RuPaul's views on women doing drag -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fandom Trash

Just your typical tumblr trash
kiwifarms.net
I thought drag queens was about guys dressing up like girls. That was the whole point right?

Wouldnt it defeat the purpose if women do it?

I just find it funny how people would say RuPaul was making history with his show and now that he said one thing about trans people, suddenly means he's public enemy number 1.

Man, these whole trans movement is going to bite people in the butt (someday hopefully)

Salt Water Taffy

kiwifarms.net
I always thought it was you could only do a form of drag (queens or kings) if you were in the LGBTetc community.

Really, RuPaul is just following the rhetoric these folks have been spewing for years - straight and cis people aren't allowed to be proud of their gender identity. Cis men are the devil incarnate and cis women aren't as real of women as trans women.

Do these angry people want to be... actually inclusive?!‽

CatParty

Boo
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, I've heard drag queens absolutely despise trannies. The reasoning I've been told is that drag queens celebrate the beauty and glamour of women, while they see transsexuals as just being parasites on that mystique for their own vanity.
Yeah drag queens bother passing while you get troons like that goblin zinnia Jones or living gnome jake alley or melted garbage bag terra jones

Next Task

kiwifarms.net
A lot of troons hate drag because they think it's appropriating trans culture. Because they think any time a man wears women's clothing it reflects on them, from a guy jokingly putting on his girlfriend's dress for a costume party to full-time transvestites to drag queens.

Pointing out that men wearing women's clothing shouldn't have anything to do with ostensible women wearing women's clothing doesn't get a good response.

It's the standard shit - it's all about them and their feels, and fuck everyone else.

LtCucumber

Girls, Girls, Girls
kiwifarms.net
I remember there's been a few people who competed on drag race who have been pissed off at RuPaul. I remember clearly that Carmen Carrera got a bit mad at him for a few things he said: https://attitude.co.uk/article/14111/carmen-carrera-opens-up-about-feuding-with-rupaul-and-life-after-drag-race/ I think for Rupaul's use of things that she isn't a fan of hearing, as a trans woman. To each their own I guess?

I'm sure she's not the only competitor from drag race that's slammed him for this or that. I think Kenya Michaels might have done but I really don't know.
Like I said, there's so much more salt on him than just this. Mostly from trans people, including some contestants on the show? A lot of people have got up in his business about his opinion on drag kings too. I think that got discussed in the enby thread or tacky clothes of tumblr thread or something like that. People complaining about it being sexist or some crap I don't know.

:powerlevel: I've seen the salt irl. Short while ago, I was waiting for the bus with a friend. Some random girl I didn't know (who looked like your garden variety tumblrina) ended up talking to us about drag race... Because we mentioned drag race.... And she's a fan. I was so glad her bus arrived after a few minutes though. When she mentioned the word "problematic" unironically, I did sorta die inside:powerlevel:

Let's be real, there's been so many people questioning the realism of drag race as a show for a while now. Lisbug made a video on the various things people have said about how real the show is So I'm not surprised that something to do with Rupaul is under fire again, especially after people have thinking that the show is fixed and/or season 7 was rigged for a long time. (Like Katya being eliminated for the storyline, as well as how Max was portrayed before his elimination where it looks like he's going off the rails a bit when supposedly that wasn't the case.... Which fans on the subreddit are really not happy about)

Last edited:

Incredible Crisis

kiwifarms.net
I thought drag queens was about guys dressing up like girls. That was the whole point right?

Wouldnt it defeat the purpose if women do it?

I just find it funny how people would say RuPaul was making history with his show and now that he said one thing about trans people, suddenly means he's public enemy number 1.

Man, these whole trans movement is going to bite people in the butt (someday hopefully)
They don't really care about the show until it's acceptable to bash on it. They're parasites for attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino