Rumer v. Doe et al (2020) - Whoever loses, we win

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

twattycake

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Dr. Kathy Rumer is a sex change surgeon operating out of suburban Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. She earned her own thread here due to her poor reputation even among transsexuals and insistence on picking Internet arguments with disgruntled ex-patients. If you trust Reddit threads, simply saying "I was a Rumer patient" will be instantly understood to mean "I'm not exaggerating, the results really were that bad and it ruined my life" in many trans support groups.

But that's not why we're here today, we're here because she has sued one of those disgruntled ex-patients for defamation.

The Plaintiffs

On the plaintiff's side we have Delaware Valley Aesthetics, PLLC and Kathy "Butcher of Ardmore" Rumer. The PLLC is legally distinct from Rumer herself but from a practical standpoint the fact that they are both suing makes little difference especially since there appear to be no other doctors in her practice.

Link to resume, being a doctor is her second career. Back in the 1990s she did research for Lockheed Martin and NASA - Lockheed is a defense contractor and NASA puts things into space; combine that with the fact that she was cleared Top Secret and my guess is she worked on spy satellites. I am pro privacy but will still say that espionage is a more honorable profession than butchery.

Doxing is not a crime Kathy you stupid twat:

rep.PNG
info.PNG
house.PNG

Kathy also got hit with four malpractice suits in 2018 alone; this is verbatim from the OP of her main lolcow thread:

Valentino v. Rumer (a): Resolved via "binding high-low" arbitration, meaning that Rumer + the plaintiff agreed on high and low limits for damages and then let a third-party arbitrator make a decision based on mutually agreed-upon facts (so the practical outcome was a settlement). I don't know if there is a difference in terms of Rumer's malpractice rates but the added privacy of arbitration minimized her risk of embarrassing events during discovery.

Minto v Rumer (a): Another binding arbitration referral. She even used the same attorneys she hired in the Valentino case, if there's a group you don't want to have a stable business relationship with it's a malpractice-defense firm. The defense statement is unhelpfully vague (PDF, also attached below) and she is vindictive enough to demand attorney's fees against plaintiffs who sue her for malpractice. This reinforces the belief that there is some kind of shady NDA policy in her practice. A brief piece about the case was written in the Pennsylvania Record (a).

Coley v Rumer (a): Also referred to binding arbitration, also represented by the same attorneys, but the judge did not appear to formally "close out" the trial the way the other ones were - the others were "dismissed with prejudice" after the arbitration referral. This does not mean they were meritless, only that the plaintiff cannot refile because he agreed to get legal relief through arbitration instead.

Thompson v Rumer (a): You can guess how this one ended by now, binding arbitration with an unhelpfully vague defense from the same. exact. attorneys. The interesting part is that the plaintiff was originally prepared to have Jess Ting (of Jazz Jennings infamy) appear as an expert witness to testify in support of the malpractice claim (PDF, also attached below). I'm willing to bet her settlement here was much larger than usual.
Rumer is represented by Lance Rogers, Joseph Heffern, and Brian Newman of the firm Rogers Counsel (formerly Rogers Castor). Of note, this is not the firm that defended her in the malpractice suits she got hit with in 2018.

@kiwi-identified cow did all the work for me on Lance, I'm just copying over this post.

Lance Rogers is the "Rogers" of Rogers Counsel.

Some biography and dox because why not:

about_lance1.PNG
Voter registration:
lance_voter_reg_info.PNG lance_voter_reg.PNG

Mother of fuck that's a nice mansion:

neighborwho1.PNG neighborwho2.PNG

Proof dad is an attorney too, I can't imagine how Lance got to where he is in life

steve1.PNG steve2.PNG
Here's his profile from Rogers Counsel:

1624316935624.png

Legal background: One cannot practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) unless one has a science degree. This requirement makes patent lawyers very in demand when the rest of the profession is oversaturated because many attorneys major in things like economics or psychology in undergrad. Between this and his consultation for pharma companies I imagine he will be pulling double duty as an attorney and an expert in trans standards of care. This seems like an odd pick to me because he's not listed as an MD and pharma consultation does not make him an expert on transsexual standards of care.

