Roosterteeth / Achievement Hunter / Let's Play / Funhaus / Inside Gaming - Do you ever wonder why we're still here? Dick pics and sellouts ahoy.

Yang. Xiao. Long. 5C4DADC8-C4BE-4E40-A546-FFB3B4A33C4F.jpegP

Most Dumbest Bitch

[LGBT] Leader of Antifa
Canceled Hulu (I'd actually forgotten I was still subbed) and pirated the fucking movie.

Quick tangent, but this is the funniest consequence of the oversaturation of TV streaming services for me. Netflix was an innovation at the time it started its streaming service because it made for a cheaper alternative to buying multiple DVDs and boxsets (which are still infamously expensive), and an easier alternative for people who would've just pirated content instead. Netflix was cheap, like $8 at the time I believe, so pirating was less necessary and people were more than happy to pay for the convenience of the service. If I'm remembering correctly, I think many pirating sites did start to see a downward trend during this time.

Then Hulu started up, then Amazon Prime, then HBO and Showtime and Disney+... and all of a sudden they're charging $10+/mo for a small handful of shows people want to see, and hundreds more that NO ONE wants to see. There are so many of these dumbass services now, with so many good shows made exclusive to their platform for no reason and requiring everyone to spend $15-20/mo that it's now entirely too expensive to afford them all. The convenience does not outweigh the cost anymore. So what's everyone going to do? Get right fucking back to pirating, of course! :lit:

It reminds me of that old fairytale about the dog and the bone, where it saw its reflection in the river and mistook it for another dog with another bone, leading to it barking at its reflection and losing the real bone in the water. These companies get so greedy and want to milk their client base for all they're worth, not realizing that pirating content is NOT hard and that most people will gladly take that route rather than pay these exorbitant prices. That bubble's going to burst eventually, and I for one can't wait to see it.

Overcooked Raccoon

Robotnik is still the bae.
Funny you mentioned Greg Miller.
I used to work at Gamestop, and they would give this Chimp time to talk about things on the monitor screen. I have never wanted to kick someone's head off so badly in the time working at the store whenever he was on. It's just being peppy and having an obnoxious voice that isn't too high it's ear piercing but also not too low that it's funny. His takes on those video feeds were also shit probably being screened to make him look good to the general public when he looks like a fucking shithead everywhere else.

Also Fuck Rooster Teeth because I'm keeping to this thread.

Quick tangent, but this is the funniest consequence of the oversaturation of TV streaming services for me. Netflix was an innovation at the time it started its streaming service because it made for a cheaper alternative to buying multiple DVDs and boxsets (which are still infamously expensive), and an easier alternative for people who would've just pirated content instead. Netflix was cheap, like $8 at the time I believe, so pirating was less necessary and people were more than happy to pay for the convenience of the service. If I'm remembering correctly, I think many pirating sites did start to see a downward trend during this time.

Then Hulu started up, then Amazon Prime, then HBO and Showtime and Disney+... and all of a sudden they're charging $10+/mo for a small handful of shows people want to see, and hundreds more that NO ONE wants to see. There are so many of these dumbass services now, with so many good shows made exclusive to their platform for no reason and requiring everyone to spend $15-20/mo that it's now entirely too expensive to afford them all. The convenience does not outweigh the cost anymore. So what's everyone going to do? Get right fucking back to pirating, of course! :lit:

It reminds me of that old fairytale about the dog and the bone, where it saw its reflection in the river and mistook it for another dog with another bone, leading to it barking at its reflection and losing the real bone in the water. These companies get so greedy and want to milk their client base for all they're worth, not realizing that pirating content is NOT hard and that most people will gladly take that route rather than pay these exorbitant prices. That bubble's going to burst eventually, and I for one can't wait to see it.
Very much so. I started with netflix back when all it service was they would send you one or two dvds depending on your subscription and you watch em send em back get more sent to you. That was fantastic, I loved the convenience. That the companies that whine the loudest about piracy ensure that it happens isn't really all that surprising but it is fucking annoying when they bitch about the predictable results of their own actions.

As for Hulu, when I started using Hulu it was a free service which showed tv shows and some asian tv shows and had commercial breaks. I was totally find with a commercial breaks for free shows i had no other way of seeing, then they decided to make people pay a fee to watch.... and unless you paid the higher of two fees you still had to watch ads. It was so stupid.

She shows her tits now but they're not that hot Belle Delphine made every ho step it up a notch
Something about the way she's styled in this photo makes her look like a special needs child and it makes me uncomfortable.

What's worse, in the cases of the old crew, they actually degraded back to perpetual children. Geoff was in the Gulf War (in a non-combat role, sure, but he still went outside the wire), Jack and Gavin both worked on film sets, Michael was an electrician, Ryan was an IT guy and traveled the world as a model, and Ray...well Ray worked for UPS, but that's still more than Fiona has ever had to do. The point is, these people all had real careers at one point and now this is how they ended up.
I love Ray but honestly some of his interactions with Tina make him look like the biggest manchild. Like he'll ask her to make him food or she'll offer and I know it's just your regular "loving wife makes husband lunch while he's busy working" but it's Ray and his job's playing video games so it feels more like mom making lunch for her son. Though to be fair at least he admits he's a manchild and he doesn't sperg out and get self-righteous on twitter.

Mica was originally brought in to handle their livestreams (But she was really really bad at it, and probably exaggerated her resume a bit). They brought her into LP's and Off Topic, maybe because they thought they were getting stale, maybe because they needed to show it wasn't a bunch of white guys on the internet, but regardless of the reason it didn't work out for either side (The fans or AH)
Mica sucked at her job because she was a nepotism hire. Like I don't think they even bothered hiding the fact that she got her job because she's Levar Burton's daughter.

