RPGnet Forums -

• Apologies for the site issues. The server's shipment was delayed. I'll ask again about it and if they can't provide it I'll source another.

Hugbox Kommissar

You wouldn't download an ideology
kiwifarms.net
Hysterical alarmist (((Monochrome Tide))) ate a six month ban for calling Trump supporters irredeemably evil.

Quoting because image upload isn't working:
Monochrome Tide said:
Nah, I think "niceness" when coupled with such beliefs is fundamentally vapid. It's absolutely of no moral weight that they are kind to their own - because the historic Nazis absolutely were. They had many among them who were funny, who were devoted family men, who loved animals and were kind to their fellow Germans.

And they were, to a one, evil.

You cannot be a good person and believe these things. I'm sorry. You just can't. Why should we care more that they feel lost and resentful than about the many people they would happily throw under the bus and be willing to suffer all sorts of indignitities so long as they get to see the "right" people suffering.

The die-hard redcaps are bad people and the sooner we accept that they are bad and they are never coming back in numbers worth a damn, the better.

We need the courage to admit that some people are not good people just because they resemble our communities. It is a scary, difficult thing to admit, but it is essential.
A ban of that length is pretty rare and is generally a sign that the mods are bending over backwards not to permaban someone.

Wallace

Cram it in me, baby!
kiwifarms.net
Hysterical alarmist (((Monochrome Tide))) ate a six month ban for calling Trump supporters irredeemably evil.
It's actually somewhat refreshing to see the mods taking a stand against labeling everyone who voted the wrong way as irredeemably evil. I'd be impressed, except for the fact that this fool has been sperging about this topic for four years and racked up over a dozen bans for it.

1.png

2.png
3.png

Doctor Placebo

Israeli Autism Awareness
kiwifarms.net

Quoting because image upload isn't working:

A ban of that length is pretty rare and is generally a sign that the mods are bending over backwards not to permaban someone.
Are we sure this isn't Moviebob's RPGnet account? Because the similarities are uncanny. The constant vague accusations of "suffering" and "terror" that the evil Drumpf supporters are inflicting on him and people like him are interesting. Obviously not suffering or terrorized too much to sperg against them every day on random internet forums. Call it a hunch, but I don't think the literal Nazis that the ebil red caps are just like would tolerate that sort of thing. I don't think they would allow a forum that banned support of them while allowing their opponents to speak out to keep operating at all once they got into power, but I guess I'm not as up on what the Nazis were like as Monochrome Tide.

It's actually somewhat refreshing to see the mods taking a stand against labeling everyone who voted the wrong way as irredeemably evil. I'd be impressed, except for the fact that this fool has been sperging about this topic for four years and racked up over a dozen bans for it.

View attachment 1082426

View attachment 1082427
View attachment 1082428
"Unearned political influence" is a strange way of saying "lawfully elected according to the rules that have governed the country since its founding."

It's also interesting that someone who whines about living in terror wants people who voted differently then him to "dread the consequences" of daring to do so. Kind of sounds like someone doesn't like free elections and wants widespread voter intimidation. I guess it's good when he does it to stop all that unspecified "suffering" and "terror" that probably comes from reading bullshit BoingBoing and Alternet articles and having panic attacks over them.

WhatNemesisMeans

Goddamn degenerates...
kiwifarms.net
Yeah it's a instrinsic flaw with forums, the obligarchic zero acountability of admins ensure eventually degenerate into one 0f those three. Bizzarly the farms actually manages to keep the peace due to Nulls fairly simple rules and light touch, which is weird considering how god awful we are.
We have yet to degenerate into an unfuckable tranny echo chamber because we have three unspoken rules that create an environment where dangerhairs simply cannot thrive:

* Nobody gives a shit about who you are
* Nobody gives a shit about who you fuck
* Nobody gives a shit about how you feel

With these three simple rules, purity trials, sterile identity politics circle-jerks and other muh trans nonsense can't take root in the farms, and we're spared the stifling insanity of places like RPGnet.

Next Task

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Nobody gives a shit about how you feel
This is the huge one, I find. Too many of these places - RPGNet, Something Awful, ResetEra, MetaFilter - get held hostage by a small handful of people who get angry and lash out frequently, but defend it by calling their opponents bigots who made them feel unsafe. They use their supposed vulnerability as an excuse for being volatile, aggressive, and a bad community member, and claim no responsibility for their actions.

At the Farms, you try pulling that shit, you're power-leveling and get called at the very least a sperg. Because we don't care, or really want to know, who you are and how you feel, the Farms are a lot more egalitarian and the oppressive stack can't take hold.

Everyone gets treated with the same level of disrespect. Which makes this the most convivial forum I've ever been a part of, no matter how many times everyone gets called an autistic faggot. All the other places I listed, they care if you say someone is arguing in bad faith or have hurt your feelings, and you can never point out that perhaps people are being too thin-skinned - you're victim-blaming.

It's just nice to deal with people who get made fun of for getting butthurt - and also don't get butthurt over the word 'butthurt', because it's a verboten word some places as it allegedly reminded people of anal rape.

Hugbox Kommissar

You wouldn't download an ideology
kiwifarms.net
Screenshot_20200110-192548_Chrome.jpg

Spoke too soon, they walked it back to a month.

Senior Lexmechanic

Shitposting displeases the Omnissiah
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1125525

Nothing is pure enough. The purges must continue!
(To everyone's surprise, poster is a troon.)
Okay, going through this one-by-one (note: I run PF mostly, so I'll be discussing these from that perspective):
-Juju Zombies: in PF, Juju Zombies are explicitly "a faster and more agile zombie created by Evil-aligned shamanic rites", with a side-note stating that most Juju zombies are found in Garund and the Shackles (PF-versions of Africa and the Caribbean). In addition, Juju zombies are inspired by the zombi beliefs of West Africa and the Caribbean that serve as the root term for the entire modern concept of the zombie; the classic "shambler" zombie is a modern pop-culture thing that originated in Night of the Living Dead. The name isn't inexplicable; it suggests that this is a zombie as defined by West African folk belief. The same as a draugr being a zombie as defined by Scandinavian folk belief.

-If you look at a tiny vegetable monster that talks in gibberish and your first thought is about African bushmen, that's on you.

-This is literally just an American problem. Just because the word "black" is in the name doesn't mean it's about black people.

-I can definitely see where the concept of mongrelfolk can be taken as a comment on miscenegation, but (in PF at least) mongrelfolk aren't inherently evil; clannish and insular, yes, but in a way that's perfectly understandable given that most sapient races react to their fucked-up melange of random monster features with disgust. It'd be one thing if they were a race of evil infiltrators that hid their "tainted nature" or some shit, but they mostly want to be accepted, or at least left alone.

Reactions: Next Task

REGENDarySumanai

Not So Bad Once You Try It, Right?
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Mongrelfolk in 3.5 aren't inherently evil either. They are usually chaotic or neutral on one axis, and prefer good over evil on the other one. A mongrelfolk might as well be a mutt, but damn do they have a good CON modifier (+4 to be exact, though they lose an equal amount in charisma and they lose two points in intelligence). With that in mind, they do well as clerics, both useable Incarnum classes, and anything else that doesn't rely heavily on charisma. Their racial boni are good as well. Seems like there's a lot of closet racists on the site, but that's standard for websites like that.

Tags
None