RPGnet Forums -

• Apologies for the site issues. The server's shipment was delayed. I'll ask again about it and if they can't provide it I'll source another.

MembersSchoolPizza

Sworn Brother of the Cult of Browning
kiwifarms.net
Given my interactions with her over the years? I'm so very not surprised. Her ongoing personal life drama has been checking every possible buzzword box all along. Poor lesbian married to a lesbian living the dream life as a professional chef, while being apparently a literal practicing voodoo priestess, and, oh, now her lesbian wife is a trans man, and somehow one of them is pregnant.

I dunno. Maybe some of that's real, but now it's all in question, innit?

Frankly, I never understood how she had time or energy to do any of those things, given that she apparently spends her entire life terrified or furious. She was one of the most deserved permabans the mods ever handed down, so of course they walked it back when RPG.net went full-on Resistance! HQ.

<edit> Quelle surprise, her twitter feed is now protected.

Last edited:

Shaka Brah

Hang ten, my dudes.
kiwifarms.net
Might as well be rpg.net, so about that new pathfinder kickstarter.....
View attachment 1145418
Opinions outside the vacuum chamber?
Womp Womp
Pathfinder writers are cringe but the fandom is absolutely based and autistic. It's made up of all the 3.5 grognards who couldn't give up the game and hate change, so as you might imagine it's very reactionary.

Cleric of Autism

My god Autismo demands I preach to you
kiwifarms.net
Might as well be rpg.net, so about that new pathfinder kickstarter.....
View attachment 1145418
Opinions outside the vacuum chamber?
Womp Womp
I ran that fucking campaign, there is nothing in the player facing material that gives away that the npc in question is transgender. Unless the player ignores the whole demonic invasion and interrogates the npc they'll never fucking know.

Just like all the LGBT npcs in Paizo games its just virtue signaling. Plus I think a tranny wrote that adventure, so of course they're gonna put shit like that in it

MembersSchoolPizza

Sworn Brother of the Cult of Browning
kiwifarms.net
Pathfinder writers are cringe but the fandom is absolutely based and autistic. It's made up of all the 3.5 grognards who couldn't give up the game and hate change, so as you might imagine it's very reactionary.
To be fair, some of didn't hate change, we just specifically hated 4E. I can enjoy 5E just fine, and honestly I didn't really even like 3.x... I just hated 4E. and Pathfinder at least allowed me to find players.

knightlautrec

kiwifarms.net
I ran that fucking campaign, there is nothing in the player facing material that gives away that the npc in question is transgender. Unless the player ignores the whole demonic invasion and interrogates the npc they'll never fucking know.

Just like all the LGBT npcs in Paizo games its just virtue signaling. Plus I think a tranny wrote that adventure, so of course they're gonna put shit like that in it
Or if you're a petty fucker like me, you'll just not include them. Just like that genderspecial elf in DnD's heist supplement.

They can write this dumb shit but I and everyone else are well within our rights to outright ignore their diversity pandering. Which i imagine most do. It's only tryhard troons who get little hard ons for this shit and they can't be purged quicker from the hobby.

REGENDarySumanai

Not So Bad Once You Try It, Right?
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's specifically European fantasy that needs to be diverse. No one ever complains how you need black representation in L5R or Legends of the Wulin.
It's because they hate European fantasy and all that it entails. You never see these people reading fantasy from African countries.

Next Task

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Validated User is pretty awesome.

As is the guy saying 'I read what you wrote this way. I know it's not correct to read it this way. But it still makes me think you're racist. You should fix that.'

Flexo

Can i get "kill all humans" on random.txt?
kiwifarms.net
It's specifically European fantasy that needs to be diverse. No one ever complains how you need black representation in L5R or Legends of the Wulin.
Well L5R does have Hispanics.

It's because they hate European fantasy and all that it entails. You never see these people reading fantasy from African countries.
NGL, an Africa based RPG could be pretty based.

Shaka Brah

Hang ten, my dudes.
kiwifarms.net
That's because they would rather co-opt white writers to make things for them versus making something good and culturally resonant for themselves. I hesitate to say they're not capable of it, but there's a reason you haven't seen an African Narnia or Lord of the Rings.

• Winner
Reactions: Syaoran Li

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
That's because they would rather co-opt white writers to make things for them versus making something good and culturally resonant for themselves. I hesitate to say they're not capable of it, but there's a reason you haven't seen an African Narnia or Lord of the Rings.
I think it's mostly because as a cultural phenomenon D&D/lord of the rings first took of in western countries I don't think it's that they can't do this it's just they havnt done it yet and that development might be stunted by online RPGS. It's worth noting that Japan and india do in fact have a tabletop rpg community, I know japan makes their own games. An Iranian Aquintence has even mentioned some traction with D&D back home.
I don't think it's fair to say they can't develop non-western games it just hasnt really occured yet as RPGS are a niche hobby only a few decades old.

Also I'd give my right eye for an Arabian nights style setting or an update for Al-Qadim. I had so much fun running WoD Sassanid Empire mage a few years back, I've been hankering for another go.

Imagine if these idiots put their enthusiasm into encouraging that kind of stuff, perhaps commisioning a Arabian/persian classical litterature and folkslore scholar to help compose something rather than just putting random brown people in art.

Last edited:
Tags
None