RPGnet Forums -

Uzumaki

Black Iron General of the Evil Army Shadow Line
kiwifarms.net
Reading through this thread has been a trip. I recognize 90% of the people being screenshotted. They're all still there, doing the same dumbfuck shit. I posted some screenshots from RPG.net here years ago in a generic thread. It is, no joke, the original SJW co-opted cesspit. OG.

I used to be one of the more prolific DMs on the Play By Post section of this site (especially in the Rogue Trader community, which was top notch over there), which was basically its own separate site. Once the main forums started turning into an SJW iron curtain I just stuck to my tiny corner of the site, but every now and then I'd peek back in and it would always have devolved into more of a self parody. It was especially irritating since I considered myself a progressive at the time (hey remember when they defended free speech and were anti-pedophilia instead of the other way around? Good times) and they were making us look like braying fucking jackasses.

Two straws broke the camel's back for me: first someone was banned for something they posted in a Play By Post game. Not only that, it wasn't anyone in the game itself who objected to it. It was the first time their bullshit moderation had leaked into PBP and the writing was on the wall for us. The next was the following exchange: a woman posted a thread ranting vaguely, without examples, that a new RPG was sexist. The guy who wrote the book came into the thread and, extremely diplomatically as one is when one is speaking to customers in front of other customers, asked what she found specifically objectionable as he didn't see how should could have come to the conclusion but wanted to hear her perspective.

The game designer was banned for this post. The reason? Denying the OP's experience. We never did get to hear why the game was sexist because, well, it's not her job to educate him and also something about cutlery.

I shut my games down the same day.

Also the people saying the madness originated in Tangency are dead on. First they came for Tangency, and I said nothing because I wasn't retarded...

Wallace

Cram it in me, baby!
kiwifarms.net
Reading through this thread has been a trip. I recognize 90% of the people being screenshotted. They're all still there, doing the same dumbfuck shit. I posted some screenshots from RPG.net here years ago in a generic thread. It is, no joke, the original SJW co-opted cesspit. OG.

I used to be one of the more prolific DMs on the Play By Post section of this site (especially in the Rogue Trader community, which was top notch over there), which was basically its own separate site. Once the main forums started turning into an SJW iron curtain I just stuck to my tiny corner of the site, but every now and then I'd peek back in and it would always have devolved into more of a self parody. It was especially irritating since I considered myself a progressive at the time (hey remember when they defended free speech and were anti-pedophilia instead of the other way around? Good times) and they were making us look like braying fucking jackasses.

Two straws broke the camel's back for me: first someone was banned for something they posted in a Play By Post game. Not only that, it wasn't anyone in the game itself who objected to it. It was the first time their bullshit moderation had leaked into PBP and the writing was on the wall for us. The next was the following exchange: a woman posted a thread ranting vaguely, without examples, that a new RPG was sexist. The guy who wrote the book came into the thread and, extremely diplomatically as one is when one is speaking to customers in front of other customers, asked what she found specifically objectionable as he didn't see how should could have come to the conclusion but wanted to hear her perspective.

The game designer was banned for this post. The reason? Denying the OP's experience. We never did get to hear why the game was sexist because, well, it's not her job to educate him and also something about cutlery.

Also the people saying the madness originated in Tangency are dead on. First they came for Tangency, and I said nothing because I wasn't retarded...
It really is amazing how a small minority can shit up what used to be a cool space.

MembersSchoolPizza

Sworn Brother of the Cult of Browning
kiwifarms.net
It really is amazing how a small minority can shit up what used to be a cool space.

Unfortunately it's not a small minority.

It's a small minority of the proactive types, but supported by an unpleasant amount of quote-unquote liberal progressives. You know the sort I mean... The type you can be friends with, have intelligent discussions with on any number of topics, agree with only 95% of everything... But then they find out you voted for the wrong president., and you're Hitler McBabyrape. Not because they can articulate anything you've actually done wrong, or what changed from five minutes ago, but it's a purely ideological blind spot. You are wrong. They are right. And they will never question the definition of wrong and right. It just is, because everyone knows it is, and nobody wants to be wrong, right?