Cow Chop started to go down when James got injured during a video and quit the company.
Cow Chop started dying when they moved to Cali. They wanted to expand and be able to work with other youtubers but it just resulted in a lot of people leaving - Joe went home to finish college, Anna's sister got pregnant and she wanted to be closer to her family, Trevor I think was getting burned out by LA and wanted to work on himself, Asher got fired for poor work ethic. Watching all his friends leave was hitting James hard, the skateboard incident was just the death knell. I understand why they moved, but it's pretty telling that everyone who came from Colorado eventually either moved back or to a different state entirely.

Rooney

Beep / Boop / Bop
Cow Chop started dying when they moved to Cali. They wanted to expand and be able to work with other youtubers but it just resulted in a lot of people leaving - Joe went home to finish college, Anna's sister got pregnant and she wanted to be closer to her family, Trevor I think was getting burned out by LA and wanted to work on himself, Asher got fired for poor work ethic. Watching all his friends leave was hitting James hard, the skateboard incident was just the death knell. I understand why they moved, but it's pretty telling that everyone who came from Colorado eventually either moved back or to a different state entirely.

The LA move was the worst business decision for Cow Chop, how long was it until everyone but James and Aleks were left from the original crew? A year at most? The early LA content reeked of how much they didn't enjoy LA and Brett kept trying to hype up things to do around the city.

The LA move was the worst business decision for Cow Chop, how long was it until everyone but James and Aleks were left from the original crew? A year at most? The early LA content reeked of how much they didn't enjoy LA and Brett kept trying to hype up things to do around the city.
Never understood why Youtubers always felt like they had to live in LA. Unless you are looking to move into tv and movies at some point, just move to a state with low taxes where you can get a nice house for relatively cheap and you can live pretty comfortably. I'd love to see a numbers comparions between the Cow Chop warehouse size and rent vs the Red Letter Media warehouse size and rent.

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
Never understood why Youtubers always felt like they had to live in LA. Unless you are looking to move into tv and movies at some point, just move to a state with low taxes where you can get a nice house for relatively cheap and you can live pretty comfortably. I'd love to see a numbers comparions between the Cow Chop warehouse size and rent vs the Red Letter Media warehouse size and rent.
Because muh rich and famous people live there, and maybe if I live close to them, I can pretend to be as recognized as them while making an ass of myself in 10 minute videos I beg strangers to watch and share.

Effluvium

Pirate sites are your friend.
Because muh rich and famous people live there, and maybe if I live close to them, I can pretend to be as recognized as them while making an ass of myself in 10 minute videos I beg strangers to watch and share.
Yep. Clout chasing is practically career suicide on a slow and painful downward spiral.

Pizdec

Blin it is good.
True & Honest Fan

The irony of that isn't lost on me, considering how Cow Chop, and even The Creatures were based in Colorado because it was cheap. I like to think there's an alternative timeline where they didn't crowdfund with RoosterTeeth, and some asshole didn't report what they did to their landlord and got them kicked out, and they instead doubled down in Colorado.

Never understood why Youtubers always felt like they had to live in LA.

Some of it probably is that years ago both Machinima and Maker Studios were based there along with a lot of the creative agencies. They will also see the YouTubers / Streamers who move to L.A. and explode in popularity (like Rhett & Link) and suffer from a preference cascade leading them to think it will be the same for them.

From memory, the plan for CowChop was always to move to LA, it just got pushed ahead of schedule when they got kicked out of the house a couple months before their lease was up (Which is why they were temporarily in a barn).

I figure CowChop would've eventually ended up ending by now anyway but moving to LA lead to much quicker burnout with the crew, that's 100% for sure. Even the people they hired from the area pretty quickly burnt out (Lindsay went to FunHaus, Alec quit the industry, and Jakob was regularly bouncing between behind the scenes and in front of the camera). Everyone that was part of the Colorado crew eventually ended up moving back to Colorado, even Aleks who seemed to like LA a lot at first. Even Brett himself who had planned on starting Muscle Party as another offshoot like Offcanny was immediately just burnt out and all the plans fell through until he just ended up becoming a twitch streamer from home.

If CowChop had ever managed to stay in tact by the time the pandemic hit, they'd have probably ended the channel already because much like AH, they relied a lot on physical interactions with each other and it didn't help that the way YouTube was demonetizing them, they were barely making any money at all to begin with.

As far as LA goes, it's a kind of old YT thing to do to move out to LA once you start making money because of networking/clout and suddenly you've got all this money to spend but Austin TX is becoming the new destination now

Barbara's big bikini Onlyfans shoot isn't getting a great response from what I've seen. Wes's dull style, Barbara with a soulless expression and a not very sexy bikini has resulted in a lot of people not being happy. I don't know much about Wes's history with RT, but I feel like he got hired more because he was a friend of somebody rather than because of his talent.
3648x5472_b542983e7c8323e527ab3ede0134b05c-h1mevqUV.jpg

Your NSA Handler

Glowing. Watching. Laughing.
Barbara's big bikini Onlyfans shoot isn't getting a great response from what I've seen. Wes's dull style, Barbara with a soulless expression and a not very sexy bikini has resulted in a lot of people not being happy. I don't know much about Wes's history with RT, but I feel like he got hired more because he was a friend of somebody rather than because of his talent.
She looks like Skyler White two seconds before her suicide attempt in the pool. Only somehow less attractive.

1611617406629.png