RPGnet Forums -

c-no

Duck
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wasnt Quinn the abuser by any stretch of the imagination? Also at this stage even the anti-gg are usually smart enough that they GG to fade into obscurity. This little goblin really wants to stir up the shitstorm again? The more he hammers this the closer he gets to a GG clusterfuck in RPG's.

Also check this shit out

http://archive.li/5fDA2

here's rpg forums being chronically guillable about it as mentioned in the thread start.
https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?779540-Tabletop-Gaming-s-quot-white-male-terrorism-problem-quot
I like how selective they are in the victims you MUST believe.
They have to select Quinn in being innocent because she's a woman being harassed by the evil goobergate leader. And that goobergate leader ex of hers is totally evil and not, as some said, a guy lacking backbone or anything.

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?781813-DnD5e-My-best-player-is-a-Gamergater-what-do&s=93d356903af9efc71506b3c8ce7eeb4c

Not sure if first post is fake because the guy acts like a caricature of Gamergaters, but a fair mix of responses are actually fairly intelligent and suggest the correct response to when someone you know doesnt share your politics-"do nothing". But naturally here's a few choice cuts from people who don't understand this internet shit doesnt really matter.

-A little ironic coming from a RPG forum member post duck call lass

I'd kick him to the curb. There's no room in my groups for misogynistic rape- and death-threat apologists. I've almost always had women, gay gamers or trans gamers in my groups for the last couple of decades, and their wellbeing is more important than scum like that.
Wryfool sounds like he couldn't persuade someone Martin Luther King was a good man so I wouldnt take his advice on persuasion.

It sounds like this guy is a real piece of shit. You don't say how many sessions you've actually had with him. I would assume that either he knows that his views are unpopular, or you've managed to avoid gamer politics since he joined up, since you didn't know about his toxic bullshit until you became FB friends with him. If you have any female players in your group (or LGBT players, or whatever else he rails against), you should definitely have a conversation with them about his beliefs and their comfort level having him at the table.

If they are okay with giving him a chance, then let him stay, so long as he behaves himself. If he doesn't bring up his beliefs, and acts courteously toward everyone, then he's not a problem. If he acts up, give him a warning (if it's something mild), or just drop him like a stone. You have a responsibility toward making sure all your players are comfortable, not just him.

The only way to defeat a Gamergater is through persuasion. If you can provide him with a positive example, and maybe figure out why he's so threatened by women in gaming, you may be able to help him move past his bigotry. No ally is stronger than one who used to be on the other side. Of course, that is a tall order, and if you don't feel like putting forth that amount of effort, don't. You aren't responsible for saving the idiot from himself.
Qooroo "the social justice spell thief" chimes in with ask the minority on the assumption his reply won't be "what's a gamergate?"

you have any players in your group who aren't straight, white, cis men I'd be inclined to check with them. If any of them have a problem, turf him.
Xeno asks the important question"what if he's totally nuts?" good question Xeno what if he is totally nuts?

It's a potential landmine, honestly.

Imagine if, next week, the GM brings a trans-man to the group and Mr. GG starts in with a bunch of anti-trans rhetoric either openly or behind the trans individual's back? Or what if the GM has the character's encounter a powerful female NPC that causes Mr. GG to start on a tirade about women? Maybe the guy's really good about keeping his politics to himself, but it's one of those things that, once you know, you always have to be wary of.
Reading this shit is pretty funny when I think of the time I had to deal with genuine sexual harassment and religious discrimination in an old gaming club of I used to go to, these idiots have no idea what actual bad behavior is. I'd recommend checking out the thread, pretty much anything written by Theunshaven is gold. Not in the least because he/she/thwarrrrrg is the sort of person who ends their posts with their name. Although Jagawats kept fucking things up by being pleasant and reasonable. Eventually the mods panicked as KIA noticed the thread so they locked it.

