Roosterteeth / Achievement Hunter / Let's Play / Funhaus / Inside Gaming - Do you ever wonder why we're still here? Dick pics and sellouts ahoy.

pephickshigh

kiwifarms.net
Speaking jack stream I decided to see exactly how bad it was. And my god was it fucking terrible here was the problems I saw with his stream. 1 he doesn’t look at chat and interact with them he had like 243 viewers and nothing he doesn’t acknowledge them aside the people who cheer bits and also his chat was nearly dead, like nothing just your occasional message but other than the chat was dead and I’ve seen streamer with 30 viewers and the chat is alive and well you got multiple conversations between other chat members and the streamer is actively talk to chat. 2 he rarely talk like he doesn’t have anything to say maybe the occasional hum or comment about the game but he is just too quiet. Like cmon man get some bit alerts and liven up your streams and funny enough his streams really are like watching paint dry. And now for the final point and this is mostly my opinion. He just doesn’t play games that are fun to watch he’s been playing AC Valhalla and it’s just boring to watch him it he doesn’t take risks in the game to make it any funner to watch and that coupled with his personality just makes an overall boring stream.
What you describe is actually better than what I thought it would be. I figured he'd just talk politics the whole time.

ToddleDoddle

kiwifarms.net
Speaking jack stream I decided to see exactly how bad it was. And my god was it fucking terrible here was the problems I saw with his stream. 1 he doesn’t look at chat and interact with them he had like 243 viewers and nothing he doesn’t acknowledge them aside the people who cheer bits and also his chat was nearly dead, like nothing just your occasional message but other than the chat was dead and I’ve seen streamer with 30 viewers and the chat is alive and well you got multiple conversations between other chat members and the streamer is actively talk to chat. 2 he rarely talk like he doesn’t have anything to say maybe the occasional hum or comment about the game but he is just too quiet. Like cmon man get some bit alerts and liven up your streams and funny enough his streams really are like watching paint dry. And now for the final point and this is mostly my opinion. He just doesn’t play games that are fun to watch he’s been playing AC Valhalla and it’s just boring to watch him it he doesn’t take risks in the game to make it any funner to watch and that coupled with his personality just makes an overall boring stream.
The thing about Jack is he has never been very interesting. If you were to poll AH fans about who their favorite member was, Jack would probably be in last by a large margin. Ray would still get more votes than him despite leaving AH nearly 6 years go. Jack is the main straight man of the group, on his own he doesn't have much going for him. His purpose is to be someone for Gavin or whoever to annoy. It's no surprise he can't carry a stream.

Most Dumbest Bitch

[LGBT] Leader of Antifa
kiwifarms.net
The thing about Jack is he has never been very interesting. If you were to poll AH fans about who their favorite member was, Jack would probably be in last by a large margin. Ray would still get more votes than him despite leaving AH nearly 6 years go. Jack is the main straight man of the group, on his own he doesn't have much going for him. His purpose is to be someone for Gavin or whoever to annoy. It's no surprise he can't carry a stream.

While I'm not really a fan of Jack in general, I do think he has the capacity to be funny and entertaining; he just needs a solid group to back him, because his sense of humor is so dry that it can get extremely dull if he's the only one carrying a video. But honestly, I think that his dry sense of humor and laidback approach is actually what made their group dynamic work pretty well - once Jack got over himself, by which I mean stopped being overly hostile to the new hires, their chemistry hugely improved. Having Jack around gave the much funnier coworkers a reliable subject to bounce jokes off of, while also ensuring that their videos weren't ALL screaming and utter nonsense, because that would get boring after a while. Having a more "boring" person on your team is a really huge boon in that regard.

In fairness to Jack, though, even though he's not really that funny on his own, he is what I would call the sniper comedian of AH; his primary role is to play the straight man/butt of the joke more than to be funny himself, but there are some very, VERY rare occasions where he'll hit the mark dead-on and be the funniest guy in the room for once. My favorite example of this is the intro to Minecraft #47 - I fucking love the uproarious laugh he gets from the entire group after saying just one sentence. No timestamp because, as previously mentioned, it's the video's intro; the entire intro is probably 3 minutes tops, but Jack's big moment comes around 1:35 (though I recommend watching the intro in full if you haven't before).

