Cultcow Russell Greer / @theofficialinstaofrussellgreer - Swift-Obsessed Sex Pest, Magical Star Buddy

AbraCadaver

This is not how you run a whorehouse
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I agree with @Alec Benson Leary. I think when he first told people he had a publicist, he knew it wasn't true. But he wants so badly to be important that I think he might actually believe he has a publicist and that person is going to talk to TS and suddenly all his dreams come true.
I think it’s more along the lines of some funny movie script, where the scrappy brilliant lead, who has a dream in his heart and real talent but can’t get a break from The Big Suits In Hollywood, concocts a crazy scheme, Ferris Bueller style, to pretend to be his own press people and agent and make his dreams come true and everyone is convinced and it all works out in the end and when he's famous and rich he’ll tell the hilarious story of how he faked being his own agent to create buzz around himself and what a clever funny person he was for doing so. Also the hot actress will fall for him somewhere in act three.

Russell thinks in terms of movie scripts. Rom coms are real, impossible “extreme fake it til you make it” movie plot contrivances are real, everything is justified because at the end he’ll be the hero and everyone will love him and all will be forgiven.

I think it would funny if TS did hear his song, and called Russ with some helpful pointers on how to improve. Since Russ goes DEFCON 1 over being told he's anything other than perfect, I wonder how he'd spin that.
He wouldn’t hear a word of the advice. He’d just hear TAYLOR CALLED ME WE ARE FRIENDS WE HAVE A RELATIONSHIP SHE GAVE ME ADVICE SO WE ARE FELLOW MUSICIANS NOW AND WE ARE MARRIED AHHHHHHHH

seriously. He would hear nothing of her advice, only that she called. This man literally crowed that they are in a relationship because he tried to sue her. Any kind of contact from her would explode his head and confirm his fantasy that he was seconds away from her carrying him to stardom on her coattails. He would call her back night and day demanding to meet with producers, he’d paint MY BEST FRIEND TAYLOR SWIFT over all his social media, the works. But he would not hear a word of her advice. It would be so much background static to his ears.

Last edited:

DrJonesHat

Chose Wisely
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
@AbraCadaver may have hit on something. We know Russ lives in a fantasy world, I wonder if, while growing up, he watched a lot of movies and TV and built a reality out of those that was more acceptable to him than the actual world. His book about the lawsuit even mentions his dream of Taylor thinking someone writing a song for her was the nicest thing anyone's ever done for her. He has a desperate need to be seen as a hero and he never will because he's about as un-heroic as you can get without actually killing someone.

DrJonesHat

Chose Wisely
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
seriously. He would hear nothing of her advice, only that she called. This man literally crowed that they are in a relationship because he tried to sue her. Any kind of contact from her would explode his head and confirm his fantasy that he was seconds away from her carrying him to stardom on her coattails. He would call her back night and day demanding to meet with producers, he’d paint MY BEST FRIEND TAYLOR SWIFT over all his social media, the works. But he would not hear a word of her advice. It would be so much background static to his ears.
That's the most disturbing delusion of his in my opinion, that he's in a relationship with Taylor Swift. A while back he posted he was trying to repair his relationship with Taylor. He said it on Facebook, so no one could correctly point out that he doesn't have a relationship with Taylor and she has no idea who he is. As the person who knows the family said, he gets angry when someone confronts his delusions so doing so online is pointless, and doing so in person is potentially dangerous.

Bridgeburner

kiwifarms.net
He tried leaving himself positive comments on his first "I Don't Get You" video as "Godfrey Ross" so maybe that's it?

View attachment 1037344
Aw man, I feel *so* bad for his adoptive family. His fake internet personna is still a Ross. If his birth parents wanted to stay in touch or, god forbid, take him back to their lives, he'd ditch the Greers in an instant. I wonder if they do actually love him, or just tolerate him.

Dead Hams

i'm gonna say a swear...
kiwifarms.net
Aw man, I feel *so* bad for his adoptive family. His fake internet personna is still a Ross. If his birth parents wanted to stay in touch or, god forbid, take him back to their lives, he'd ditch the Greers in an instant. I wonder if they do actually love him, or just tolerate him.
It's very troubling when you have a family member that relies on you for day-to-day survival. Russ is clearly capable of going out and getting a job, but I imagine his parents are worried about his behavior after they've passed and there is no one left to keep him in check. I don't know what it takes to not love your own child, but it doesn't take much to worry about them. Clearly they won't be able to leave him much because he'll just fritter it away on lawsuits and backstage passes. I only hope when they do pass that he has enough self-restraint that his sister doesn't need to tell him "Don't come to the funeral if you're going to talk about your Taylor Swift crap."