Roosterteeth / Achievement Hunter / Let's Play / Funhaus / Inside Gaming - Do you ever wonder why we're still here? Dick pics and sellouts ahoy. Currently being sued.

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

When was the last time RvB was good?

• Before RWBY

Votes: 61 62.9%
  • Season 10

Votes: 22 22.7%
  • Season 11

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Season 12

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Season 13

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • Season 14

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Before RvB Zero

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

An Ghost

I'm gonna berst a gherst
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I mean, she isnt nessecarily wrong, although the FBI's involvement would have been "indirect", albeit in the losest applicattion of that term. You dont get to call what is one of the biggest names in civil rights a degenerate communist subversive for better part of the past 50 years then turn around and virtue signal on his grave. People calling them out for it, regardless of where you fall on the political aisle, is a good thing.
Its dumber than that.
In 1999, 30 years after the assassination happened, MLK's family brought a wrongful death suit to court against the owner of the motel he was shot at alleging the FBI was involved in a conspiracy to murder MLK. As the FBI was not formally named, they didn't get to defend themselves. Thus the family was awarded what was essentially a default judgment by a jury and $100. The motel owner also thought there was a conspiracy and actually died the following year so he didn't have anything to lose.

DimitryPidarBlyat

kiwifarms.net
If im allowed to put on the tinfoil hat for a bit, i think Warner Bros meddling potentially can be blamed for the rapid decline of many of the channels as a whole, be it the death of cowchop, deflation of funhaus and its members becoming disillusioned and leaving, to some of the smaller projects dying off.
Cow Chop didn't have much to do with RT or Warner Bros. I think James, Aleks and Brett owned the company themselves. RT was only hosting their merch store and offered a bit of help with the move to LA by giving them money for every person that bought RT First thourgh Cow Chops referal code or something, idk the details but they had some kind of RT First campaign after they got evicted.

Apart from that, from what the guys said, RT didn't really stick their nose in their business. They ended the channle on their own terms.

Hagfish

kiwifarms.net
Its dumber than that.
In 1999, 30 years after the assassination happened, MLK's family brought a wrongful death suit to court against the owner of the motel he was shot at alleging the FBI was involved in a conspiracy to murder MLK. As the FBI was not formally named, they didn't get to defend themselves. Thus the family was awarded what was essentially a default judgment by a jury and $100. The motel owner also thought there was a conspiracy and actually died the following year so he didn't have anything to lose.
the MLK family is infamous for using MLK as little more than a cheap and easy moneygrab at every twist and turn. I wouldn't discredit the "the FBI had a hand in MLK's death" stuff just because they went about pushing the matter in the shadiest way possible. They're the reason why finding MLK speeches on youtube can be a headache inducing ordeal at times. Basically the Games Workshop of civil rights history.

Cow Chop didn't have much to do with RT or Warner Bros. I think James, Aleks and Brett owned the company themselves. RT was only hosting their merch store and offered a bit of help with the move to LA by giving them money for every person that bought RT First thourgh Cow Chops referal code or something, idk the details but they had some kind of RT First campaign after they got evicted.

Apart from that, from what the guys said, RT didn't really stick their nose in their business. They ended the channle on their own terms.
Cow chop did a DnD campaign over on Roosterteeth.com which was exclusive to paying members (though now its free to watch). Cow chop was a third party but they were closely linked to Rooster teeth, with several cameos and other cooperations with the company. I wouldnt be surprised if, as part of Rooster Teeth's attempt to clean their image and become more "viewer friendly" and shit, slowly cut ties with Cowchop over time, Cowchop basically being the most offensive member of the "lets play family" that they were part of.

There was also some stuff about a contract with RT, but its a bit blurry what the details were. but it seems that RT at one point possibly sought to buy up cow chop, but cow chop declined, and so RT bought up Sugar pine 7 instead, so there might have been some residual business tensions therein somewhat.

Maybe im just coming off as a raving tinfoil lunatic, but i whole-heartedly believe that Warner Bros, which bought up RT in 2016, has had a hand in much of what has happened to the various channels, including the third party ones, and how they've began to decline. Obviously warner Bros didnt break James Wilson's arm, nor did they cause Adam Kovic
to masturbate in the office, but the whole "move out to LA" stuff with cow chop is probably the most damning aspect, because it really seems most of Cow chop did not want to move to LA.

