. Rooster Teeth laying off 25% of the Inside Gaming crew, despite working hard to manage the brand, was essentially the final nail in the coffin for Lawrence to quit.
  15. Lawerence says working for MCNs did give him a core audience and help his independent projects grow.
It blows my mind how he makes around 2.6k € in fucking LA.

ScatmansWorld

kiwifarms.net
Kinda wild how inspite of leaving RT on a not great note,
Aw shit, Ray's parting with RT was on a bad note? This was the first time I heard it so I must of not been paying attention or something.

Also, this just further proves my point:
Why would I want to watch Halo when the franchise ended in 2010 with Reach and nothing else ever happened afterwards?

Also Red vs Blue ended after season 10 and Rooster Teeth as a whole ended when Ray left.

Pizdec

Blin it is good.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've been to RTX London 2017 and it was a dogshit experience. It was a first year event, in a country they've never hosted an event in before, I'll give them that, but there really wasn't a whole lot you could do. There where stands with people selling their goods (art, shirts, snacks, figurines, I think they were selling the RT Box at one booth even), the main stage where they hosted Q&As and live podcasts (I remember Burnie was on stage with the Sea of Thieves devs), the signing area where I got to meet Michael and Lindsay and got some stuff signed by them, a gaming area where you could play a few games (I played gang beasts there) and the panel rooms.

I had a weekend pass and I had planed out what panels I wanted to see, but to even get inside the room I would have had to que up hours before everyone else. I would get there at like 10am and the rooms where already full, so I didn't get to see any panels at all in the two days I attended, which made it feel like a collosal waste of time and money since if you just spent one day there, you could see everything, so my second day was pointless.

Apart from that, the venue security warned the organisers that they would shut down the convention if they didn't do something about the immense ques that would form. People where literally queing for the que to get into certain panels and this formed large groups of people which were deemed a fire hazard (I am not 100% sure of this info, it's been a few years)

So, in conclusion, boring convention, wouldn't go again even if I was paid. Literally the most ripped off I have ever felt in my life.
You still had a far better expierence then Miles, who spent most of his RTX London throwing up his brains and bowels.

Pizdec

Blin it is good.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ok then stop being vague and spoonfeed me a tl;dr of the deets.
Well for one, Ray's insults were constantly being censored because RT was trying to be a bit PC then. Another issue Ray had was he could not play Minecraft outside of Let's Plays, because it was a means of content that was milked so bad the thought of even playing it pissed him off. The straw that broke the camel's back for Ray was when RoosterTeeth as a company decided that the revenue he made streaming on Twitch was going to be an 80/20 split with Ray getting the short end. Even when the company relented, he had enough and left on a sour note, but things mended enough for him to appear on an podcast or two years after the fact.

Tom Honks

kiwifarms.net
Well for one, Ray's insults were constantly being censored because RT was trying to be a bit PC then. Another issue Ray had was he could not play Minecraft outside of Let's Plays, because it was a means of content that was milked so bad the thought of even playing it pissed him off. The straw that broke the camel's back for Ray was when RoosterTeeth as a company decided that the revenue he made streaming on Twitch was going to be an 80/20 split with Ray getting the short end. Even when the company relented, he had enough and left on a sour note, but things mended enough for him to appear on an podcast or two years after the fact.
Didn’t they also straight up take the twitch channel from ray cause I remember it was just first named roosterteeth ray and they changed it to just roosterteeth.

FishermanThree

kiwifarms.net
Thinking about it, it's probably why many of the guys working in these companies insist on content creating as a side gig.
Still boggles my mind how James and Elyse haven't jumped ship yet. Also I wonder what the original deal for IG was, I guess they probably wanted just Adam, Bruce and James? Maybe Joel as well? Definitely not Spoole, Lawrence and Peake.

Sexyphobe

kiwifarms.net
I thought it was that they wouldn't let him stream period, might be wrong on that.

The Minecraft thing is a real shame, doesn't help that a lot of the Let's Play ideas for it were really lame and must have been boring as hell to play. Geoff's stubbornness to create a different world to play on limited the ideas for sure.

I think the episode where they're going through that giant wool ToP was when he realized he hated the game now. Kept crashing and instead of abandoning the idea, they had to just keep restarting.

Pizdec

Blin it is good.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Juke and Jam

kiwifarms.net
Still boggles my mind how James and Elyse haven't jumped ship yet. Also I wonder what the original deal for IG was, I guess they probably wanted just Adam, Bruce and James? Maybe Joel as well? Definitely not Spoole, Lawrence and Peake.
I've also been wondering why they haven't moved on. Maybe just a combination of Stockholm Syndrome and a lack of other opportunities?

ToddleDoddle

kiwifarms.net
I've also been wondering why they haven't moved on. Maybe just a combination of Stockholm Syndrome and a lack of other opportunities?
They could definitely do streaming but it's possible they don't enjoy doing that as much as others have. There is the other possibility that they know they are the life support of FH and if they leave that means a bunch of their friends are out of a job so they stick around because they feel obligated too.

Hagfish

kiwifarms.net
its for the same reason Yahztee Croshaw still hangs around the Escapist even though he rakes in hundeds of thousands if not a million views whilst the average escapist video only rakes in between 1-20k views.
-Friends
they dont want to abandon them when they are clearly the most valuable asset to the company. also working with friends makes life a whole lot more fun generally. Most streamers winding up quite fucking miserable when their only social interaction at "work" consists of a chat that repeatedly calls them low-tier-game faggots.
-opportunities
the fact that there are people behind the scenes coordinating things, sending you to E3 and conventions, coordinating game nights and whatnot, so it isnt just videogame stuff. Hell, Bruce greene is slowly going down the lolcow spiral without other people to back him up.
-Power
The leverage. being the most important asset gives you power over how things are done.