Doxing him will take some time, his Whitepages turned up 1370 N Bailey Rd Coatesville PA 19320 which is in the right part of Pennsylvania but Zillow says there is no such address. I'll keep plugging away at this.
Let's have a face to go with this name, he's the youngest of the three by a wide margin:

1624317610550.png

Dox: 3310 Ellington Lane, Phoenixville, PA, 19460

1624317841414.png
The Original Complaint

(Link to original complaint)

The original complaint only named anonymous (John and Jane Doe) defendants. To be clear this is because Rumer did not know who the defendants were at the time, not out of concern for their privacy. This is controversial in practically all circumstances because a judgment against an unidentified person is unenforceable and even filing a suit with Doe defendants amounts to a plaintiff asking for permission to fill in the names later. The site in question is rumersanonymous.blogspot.com. To use its own colorful language, it is dedicated to chasing the #ButcherOfArdmore i.e. Rumer herself. Rumer's attorney goes through the site and tries to become a lolsuit all-star:

* A post demanding that Rumer specify which patient gave a quote Rumer mentioned in an ad is spun as accusing Rumer of fabricating a quote
* Doxing Rumer is labeled "invasion of privacy"
* They included an entire email verbatim:​
Please allow me to introduce myself, I am the bringer of bad news and taste. The trans community is about to have its own #metoo movement. I'm the one who has been running the Rumer's Anonymous blog. Do you like it? I know you read it, I know you scan reddit for the horror stories people post about you. I know you are slowly going insane from watching your reputation slowly on the decline. Do you know how many submissions I get from people that you hurt? It's all going to come to light soon enough. Enjoy the inevitable. Pleased to meet you, I hope you try to guess my name.
And claim that this troll has sent many more Rolling Stones-inspired emails to intimidate her :story::story::story:

Apart from being funny, Rumer's attorneys claim this email is defamatory even though it was never sent to a third party, just Rumer herself - I'd love to hear them explain how it damaged her reputation when nobody else even knew it existed until she filed this suit.

* Claims that simply linking others' Reddit posts is libel. For non-lawspergs linking is a form of republication, which is generally subject to more protection than original publications in defamation law: With republication, the original post must be libelous and the people responsible for the republication must have acted with reckless disregard for the truth. This means the defendants have two possible claims, they can either show the original post was not libelous or they had some plausible reason to believe the claim was true.

Notable by its absence is anything to suggest patient satisfaction or outcomes; in fact Rumer claims to perform more than 350 transsexual surgeries annually. That's almost 1 and a half a day assuming 250 working days a year which is just absurd.

The Amended Complaint

The presiding judge got mad at Rumer for not even trying to unmask the Doe defendants after multiple extensions (link) and she eventually filed an amended complaint naming Jane Doe 1 as Jamie Miller but leaving John Doe 1 unidentified (link). The judge has not objected and appears to be willing to proceed with one identified defendant and one Doe defendant.

One minor but hilarious detail in the amended complaint: Rumer's attorney got the name of the website wrong this time and now names rumorsanonymous.blogspot.com. Of all the details to fuck up, he picked the one that could invalidate the entire case!

Our Unlikely Hero

For once a troon may be the hero the Farms gets: Jamie Miller (signing documents as Jamie Roe, not sure what is going on there) has responded to Rumer's complaint with fire and autism. His pro se response is linked here and his attorney-drafted one is here but the only funny detail in the whole bit is that in his telling Rumer named the wrong ex-patient as a defendant. I can't even imagine how terrible she must if her response to learning about an ex-patient calling her a butcher was to go, "you'll have to be way more specific". Naming Jamie in particular might have been a particularly scummy way to move this to federal court because this is a state-law claim; federal courts only get involved if the plaintiff and defendant are from different states (the formal term is "diverse").​

Roe is not formally represented by counsel; the attorney-drafted response was written collaboratively by a legal aid firm but none of the attorneys involved provided a name.

Update 21-08-21: The "Rumers Anonymous" blog at the heart of this lawsuit has been taken down and blogspot has blocked it from being registered by future users. The fact that Blogspot disabled future use of the domain name makes me think whoever asked them to delete it made it very clear this was tied to the ongoing lolsuit.

Update 10-10-21: Rumer has been in communication with Miller and they have agreed to a schedule for discovery. Rumer intends to argue that Miller was the author of the posts rather than just the webhost and Miller plans to argue the claims are not defamatory because they are true. Barring a last-minute settlement this means the case will be heading to trial in June of 2022. Independent of this Rumer has been given until 15 November (2 months from the judge's order) to either identify the other Doe defendant and include him in an amended complaint or drop him as a defendant altogether. John Doe being part of the trial would be a huge help to Jamie Miller because it gives him a plausible scapegoat for the posts.

EDIT 1: Attorneys' names and profiles added.