AnOminous

shalom motherfucker
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
RPG.net is such a dumpster fire I just don't understand how it's sustainable, yet it just keeps chugging along.
Is it a frog boiling thing where it just gradually got worse and worse to the point the inmates there actually consider the horrible moderation and smug bullshit from turds like Tanka normal?

Mola Ram

Self Righteous Ego Bastard Asshole
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
And would you look at that. As far as I can tell in the intervening five years this drooling self-righteous autist has written sweet fuck-all. Well, never say SJWism doesn't have a few unintentional benevolent side effects.

Which is too bad, before he went woke he used to have pretty neat ideas.

And yet he somehow isn't too woke for warhammer 40k.

Heck before a number of mods started playing, warhammer players were pretty much free targets for user harassment.

Mola Ram

Self Righteous Ego Bastard Asshole
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Which is too bad, before he went woke he used to have pretty neat ideas.

And yet he somehow isn't too woke for warhammer 40k.

Heck before a number of mods started playing, warhammer players were pretty much free targets for user harassment.

I remember him from the old whitewolf usenet group. He seemed like a nice, if somewhat peculiar guy. Why he felt the need to go swimming in the SJW waters I really have no idea, unless it's because he didn't have any choice if he wanted to work for White Wolf (he wasn't working for them in the usenet days).

Uzumaki

kiwifarms.net
I remember him from the old whitewolf usenet group. He seemed like a nice, if somewhat peculiar guy. Why he felt the need to go swimming in the SJW waters I really have no idea, unless it's because he didn't have any choice if he wanted to work for White Wolf (he wasn't working for them in the usenet days).

He's been a mod on RPG.net like forever. He stared too deep into the Abyss.

Uzumaki

kiwifarms.net
I remember him bragging that he hasn't played anything in years either. If gaming really is such a minefield, then why is he still there, and a mod, no less?

RPGs haven't been relevant to RPG.net for at least a decade. The site revolves around Tangency and its culture, which is the non-RPG spergboard. Most of the people that run the place only leave Tangency to ban people for wrongthink.

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
I notice he didnt come up with the obvious options of constructing his own cultures. He also works on the fallacy that any fantasy culture is realistic approximation of it's historical origin point or that you can claims dibs on such things, realistically how much does the average British Muslim really have in common with a high age of Islam citizen of Abbasid Caliphate?

He's actually perfect critique of intersection in application as he's paralized by good intent. His fear of doing wrong paralizes.

Doctor Placebo

Somebody asked for brains?
kiwifarms.net
Usually I'd say you're being harsh but he's so stupid he cannot think around this issue by either making up his own culture or using a dead one, furthermore he's Mod on RPG forums so it's an appropriate punishment.
He did say he didn't want to just make up his own culture for some reason. Anyway, people like this are why the phrase "self-inflicted hell" was coined.

Screw Danlon

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
kiwifarms.net

Do you remember which RPG it was? I think Wise Turtle got banned for something similar, but I feel like that probably isn’t the same one. and I wouldn’t be surprised if it happened more than once.

Uzumaki

kiwifarms.net
Do you remember which RPG it was? I think Wise Turtle got banned for something similar, but I feel like that probably isn’t the same one. and I wouldn’t be surprised if it happened more than once.

I wish I did, I'd have linked the thread because it was a dumpster fire. I couldn't believe what I was seeing; it was like living in a parody.

It definitely happened more than once. They literally have a rule that you're not allowed to "deny women's experience" which is woke for "disagree with a woman".

Starscreams Cape

Read my posts in his voice
kiwifarms.net
I view almost every RPGNET poster as one of the adults in the Twilight Zone episode about the omnipotent 8-year old kid who could send people away forever with a thought. Occasionally you'll get one that acts like the guy who tried to stand up and say what everyone of them knows - that they're being ruled by juvenile tyranny. But just like him, the RPGNET Mods wish dissenters away into the cornfield.

Last edited: