Rumer v. Doe et al (2020) - Whoever loses, we win

Useful_Mistake

Exhibit in a fight between a Jew and Anti-NZ Dog.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I hear you but arguing improper service is a real stretch when Rumer's attorneys got an email address for him from messages he sent directly to them:

And may have been inadvertently confirmed by Jamie Miller in materials found during discovery:

So the email address he was served at was recently used; if the communications with Miller were via email then it is borderline impossible that the email service was sent to the wrong person or an impersonator unless the attorneys typed it in wrong.
You do make a good point, but overturning a default is not super difficult cause courts (usually) prefer that controversies are solved on their merit. Sometimes emails don't deliver the email. It's rare, but it happens. Unless the Judge hates the defendant, a declaration that the defendant did not receive the email (of service), but upon finding that a default was entered against him, promptly joined the litigation with the hopes of resolving it, should be enough to overturn the default. Depends on the judge really (and what John Doe does in the next few days)

Last edited:

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Default judgement is just used as a cudgel to get recalcitrant defendants to actually engage with the suit. They are almost never eneforced once a defendant actually presents themselves.

DragoonSierra

kiwifarms.net
Default judgement is just used as a cudgel to get recalcitrant defendants to actually engage with the suit. They are almost never eneforced once a defendant actually presents themselves.
Ive said this before in this thread but this truly is a lolsuit. The "youll never catch me" line from John Doe was funny. I really wish we knew who this was so we could see their social media presence. Im willing to bet its significant.