Last edited:

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
Not directly linked with the Forums but Anna kreider who is cut from the same spastic cloth. Here's her game about dying of cancer from the rpg thread
when not making games where you you explore the rich fantasy world of dying from a mundane decease. She complains relentlessly about breasts on rpg characters
https://gomakemeasandwich.wordpress.com/2016/05/27/pathfinder-art-part-3-what-i-just-no/
https://gomakemeasandwich.wordpress.com/2016/03/30/fuckable-female-robots-in-video-games-a-timeline-largemaybe-nsfw/
https://gomakemeasandwich.wordpress.com/2015/05/28/smite-sexist-racist-and-culturally-appropriating-long/

It's pretty weird that she considers subject of dying to cancer (something which affects most of us sooner or later in a deeply painful way) but god forbid a wizard be sexy.

DrJonesHat

A lifetime of regrets
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm a lefty, as I've mentioned before, and my stint on the Farms has convinced me that SJWs will be the absolute death of true progressivism if they're not publicly and swiftly disavowed. They also seem to possess the ability to suck the fun out of anything they come into contact with, much like their counterparts on the alt-right. Tabletop games, video games, movies, everything these clowns touch turns to shit. What happened to just playing the game?

DragoonSierra

kiwifarms.net
Not directly linked with the Forums but Anna kreider who is cut from the same spastic cloth. Here's her game about dying of cancer from the rpg thread
when not making games where you you explore the rich fantasy world of dying from a mundane decease. She complains relentlessly about breasts on rpg characters
https://gomakemeasandwich.wordpress.com/2016/05/27/pathfinder-art-part-3-what-i-just-no/
https://gomakemeasandwich.wordpress.com/2016/03/30/fuckable-female-robots-in-video-games-a-timeline-largemaybe-nsfw/
https://gomakemeasandwich.wordpress.com/2015/05/28/smite-sexist-racist-and-culturally-appropriating-long/

It's pretty weird that she considers subject of dying to cancer (something which affects most of us sooner or later in a deeply painful way) but god forbid a wizard be sexy.
Im sorry but is she saying that Roll from Megaman is fuckable?

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
As much fun as people seem to have hating Milo, I love that he can tell these morons up front that he's basically planning to get banned from Twitter just to exploit it and they'll still go ahead and fall for his bullshit. Then he'll tell them exactly what he did to taunt them, and these Twitter morons will go continue to wreck the platform they're standing on themselves.

True stupidity.

The censorship mindset always is stupid, though, no matter where it comes from on the political spectrum. It says "we're too stupid and weak for freedom."

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
It's weird how often the us compares it's presidents to either Hitler or suggest he's the antichrist. I suppose it's slightly more valid to call him Hitler since it's a comparison rather than suggesting he has magic powers. Also I'm getting the impression RPG forums mods resent their job and would rather be running some shitty political forum. They should leave the job on grown ups who can focus on the hobby rather than their pet causes.

Wallace

Cram it in me, baby!
kiwifarms.net
It's weird how often the us compares it's presidents to either Hitler or suggest he's the antichrist. I suppose it's slightly more valid to call him Hitler since it's a comparison rather than suggesting he has magic powers. Also I'm getting the impression RPG forums mods resent their job and would rather be running some shitty political forum. They should leave the job on grown ups who can focus on the hobby rather than their pet causes.
It’s a natural result of wanting your forums to be a Safe Space(tm); you need a heavy-handed mod corps to enforce law and order.

A lot of people overestimate the power of the president. Similar claims about the sky falling were made in the last four elections. Likewise, there's the common attribution bias in politics that your side is motivated by good, and the other side is motivated by evil. When my side wins, it’s democracy. When your side wins, it’s fascism.

Last edited:

Wallace

Cram it in me, baby!
kiwifarms.net
Wikileaks is literally Hitler for saying all of those mean, nasty things about Hillary, as well as leaking information about all those women voters in Turkey. Now they'll be prime targets for the Schutzstaffel GameGate.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Wikileaks is literally Hitler for saying all of those mean, nasty things about Hillary, as well as leaking information about all those women voters in Turkey. Now they'll be prime targets for the Schutzstaffel GameGate.

Thinking that everything is GamerGate, an obscure hashtag movement that has barely existed for over a year, is even more fucked up shit your pants idiotic than blaming Trump's Chosen People for everything, because Trump's Chosen People at least actually exist.

Tags
None