DimitryPidarBlyat

kiwifarms.net
Cow chop did a DnD campaign over on Roosterteeth.com which was exclusive to paying members (though now its free to watch). Cow chop was a third party but they were closely linked to Rooster teeth, with several cameos and other cooperations with the company. I wouldnt be surprised if, as part of Rooster Teeth's attempt to clean their image and become more "viewer friendly" and shit, slowly cut ties with Cowchop over time, Cowchop basically being the most offensive member of the "lets play family" that they were part of.

There was also some stuff about a contract with RT, but its a bit blurry what the details were. but it seems that RT at one point possibly sought to buy up cow chop, but cow chop declined, and so RT bought up Sugar pine 7 instead, so there might have been some residual business tensions therein somewhat.

Maybe im just coming off as a raving tinfoil lunatic, but i whole-heartedly believe that Warner Bros, which bought up RT in 2016, has had a hand in much of what has happened to the various channels, including the third party ones, and how they've began to decline. Obviously warner Bros didnt break James Wilson's arm, nor did they cause Adam Kovic
to masturbate in the office, but the whole "move out to LA" stuff with cow chop is probably the most damning aspect, because it really seems most of Cow chop did not want to move to LA.
I don't think there's any use to try to make heads or tails of a dead company's internal issues. I remember clearly that James and probably Brett as well have said that RT had nothing to do with the day to day operation of Cow Chop. Yeah, they had a DnD show, but that doesn't mean they were a direct subsidiary of RT, probably just a contract thing for when they did the RT First campaign. They did maybe 2 seasons (?) of that show and then no more First content as far as I'm aware. It was probably just a show to give Cow Chop fans some value for their subscription. The move to LA could have been influenced by the thought that they would be able to gain more collab opportunities or better sponsors or something. Why would RT want them in LA in the first place? Why not bring em' straight to Austin instead?

Cow Chops decline didn't begin because WB had some kind of shadow influence on them, it began because nobody liked LA, James left and took with him hundreds of thousands of viewers. The entire appeal of Cow Chop was James and Aleks doing stuff together. That's why CC died, it lost it's original appeal. At least Aleks and Brett were smart enough to end it when they did instead of trying to milk it.

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
I give MLK more credit than most on this site. I absolutely do not believe the narrative that he "did it all", but he was an important factor in getting the average American Citizen to accept the coming changes from on high and ensuring the civil rights movement didn't become the "summer of peace" all us American's were subjected to and causing massive friction between blacks and everyone else through adamant peaceful protest.
Amen to that, man.

Two-bit

kiwifarms.net
Why would RT want them in LA in the first place? Why not bring em' straight to Austin instead?
I remember hearing sometime around when Funhaus got started that RT was really pushing to get established in LA. So it did make sense for them to have talents they were in business with migrate to California. Funhaus, Cow Chop and SP7 would all have crossovers and it would solidify the fanbase. Giving RT a good foothold to expand in Los Angeles.

Obviously those plans kinda went to hell in hindsight.

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
I remember hearing sometime around when Funhaus got started that RT was really pushing to get established in LA. So it did make sense for them to have talents they were in business with migrate to California. Funhaus, Cow Chop and SP7 would all have crossovers and it would solidify the fanbase. Giving RT a good foothold to expand in Los Angeles.

Obviously those plans kinda went to hell in hindsight.
California is why Mica Burton was hired.

ToddleDoddle

kiwifarms.net
The biggest killer of Cow Chop other than James leaving was their videos constantly getting demonetized. A channel like that is gonna struggle in current day Youtube.

AuxPersonality

kiwifarms.net
There is a lot of ping pong argument about black women and if they are funny or not funny and on going more arguments about skin colour and gender. I’d like to make the effort to present a positive example as reference.

Random 8 out of Cats does countdown episode.

I know its outside of the RT world, but the BBC is even more tenacious with their diverse hiring non sense. Despite that, its still funny and the show continues to be fun.