EDIT 2: More dox and removed a few lines that don't apply now that this is out of Prospering Grounds.

EDIT 3: Attached new documents filed in the case (24 June 2021).

EDIT 4: Added new documents allowing Jamie Miller to proceed anonymously and retroactively changing all references to him in the docket to Jane Doe (10 July 2021), this does not protect him from Kiwi autism and the documents on here are all unredacted. All credit for noticing these goes to @Useful_Mistake .

EDIT 5: Added an update on the Rumers Anonymous blog.

Attachments

• 1624317012420.png
    1624317012420.png
    62.7 KB · Views: 53
  • Opposition to Motion to Dismiss.pdf
    271.9 KB · Views: 38
  • Motion To Dismiss - Further Support.pdf
    343 KB · Views: 28
  • Denial of Motions to Dismiss.pdf
    106.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Order-Roe-Defendant.pdf
    167.6 KB · Views: 25
  • Memorandum-Roe-Defendant.pdf
    225.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Not Really Here

"The Blackface Lawyer and Racist Dog Show"
kiwifarms.net
OC1.JPGOC2.JPGOC3.JPG
OC4.JPGOC5.JPGOC6.JPG
OC7.JPGOC8.JPGOC9.JPG
OC10.JPGOC11.JPG
Miller pro se 1.JPGMiller pro se 2.JPGMiller pro se 3.JPG
Roe MTD 1.JPGRoe MTD 2.JPGRoe MTD 3.JPGRoe MTD 4.JPGRoe MTD 5.JPGRoe MTD 6.JPGRoe MTD 7.JPGRoe MTD 8.JPGRoe MTD 9.JPGRoe MTD 10.JPGRoe MTD 11.JPGRoe MTD 12.JPGRoe MTD 13.JPGRoe MTD 14.JPGRoe MTD 15.JPGRoe MTD 16.JPGRoe MTD 17.JPGRoe MTD 18.JPGRoe MTD 19.JPGRoe MTD 20.JPG

Source PDFs attached.

Attachments

• Original Complaint gov.uscourts.paed.566962.1.0.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 40
  • Jaime Miller gov.uscourts.paed.566962.16.0.pdf
    322.4 KB · Views: 38
  • Jamie Roe motion to dismiss gov.uscourts.paed.566962.19.0.pdf
    346.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

WeWuzFinns

We worship Satan in Kerava
kiwifarms.net
Scientific consensus says that festering wounds are perfectly healthy female genitalia, so claiming that Rumer botched them might be according to "objective" science™ defamation. All this, while the judge will be able to smell their stench trenches from a mile away. Unless COVID prevents this fun, but then again he can just imagine the smell.

AnOminous

μολὼν λαβέ
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
But that's not why we're here today, we're here because she has sued one of those disgruntled ex-patients for defamation.
This is a staggeringly bad idea. For the same reason as suing these quacks for malpractice would be difficult, since you have to prove the medical care fell short of objective professional standards, with expert testimony, and there are no such standards, she's in the opposite position. As the plaintiff, the burden is on her to prove she isn't guilty of medical malpractice, to the same standard of expert testimony.

They don't have to have any evidence of their claims at all, at this point in the proceedings. She has the burden to bring expert testimony to show them to be false.

If there's a jury, they're going to have to look at atrociously awful butcheries that even make Kiwi Farmers vomit. What does this dumb cunt think normies will think looking at that shit?

Also the basis for federal diversity jurisdiction is bullshit. She claims the defendants are residents of states other than Pennsylvania. Based on fucking what? This is an ass-pull of epic proportions. Even one of those Does being a Pennsylvania resident destroys diversity jurisdiction. This is malpractice.

She apparently found the legal equivalent of what she is as a surgeon.

And what does she do if the troon she botched 41%s himself because of being harassed by this nut who already butchered his genitals? If nothing else, it's an invitation to counter-sue for malpractice, because you might actually get a lawyer to take the defense of the defamation claim on at the same time as taking the malpractice on contingency, since you're going to have to end up bringing a medical expert anyway.

That's not even getting into the statute of limitations issue where she admits she "discovered" the defamation in 2019 and waited well after the one year statute of limitations applied. And on top of that, the statute of limitations starts ticking the moment a public statement is made, not when it's "discovered." You snooze, you lose.

