RPGnet Forums -

Capsaicin Addict

Dancing on the ashes of history.
kiwifarms.net
RPGNet Mod: "I believe in LOVE! And Equality! And Conversations!"

Also, RPGNetMod: "Don't you dare talk back to your betters, peasant!"

The absolute state of that forum's jannies. No wonder they have so many refugees and exiles.
I can't help but contrast this with a MUD I used to play on, that had a fairly straightforward autocratic admin policy. They weren't interested in soothing egos or kowtowing. Part of their policy was literally 'We only like associating with people who aren't disruptive assholes.'

Argue, sure. Debate, sure. But you weren't allowed to be abusive, and when the mods came down and said 'OK, enough', you knew you had to stop. It was pretty damn clear cut and unless you were a complete sperg, you were never in danger of being kicked out.

Hugbox Kommissar

You wouldn't download an ideology
kiwifarms.net
Screenshot_20201120-090531_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20201120-090546_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20201120-090714_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20201120-095543_Chrome.jpg
This is more blatant vicarious living than the angry dad at the high school football game.

Gingervitis

kiwifarms.net
This is more blatant vicarious living than the angry dad at the high school football game.
On one hand, when we were kids (not so much now thanks to puberty), my younger sister was the strong one, so its not too farfetched. On the other hand, the “everyone clapped” nature of the stories that make it unbelievable. You mean to tell me that a little girl can scare off a bus attendant?

Capsaicin Addict

Dancing on the ashes of history.
kiwifarms.net
On one hand, when we were kids (not so much now thanks to puberty), my younger sister was the strong one, so its not too farfetched. On the other hand, the “everyone clapped” nature of the stories that make it unbelievable. You mean to tell me that a little girl can scare off a bus attendant?
Depends on the kid, and for that matter the bus attendant. Get some little old lady who's scared of her own shadow, sure, I can buy that. Hell, I had an art teacher in high school who was almost aggressively oblivious to some of the students misbehaving.

Hugbox Kommissar

kiwifarms.net
The "non-humans we find attractive" thread got shut down.
Screenshot_20201121-183839_Chrome.jpg

I feel like it's fitting that a series of threads that started way back in the heady days of Obama's first year in office (remember that? When the left wing was the cool people who were irreverent and anti-authoritarian?) should end in 2020 as the left crosses the horseshoe to become the humorless moral busybody authoritarians that they hated so much in the 80s and oughts.

MembersSchoolPizza

Sworn Brother of the Cult of Browning
kiwifarms.net
Mods being unquestionable outside of TT... And only at their suffering even there... Has been long standing policy on RPG.net. Even before it went so nuts. A mod could be the wrongest wrong that ever wronged his wrong, every single poster could know it, and still, even suggesting the call was anything other than perfection incarnate is sanctioned.

Tacitcal Wizard

Explosiomancer
kiwifarms.net
We need a poll on this thread For all of the RPG.net mods: Which moderator is the biggest control freak on that board. My vote personally goes for Salinea because she’s just so fucking bipolar; even though she sometimes shows common sense, she’ll jump the hardest on tiny little things like using the word pimping in a completely innocent context.

Syaoran Li

Gay Old-School Rocker and Weeb Mountain Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Oddly enough, I love colonialism but hate Thanksgiving.

Then again, my hatred of Puritan zealots outweighs my hatred of indigenous savages.

The RPG.net crowd are just being petulant spergs, and it's sad when a petulant sperg like me has to point that one

Okay, I'll rate myself "Autistic" and see myself out.

But seriously and all joking aside, Happy Thanksgiving!

Last edited:

Senior Lexmechanic

Upgraded with salt extractor
kiwifarms.net

Then again, my hatred of Puritan zealots outweighs my hatred of indigenous savages.

The RPG.net crowd are just being petulant spergs, and it's sad when a petulant sperg like me has to point that one

But seriously, Happy Thanksgiving!
Your break wasn't long enough, mate.

NerdShamer

International Glownigger Commander
kiwifarms.net

But seriously, Happy Thanksgiving!
Eh, both sides have some dirt on their hands, if you ask me. I just think that it's weird to be frothing over Native American issues on Thanksgiving. I mean, there is a connection, but the average person wouldn't care about it.

Hugbox Kommissar

kiwifarms.net
We need a poll on this thread For all of the RPG.net mods: Which moderator is the biggest control freak on that board. My vote personally goes for Salinea because she’s just so fucking bipolar; even though she sometimes shows common sense, she’ll jump the hardest on tiny little things like using the word pimping in a completely innocent context.
Tanka definitely gets the biggest boner from handing down bans.

Yeah that white guilt can fuck all the way off. Apparently canceling Thanksgiving as a racist holiday didn't work so now it has to be retooled as a White Guilt Day of Rememberance. The one thing more disingenuous than white liberals pretending to care about inner city criminals is white liberals pretending to care about stone age tribesmen who haven't occupied "tribal lands" since the 1800s.

If you want to piss these people off tell them to prove indigenous land ownership without using white devil laws and treaties.