RT might want to take some notes from the BBC because when they started their hardcore diverse standards they ruined and killed a lot of the content for the sake of diversity. Seems like as time goes on they’ve come to understand that they can run the diverse engine as hard as they want but in the end of the day the people they pick have to be able to do the job. If they want an entire non white cast that’s fine but they no longer seem to accept killing a show (The thing that makes money and keeps them employeed) over diversity, you actually have to perform to the standard required.

reptile101

kiwifarms.net
I give MLK more credit than most on this site. I absolutely do not believe the narrative that he "did it all", but he was an important factor in getting the average American Citizen to accept the coming changes from on high and ensuring the civil rights movement didn't become the "summer of peace" all us American's were subjected to and causing massive friction between blacks and everyone else through adamant peaceful protest.

The FBI are scum though and even if its not entirely true, actually seeing anyone call them out is a good thing no matter what stupid politics they espouse.
mlk was a giant piece of shit that was a rapist promoted race riots and would 100% support blms tactics these days

FishermanThree

kiwifarms.net
1642581047164.png

They unironically have become what they feared. There's nothing funny in this miniature, just pain.

Dr. Two-Time Champion

Back-to-Back
kiwifarms.net
I don't think there's any use to try to make heads or tails of a dead company's internal issues. I remember clearly that James and probably Brett as well have said that RT had nothing to do with the day to day operation of Cow Chop. Yeah, they had a DnD show, but that doesn't mean they were a direct subsidiary of RT, probably just a contract thing for when they did the RT First campaign. They did maybe 2 seasons (?) of that show and then no more First content as far as I'm aware. It was probably just a show to give Cow Chop fans some value for their subscription. The move to LA could have been influenced by the thought that they would be able to gain more collab opportunities or better sponsors or something. Why would RT want them in LA in the first place? Why not bring em' straight to Austin instead?

Cow Chops decline didn't begin because WB had some kind of shadow influence on them, it began because nobody liked LA, James left and took with him hundreds of thousands of viewers. The entire appeal of Cow Chop was James and Aleks doing stuff together. That's why CC died, it lost it's original appeal. At least Aleks and Brett were smart enough to end it when they did instead of trying to milk it.
Other than RT possible nudging Cow Chop to move to LA, did they just move to LA because "that just what you do" when you are this kind of business? I thought it was because Brett lived there. As much as I like Brett, bad idea.

Shining Wit

kiwifarms.net
There is a lot of ping pong argument about black women and if they are funny or not funny and on going more arguments about skin colour and gender. I’d like to make the effort to present a positive example as reference.

Random 8 out of Cats does countdown episode.

I know its outside of the RT world, but the BBC is even more tenacious with their diverse hiring non sense. Despite that, its still funny and the show continues to be fun.

RT might want to take some notes from the BBC because when they started their hardcore diverse standards they ruined and killed a lot of the content for the sake of diversity. Seems like as time goes on they’ve come to understand that they can run the diverse engine as hard as they want but in the end of the day the people they pick have to be able to do the job. If they want an entire non white cast that’s fine but they no longer seem to accept killing a show (The thing that makes money and keeps them employeed) over diversity, you actually have to perform to the standard required.
8 out of 10 cats and Countdown are both Channel 4 (which are arguably worse for idpol bollocks but at least you dont pay a license fee to them)

Besides, Sean Locke hard carried that show (RIP)

AuxPersonality

kiwifarms.net
8 out of 10 cats and Countdown are both Channel 4 (which are arguably worse for idpol bollocks but at least you dont pay a license fee to them)

Besides, Sean Locke hard carried that show (RIP)

My bad, don't live there and just lump it all as BBC like a racist. Also yes Sean Locke was a legend.

DimitryPidarBlyat

kiwifarms.net
Other than RT possible nudging Cow Chop to move to LA, did they just move to LA because "that just what you do" when you are this kind of business? I thought it was because Brett lived there. As much as I like Brett, bad idea.
That could be part of it. Maybe Brett convinced them to move to LA, but only they know the motive and we can't know if RT had a hand in that decision at all.

BeepBoopBeepBoop

kiwifarms.net
mlk was a giant piece of shit that was a rapist promoted race riots and would 100% support blms tactics these days
He wasn't really a rapist, he more or less misappropriated funds to throw swingers parties (which is still a shitty thing) and slapped his wife around. He's an artificial figure though, Diane Nash did more than King did. King was a well spoken Black guy who cleaned up well, he was a tool of the NAACP. I find the fact that Jay Edgar Hoover calling anyone a degenerate hilarious though.

Anyway back to RT shit, glad to see that Ky is burning down RT with Geoff and Gus trapped inside while Bernie and Joel got away.