"Yes. Take a warning for using the racist term, racist!"

isthis.png

NerdShamer

International Glownigger Commander
kiwifarms.net
"Is this term racist?"
"Yes. Take a warning for using the racist term, racist!"

View attachment 1826162
The grandma ain't wrong, though. The travelers were called that over in the UK because they usually collect stuff and refurbished it like your medieval thrift store.

As for it being racist... Blame the Holocaust.

Reverend

kiwifarms.net
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

They've only doubled down since then. This was my introduction to Evil Hat, and I gotta say I wasn't impressed.

Evil Hat is pure cancer, one of the scummiest companies around who will gleefully take up the content of an author and simultaneous shit all over them while making money off their name. They want to have it both ways and the community told them to go fuck themselves with an axe handle.

AnOminous

when you find a stranger in the Alps
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The trailer trash isn't as anywhere near productive ALLEGEDLY as the tinkerers.
The trailer trash is also usually content with fucking up their own environment. They don't travel from city to city stealing everything not nailed down and fucking up the rest, then leaving with a trail of arrest warrants behind them.

Flexo

Make sure you set your Santa traps
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Evil Hat is pure cancer, one of the scummiest companies around who will gleefully take up the content of an author and simultaneous shit all over them while making money off their name. They want to have it both ways and the community told them to go fuck themselves with an axe handle.
Again, my only interaction with them was with one of my favorite co-op games and some questions about expanding it. Mind sharing the details?

Reverend

kiwifarms.net
Again, my only interaction with them was with one of my favorite co-op games and some questions about expanding it. Mind sharing the details?

1. Evil Hat decided to make more Cthulu games
  2. They decided that CurrentDayPolitics demands that Lovecraft is racist
  3. Proceeds to say "Lovecraft is racsist, problematic, awful, terrible, and a Nazi."
  4. Publishes information about upcoming Kickstarter/Project that involves Lovecraft/Cthulu Mythos.
  5. Community says "So Lovecraft is horrible and CurrentDayEvil but you are writing a book using his stuff?"
  6. Evil Hat blocks everyone who calls them out and calls them all *ists, *phobes, and whatever else SJW's label folks
  7. Community moves on from EH and their work.
  8. Book gets published albiet at less than what was expected as SJW's don't buy books and normal customers don't buy shit from companies that hate them and tell them "If you don't agree with us don't buy our products".*
*Corrected as the KS was successful at 97k down from 300k which their next title somehow made about lesbian POC's with swords written by soy boy feminists, troons, and at least one decent writer looking for a paycheck.

Last edited:

NerdShamer

International Glownigger Commander
kiwifarms.net
  3. Proceeds to say "Lovecraft is racsist, problematic, awful, terrible, and a Nazi."
  4. Publishes information about upcoming Kickstarter/Project that involves Lovecraft/Cthulu Mythos.
  5. Community says "So Lovecraft is horrible and CurrentDayEvil but you are writing a book using his stuff?"
  6. Evil Hat blocks everyone who calls them out and calls them all *ists, *phobes, and whatever else SJW's label folks
  8. Book never gets published, EH fades to obscurity as SJW's don't buy books and normal customers don't buy shit from companies that hate them.
Again, the woke crowd isn't known for thinking ahead; along with the admins of this forum.

I mean, they say that they're trying to make their forums a safe place, but it doesn't work when the curious people are getting booted for asking worldbuilding questions. Which is one of the building blocks of being a GM.

PancakesPancakesPancakes

kiwifarms.net
It helps that FATE of Cthulhu is a pretty bad product.

For a game built around time travel it completely neglects the mythos' resident masters of time; the Great Race of Yith.

The individual scenarios are very uninspired.
Nyarlathotep takes a detour into Elder Things vs Migo becasue they couldn't be bothered to use the buckets of material relating to Nyarly and his associated crazies.

King in Yellow is a bog standard zombie apocalypse, and is officially the most boring usage of the King in modern times.

Dagon and Cthulhu scenarios are pretty much interchangeable.

Shubb Niggurath is pretty much the plot of Blue Gender.

Capsaicin Addict

Now see here you little shit.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It helps that FATE of Cthulhu is a pretty bad product.

For a game built around time travel it completely neglects the mythos' resident masters of time; the Great Race of Yith.

The individual scenarios are very uninspired.
Nyarlathotep takes a detour into Elder Things vs Migo becasue they couldn't be bothered to use the buckets of material relating to Nyarly and his associated crazies.

King in Yellow is a bog standard zombie apocalypse, and is officially the most boring usage of the King in modern times.

Dagon and Cthulhu scenarios are pretty much interchangeable.

Shubb Niggurath is pretty much the plot of Blue Gender.
I'm sorry, what? You have a time travel plot and the Yithians aren't involved?

But... isn't that one of their big fucking schticks? Mind swapping temporally?

I'm so glad I skipped this stuff.

PancakesPancakesPancakes

kiwifarms.net
There are so many missed opportunities here.

Yithian manipulation, up to and including Yith special ops teams.

Yog-Sothothic fuckery,

The Lords of Tindalos, starting an invasion from angular time

Terminators sent from 5000AD Tsan Chan to ensure the rise of the Great Old Ones.

Dick Justice

If you say "normie" you are that which you condemn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Even the Spanish inquisition would look at these guys and say, "lighten the fuck up!"

Dead serious that I have run across INTENSE religious folks (like the kind where a single gesture on screen in a movie is enough to disqualify it) who were less touchy than these people.

I would kill to look at a members/active users list of the website - especially over time. (Searched on my own before but couldn't turn it up.)
You could get a decent idea by just pulling homepage archives on the wayback machine

Cleric of Autism

My god Autismo demands I preach to you
kiwifarms.net
  8. Book never gets published, EH fades to obscurity as SJW's don't buy books and normal customers don't buy shit from companies that hate them.
You forgot the best part, they originally starting working on a Terminator rpg but then realized they couldn't get the rights, so they scrambled for something in the public domain