A less obvious example is this throwaway line from The Salt Raid (timestamp at 3:05), which I absolutely LOVED because of how fucking annoying Ryan was being during this video. If you haven't seen this video before, for context, Ryan was complaining about being the only person killing enemies (which he wasn't), and singled out Jack in particular for not killing anyone just minutes before this moment happened. Jack twisting the knife with so few words is funny enough on its own, but the fucking smug grin he does while Ryan is visibly furious and Michael is screaming at him to shut the fuck up and stop instigating is just fucking hysterical to me.

Tom Honks

kiwifarms.net
Welp Texan governor Greg abott just lifted the mask mandate and opened up Texas 100%. And yes RT people are saying some dumbass shit.
7309FCF9-DD32-4F61-9A41-A01E6F73E39D.jpegEC76E324-BD44-4C05-AC46-48450BE367AD.jpegD6CE0BA6-1D03-4736-AD11-FDB3DB8F10FB.jpeg
Fucking idiots like they don’t understand some businesses are bleeding money currently. And maybe they don’t understand that while the mask mandate has lifted that doesn’t mean private businesses and bars can still order you to wear one. How fucking brain dead can you fucking be. like if you want to continue wearing a mask that your choice and if you don’t want to then you don’t have to as well. If you don’t like it here in Texas then GET THE FUCK OUT I’m tired of their constant bitching and moaning about small dumb shit like this.

Your NSA Handler

Glowing. Watching. Laughing.
kiwifarms.net
Those moments do happen, but a solo stream is the absolute worst place for him. He's completely dependent upon the energy of other people.
A less obvious example is this throwaway line from The Salt Raid (timestamp at 3:05), which I absolutely LOVED because of how fucking annoying Ryan was being during this video. If you haven't seen this video before, for context, Ryan was complaining about being the only person killing enemies (which he wasn't), and singled out Jack in particular for not killing anyone just minutes before this moment happened. Jack twisting the knife with so few words is funny enough on its own, but the fucking smug grin he does while Ryan is visibly furious and Michael is screaming at him to shut the fuck up and stop instigating is just fucking hysterical to me.
Another good example of him using "What happened?" to great effect was in the famous AH vs FH Dead by Daylight videos (9:50). Not only is that entire video series the perfect demonstration of how good AH could be at games they really tried at/practiced, it is fucking embarrassing for Funhaus with their (and especially Lawrence's) shitty attitudes about the whole thing. In the video I just linked, FH (Peake) is the killer and AH is the survivors, but in this video they swap, giving both sides an opportunity to show off their teamwork.

Except Funhaus didn't. At parts of the video they are getting legitimately angry at each other, leading to a saga on all their subreddits (AH/FH/RT) where Bruce and Michael start arguing openly in the replies. I'd link it, but I believe it all got purged, or at least the direct links to the threads did, and I can't find the accounts that participated in them. The best part was Bruce kept insisting he was not upset, but he was very clearly upset.

This is why I think a lot of people don't know how shitty these guys can be to each other, and that this whole "everybody is friends having fun" schtick is hollow - it's hard for someone to find examples of it even when they're looking for it. If you just watch the videos or casually check in on twitter/the subreddit, you are not finding this shit because it's locked down. It's easy to hugbox, I guess.

Speaking of, holy shit, the hugboxing on the subreddits is so sickening. I guess this is technically for the fandom threads, but the YOU GUYS SAVED MY LIFE/WOW THIS IMAGE IS PEAK FIONA ENERGY/etc. posts are just embarrassing. You should have never thought these people were your friends, but even if you got fooled by parasocial shit, you should have realized it was especially untrue for these people around the Ryan saga, or maybe all the times they showed contempt for the fans.

Welp Texan governor Greg abott just lifted the mask mandate and opened up Texas 100%. And yes RT people are saying some dumbass shit.
View attachment 1964188View attachment 1964190View attachment 1964191
Fucking idiots like they don’t understand some businesses are bleeding money currently. And maybe they don’t understand that while the mask mandate has lifted that doesn’t mean private businesses and bars can still order you to wear one. How fucking brain dead can you fucking be. like if you want to continue wearing a mask that your choice and if you don’t want to then you don’t have to as well. If you don’t like it here in Texas then GET THE FUCK OUT I’m tired of their constant bitching and moaning about small dumb shit like this.
They’re just upset the rest of Texas isn’t like their little corner of Austin. That and they probably get themselves off to the idea of Texas turning blue.