As for the disposal of the other cases via binding arbitration, I'm not sure, but it's possible a court would find she's waived any right to force any counter claims relating to the surgery in question into arbitration (assuming there is some kind of arbitration agreement she forces patients to sign) by herself filing suit. But I'm sure her ethical and highly competent legal counsel have thoroughly researched this issue and not just pulled a Landau.

Altogether this is an utterly loopy outing that should provide ongoing entertainment.

Last edited:

Shaka Brah

Patriotic Ass-Blasting Poster
kiwifarms.net
This is a staggeringly bad idea. For the same reason as suing these quacks for malpractice would be difficult, since you have to prove the medical care fell short of objective professional standards, with expert testimony, and there are no such standards, she's in the opposite position. As the plaintiff, the burden is on her to prove she isn't guilty of medical malpractice, to the same standard of expert testimony.

They don't have to have any evidence of their claims at all, at this point in the proceedings. She has the burden to bring expert testimony to show them to be false.

If there's a jury, they're going to have to look at atrociously awful butcheries that even make Kiwi Farmers vomit. What does this dumb cunt think normies will think looking at that shit?

Also the basis for federal diversity jurisdiction is bullshit. She claims the defendants are residents of states other than Pennsylvania. Based on fucking what? This is an ass-pull of epic proportions. Even one of those Does being a Pennsylvania resident destroys diversity jurisdiction. This is malpractice.

She apparently found the legal equivalent of what she is as a surgeon.

And what does she do if the troon she botched 41%s himself because of being harassed by this nut who already butchered his genitals? If nothing else, it's an invitation to counter-sue for malpractice, because you might actually get a lawyer to take the defense of the defamation claim on at the same time as taking the malpractice on contingency, since you're going to have to end up bringing a medical expert anyway.

Altogether this is an utterly loopy outing that should provide ongoing entertainment.
Even leaving aside how bad this case is, the defendant's current statement is "I'm not the person you're trying to sue, show me receipts." So regardless of the factual basis for her case against said person, she further has to prove that this person is even the one she's talking about.

AnOminous

μολὼν λαβέ
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Even leaving aside how bad this case is, the defendant's current statement is "I'm not the person you're trying to sue, show me receipts." So regardless of the factual basis for her case against said person, she further has to prove that this person is even the one she's talking about.
There are also pretty serious medical ethics issues about a quack suing her own patients to try to cover up her malpractice. Especially when she doesn't even know the guy she's suing is even the guy who said what she's complaining about. And technically, she's trying to serve him when he's identified as a Doe in the complaint. She hasn't even asserted she knows it's him, or at least not presented any evidence for that.

The burden is on the plaintiff claiming diversity jurisdiction to establish that it exists, both as to diversity of citizenship, for which there is zero evidence and literally the plaintiff just claims she believes, for undetermined reasons, that it exists, and of the amount in controversy ($75,000.01) being satisfied (and yes cases have been dismissed for claiming exactly $75,000 and forgetting the extra penny).

Space Cooter

kiwifarms.net
This seems like a really, really bad idea from a business perspective too. I'll admit I'm no expert on tranny politics and their proclivity to form online lynch mobs...but couldn't an action like this result in significant ramifications? Like what happens if they start fucking with her business (maybe they already have, forgive my ignorance).

What happens if they go after her suppliers? Her potential patients? Does she have a traditional practice to fall back on (I'm not sure who would ever allow a DO to perform surgery on them, but I digress).... this seems utterly ridiculous.

Next Task

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This seems like a really, really bad idea from a business perspective too. I'll admit I'm no expert on tranny politics and their proclivity to form online lynch mobs...but couldn't an action like this result in significant ramifications? Like what happens if they start fucking with her business (maybe they already have, forgive my ignorance).

What happens if they go after her suppliers? Her potential patients? Does she have a traditional practice to fall back on (I'm not sure who would ever allow a DO to perform surgery on them, but I digress).... this seems utterly ridiculous.
From what I recall of her thread, people constantly warn troons against going to her, but troons gotta troon so they persist in the delusion that it will work out fine for them. Some claim she's their only option, but mostly it's just the same delusion that gets them to install a stinkditch in the first place.

