Roseanne Reboot is here - And it got cancelled

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

Dysnomia

Livin' the pumpkin spice life
kiwifarms.net
Roseanne reboot to have "gender creative nine year old"

God help us all!:cryblood:

What the hell is gender creative? Is this a new term that we all must learn in order to be inclusive enough?

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/08/0...ure-first-non-binary-character-on-network-tv/

The article claims that Sarah Chalke was part of the original cast. She was not the original Becky. That was Alicia Goranson. But they already made a little joke about her being switched in one of the episodes. And I think that Alicia Goranson did come back for a short time. It might have been for the last episode.

When we rejoin the story, Darlene and David – played by Sara Gilbert and Big Bang Theory star Johnny Galecki – have had a son and a daughter.

And according to Showbiz 411, the couple’s son, nine-year-old Mark, will be “gender creative.”

The showrunners’ casting call is requesting children who can play a “sensitive and effeminate” part which “displays qualities of both young female and male traits.”

The show has taken controversial moves to include LGBT content before, having featured a lesbian kiss in a 1994 episode called Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell.

Roseanne will return – with its original cast, including John Goodman and Sarah Chalke – in 2018.

So in other words, you want a kid with a normal range of emotions who can pretend to be a made up gender for the camera? A bunch of crazy parents will see this as a template to further ruin their young children's lives.

I remember the lesbian thing. It was shoehorned in pretty fast though with no back context as far as I remember. It was Roseanne's mother and it was so all of the sudden and weird. Popped out of nowhere with a whole episode about it. Around the last season, Roseanne Arnold Barr whatever we was calling herself started using the show as an experiment to float her idea for an American version of Absolutely Fabulous. Thank the gods that didn't pan out. We have a perfectly good UK version that was available for Americans to see on Comedy Central anyway. As far as I am concerned that final season never happened. I don't even acknowledge it. It's just too damn bad to deserve that much.

But what about Dan? In the horrific final episode of the final season many like to pretend never existed, we find out that the whole series was just Roseanne writing a fictionalized version of her own life story. After a certain first season episode where Roseanne gets a writing studio in the basement that is never mentioned again, that is the cutoff point for anything that was supposed to be canon. Meaning almost the entire series was a lie, with Dan having died some years before the final episode if I recall. I think it was around the time he had a heart attack at Darlene's wedding. Which he survived in the fictional account but not in Roseanne's real world.

Also, she had reversed Darlene and Becky's boyfriends. So in the real world Darlene dated Mark and real world Becky dated David. Which seems really strange. Also I think real world Jackie was the lesbian, not Roseanne and Jackie's mom. I'm confused by the ending was so awful I can't really care to sort it out.

So does this mean non-binary gender creative kid is real or just one of Roseanne's books? Does he not exist in the real reality of Roseanne Conner's world? Or did they make the wise decision to jettison the last season because it was garbage and a piss poor attemt at getting producers interested in what would likely be an unwatchable Absolutely Fabulous adaption?

Tumblr will love the little non-binary child. I'm fine with a gender creative adult. At least it's an adult. They can play it for laughs. But a child is going too far and will only encourage more forced troonery on young children.

Anyway, Dan lives! The only good part about this I guess.

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
I remember the lesbian thing. It was shoehorned in pretty fast though with no back context as far as I remember. It was Roseanne's mother and it was so all of the sudden and weird. Popped out of nowhere with a whole episode about it.
I don't even know what the point was. The show already had gays and lesbians. It didn't add anything to their mother either.

In my opinion the worst non final season episode is the one where they were forced to do the paid ad for Disney World. It clashed so terribly with the rest of the show, I can't believe the network thought Roseanne would be an ideal show for the annual paid ad for Disney World show.

Dysnomia

Livin' the pumpkin spice life
kiwifarms.net
I don't even know what the point was. The show already had gays and lesbians. It didn't add anything to their mother either.

In my opinion the worst non final season episode is the one where they were forced to do the paid ad for Disney World. It clashed so terribly with the rest of the show, I can't believe the network thought Roseanne would be an ideal show for the annual paid ad for Disney World show.

Wasn't Roseanne's boss at the diner gay? Plus there was that character played by Sandra Bernhard. So it seemed really weird. I think after the blue collar family in a shabby house thing wore off they needed new places to go.

Yeah the Disney thing was awkward. But I guess they needed a popular show that hadn't done it yet. It's not like Frasier would have worked. With Niles getting nauseous on kiddie rides. I can't remember if Frasier was on the same network though. It's been so long since I've seen it on anything but Hallmark.

will the reboot make the last season of roseanne look good?

I think it's being erased if Dan is still around. Because it says that John Goodman will be back. Although maybe the last episode is all that's being scrubbed. I seem to remember that the last episode revealed that the real Jackie was a lesbian. So Roseanne straightwashed her own sister. Problematic.

Yeah. I was right. From the Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roseanne

In the season's final episode, Roseanne reveals the entire series itself is actually a story written by Roseanne Conner about her life. To cope, Roseanne twisted major elements of her life for the story, which the audience does not discover until the final moments of the series. In reality, Dan's heart attack near the end of Season 8 was fatal and the Conner family did not win the lottery. A story arc which runs through the final season, was that Dan betrayed Roseanne by having an affair. We learn that Dan's betrayal wasn't by having an affair, but by dying. Tough Roseanne, who could always take the worst life could throw at her with a laugh, could not handle Dan's death. Also, Jackie is a lesbian and Beverly is straight. Scott is a probate lawyer that Roseanne befriended, and set up with Leon—who she claims isn't very hip like she wrote him to be.[20] Another difference is that Mark and Darlene were a couple all along, as were David and Becky, rather than the opposite (Becky with Mark and Darlene with David).

So it's ok to turn your straight mom lesbian and turn your lesbian sister straight? Oh man. They better hope the tumblr kiddies who see "gender creative child" and squee don't bother watching the old series. Because that was a blunder of epic proportions.

Also, she turned Dan into a cheater.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Frasier was NBC. By that point friendship with GE was over.

iirc the staff made an episode immediately before or after the Disney one about a completely different theme park and how everybody hates working there.

Morose_Obesity

Let white people enjoy things
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I could never watch the show because we already had psychotic, inbred obese white trash child abusers living on my street, I didn't need to turn on the fucking tv to see it. A couple of two by fours went missing from my backyard, probably so Dad could strap it on his ass so he didn't fall in.

Here's an episode: A child falls into Roseanne's clutches and we have a reenactment of the Harambe incident. End of show.
Yes, I fucking hate her.

Trombonista

You know? I know! You die? I dead!
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How are they gonna get Johnny Galecki back? And how is this a reboot and not a sequel?

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How are they gonna get Johnny Galecki back? And how is this a reboot and not a sequel?

Nostalgia purposes?
A fat paycheck?
They won't and they'll say he died of a heart attack (likely when he saw what happened to his child, whom he watched nearly die in season 9)?

It's probably a reboot as they'll say the final episodes didn't happen.