Tom Honks

kiwifarms.net
My favorite guy just gave his shit take too.
E21B4F45-13C5-4D10-863C-87C79DC7DB6F.jpeg
Man why so angry Blaine must be all that juice you’re taking giving you that roid rage. Fucking absolute dunce this guy

I
They’re just upset the rest of Texas isn’t like their little corner of Austin. That and they probably get themselves off to the idea of Texas turning blue.
Oh absolutely they get themselves off of that they’ve been virtual signaling so hard for people to vote blue
"What's the problem? WE haven't missed a paycheck."
And that sounds exactly like the mindset they have. Mean while local shops have closed and local breweries located in Austin are on the verge of shutting down. But nope they don’t care about these local people cause they still get a check.

Mal.0

You wouldn't fuck an app, would you?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My favorite guy just gave his shit take too. Man why so angry Blaine must be all that juice you’re taking giving you that roid rage. Fucking absolute dunce this guy
Forgive me I'm fucking retarded, but isn't motherfucker one word when used as an insult?

Motherfucker has a different meaning than mother fucker, right? One is an insult and the other is what your school bully calls himself.

Tom Honks

kiwifarms.net
Forgive me I'm fucking retarded, but isn't motherfucker one word when used as an insult?

Motherfucker has a different meaning than mother fucker, right? One is an insult and the other is what your school bully calls himself.
Holy shit your right it should be one word. Lmfao

Sharyn

kiwifarms.net
It took a very, very, very long time for Jack to find his groove in AH and it ended up being sarcastic/antagonistic which doesn't really work in a solo stream, so yeah I get that. Still listening to the Drunk Tank era podcasts and anytime Jack was on he'd just get mocked mercilessly by Gus and Geoff because he never had a whole lot of interesting stuff to say. He was hired to do maps and achievement guides, not to be an entertainer like Michael & Ray were.

As far as the RT staff complaining about Texas that's whatever. I wouldn't go out maskless either but the company's whole identity is tied to being "From Austin, TX" and most of them are super liberal. They'd be happier in Colorado if they wouldn't all collectively lose their shit over 2 inches of snow.

Their fans and Reddit probably just skew on the young/terminally online since RWBY is like the only thing propping up their company anymore. I've unsubbed to all RT content because nothing's been good/funny to me since the pandemic started other than a Michael/Matt Ocarina of Time Randomizer so I can't imagine there's very many new Achievement Hunter/Rooster Teeth Core/Funhaus fans anymore, they no longer trend on YT and they've not had any buzz about new projects in ages. Since none of them are going out and none of them are young even the podcasts aren't that fun to listen to anymore. After almost 18 years of Rooster Teeth content I think everyone's just moved on while the staff are phoning it in.

Your NSA Handler

Glowing. Watching. Laughing.
kiwifarms.net
Hey, if you want some calcified drama between FH and AH, I finally found the purged Bruce/Michael argument here (scroll down a bit to see their comments - it starts with a comment by "blaze_holejammer"). For context, the deleted video is Michael going "WHAT ARE YOU DOING? THIS IS YOUR JOB" in response to Funhaus complaining that AH was only better because, in Funhaus's words "they play games all day while we were working".

Everyone in this exchange is going "I'm not mad! I'm not mad!". It's pretty good, and indicative of the fact that - even years ago - they got worked up over their jobs. Anyone who loves these people is a fool.

Edit:
My favorite guy just gave his shit take too.
View attachment 1964982
Is Blaine even a real person? When I see his face, I can't imagine thoughts or words coming out of it. He's the most generic "guy in good shape with facial hair" I've ever seen.

Last edited:
As far as the RT staff complaining about Texas that's whatever. I wouldn't go out maskless either but the company's whole identity is tied to being "From Austin, TX" and most of them are super liberal. They'd be happier in Colorado if they wouldn't all collectively lose their shit over 2 inches of snow.
I'm sure that they could get some videos about snow freakouts. Or South Park. Or weed. Because Colorado. Basically this.