From the sounds of it, I hope she wins. Because simply by filing the suit she's already lost, in a way, but also because it would be funny to me if it was established that there is no medical standard required for this kind of surgery because there isn't a possible good outcome from it. That would be hilarious.

kiwi-identified cow

we made us this way
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Doxing him will take some time, his Whitepages turned up 1370 N Bailey Rd Coatesville PA 19320 which is in the right part of Pennsylvania but Zillow says there is no such address.
Ooh, this one almost got me. I definitely overlooked the other employees when I checked out their firm. On first look tonight, I thought that may be a business address, which would explain its absence on the real estate sites. I found it with South instead of North listed on this lawyer directory:
directory.PNG
http://www.chescolawyer.com/lawyers/joseph-raymond-heffern/ / https://archive.md/B1Pbe

I initially thought that the South/North mismatch was irrelevant since they're the same road name and ZIP code, but alas:
This private information is unavailable to guests due to policies enforced by third-parties.
Great work on the OP!

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have to imagine the only reason lawyers file against John Does and the courts let them do it is to take money from credulous morons. The funniest part of this is that Patrick Tomlinson has done a far better job of it then this bitch has.

AnOminous

μολὼν λαβέ
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
From Aerospace Engineer at Lockheed Martin to Am Hole butcher.
Sadly, she probably makes an enormous amount of money with this butchery, being one of the few if not the only (she claims only on her website) "surgeon" in Pennsylvania who performs these butcheries in mass volume for Medicaid. Butchering poor people for money. How progressive.
I have to imagine the only reason lawyers file against John Does and the courts let them do it is to take money from credulous morons. The funniest part of this is that Patrick Tomlinson has done a far better job of it then this bitch has.
Most copyright infringement suits over online shit start as Doe suits until a subpoena turns up the user in question.

break these cuffs

IT'S A BABY FAHKIN WHALE, BRO
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ooh, this one almost got me. I definitely overlooked the other employees when I checked out their firm. On first look tonight, I thought that may be a business address, which would explain its absence on the real estate sites. I found it with South instead of North listed on this lawyer directory:
View attachment 2283636
http://www.chescolawyer.com/lawyers/joseph-raymond-heffern/ / https://archive.md/B1Pbe

I initially thought that the South/North mismatch was irrelevant since they're the same road name and ZIP code, but alas:
This private information is unavailable to guests due to policies enforced by third-parties.
Great work on the OP!
Tip on confirming dox. Free people searches can be great for getting you in the right state or county, but you should always check government sources that people themselves keep updated such as property tax records and voting records. Those free searches catalog all kinds of free data and can be more inaccurate the more the target of the search lives offline. Some states have their property tax records kept by the county. Some have them kept by individual cities and towns. Most you can access completely free. It can sometimes be challenging to find because these database searches are usually on government websites that are often poorly maintained or organized.

"Property tax assessment records <insert county or town, state>" will usually get you there. Another useful search is for "property tax ArcGIS <insert county or town, state>". Many jurisdictions now maintain property tax maps in ArcGIS databases, ArcGIS was commercial grade Google Earth before Google Earth, which map out the property parcels. At the very least this will usually get you a different satellite view than Google or Bing and it will have the book, page, and lot numbers for the parcel. Having that info is useful because you might need it to access the full property records which can have floor plans, full owner history, whether the owner is up to date on paying the taxes, the bank they got their mortgage through, etc.

AnOminous

μολὼν λαβέ
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Tip on confirming dox. Free people searches can be great for getting you in the right state or county, but you should always check government sources that people themselves keep updated such as property tax records and voting records. Those free searches catalog all kinds of free data and can be more inaccurate the more the target of the search lives offline. Some states have their property tax records kept by the county. Some have them kept by individual cities and towns. Most you can access completely free. It can sometimes be challenging to find because these database searches are usually on government websites that are often poorly maintained or organized.
The for-pay services are generally the gold standard for this kind of stuff, although they can be wrong, out of date, or useless for whatever reason. You can really limit how much you have to pay for by using free shit, though, narrowing down what you need to confirm and only paying for that. Lolcows are not important enough to drop very much money on anything owned by Reed-Elsevier (like LexisNexis or KnowX) or West, which are ludicrously expensive.

twattycake

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Three new documents; also added them to the OP:

Rumer's attorneys have opposed Jamie Roe's initial motion to dismiss, Roe has filed a second motion in support of dismissal, and the judge has ruled against dismissal. This means that the case will proceed which is really bad for the defendant. Judges tend to be more lenient with pro se defendants than actual attorneys but that's not going to make up for Jamie's complete lack of knowledge of either the law or how to argue in court.

Attachments

• Opposition to Motion to Dismiss.pdf
    271.9 KB · Views: 38
  • Motion To Dismiss - Further Support.pdf
    343 KB · Views: 30
  • Denial of Motions to Dismiss.pdf
    106.6 KB · Views: 44