Runescape - welcome back to 2007 motherfuckers

OhGoy

shit demon
kiwifarms.net
i was the priest for a wedding, once (i even bought the robes for it)

some random dude also gave me a full set of guthix armor and said "have fun : )"

i got scammed and lost my account (i was like 10, ok?) but there was a friend i met in-game who gave me his old lvl 60 character (and he didn't even ask for anything in return nor did he ever ask if he could have it back)

the game itself was "meh," but i goddamn do i miss the community

SuicideIsPainless

Worse than you think
kiwifarms.net
One of my favorite newer features in RSC was how they made pet versions of the bosses such as KBD and Chaos Elemental.

It was so cool to see those miniature monsters following players around. Every time I saw one, I called it out, because the shit was so cool.
Pets are really nothing more than bragging rights, but goddamn was I fucking hyped when I got mine. My friend asked me to duo armadyl with him one night, and this happened. My friend had better gear(almost best in slot), higher range, and was on slayer task(so +15% damage). Out of the 30 or so kills we did this was the only drop I actually got.

2017-03-06-01-34-47-0097.jpg

He was at about 250 kill count when this happened. Dude was pissed

Bugaboo

I have to kill fast and bullets too slow
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I still really enjoy old school runescape. The community can be slightly entertaining sometimes. The newer version (runescape 3) has a more normal community while I can only describe old school's community as literally just like the Kiwi Farms but on Runescape

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
/vg/ has a clan channel, its about as exceptional as you'd expect but the shitposting keeps the game lively
Being able to chat with randoms you met in the game was pretty great though. Only smaller MMO's have that anymore and they're usually ass.

I still really enjoy old school runescape. The community can be slightly entertaining sometimes. The newer version (runescape 3) has a more normal community while I can only describe old school's community as literally just like the Kiwi Farms but on Runescape
Probably still one of the best. The gay pride event should be used to advertise the game.

• Agree
Reactions: SuicideIsPainless

SuicideIsPainless

Worse than you think
kiwifarms.net

Rip the best Runescape cow.
Nah his true cowdem is just getting started. Christ he's moving to a new a country with a girl he met on the internet 7 months ago. She made him shut down his clan chat, block friends he's known for years, and on top of that his entire autistic fanbase hates her. This shit is going to blow up in his face spectacularly.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: mrdk_04 and Slap47

Dick Pooman

Muchacho Sauce
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
One of Jagex's employees (Mod Jed) was just fired from the company for hacking into player accounts and stealing tens of thousands of dollars worth of items from them. Sounds like he could be in a bit of trouble with the authorities.

One of the biggest victims who had almost $50,000 worth of items (street value) stolen called it almost two months ago when he was first hacked, but because Jed reset the account in-house, it looked like a normal account recovery request.

Official Announcement from Jagex: http://services.runescape.com/m=news/an-important-announcement?oldschool=1

As an aside, there has been a lot of speculation that Mod Jed was into some shady shit when people were DDoS'd during their Deadman e-sports tournament with the prize money often going to members of a clan he was friends with.

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He fled to Argentina.

:story:

One of Jagex's employees (Mod Jed) was just fired from the company for hacking into player accounts and stealing tens of thousands of dollars worth of items from them. Sounds like he could be in a bit of trouble with the authorities.

One of the biggest victims who had almost $50,000 worth of items (street value) stolen called it almost two months ago when he was first hacked, but because Jed reset the account in-house, it looked like a normal account recovery request.

Official Announcement from Jagex: http://services.runescape.com/m=news/an-important-announcement?oldschool=1

As an aside, there has been a lot of speculation that Mod Jed was into some shady shit when people were DDoS'd during their Deadman e-sports tournament with the prize money often going to members of a clan he was friends with.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7e1RfVXIBc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj_EJcGqY6k

Seems like junior mods have access to credit card details and now every account is at risk no matter what security they may have if the guy was leaking stuff.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: mrdk_04

Bugaboo

I have to kill fast and bullets too slow
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Deadman mode is happening now, the winner of this season gets 20k in real monies. Everyone and their grandma be scrambling to be the very best like no one ever was

• Informative

Fibonacci

Koning der Pijpbeurt
kiwifarms.net
GodBear help me, I'm playing this shit in 2018 too. But hell, when there's downtime at work might as well help test the new mobile app and bury a million chicken bones for fun.

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Nah his true cowdem is just getting started. Christ he's moving to a new a country with a girl he met on the internet 7 months ago. She made him shut down his clan chat, block friends he's known for years, and on top of that his entire autistic fanbase hates her. This shit is going to blow up in his face spectacularly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWE-z65U26k

And now she's pregnant...

• Informative

Shugo

kiwifarms.net

Nice job Jagex. "Accidentally" added a twisted bow (the second most expensive item in the game) spawner next to the farming guild and QA team somehow "missed" it in testing.

For an hour, Jagex promised they would deal with the problem "manually" even though countless tbows were sold on the GE and bought and plunged their price to 500m and lower. What would be done with all the other items in the GE going wild? Items bought with t-bow selling proceeds? Will items bought from someone selling a t-bow be refunded or are they just out of the game?

Instead of turning the game off when they noticed a tbow spawning on the ground, they said "nah we need to keep the game going so we don't ruin the online experience. We're gonna block it with some trees as a hotfix." So they kept it on for an hour, now it's shut down, now they're saying they're gonna deal with the problem with a roll-back, finally.

Do they test updates anymore? First they "update" with poincurses that turns every stackable item into max cash when you get killed in PvP, then they change it so you can save your autosaved spell with a staff, but they broke all staffs from being able to autocast or cast spells at all!

Last edited: